Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

**Mommy and Ayden do Disney**take two**

Cast: Mommy, DS Ayden (4), my BF Chris
This is us last year in front of IASW

Taking our second trip to DL 3/2-3/8 and staying at HOJO's Anaheim Plaza. HUGE thanks to DangerMouse and Lorealle for helping us decide on our room.
We were able to use the Entertainment rate so we scored on a room at $59/night. Really looking forward to staying there after reading all the great reviews.

This is going to be a surprise trip for my son. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to pull it off but I'm giving it my best. I think I might tell him a few days before, maybe a week just so he can still participate in part of the planning.
If anyone has any good ideas on how to pull off the surprise I'm all ears.

So we have a rough schedule to go by so far....

Arrive Sunday by 9am. Check in at our hotel and have them hold our luggage IF our room isn't ready since check in is not till 3pm.
Head over to the park for lunch.
We decided to do 6 days so we could do both the Electrical light parade AND the fireworks. First I was thinking ELP on Sunday...but now I'm thinking maybe we should do fireworks since they could be cancelled friday due to winds (you never know) and I'd hate to miss out on them. We'll see, we're still up in the air about that.

Monday we're having breakfast with Minnie and Friends @ the Plaza. VERY excited about this!!!

Tuesday EE day....figuring we should try for Nemo first then on Thurs 2nd EE day head for FL??
Tuesday lunch we'll be eating at the Carnation Cafe. My son will love the Peanut Butter pallette.
Wednesday we're having lunch at the Blue Bayou. I think maybe we should try splitting lunches so we'll have room for dessert this time.
Thursday is our second EE day....so hit FL first PP, then Dumbo!!

So this is the start to my 2nd official trip report. I'll be updating all our planning, more less so I can keep track of all the many thoughts running through my head.
I just dream for many many signs to be like this one!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
kellymom
we get that cup spinning pretty good

Not tooooo excited are you? Remember when we were doing this for Hawaii about 7 years ago. How times have changed for us both, we have moved from Paradise to Magical and I LOVE it. I suppose it would be early for me to start my pre-trip report so I will live through you again for a couple months, lol.
kellymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
MommyWithDreams

heheh Early?? Never too early. I figured if I didn't find someplace to sort all my Disney chaos I'd lose it all. One year though we need to plan this at the same time! And I'm all for DIsney OR Hawaii again!
Old 01-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
disneyfanatic4
Mouseketeer

It is never too early to be excited about a trip to Disneyland.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
DorkyDisneyMom
I will have to look tomorrow to see if my neighbors posted about me
I just don't like to do it by myself

Your son's face is so great in the Buzz picture, it says it all.

Also just wanted to gently remind you about Hydorguy's fireworks rule. If you can't miss them, then do them first. We would have missed the parade had I not followed this rule.

Congrats on the trip and good luck keeping the suprise.
DorkyDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #6
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyDisneyMom View Post
Your son's face is so great in the Buzz picture, it says it all.

Also just wanted to gently remind you about Hydorguy's fireworks rule. If you can't miss them, then do them first. We would have missed the parade had I not followed this rule.

Congrats on the trip and good luck keeping the suprise.
I agree, if it weren't for Hydroguy's tips I probably would have missed out on a lot of things.
Thank you for the nice comment about the Buzz picture, that picture really just sums up the excitement he had the whole trip. That was taken our last day and BOY was he happy he finally got to meet Buzz.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
MommyWithDreams

51 Days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided on how I'm going to tell Ayden the week before we go. I have someone sending a Minnie Mouse postcard inviting him to breakfast with her and her friends. I also got him a new Disney suitcase for him to take as his carry on for the flight. We'll make another chain countdown like last year (HE LOVED THIS). This way he can have the excitement leading up to the trip as well. Honestly though we're talking openly about it...but just using the term the next time we go to Disneyland. Little does he know it's in less than two months!

My ex sister in law and her family will be going now the same week we are so that will be fun. Ayden will love being able to go on rides with his cousin.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
MirandaPen
If Cinderella had a hairstylist, I'd be it.

Question Why not ELP and Fireworks at the same night?

Have you considered watching ELP and then head directly over to watch the fireworks? I always do this. In theory you could also catch Fantasmic as well, but that is one heck of a long night.
1980 DL, 1985 DL, 1990 DL, 1997 DL Honeymoon (BV Embassy), 2004 DL (DL Hotel), 2005 DL (Sheraton), 2006 DL (DL Hotel), Nov 2006 DL (GC Hotel), June 2007 (HoJo), October 2007 10 year Wedding anniversary (HoJo), Currently planning for our 1st time to WDW (WISH ME LUCK)

MirandaPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #9
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirandaPen View Post
Have you considered watching ELP and then head directly over to watch the fireworks? I always do this. In theory you could also catch Fantasmic as well, but that is one heck of a long night.

I would love to know what your trick is to do both. I've read some great tips but just curious what you do as well to make this work. I'm just afraid if we don't catch the fireworks on Sunday night...there's a good chance they might be cancelled due to winds come Friday night. Either way....we'll definitely be doing fantasmic on Friday night and need to make that mad rush over from DCA if we do ELP on Friday night. ANY and all advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #10
MommyWithDreams

27 days and counting!!!!!!
Right now I just pray for good weather, good health and ok the dream team to cross our path at least once. I'm getting REALLY excited about our trip and even more excited to tell Ayden that we're really going. Can you believe I still haven't told him yet?
I will tell him about a week before......if I can hold out that long.
SO Chris bought me the Hidden Mickey book last week...I haven't been able to put it down since. The stuff in there is just amazing. I definitely have some Mickey's I'll be on the hunt for.
Right now though......I think I'm most excited to go on Pirates again. There's just something about that ride for Ayden and Chris and I. I just love it.....and I love them!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #11
Suzanna1973
I want to live at Disney World

Your ticker is counting down! Can't wait to see his reaction when he gets the postcard!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #12
MommyWithDreams

SO THE FINAL REVEAL...........
I told Ayden on Saturday about the trip. He opened up a package that had a new Mickey suitcase in it....along with some new shirts, his postcard from Minnie Mouse, Disney Dollars and a countdown chain. I knew the countdown chain would definitely give it away. He was very happy!!!!
Here are some pictures.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #13
kingshockey04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
SO THE FINAL REVEAL...........
I told Ayden on Saturday about the trip. He opened up a package that had a new Mickey suitcase in it....along with some new shirts, his postcard from Minnie Mouse, Disney Dollars and a countdown chain. I knew the countdown chain would definitely give it away. He was very happy!!!!
Here are some pictures.

He looks so excited! I tried to keep my trip a secret but couldn't keep the secret, so I told them the day after I booked my trip.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #14
kellymom
we get that cup spinning pretty good

Great pictures Nellie! But it does appear that mom looks a little more excited than son Chris too! You guys are going to have a blast and I am so excited for you. Send Kel a postcard and she will send one back! 2 more weeks, woohooooo!!!!
kellymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #15
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymom View Post
Great pictures Nellie! But it does appear that mom looks a little more excited than son Chris too! You guys are going to have a blast and I am so excited for you. Send Kel a postcard and she will send one back! 2 more weeks, woohooooo!!!!
LOL yea you're probably right!!!! Although he says he's excited to do Splash Mountain this time so we shall see! Email me your address again and I'll be sure to send Kelly a postcard! Two weeks and counting!!!!
My sister called today...they are going the first week of April.....it just won't be the same without them there this time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: