Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #1516
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land View Post
Anyone know if SOG will allow a late check out? Do they have a policy? Does it just depend what their day looks like or are they pretty strict with the 11 am check out? We're trying to plan our schedule, and if we could just get an extra hour or two, that'd help out a lot!

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfriend View Post
I asked the front desk about this, and they said you have to call and request a late check out. You should call early in the morning on the day of check-out. Even if they grant the late check out, it is until noon at the latest.
I had to check our old receipt. We requested to stay until about 3 p.m., and they charged us a half day which was OK. Not sure when I requested it, probably when I checked in since we had our return info at that point. Did not when we made our reservation. They were very accomodating, but it was also a quieter time of year - spring break was just starting to ramp up - and the military aren't big spring-breakers !

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
Old 09-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #1517
buzzmom3
DIS Veteran

It looks like SOG is completely booked during our week Nov 7th-15th. I have never been there when it's packed! Is it still a quiet resort when it's full?
Our DD Paige

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #1518
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmom3 View Post
Is it still a quiet resort when it's full?
Yup, we've been there quite a few times when it's full and it's still quiet.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #1519
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

Has anybody done laundry at SoG recently? Could you please tell me the price of doing a load of wash and a load in the dryer?

I did laundry quite a bit two years ago, and really loved the large laundry rooms at SoG . . . but I just can't remember the cost. I'm trying to figure out how many rolls of quarters to bring on our next trip.

Thanks!

Disneyland - 15+ times since childhood
WDW - Poly/AKL 2001; SoG 2006; SoG/AKL 2008; Poly/AKV 2010; AKV/BLT 2012
Aulani - Dec 2011 and April 2012

And new DVC owner!

Old 09-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #1520
buzzmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
Yup, we've been there quite a few times when it's full and it's still quiet.
Great! Thanks! I am so excited about going back b/c it is such a special resort. This is my DH 1st time staying at SOG and I want him to love it as much as I do.
Our DD Paige

Old 09-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #1521
GJM
DIS Veteran

If the website is saying they are booked - still call. I have had that happen where the website will say nothing is avialable, but when I called there were rooms available. Or I have waited until less then 30 days before and they have had cancellations.

We will be there next week - hoping for nice weather!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #1522
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
If the website is saying they are booked - still call. I have had that happen where the website will say nothing is avialable, but when I called there were rooms available. Or I have waited until less then 30 days before and they have had cancellations.

We will be there next week - hoping for nice weather!
we actually asked them about that - they dont book the last few rooms online, since it takes a while to get through there system, so they just want to make sure there is no double- or over-booking... definitely call if they say they are booked

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:07 AM   #1523
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalSnowWhite View Post
I know someone posted about getting cheaper tickets at the MWR. Were they a lot cheaper than the SoG tickets (just the base tickets, not S&S)? Our MWR is $.50 cheaper. I think we may have to pay an extra fee because Florida tickets are special ordered, so I guess it may be inour best interest to buy at SoG.
2 weeks ago we bought both WDW and Universal tickets from the Ft Eustis (Newport News, Va) location.

WDW 10 day standard hopper pass (no water parks)
SOG- $282.00
Ft. E-$270.50

Universal 2 park unlimited pass
SOG-----$99
Ft. E-----$78

(If you are willing to pay $108.50 and purchase the ticket through Universal, you can get those tickets with FREE water park.)

You don't have to live near Ft.Eustis to get tickets from them. They deliver for a flat fee of $15 for your total purchase.

We have 5 in our group. On the Universal tickets we saved $105. On the WDW tickets we saved $57.50.

We saved a total of $162.50 by getting our tickets through Ft.Eustis. Since my parents (retired military) picked them up, we did not have to pay the $15 shipping fee, but even if we had to pay the shipping fee, we would have saved alot.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #1524
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
2 weeks ago we bought both WDW and Universal tickets from the Ft Eustis (Newport News, Va) location.

WDW 10 day standard hopper pass (no water parks)
SOG- $282.00
Ft. E-$270.50

Universal 2 park unlimited pass
SOG-----$99
Ft. E-----$78

(If you are willing to pay $108.50 and purchase the ticket through Universal, you can get those tickets with FREE water park.)

You don't have to live near Ft.Eustis to get tickets from them. They deliver for a flat fee of $15 for your total purchase.

We have 5 in our group. On the Universal tickets we saved $105. On the WDW tickets we saved $57.50.

We saved a total of $162.50 by getting our tickets through Ft.Eustis. Since my parents (retired military) picked them up, we did not have to pay the $15 shipping fee, but even if we had to pay the shipping fee, we would have saved alot.
That's really interesting. What a deal! Thanks for posting.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 09-04-2008, 06:04 AM   #1525
Sleepy
I'll have to remember that one
Maybe I should start watching the news

Quote:
I did laundry quite a bit two years ago, and really loved the large laundry rooms at SoG . . . but I just can't remember the cost. I'm trying to figure out how many rolls of quarters to bring on our next trip.

Thanks!
They do have a change maker machine in the laundry rooms. Why not just use that?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #1526
honey11dog
Live in Florida, but my heart and home is with LSU!!

Quote:
Has anybody done laundry at SoG recently? Could you please tell me the price of doing a load of wash and a load in the dryer?

Thanks!
It is $1 for the washer and .75 for the dryer. I used it several times during our trip.
2000 off site - 1st trip for son
6/04, 6/06, 6/08, 9/08 1/09, 3/09- Shades of Green
6/09 - Fort Wilderness, 7/09 Poly, 9/09 Bay Lake, 11/09 All Star, 6/10 Beach Club
3/2011 First Disney Cruise!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #1527
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey11dog View Post
It is $1 for the washer and .75 for the dryer. I used it several times during our trip.
Thanks for the info. Wow, that seems comparatively cheap!

Using the change machine would probably work, though I hate to count on them being full since I tend to do my laundry at very odd hours.

Disneyland - 15+ times since childhood
WDW - Poly/AKL 2001; SoG 2006; SoG/AKL 2008; Poly/AKV 2010; AKV/BLT 2012
Aulani - Dec 2011 and April 2012

And new DVC owner!

Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #1528
Bumpy Grumpy
Mouseketeer

Paying for Room

We have two rooms reserved for the beginning of Nov at SoG. The deposit has been sent and we have confirmation numbers. When do we have to pay the balance for the rooms?

I called reservations and was told the balance is paid when we check in. I am a little nervous about that since everytime we stayed at a disney resort we had to pay the total due about a month before we checked in.

Bottom line do we pay the balance when we check in?

Arlene
Old 09-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #1529
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy Grumpy View Post
Bottom line do we pay the balance when we check in?
Yup - well actually when you check out
Old 09-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #1530
KatRob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
Yup - well actually when you check out
The morning you check out you can pull up your bill on your TV and see each day's charges. If you agree with the charges, you can hit a button and pay the bill with the card you used at check-in. Anything disputed, go to the front desk. It just keeps you from having to stand in a line before you leave.

Sometimes we never even see the lobby on our last day...hit the parking garage and head home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: