Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:06 AM   #1696
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Them! View Post
We are at the SOG right now and having a great time. The resort is probably full but you would never know it as it is quiet and peaceful. We are in the section near the parking garage. We ate at Evergreens a couple of times and it was very good but we did overhear another group complaining about the food.
The parks have been less crowded than my other trips in October. Pretty much walked on Soarin, TT, and all the MTS at MK. We won dream fast passes at MK but I didn't even have to use it!
MNSSHP was a blast and we stayed until the very end.
Well...off to have fun or get sore feet!

Sounds great! I hope the parks stay empty until after we leave. Have a great vacation!

D~
Old 10-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #1697
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Mousekeeping

I know that many people when staying at a Disney owned resort make Mousekeeping envelopes. I always have in the past.

Do you make MouseKepping envelopes at Shades or just lay the tip in a spot that they'll see?

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #1698
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
We ate at Evergreens a couple of times and it was very good but we did overhear another group complaining about the food.
It is obvious they did not order the onion rings

Evergreens + Onion rings = Satisfaction
Old 10-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #1699
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
It is obvious they did not order the onion rings

Evergreens + Onion rings = Satisfaction
I've got to remember that. I've never had them. Maybe I could just get an order of those and skip the sandwich. I'm always so full after the sandwich.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 10-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #1700
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
I know that many people when staying at a Disney owned resort make Mousekeeping envelopes. I always have in the past.

Do you make MouseKepping envelopes at Shades or just lay the tip in a spot that they'll see?

I do make the mousekeeping envelopes still. I figure it can't hurt to make it really clear that we are intending to leave a tip for them . . .

Sounds like several of us are getting ready to go at the end of October. We'll be there Oct. 18 through the 30th. Have a great trip, everybody!

Disneyland - 15+ times since childhood
WDW - Poly/AKL 2001; SoG 2006; SoG/AKL 2008; Poly/AKV 2010; AKV/BLT 2012
Aulani - Dec 2011 and April 2012

And new DVC owner!

Old 10-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #1701
GJM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've got to remember that. I've never had them. Maybe I could just get an order of those and skip the sandwich. I'm always so full after the sandwich.

I have done that! You can either get a 1/2 or a foot long of onion rings, they are the best!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #1702
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Quote:
We are at the SOG right now and having a great time. The resort is probably full but you would never know it as it is quiet and peaceful. We are in the section near the parking garage. We ate at Evergreens a couple of times and it was very good but we did overhear another group complaining about the food.
The parks have been less crowded than my other trips in October. Pretty much walked on Soarin, TT, and all the MTS at MK. We won dream fast passes at MK but I didn't even have to use it!
MNSSHP was a blast and we stayed until the very end.
Well...off to have fun or get sore feet!
OOO, I hope it stays that way until we are there! Glad you are having a great time!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #1703
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Hey Nicole, how's everything?
Old 10-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #1704
DMGeurts

Girft shop photos?

I am wondering if anyone has any photos of the gift shop at SOG... I'm sure that I read that it's quite small. Do they sell Disney pins, jewelery (such as earrings), mouse ear hats, t-shirts? Or do we need to go to the Poly for that sort of thing?

TIA!

D~
Old 10-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #1705
buzzmom3
DIS Veteran

I am planning to wait until we get to SOG to pick up diapers for my DD. They do sell them in the gift shop, right?
Our DD Paige

Old 10-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #1706
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
Hey Nicole, how's everything?

Fantastic, it looks like Jim is in the clear, we just got a new F250 to tow with, and we leave in 10 days!!!! Life couldn't be better Al!
Old 10-05-2008, 09:23 AM   #1707
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I am wondering if anyone has any photos of the gift shop at SOG... I'm sure that I read that it's quite small. Do they sell Disney pins, jewelery (such as earrings), mouse ear hats, t-shirts? Or do we need to go to the Poly for that sort of thing?

TIA!

D~

I don't have any photos, but they do have T-shirts, and I think some jewelry. I don't remember seeing mouse ear hats, or pins. They could have had them though, I may have missed it. They had some great snowglobes, my dd collects them that's why I remember that. Also, most of the T Shirts said Florida, not WDW on them, if I remember correctly. If you are looking for more "straight from the world" stuff, check out the other gift shops, but the SOG shop is definately worth browsing. Hope this helps.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #1708
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmom3 View Post
I am planning to wait until we get to SOG to pick up diapers for my DD. They do sell them in the gift shop, right?
I'm sure they had them, just keep in mind it's a limited supply so they may not have the brand you usually use, or the large packages.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #1709
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee View Post
I don't have any photos, but they do have T-shirts, and I think some jewelry. I don't remember seeing mouse ear hats, or pins. They could have had them though, I may have missed it. They had some great snowglobes, my dd collects them that's why I remember that. Also, most of the T Shirts said Florida, not WDW on them, if I remember correctly. If you are looking for more "straight from the world" stuff, check out the other gift shops, but the SOG shop is definately worth browsing. Hope this helps.
Thanks Nicole... We are only one week behind you... 2 weeks, 6 days here!

D~
Old 10-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #1710
seabee
Signmaker extraordinaire

I can't wait, I'm getting the little excitment butterflies!! Or maybe they are PIXIES!! LOL.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: