Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #1711
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee View Post
I can't wait, I'm getting the little excitment butterflies!! Or maybe they are PIXIES!! LOL.
I know, I am about to bust!

My girls and I are going out to the craft store today... I want to get some halloween charms for their hair - I am doing hair wraps with a halloween theme for WDW.

Are you planning to do MNSSHP while you are there?

D~
Old 10-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #1712
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

I know I was really curious about the SoG gift shop/exchange before I went last trip. Let's see . . . it's probably comparable in size to a standard 7-11 or Circle K convenience store. It was probably better stocked (and had more of a variety of things) than I expected, but it is by no means comprehensive.

Sorry, I can't remember about what type of diapers they sell there. One other option you have is to order from Garden Grocer. You can go on their website and pick out the exact diaper brand and size you want. You can also get wipes, baby food, snacks, etc. (Plus any type of soda, snack food, breakfast item, etc. for the rest of you.) We used Garden Grocer last time and were extremely pleased with them; we're using them again this trip. With today's airline charges, I just can't afford to take a whole suitcase for diapers, wipes, and breakfast foods like I might have several years ago.

Have a great trip, my fellow October travelers! If anybody sees us at SoG during the last 12 days of October, introduce yourself. We'll probably be the only family with two babies and two older teens.

As for MNSSHP, we're going twice: Oct. 19th and Oct. 26th.

Disneyland - 15+ times since childhood
WDW - Poly/AKL 2001; SoG 2006; SoG/AKL 2008; Poly/AKV 2010; AKV/BLT 2012
Aulani - Dec 2011 and April 2012

And new DVC owner!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #1713
LuvinBelle
Earning My Ears

Has anyone tried this?

Hello all...

I've been trying to work on my thesis so I haven't posted lately.

I saw an ad with a discount for Disers at that Locker thingy. You know where you put all of your vacation items that are hard to carry (diapers, toys, pics, etc.) into their storage and they deliver them to you room when you come back? Has anyone ever tried this? It would seem to only be worth it if you go to WDW often.

Thanks.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m8tdf7jdhygbu.png[/img]

Me DH DD
Old 10-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #1714
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I know, I am about to bust!

My girls and I are going out to the craft store today... I want to get some halloween charms for their hair - I am doing hair wraps with a halloween theme for WDW.

Are you planning to do MNSSHP while you are there?

D~
Yes, we are doing the party on the 21st. We absolutely LOVE MNSSHP.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #1715
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Yes, we are doing the party on the 21st. We absolutely LOVE MNSSHP.
Hey ~ I'm staying at Shades and doing MNSSHP on the 21st. Husband is going as Mr Cotton from Pirates (parrot on the shoulder) and I've got a pink Cpt Jack shirt. So if you see us, say HI !

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 10-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #1716
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinBelle View Post
Hello all...

I've been trying to work on my thesis so I haven't posted lately.

I saw an ad with a discount for Disers at that Locker thingy. You know where you put all of your vacation items that are hard to carry (diapers, toys, pics, etc.) into their storage and they deliver them to you room when you come back? Has anyone ever tried this? It would seem to only be worth it if you go to WDW often.

Thanks.
I have an Owners Locker. There was also a deal on Deb Wills site for a discount. The guys at Owners Locker are great. No problems geeting your locker and they pick it up right away. I packed large size sunscreen, hair spray, tooth paste, hot cider mix, coffee filters, terry cloth robe, my own pillow, a throw for naps on the sofa, an a whole lot more.

My 'locker' emailed me last week to remind me that we're seeing each other in a couple of weeks. I'm very happy with the service, locker, and online tools like keeping a list of my stuff online.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 10-06-2008, 07:07 AM   #1717
DMGeurts

I love MNSSHP too.... Although we have not been since 2003 It was the most memorable evening of our vacation, and we had to repeat it this time - the reason we are going Halloween week. DH wanted to do MNSSHP on Halloween night, and I refused, instead we are doing it on the 30th... which probably won't be much better. Oh well.

We will be arriving at SOG on the 25th, sometime in the afternoon - by the time we get our luggage and our grocery stop done. We have a large group staying with us on the first night - I believe there will be 20+, but then all of them (except for us and our sponsored room) will be moving to their time-share. We are hitting MK that night for spectro and wishes. I don't know how you'd tell us apart from everyone else at SOG - usually I tell everyone to look for the "high and tight" but that won't work there... Look for the girls with halloween wraps in their hair...

Only 19 more days!!!!!

You will have to check in while you're there (if you can) and let us know how the crowds are.

D~
Old 10-07-2008, 08:00 AM   #1718
Poohbeck
DIS Veteran

Wireless

I couldn't find it on the Shades website, but, I did find it here. Wireless is $6.95 per day for use in the lobby ONLY!? If you want it in your room it is still $6.95 per day but you hook up??

Please let me know if this has changed a bit. We will be bringing our laptop in order to check weather, check e-mail, upload pictures, etc.... But, it seems kind of expensive. As we went to different campgrounds this summer the wireless was part of our night stay, so, I am suprised it is not the same here.

What about the Disney resorts, what is their policy?

Shades of Green - November 2008 for MVMCP
Fantasy World Villas - February 2006 - Non-Disney trip - Sea World, NASA & Busch Gardens
Shades of Green - November 2004 - Celebrated 10 year Anniversary a bit early
Shades of Green - April 2000
- 5 year Anniversary

Port Orleans - April 1995 - Honeymoon

Caribbean Beach Resort - March 1993
- College graduation gift to myself

Somewhere Off Site - Spring 1988 - High School Senior Trip

DH 42 (celebrated 40th at Disney!) Me- 40 (celebrated 40th on train going home from Orlando)
DS12 DS14
Old 10-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #1719
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbeck View Post
I couldn't find it on the Shades website, but, I did find it here. Wireless is $6.95 per day for use in the lobby ONLY!? If you want it in your room it is still $6.95 per day but you hook up??
THere is also a wireless location between the Mill Pond pool and the take out window at Evergreens. According to what others have said, you will need a cable if you connect in the room. At least that charge is for a 24 hour period and not from check in to check out hours. I have no clue as to what WDW resorts do about internet.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #1720
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Quote:
I love MNSSHP too.... Although we have not been since 2003 It was the most memorable evening of our vacation, and we had to repeat it this time - the reason we are going Halloween week. DH wanted to do MNSSHP on Halloween night, and I refused, instead we are doing it on the 30th... which probably won't be much better. Oh well.

We will be arriving at SOG on the 25th, sometime in the afternoon - by the time we get our luggage and our grocery stop done. We have a large group staying with us on the first night - I believe there will be 20+, but then all of them (except for us and our sponsored room) will be moving to their time-share. We are hitting MK that night for spectro and wishes. I don't know how you'd tell us apart from everyone else at SOG - usually I tell everyone to look for the "high and tight" but that won't work there... Look for the girls with halloween wraps in their hair...

Only 19 more days!!!!!

You will have to check in while you're there (if you can) and let us know how the crowds are.

D~
I will. We will still be there when you arrive. We check out on the 27th. I will be on the look out for halloween wraps! My DH is in a wheelchair, so I am generally easy to spot, especailly at the hotel. I have 2 little blondies with me, if ya see us say HI!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #1721
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
Hey ~ I'm staying at Shades and doing MNSSHP on the 21st. Husband is going as Mr Cotton from Pirates (parrot on the shoulder) and I've got a pink Cpt Jack shirt. So if you see us, say HI !
I will be on the look out. My girls are going as Ariel and Cleopatra. We have another family staying under us and their kids are going to be a little princess with a light up dress, and a hippie, straight with a fro. I tried for a theme for all of us, but it flopped. I guess my DH and I will be tourist. If you see this motley crew say HI!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #1722
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
THere is also a wireless location between the Mill Pond pool and the take out window at Evergreens. According to what others have said, you will need a cable if you connect in the room. At least that charge is for a 24 hour period and not from check in to check out hours. I have no clue as to what WDW resorts do about internet.
I know you pay at the WDW resorts, I'm not sure of the hook up(wireless or cord). I know at Fort Wilderness it's $9.95 a day(I think that's what we paid) and you get a cable modem set up that you plug in. You are required to put down a deposit that is refunded to you when you return the box. I think in the cabins it is aready set up though, so you don't need to deal with getting the box.

The last time we stayed at SOG we were able to get wireless buy the Mickey pool. However, if you set up for that and pay for your 24 hours, and then go to your room and try and get on, you have to pay again. It is a different ISP. At least it was when we stayed there in 2006, make sure before you try that.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #1723
DMGeurts

Quote:
I will. We will still be there when you arrive. We check out on the 27th. I will be on the look out for halloween wraps! My DH is in a wheelchair, so I am generally easy to spot, especailly at the hotel. I have 2 little blondies with me, if ya see us say HI!
I will... What parks will you be at the 25th through the 27th?

D~
Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #1724
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Quote:
I will... What parks will you be at the 25th through the 27th?

D~
I'm not sure, we will probably be jumping around trying to get all the things we want to do again before we leave. I know we will be spending some time over at Fort Wilderness on the 26th, meeting with friends. But other than that it is all open.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #1725
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure, we will probably be jumping around trying to get all the things we want to do again before we leave. I know we will be spending some time over at Fort Wilderness on the 26th, meeting with friends. But other than that it is all open.
Just wanted to say, from one Mainer to another, have a magical trip!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: