DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #16
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

AKV continued...

I have never noticed this room off the lobby before.

View of Kidani Village construction out the window.

From the balcony outside this room.

Nice tree inside Jiko.
I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]

Last edited by La2kw; 01-04-2008 at 11:43 PM.
La2kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #17
Sammie
DIS Veteran

If the offsite location you stayed at is near the other attractions you mentioned, Dixie Stampede etc. I would never use the interstate to get there. It is much quicker to use the local roads.

Great photos.

I agree about that fireplace at the Villas of WL. But then it does not surprise me at all, that is just another reflection of Disney versus DVC and they are not the same. Right now DVC's focus is sales and expansion not the current membership or resorts. That is just down right tacky.

Last edited by Sammie; 01-04-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #18
dbprimeaux
DIS Veteran

Smile Thanks!!!

The pictures were awesome! Thanks for taking the time to post them
Old 01-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #19
Chloe'sMom
I'm wonderful in my imperfection!

Your pictures are amazing. Especially Old Key West. We own at BWV but I have a desire to stay at OKW - it is just hard to give up the convenience of being able to walk to the studios and Epcot.

~Amanda
Chloe'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #20
epicureangirl
Mouseketeer

Thanks a million!

Your photos are great, and it makes me so much more excited to be going to WDW next December. Now I see what all the fuss is over the decorations -- they're spectacular!

Beach Club Villas DVC Owner, Starwood Vacation Club Owner and Castaway Club Member
2011: Vegas, Disney Alaska Cruise, London, Paris, Prague, Tallinn, Helsinki, Reykjavik
2012: Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Disney's Bay Lake Tower, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Westin Princeville Ocean
epicureangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #21
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

WOW! Thanks for all of those photos!

3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #22
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
If the offsite location you stayed at is near the other attractions you mentioned, Dixie Stampede etc. I would never use the interstate to get there. It is much quicker to use the local roads.

Great photos.

I agree about that fireplace at the Villas of WL. But then it does not surprise me at all, that is just another reflection of Disney versus DVC and they are not the same. Right now DVC's focus is sales and expansion not the current membership or resorts. That is just down right tacky.
Sammie, thanks for the comments. We did use the local roads, and they were ridiculous. I mentioned the freeway offramps because we went up to the Mall of Millenia and in order to avoid the mess at Vineland we had to go up International Drive all the way up to the Convention Center. The traffic on Vineland was just insane at most times.

I think you're right about DVC's priorities.
I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]
Old 01-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #23
Parkhopper13
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for the pictures!!!

You put me in the Christmas spirit all over again!!

Parkhopper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #24
disneymom8589
I am his Disney

Fabulous pictures!! That is my dream vacation...to see all the resorts at Christmas! I love the beach theme of the BC tree. It would look great in our family room!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:22 PM   #25
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Wow. Great Christmas pictures! Thank you for taking the time to post them all.

You might want to change your comment in post 16 to AKV (not VWL).

Also, just to let you know that we were a little taken aback at the lights out on the VWL lobby tree. We checked in on 12/23 and I think that by 12/24 they were all fixed. It was either the evening of 12/23 or the next day.

Also, this may seem silly, but I must say as a VWL owner, I consider the tree in the lobby of WL our 'living room' tree and the one at the villas is my additional tree in the 'family room'! I was always grateful for the extra tree that we got!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #26
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Wow. Great Christmas pictures! Thank you for taking the time to post them all.

You might want to change your comment in post 16 to AKV (not VWL).

Also, just to let you know that we were a little taken aback at the lights out on the VWL lobby tree. We checked in on 12/23 and I think that by 12/24 they were all fixed. It was either the evening of 12/23 or the next day.

Also, this may seem silly, but I must say as a VWL owner, I consider the tree in the lobby of WL our 'living room' tree and the one at the villas is my additional tree in the 'family room'! I was always grateful for the extra tree that we got!
Muushka, thanks for the correction!

I'm glad the lights on the tree were fixed. We were there on the 21st, so it did take them a while to fix it, which is too bad.

[/url]
Old 01-04-2008, 11:49 PM   #27
BroganMc
It's not the age, it's the mileage

I must really be a purist but when I went touring last year (didn't have enough time to do the resorts this year) I just wasn't that impressed with WL/VWL. I saw AKL first so saw WL as just a replica. Nice, just not the eye-popping extravaganza posts here tend to claim.

BWV and BCV were more impressive to me. All that red, white and blue Americana style.

SSR's decorations were very classy this year. Just enough to be Christmassy without being overwhelming. Wish I'd had time to pop over to OKW. Those Key West colors looked very interesting. Never saw that before.
BroganMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #28
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Great pics, and thanx for sharing!

Now, in defense of VWL...
Comparing VWL to the BWV lobby, or the BC lobby, is not comparing apples to apples.
The VWL lobby looked right on par, if not better than the BCV lobby IMO.
If you are going to compare the fancier decorations in BC or BWV (share lobby with BWI), than they should be compared to the WL main lobby. Same can be said for OKW since they don't have a separate DVC section.

That's kind of a tongue twister...
Now, off my soap box..

Thanx again for the great pics!

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #29
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

The VWL tree that I saw this Xmas is below. Personally, I feel that it looks quite nice. It is certainly not the spectacular one within WL, but the atrium at VWL is not nearly as big as the lobby at WL.

wildernessDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:40 AM   #30
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

La2kw, it still says AKL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroganMc View Post
I must really be a purist but when I went touring last year (didn't have enough time to do the resorts this year) I just wasn't that impressed with WL/VWL. I saw AKL first so saw WL as just a replica. Nice, just not the eye-popping extravaganza posts here tend to claim.

BWV and BCV were more impressive to me. All that red, white and blue Americana style.

SSR's decorations were very classy this year. Just enough to be Christmassy without being overwhelming. Wish I'd had time to pop over to OKW. Those Key West colors looked very interesting. Never saw that before.
I guess I am also a purist, but just a purist in the sense that the tree at WL existed many year before the tree at AKL, and therefore is the true, original, eyepopping tree!!!

OK, I don't know why I am even on this thread!!! Buh bye

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: