Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #1636
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine-iac View Post
The hot tub is also located at the Magnolia Pool so that may sway you.
Yeah, we used it in January and had to ask them to turn it down. It was really hot, but relaxing none the less!

We are using AFVC in November and getting a 2BR timeshare with 2 baths, jacuzzi tub, two pools.hot tub, etc etc for $49/night. Great deal. I'll post back and give a review of it.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #1637
LuvinBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
Family of 5 - Couldn't you all stay in one room at SOG, not sure of the ages. At SOG there are 2 beds and a pull our couch.

Me personally I would stay at SOG - I know staying at a Value would be cheaper for us, but I love SOG. It is quiet after a long day at the parks, we eat at the breakfast buffet, which is OK and not expensive or get something by the buss. The meal plan wouldn't be worth it for us, my DS is a picky eater and is not a big eater. DH is a big breakfast eater, I'm not.
I agree. This is exactly the reason why we want to stay at SOG --the quiet (or so I've heard from others). We will actually be spending less on food than the cost of the DP. But we're not big fancy "sit down" dinner people. We will be perfectly happy with the food at Evergreens, or room service. We will probably spend daily what others are spending on the gratuities from the DP. Fine for others, but not for us.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m8tdf7jdhygbu.png[/img]

Me DH DD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #1638
LuvinBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The hot tub is also located at the Magnolia Pool so that may sway you.
Ohhhh... I thought I had made my mind up and now this

DH would love the hot tub more than me. I can't stay in long as I get too hot (I love being cold). DD is upset since she learned kids are not allowed in it. So of course her vote is Mill Pond. hmmm

I guess we'll be the only people out in the middle of Nov pool & hot tub hopping struggling not to spill cherished margarita.

Quote:
From ntsammy 5
Yeah, we used it in January and had to ask them to turn it down. It was really hot, but relaxing none the less!
Wow.. I wonder if it feels like you're cooking?

Me DH DD
Old 09-28-2008, 09:28 PM   #1639
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinBelle View Post
Wow.. I wonder if it feels like you're cooking?
No, they turned it down and it was fine!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #1640
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

I never find the hot tub at SOG to hot, sometimes I've even asked them to make it hotter. I don't know, but to me the hotter it is the better, nonetheless it still feels relaxing either way.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #1641
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DH would love the hot tub more than me. I can't stay in long as I get too hot (I love being cold). DD is upset since she learned kids are not allowed in it. So of course her vote is Mill Pond. hmmm
I did not know that. I just thought that anyone under 16 had to be accompanied by an adult.
Some pluses are that the Magnolia pool has a deep end and a shallow end (The Mill Pond pool is only shallow), it is much less crowded and you can see the fireworks at MK from the Magnolia pool.
Ok now I probably made your choice even harder.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #1642
GJM
DIS Veteran

The Mill pool goes to 5 1/2 feet deep. Plus there is a kiddie pool that is separate.

How deep does the Magnolia pool go?
Old 09-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #1643
LuvinBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I did not know that. I just thought that anyone under 16 had to be accompanied by an adult.
Some pluses are that the Magnolia pool has a deep end and a shallow end (The Mill Pond pool is only shallow), it is much less crowded and you can see the fireworks at MK from the Magnolia pool.
Ok now I probably made your choice even harder.
I will re-check it, but I thought I had read that the hot tub did not allow children. I remember reading it and informing my DD right away. If I am wrong then my DD would be relieved. I'm hoping I misinformed her...but moms never do that, do we?

Now seeing the fireworks....that would be cool! I just asked DD (we homeschool) & she said "This Disney stuff is too hard! I can't make a decision -- everything's great!" Maybe DH should make the decision....NOT...

Quote:
From GJM
The Mill pool goes to 5 1/2 feet deep. Plus there is a kiddie pool that is separate.
5 1/2 is good for me -- heck I can't even swim! (I'm more of a hang out at the pool sipping a drink kind of gal ) DD can swim but doesn't like the really deep end. We probably wouldn't use the kiddie pool though.

Me DH DD
Old 09-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #1644
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will re-check it, but I thought I had read that the hot tub did not allow children. I remember reading it and informing my DD right away. If I am wrong then my DD would be relieved. I'm hoping I misinformed her...but moms never do that, do we?

Now seeing the fireworks....that would be cool! I just asked DD (we homeschool) & she said "This Disney stuff is too hard! I can't make a decision -- everything's great!" Maybe DH should make the decision....NOT...
You know either pool is good. We had room 136 and we had the view of Mill Pond. Let's see if I can find the picture. I could be wrong about the hot tub. My kids were both 16 or older the last couple times we went so I didn't pay attention.

Our room view

You may get visitors while sitting on your patio

Here are pictures of Magnolia Pool area

And the hot tub

Old 09-29-2008, 06:57 PM   #1645
LuvinBelle
Earning My Ears

Thank you SOOOOO much for the pictures! I will let DH & DD look and we WILL make a decision.

If this was only the hardest decision one had to make in their life, right?

I hope it's not TOO cold when we get there in Nov. Those pools are calling me

Me DH DD
Old 09-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #1646
KatRob
Mouseketeer

November--Central Florida--heated pools...you should be fine. We have swam in December and January with no problem at all.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:15 AM   #1647
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
I will re-check it, but I thought I had read that the hot tub did not allow children.
I am sure I read the same thing.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:10 AM   #1648
suevee
I am in a frenzy!
A year later was in the same fix

Children under 16 are not allowed in the hot tub. Sorry. When I was there in June I saw the sign (having a 12 year old DGD with us). Also when in the hot tub some pre-teens came in are were immediately asked to leave by an attendant. I was surprised he came so fast! I think there are some type of medical reasons why pre-pubescent children are not allowed in hot tubs as I see this sign posted at all the hot tubs in our Community pools.

treehouses '86, SoG 2000, Sog 2002, CR 2003, CR and Poly 2004, Sog 2005, 2006, 2007, March 2008, June 2008, Sog for Feb/Mar 2009, and Oct 2009 thanks to military Salute!!....Following Husband's wishes ...trip in March 2012 with grandson...Family trip in June 2012...
Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #1649
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Just looked it up. Apparently it has something to do with overheating.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #1650
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suevee View Post
Children under 16 are not allowed in the hot tub. Sorry. When I was there in June I saw the sign (having a 12 year old DGD with us). Also when in the hot tub some pre-teens came in are were immediately asked to leave by an attendant. I was surprised he came so fast! I think there are some type of medical reasons why pre-pubescent children are not allowed in hot tubs as I see this sign posted at all the hot tubs in our Community pools.
Oh well at least LuvinBelle can sit by the pool with her drink watching DD while she has fun in the pool and DH can relax in the hot tub. All will be happy.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: