DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #31
Cheryl N. WI
DIS Veteran

WOW great pictures from the DVC resorts Thanks for taking the time to post them all!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #32
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroganMc View Post
I must really be a purist but when I went touring last year (didn't have enough time to do the resorts this year) I just wasn't that impressed with WL/VWL. I saw AKL first so saw WL as just a replica. Nice, just not the eye-popping extravaganza posts here tend to claim.

BWV and BCV were more impressive to me. All that red, white and blue Americana style.

SSR's decorations were very classy this year. Just enough to be Christmassy without being overwhelming. Wish I'd had time to pop over to OKW. Those Key West colors looked very interesting. Never saw that before.
BroganMC, that's funny, because we felt both the WL and the AKL were just mimicing the Grand Californian. We have stayed at the GC at Christmas a few times, but this was our first trip to WDW at Christmas, so I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

I loved the BWV lobby and agree it was one of the more impressive ones. The OKW decorations look a bit cartoony in my shots, but they look more subdued in person.
I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]
La2kw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #33
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
The VWL tree that I saw this Xmas is below. Personally, I feel that it looks quite nice. It is certainly not the spectacular one within WL, but the atrium at VWL is not nearly as big as the lobby at WL.

WildernessDad, I think the VWL tree looks much better in your picture. I wish I had seen it as it was intended to look. I agree that the tree is the right size for that particular lobby. Unfortunately, a whole lot of people saw it looking the way I did, which is pretty sloppy, IMO. No offense, I like the VWL, and was just surprised by it.
I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]
Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #34
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroganMc View Post
I must really be a purist but when I went touring last year (didn't have enough time to do the resorts this year) I just wasn't that impressed with WL/VWL. I saw AKL first so saw WL as just a replica. Nice, just not the eye-popping extravaganza posts here tend to claim.

BWV and BCV were more impressive to me. All that red, white and blue Americana style.

SSR's decorations were very classy this year. Just enough to be Christmassy without being overwhelming. Wish I'd had time to pop over to OKW. Those Key West colors looked very interesting. Never saw that before.
Brogan--the 2006 decorations were widely considered to be sub-par throughout WDW. I did not see WL last year, but even the podcast last year commented that WL was not its usual splendor. And the parks were really underdone last year, though they seem to have received the feedback loud and clear as this year they did a MUCH better job!

3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #35
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

What a great thread! I loved the pictures of the different resorts. Now I'm trying to talk my DH into going to BWV for Christmas next year
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #36
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

I love your pictures!

I was there in early December, and sadly, I lost more than half my photos through some technological quirk. Anyway, its nice to see your photos! I may have to print some of them and add them to my photo album.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #37
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by La2kw View Post
WildernessDad, I think the VWL tree looks much better in your picture. I wish I had seen it as it was intended to look. I agree that the tree is the right size for that particular lobby. Unfortunately, a whole lot of people saw it looking the way I did, which is pretty sloppy, IMO. No offense, I like the VWL, and was just surprised by it.
If people noticed a problem, then they should have notified the staff so that it could be fixed. I took that picture late in our stay. We departed on the 21st, so it may have not been depleted of lights for long.

wildernessDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #38
Disney_Mama
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures..... Thanks for taking the time to share them.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #39
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
If people noticed a problem, then they should have notified the staff so that it could be fixed. I took that picture late in our stay. We departed on the 21st, so it may have not been depleted of lights for long.
You seem a bit offended by my observation, which is not what I inteded. I would have pointed out a blunder like that tree at any of the resorts. I love my DVC and I expect DVC to live up to what they told me it would be when I purchased. If people don't complain when DVC gets sloppy, then DVC thinks that nobody cares.

I took my pic on the 21st and someone else on this thread pointed out the lights were still out when they checked in on the 23rd. Evidently it was fixed either the 23rd or 24th. Three to four days is pretty long for something so obviously wrong, IMO. We don't know whether or not anyone did complain about it, but Disney should have noticed before a guest had a chance to complain. We saw at least 4 or 5 different cm's walk past that tree when we were there.

I won't even mention those plastic potted poinsettias on the fireplace and the lack of "vision" that those displayed.

[/url]
Old 01-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #40
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I enjoyed sharing them with you. I also have pics of the other deluxe resorts, but I wasn't sure whether or not to put them on this thread.

[/url]
Old 01-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #41
Maribell
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing!

Wow! What great pictures! Thanks for sharing! I am suffering from the Post disney trip blues right now and your pictures make me feel like I am right back there! Thanks again!

Maribell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #42
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You seem a bit offended by my observation, which is not what I inteded. I would have pointed out a blunder like that tree at any of the resorts. I love my DVC and I expect DVC to live up to what they told me it would be when I purchased. If people don't complain when DVC gets sloppy, then DVC thinks that nobody cares.
I am not offended at all.

I had a problem with my room; the tv in the Master bedroom was acting goofy. I called maintenance and informed them about the problem. I didn't complain nor was I mad. We came back after going to the MK and the problem was fixed. We own the place, so to speak. It's okay to inform them of problems.

wildernessDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:12 AM   #43
disneymom8589
I am his Disney

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I enjoyed sharing them with you. I also have pics of the other deluxe resorts, but I wasn't sure whether or not to put them on this thread.
I would love to see them! If I can't see them in person, this is the next best thing! I like your close-ups of the trees.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #44
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom8589 View Post
I would love to see them! If I can't see them in person, this is the next best thing! I like your close-ups of the trees.
Me too I'd like to see the other delux resorts!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #45
manntra
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your great pictures! I have my first trip home in August 2008, then I want to plan a Christmas stay for 2009!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: