Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #1561
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Something else to keep in mind: since you have to buy a ticket for MNSSHP anyway, try doing that on one of your "down" days. We always tried to build in a day for DD or mini golf (or both) and would go on that night. We would buy park tickets for one less day than normal and just go that evening using the MNSSHP ticket. Saved a little (okay, probably very little) but it made me feel like I wasn't wasting a days' ticket.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #1562
Mickrzy
Mickey Krazy

Thumbs up Mnsshp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
I think you would have a good time at MNSSHP without kids. There are plenty of people without children in tow whenever we go. Just think, the park is not near as crowded, lines are almost nonexistent, and you can still get candy if you want it and no one thinks a thing about it. And there is something about the decorations, music, dark rides...oh, boy. I have to wait for 2010 before we can do it again!

Christmas this year, Halloween next year!!
Thanks, KatRob

I think I will buy the tickets and surprize my DH . He did say that it was up to me to do the planning. So I guess we are going to try the party out .
Thanks can't wait for time to get here, so I can see DH
Kathy

1960 to 1975 Disneyland every summer, 1972 WDW-CH free trip, 1998 WDW-Easter offsite Condo, 1999 WDW-May 20th Anniversary offsite House, 2003 WDW-November offsite Condo, 2004 WDW-May offsite Condo,2005 WDW-June offsite Hotel, 2006 WDW-Dec 16-23 offsite Condo, 2007 WDW-Nov 26-Dec 3 offsite Condo,2008 WDW-Shades with DH home for R & R from Iraq, 2009 WDW Reunion trip-Dec 2-9-off site
We now live in Davenport, FL right
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...554yxd0fzo.png
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #1563
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear5 View Post
Thanks for the tip info, Maine-iac.

Looks like we're your neighbors to the south! (NH)
We come your way alot to camp at Hermit Island and visit rellies in Searsport and Stedman.
We love the North Conway area but have not been there in years. Time for another trip.
I have been to the "Burg" (Phippsburg) many times as I have relatives that live there but have never been to Hermit Island. We have been told we should camp there.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:37 AM   #1564
smhogar
Mouseketeer

Question Wedding at SOG

Hello All,

I have been debating whether to ask this or not.
But I figured if I didn't ask then the answer is automatically is no.

I am planning my wedding at Shades of Green for June 23 2009.
I am a civilian working for DOD and only qualify for three rooms.

I have talked to SOG and I cannot get any more rooms even if my guests don't check in until after the wedding.

So, I am asking if anyone has any sponsored rooms available between
20 June 2009 and 1 July 2009? If you do, would you sponsor rooms for my family?

Thank you,

Sharon

Last edited by smhogar; 09-14-2008 at 03:15 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:55 AM   #1565
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by smhogar View Post
Hello All,

I have been debating whether to ask this or not.
But I figured if I didn't ask then the answer is automatically is no.

I am planning my wedding at Shades of Green for June 23 2009.
I am a civilian working for DOD and only qualify for three rooms.

I have talked to SOG and I cannot get any more rooms even if my guests don't check in until after the wedding.

So, I am asking if anyone has any sponsored rooms available between
20 June 2009 and 1 July 2009? If you do, would you sponsor rooms for my family?

Thank you,

Sharon
Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

I am sorry you can't get more rooms. Have you tried some of the value hotels? They would probably be cheaper and that would still keep everyone on property.

It would be great if you could find other SOGers to sponsor rooms for your needs, but understand that many would be hesitant as the room would be in the sponsors name and any damage the guest makes to the room would be the sponsor's financial responsibility.....not the guest.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #1566
Maltwin1
Earning My Ears

Microwave?

Hi Everybody,

My hubby and I are planning our first married trip to WDW in November (hopefully, if his training schedule plays along) and I had a quick question:

We are trying to save some money by bringing some of our own food, but I noticed the rooms don't have a microwave. Is there access to one anywhere or should we just plan to stick with things that don't need to be heated?

Thanks so much!
Old 09-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #1567
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

There is a microwave in the laundry room, but the frig is very small and no freezer, so you would not be able to bring frozen microwable dinners - canned stuff would work ok tho, with your own can opener!

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
Old 09-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #1568
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Actually the top of the frig will keep some small things frozen (we kept a water bottle partially frozen in July, and other food items like cheese and deli meats would partially freeze if we put them on the little top shelf). Also, the frig has a tiny little mini ice tray (at least our rooms did), so I assumed it would freeze enough to make mini ice cubes if you felt inclined to do so.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #1569
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

I would think that even if the frozen dinners thawed, they could be good for a few days as long as they are in the fridge.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #1570
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltwin1 View Post

We are trying to save some money by bringing some of our own food, but I noticed the rooms don't have a microwave. Is there access to one anywhere or should we just plan to stick with things that don't need to be heated?
Can you be a little more specific about what you wanted to bring? The microwaves in the laundry rooms are fine for most things you might want to heat up. Cereals and sandwich fixings are fine part of the time. It is very possible to eat fairly inexpensively at Evergreens. Some nights the buffet at GG is pricey considering what they have. (If I ever go there for dinner, I don't find many items to my liking.) Breakfast can be fairly inexpensive and quite filling at GG.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:16 PM   #1571
allisophie
Mouseketeer

mom bailed help...

Thought you guys on this thread could help....

my mom bought our tickets at the AF base for our upcoming trip to the fort. She was going w us but bailed at the last minute.. her widow group ladies are going on a trip, so she decided to go with them.. gee Europe or Disney?

can I still use these tickets at the parks? They are not stars&stripes. just regular tickets.

thanks for the help..

mom to 2
BOOED by Franky!

Last edited by allisophie; 09-15-2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling..
Old 09-15-2008, 11:33 PM   #1572
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

You should be able to use the tickets just fine...
Old 09-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #1573
speaksfam
Lovin' the mouse

I have bought tix for friends on base and they have never had any problems using them. They look just like regular tix. Have fun!

Me , DH , DS (14), DS (9)
Old 09-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #1574
allisophie
Mouseketeer

thanks BabyFU18 and Speaksfam

I was hoping it was no big deal
another quick ?
what's the difference between the stars n stripes & more and the regular ones.. mom had called to ask me this when she purchased them at the base.. I thought they were for only those staying at shades of green....

mom to 2
BOOED by Franky!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #1575
KatRob
Mouseketeer

The Stars and Stripes tickets are for guests staying at either SOG or a Disney resort. There are slightly different features built into it such as park hopping and I believe water parks.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: