Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #1576
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
The Stars and Stripes tickets are for guests staying at either SOG or a Disney resort. There are slightly different features built into it such as park hopping and I believe water parks.
and they can only be purchased at SOG I believe.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #1577
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

From the SOG website

Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Tickets are available only for guests who are staying at Shades of Green Resort or who are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort or staying at a Resort located on Walt Disney World Resort. Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes offer admission for the specified number of days to the Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, and Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex (some events require an additional admission charge) with the freedom to visit multiple parks on the same day. Some activities or events may be separately priced.

Last edited by Sleepy; 09-16-2008 at 01:01 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #1578
Mickrzy
Mickey Krazy

Thumbs up Husband got R & R date

Hi, just thought i would let everyone know that husband got his date and leaves from Iraq on the 5th of Oct and we will be at SOG and WDW from Oct 9th to the 17th.
Thanks everyone for giving me ideas and I have already made some of the reservations.
Thanks again PIXIEDUSTSPREADER I owe you a drink, you can always look us up since we will be there are the sametime.
Thanks
Kathy Casey and SSG James Casey

1960 to 1975 Disneyland every summer, 1972 WDW-CH free trip, 1998 WDW-Easter offsite Condo, 1999 WDW-May 20th Anniversary offsite House, 2003 WDW-November offsite Condo, 2004 WDW-May offsite Condo,2005 WDW-June offsite Hotel, 2006 WDW-Dec 16-23 offsite Condo, 2007 WDW-Nov 26-Dec 3 offsite Condo,2008 WDW-Shades with DH home for R & R from Iraq, 2009 WDW Reunion trip-Dec 2-9-off site
We now live in Davenport, FL right
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...554yxd0fzo.png
Old 09-16-2008, 04:28 PM   #1579
Storm632
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on getting the dates for R&R! It's always exciting when they come home. I found, though, that when my husband came home he didn't have the stamina to keep up with the busy schedule I had made. We had to tweek it a little to accommodate a little more rest and time away from the crowds. Have a great time. Thank you for your service to our country- both to you for the sacrifice on the homefront and to your spouse for his duty to his country overseas!
Old 09-16-2008, 06:16 PM   #1580
allisophie
Mouseketeer

thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine-iac View Post
and they can only be purchased at SOG I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
From the SOG website

Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Tickets are available only for guests who are staying at Shades of Green Resort or who are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort or staying at a Resort located on Walt Disney World Resort. Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes offer admission for the specified number of days to the Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, and Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex (some events require an additional admission charge) with the freedom to visit multiple parks on the same day. Some activities or events may be separately priced.
Thanks again everyone
Guess they asked her at the base, since we are staying at Fort Wilderness, if we were interested in them instead. DD 17 is now bringing her best friend so we won't loose out on the ticket, mom didn't want to take the money, she told us to use it for MNSSHP.. which we gladly did..

I recall ages ago we tried to stay at shades and they were booked solid, they booked us into Port Orleans.. now POFQ. We bought the ticktes and we shopped the mini bx for milk etc..

Can you use the dining plan while staying at Shades? Wasn't too sure, about that either...

mom to 2
BOOED by Franky!
Old 09-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #1581
allisophie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickrzy View Post
Hi, just thought i would let everyone know that husband got his date and leaves from Iraq on the 5th of Oct and we will be at SOG and WDW from Oct 9th to the 17th.
Thanks everyone for giving me ideas and I have already made some of the reservations.
Thanks again PIXIEDUSTSPREADER I owe you a drink, you can always look us up since we will be there are the sametime.
Thanks
Kathy Casey and SSG James Casey
Welcome home SSG Casey..

I fully remember the times my dad came home from Nam.. and to this day it still makes me cry every time the troops return home. Makes me proud to be military brat

mom to 2
BOOED by Franky!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #1582
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisophie View Post
Can you use the dining plan while staying at Shades? Wasn't too sure, about that either...
Sorry, can't use the dining plan at SOG.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #1583
Mickrzy
Mickey Krazy

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the kind replies , I am very excited about DH coming home . I have so much to do now, pack, get car ready, change oil and rotate tires and get beer to take with us.
So thanks again and hope everyone has good trips
Kathy and SSG Casey

1960 to 1975 Disneyland every summer, 1972 WDW-CH free trip, 1998 WDW-Easter offsite Condo, 1999 WDW-May 20th Anniversary offsite House, 2003 WDW-November offsite Condo, 2004 WDW-May offsite Condo,2005 WDW-June offsite Hotel, 2006 WDW-Dec 16-23 offsite Condo, 2007 WDW-Nov 26-Dec 3 offsite Condo,2008 WDW-Shades with DH home for R & R from Iraq, 2009 WDW Reunion trip-Dec 2-9-off site
We now live in Davenport, FL right
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...554yxd0fzo.png
Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #1584
Ashlander
DIS Veteran

Do you have to have your Military ID to make purchases at AAFES at SOG? We leave Thursday night ( ) and I did not know if I would have to drag my (sometimes grumpy) Dad along with me if I need to make a purchase.

Thanks!
Chris

Me, DH, DS(11), DD(10), DD(8)

Last edited by Ashlander; 09-17-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #1585
MrJT
Content to be a Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
Do you have to have your Military ID to make purchases at AAFES at SOG? We leave Thursday night ( ) and I did not know if I would have to drag my (somtimes grumpy) Dad along with me if I need to make a purchase.

Thanks!
Chris
I don't recall ever getting carded when I went into the store. And I stopped at least once, daily.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #1586
Ashlander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJT View Post
I don't recall ever getting carded when I went into the store. And I stopped at least once, daily.
Oh Great - thanks so much!

Me, DH, DS(11), DD(10), DD(8)

Old 09-17-2008, 12:19 PM   #1587
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Many years ago you had to show it for every purchase. Of the most recent years it seems to be only when purchasing cigarettes and alcohol.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #1588
abolanwoski
Not mean, just says what others are thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
Oh Great - thanks so much!
The exception to this that I found was if you are buying beer or liquor. Then, you must have your mil id. (not just a DL)
1999 - Beach Club & Disney Magic
2000, 07, 08 - Disneyland
2003 - Grand Floridian for Halloween
2008 - Disney Magic
2010 - BLT
2011 - Gaylord Palms

DH Me DD6 DD9
Old 09-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #1589
GJM
DIS Veteran

We just purchased wine in the store and they didn't ask for ID -
Old 09-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #1590