Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:43 AM   #1651
Mickrzy
Mickey Krazy

Question ? About Parking

Hey Guys,

? about parking at SOG and parks. Since we are driving and staying at SOG, when we go to parks do we have to pay to park?

Can't wait, I pick DH up at DFW on Tuesday morning haven't seen him in 7 months. Then we are on our way for 9 nights, adding one more night.

Thanks ahead of time, so much to do and so little time.

Kathy and SSG James Casey

1960 to 1975 Disneyland every summer, 1972 WDW-CH free trip, 1998 WDW-Easter offsite Condo, 1999 WDW-May 20th Anniversary offsite House, 2003 WDW-November offsite Condo, 2004 WDW-May offsite Condo,2005 WDW-June offsite Hotel, 2006 WDW-Dec 16-23 offsite Condo, 2007 WDW-Nov 26-Dec 3 offsite Condo,2008 WDW-Shades with DH home for R & R from Iraq, 2009 WDW Reunion trip-Dec 2-9-off site
We now live in Davenport, FL right
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...554yxd0fzo.png
Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #1652
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

We never once paid parking while we were there last week. We just showed them the SOG parking tag and they waved us through. I think TECHNICALLY, they can charge SOG guests parking, but it seems they don't.

Have fun! Glad your DH is getting home!!!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #1653
GJM
DIS Veteran

We were there about 2 weeks ago and we did not pay for parking.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #1654
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

You don't have to pay parking if you are Shades of Green guest- at least to Disney- it is $5 a night to park at SOG.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #1655
Clare D
Minnie Mania

Sorry to gatecrash your thread here but just wanted to say that I think it is fantastic that service men and women and their families are recognised in the States for the wonderful jobs that they all do. Unfortunately here in the UK we don't seem offer anything like this and personally I think it stinks.
My DH was in the British Army and I think the government here should be encouraging British companies to support our troops just like those in the US do.
Wishing you all a great holiday (vacation) with your loved ones
I'll be off now to leave you all in peace. The resort looks great by the way.

August 13 - SSR
August 12 - OKW and Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas and RPR
July 09 - Chicago & POR
Nov 06 - GF, Disney Wonder
Oct 05 - AKL
Dec 04 - Offsite
June 99 - Offsite
Aug 92 - Offsite

Old 10-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #1656
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare D View Post
Sorry to gatecrash your thread here but just wanted to say that I think it is fantastic that service men and women and their families are recognised in the States for the wonderful jobs that they all do. Unfortunately here in the UK we don't seem offer anything like this and personally I think it stinks.
My DH was in the British Army and I think the government here should be encouraging British companies to support our troops just like those in the US do.

Just wanted to thank your husband for his service and you for your sacrifices. We have a very large British community where I live. I am at the NATO base everyday, so I see all the armed forces working together for a common goal.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:57 AM   #1657
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickrzy View Post
Hey Guys,

? about parking at SOG and parks. Since we are driving and staying at SOG, when we go to parks do we have to pay to park?
This topic comes up a lot recently. As others have stated, you should not be charged. Not long ago someone spoke to a lady from Disney executive and was informed we are NOT supposed to be charged for parking and if we are, we are to save the receipt for a refund. If you ask SOG about the parking policy they will insist we are to pay. It leads to much confusion.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:26 AM   #1658
suevee
I am in a frenzy!
A year later was in the same fix

Quote:
Clare,

Thank you for your support. Our companies can be generous however, SoG was a non money maker for WDW that the Military leased. It was pretty run down then the Military upgraded it. It was paid for through our MRW. MRW recieves a portion of the profits from our military commissaries and PX's. We also pay WDW on a contract basis to get benefits like EEH just like the Swan and Dolphin do.

So while WDW is generous, we do pay for a large portion ourselves.

treehouses '86, SoG 2000, Sog 2002, CR 2003, CR and Poly 2004, Sog 2005, 2006, 2007, March 2008, June 2008, Sog for Feb/Mar 2009, and Oct 2009 thanks to military Salute!!....Following Husband's wishes ...trip in March 2012 with grandson...Family trip in June 2012...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #1659
Clare D
Minnie Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by suevee View Post
Clare,
So while WDW is generous, we do pay for a large portion ourselves.
Erm I can't imagine Disney giving away much for nothing. I know Seaworld have days for your troops and some of your restaurants. We seem to do nothing, we don't even have the bumper sticks in the bow like you guys to show our support. Anyway I'll get off my soap box now

Sleepy, how fantastic that you live in Naples. I have never been but I would love to go. Terrible really when I have made the 9 hour trip to Orlando 5 times but I can't go an hour and a half.

August 13 - SSR
July 09 - Chicago & POR
Oct 05 - AKL
Dec 04 - Offsite
June 99 - Offsite
Aug 92 - Offsite

Old 10-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #1660
Sleepy

Quote:
Sleepy, how fantastic that you live in Naples. I have never been but I would love to go. Terrible really when I have made the 9 hour trip to Orlando 5 times but I can't go an hour and a half.
I feel the same way about where you live. I am so close, yet can't find the time to leave Naples except for when I go to America to see my family and try to find something closeby for the vacation part of it. There really are better places in Italy to visit than where I live. Most people come in on the cruiseliners and head somewhere else on a tour bus. Sad when one of my highlights was seeing the Disney Cruise line pull in. I wanted to leave with it.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #1661
Clare D
Minnie Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
Sad when one of my highlights was seeing the Disney Cruise line pull in. I wanted to leave with it.
I can imagine it was like seeing a little piece of 'home'. I have never fancied a Disney Cruise around Europe, too many Europeans for my liking. I prefer to holiday in the States as I find the people much nicer and I can understand the language - sort of
Years ago my mum dated a guy in the US Army and my aunt dated a guy who was in the US Navy. There mcut be something in the genes making me attracted to a man in uniform - who can resist? Shame DH doesn't really fit in his anymore

August 13 - SSR
July 09 - Chicago & POR
Oct 05 - AKL
Dec 04 - Offsite
June 99 - Offsite
Aug 92 - Offsite

Old 10-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #1662
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Shame DH doesn't really fit in his anymore
And for some reason we still have to keep the uniform and seven shirts.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 10-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #1663
LuvinBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine-iac View Post
Oh well at least LuvinBelle can sit by the pool with her drink watching DD while she has fun in the pool and DH can relax in the hot tub. All will be happy.
Are you psychic or a mind reader? Because that's EXACTLY what I was thinking!!

I've decided to not request a pool as we will be happy wherever they put us.

Thank y'all so much! (That's me trying to do my southern accent -- I'm from Ohio living in Louisiana)

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m8tdf7jdhygbu.png[/img]

Me DH DD
Old 10-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #1664
Clare D
Minnie Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
And for some reason we still have to keep the uniform and seven shirts.
I know, thankfully he has it in his Army bergern up in the loft along with all his other Army bits and bobs. He likes to get it out now and again and DS loves to look at his medals and try on his NATO peacekeeping beret and a Russian uniform that DH got on the night the Berlin wall came down.

August 13 - SSR
July 09 - Chicago & POR
Oct 05 - AKL
Dec 04 - Offsite
June 99 - Offsite
Aug 92 - Offsite

Old 10-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #1665
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
NATO peacekeeping beret and a Russian uniform that DH got on the night the Berlin wall came down.
Now those sound like a keeper.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: