Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #1531
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

You can pay the balance anytime you want. We have done it 2 ways. The first visit we paid the deposit and then paid the remaining balance when we checked IN. We have also, on all other occassions, paid our balance long before we arrived. We have a receipt showing the total deposit, which is the entire amount of the stay. We don't charge anything to our room, so we are squared away and have nothing to think about during the vacation.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:46 AM   #1532
Magic Mom
EVERYONE has the God given right to a vacation here
I did have to go there
And the end reward is my in laws

I just cancelled 5 nights at Shades, if anyone was looking for that time frame...
Oct 6- checkout Oct 11
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #1533
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRob View Post
The morning you check out you can pull up your bill on your TV and see each day's charges. If you agree with the charges, you can hit a button and pay the bill with the card you used at check-in. Anything disputed, go to the front desk. It just keeps you from having to stand in a line before you leave.

Sometimes we never even see the lobby on our last day...hit the parking garage and head home.
WOW! How cool!!!!!!!! You don't even have to go by the front desk!?!? I'm quite impressed! That certainly makes things easier- just pack up and go! Thanks for sharing this little tid-bit!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Old 09-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #1534
stitchrulz
I am not spoiled -- A bit past the expiration date, maybe.

Question

Anybody know how SOG handles hurricanes? I've heard the Disney hotels do a good job. We're supposed to check in Sunday.
1995 - CBR (Honeymoon!) 1996 - Dixie Landings 1997 - CBR 2000 - CBR 2001 - SOG 2002 - Contemporary 2003 - Contemporary 2004 - SOG 2005 - Polynesian (10th Anniversary!) 2006 - WL 2007 SOG 2008 - SOG 2009 - Polynesian
2012 - Polynesian

In memory of Stubs, our beloved "Pud" 04/10/2007
Old 09-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #1535
Mickrzy
Mickey Krazy

I just called Shades and was able to get our dates of the 9th thur the 17th of October. Husband is coming home on R & R Leave, and we are going to WDW and Shades for 8 days. This will be our first visit to Shades, I hope everything goes well and we enjoy our time, we have always stayed off site. I am looking forward to trip and our time together.

1960 to 1975 Disneyland every summer, 1972 WDW-CH free trip, 1998 WDW-Easter offsite Condo, 1999 WDW-May 20th Anniversary offsite House, 2003 WDW-November offsite Condo, 2004 WDW-May offsite Condo,2005 WDW-June offsite Hotel, 2006 WDW-Dec 16-23 offsite Condo, 2007 WDW-Nov 26-Dec 3 offsite Condo,2008 WDW-Shades with DH home for R & R from Iraq, 2009 WDW Reunion trip-Dec 2-9-off site
We now live in Davenport, FL right
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...554yxd0fzo.png
Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #1536
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchrulz View Post
Anybody know how SOG handles hurricanes? I've heard the Disney hotels do a good job. We're supposed to check in Sunday.
I am not sure of the answer to that, but I noticed on the website, they are taking in "refugees" and only charging them the cheapest rate they have.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #1537
Bumpy Grumpy
Mouseketeer

Thanks to all the answers for my billing question.

Arlene
Old 09-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #1538
Piglet4Ever
Navy Wife, toughest job in the Navy!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickrzy View Post
I just called Shades and was able to get our dates of the 9th thur the 17th of October. Husband is coming home on R & R Leave, and we are going to WDW and Shades for 8 days. This will be our first visit to Shades, I hope everything goes well and we enjoy our time, we have always stayed off site. I am looking forward to trip and our time together.
DH and I are going for our 3rd time to SOG this Nov and we always have a great time there. It's a great hotel and I hope you all have a great time there too
Old 09-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #1539
cakburns
Earning My Ears

Hi,
What is the salute to the veteran's deal? We are staying there 4-13 October?

thanks
kb farms
Old 09-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #1540
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Just a note about viewing your bill from your TV, this July when we went we tried to find the channel on the TV to view your bill (we did this two years ago just fine), but this year we couldn't find it.

Now we did pay upfront (upon check-in) but we wanted to check our bill on the TV to make sure everything was okay and I was not able to find it. I'm not sure if it's still available or not.

However, awhile after we were home (a few weeks) we noticed a charge on our credit card from SOG that we shouldn't have been charged for, we called and talked to someone and got it straightened it out right way. The lady we spoke to said SOG had already caught the problem and was refunding our money, which was great to know they caught the problem before we did!

Either way, if we were able to view the bill on the TV we would have found the mistake on our bill before we left. It's okay though, because SOG has excellent costumer service and they were able to fix things so quickly that it wasn't a huge problem.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #1541
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakburns View Post
Hi,
What is the salute to the veteran's deal? We are staying there 4-13 October?

thanks
kb farms
This is a program for those who served, but do not qualify to stay at SOG based on the regular rules. With proper form (DD-214), you can stay during the months of Sept and Jan.

http://www.shadesofgreenvets.org/eligibility.htm
Old 09-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #1542
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
Just a note about viewing your bill from your TV, this July when we went we tried to find the channel on the TV to view your bill (we did this two years ago just fine), but this year we couldn't find it.

Now we did pay upfront (upon check-in) but we wanted to check our bill on the TV to make sure everything was okay and I was not able to find it. I'm not sure if it's still available or not.

However, awhile after we were home (a few weeks) we noticed a charge on our credit card from SOG that we shouldn't have been charged for, we called and talked to someone and got it straightened it out right way. The lady we spoke to said SOG had already caught the problem and was refunding our money, which was great to know they caught the problem before we did!

Either way, if we were able to view the bill on the TV we would have found the mistake on our bill before we left. It's okay though, because SOG has excellent costumer service and they were able to fix things so quickly that it wasn't a huge problem.
Thanks for the heads up. When it is something good, I don't like to think they will change it. I may e-mail and ask about it.

Did they at least stick a bill under your door the morning of check out? I try never to be in a big enough hurry not to read over every item before leaving. Back in the "good old days" when we had to pay for the fridge, we were double charged for the entire stay. Got that cleared up quickly.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #1543
Mickrzy
Mickey Krazy

Staying at Shades 9th thur 17th October and it is just DH and I, any suggestions on what to do, this is our first time at Shades and staying onsite. We have always stayed offsite, but kids are grown and have their own families so this time just the two of us.
Thanks
Kathy

1960 to 1975 Disneyland every summer, 1972 WDW-CH free trip, 1998 WDW-Easter offsite Condo, 1999 WDW-May 20th Anniversary offsite House, 2003 WDW-November offsite Condo, 2004 WDW-May offsite Condo,2005 WDW-June offsite Hotel, 2006 WDW-Dec 16-23 offsite Condo, 2007 WDW-Nov 26-Dec 3 offsite Condo,2008 WDW-Shades with DH home for R & R from Iraq, 2009 WDW Reunion trip-Dec 2-9-off site
We now live in Davenport, FL right
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...554yxd0fzo.png
Old 09-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #1544
speaksfam
Lovin' the mouse

SoG is a great resort and a fab deal for those that are eligible. The resort is quiet and has a great transportation system. The Polynesian is about a 10 minute walk up the sidewalk so consider making plans for dinner there or even catching the monorail when going to the parks. Have a great time- will be there in Jan. We have been several times and keep coming back ;D

Me , DH , DS (14), DS (9)
Old 09-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #1545
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickrzy View Post
Staying at Shades 9th thur 17th October and it is just DH and I, any suggestions on what to do, this is our first time at Shades and staying onsite. We have always stayed offsite, but kids are grown and have their own families so this time just the two of us.
Thanks
Kathy
Our nightly ritual is to go to Evergreen's and have a few drinks and some of their excellent Teriyaki wings and their sublime Key lime pie. If you are golfers I understand that SoG guests get deals on greens fees at the adjacent courses.

off site,I suggest a show at Cirq or House of Blues. a NICE dinner, either an V&A or one of the DTD restaurants. Resort Hopping..just take a day and visit all the resorts, even if it is just the ones along the monorail.

and of course.. visit the parks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: