Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #91
meme51
I LOVE PIGLET!

Love your thread so far!!! I'm just trying to figure out where the "secret walkway" is at Magic Kingdom??

2008 DEC Wilderness Lodge
2007 OCT All Star Sports
2007 MAY Saratoga Springs
2007 MAR All Star Sports
...and many times as a child
Old 03-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #92
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Can't wait to hear about Kona for dinner. It's the one ADR we couldn't fit into our schedule. We WILL be there, however, for some Tonga Toast action in the a.m.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #93
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme51 View Post
I'm just trying to figure out where the "secret walkway" is at Magic Kingdom??
I'm thinking it's the one over by Toontown and Tomorrowland. It goes right along the path of the train. There's hardly ever anyone around there so it's a nice quiet spot and a good shortcut!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #94
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hey girl! I love all the WL Christmas decorations! And those lil' duckies are SO cute!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #95
Crisgw
YES WE CAN and YES WE DID!!!

Great pics!!! I love reading the Trip log!
DS -1/2005
DS -5/2010

Old 04-07-2008, 12:06 AM   #96
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
What a relaxing wonderful day! I can't wait to stay at the Wilderness Lodge!
It was SO relaxing. And you will LOVE WL, you'll have to post a TR! I'm jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEeyore View Post
Great update! I love the pictures..Those baby ducks are SOOOO cute!!!

Can't wait to hear more
Thanks for reading!!! The babies were the cutest thing ever, I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
You took lots of great shots there at WL. Those baby ducks are irresistible! How cute! That's a bummer about the sleigh ride, but I can't wait to hear about your dinner at Kona. We haven't ever been there and I heard so many good reviews about it that we put it on the schedule for our next trip.
Yea it sucked we didn't get to do the carriage ride but it's something new to do on a later trip. And Kona was great, you should try to go if you can! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme51 View Post
Love your thread so far!!! I'm just trying to figure out where the "secret walkway" is at Magic Kingdom??
In Tommorowland, past the arcade next to Space Mountain. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Can't wait to hear about Kona for dinner. It's the one ADR we couldn't fit into our schedule. We WILL be there, however, for some Tonga Toast action in the a.m.
mmmm, I want to try to go for breakfast one day. Dinner was awesome, we're planning on going our next trip again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm thinking it's the one over by Toontown and Tomorrowland. It goes right along the path of the train. There's hardly ever anyone around there so it's a nice quiet spot and a good shortcut!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hey girl! I love all the WL Christmas decorations! And those lil' duckies are SO cute!
Right-o. Love that walkway. It's so nice getting out of the crowds for a few minutes.

LOVE the WL. I WISH we were staying there again this December, but we can't. It's home now. Thanks for reading girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisgw View Post
Great pics!!! I love reading the Trip log!
Glad youre here, thanks for reading along!!!

Hey guys, glad everyone is still reading with me!!! I am PLANNING on getting the next update up in the next day or so. I am FINALLY on Spring Break this week, whooooooooohooooooooooo!

It's Masters Week here in Augusta, any golf fans might know what that is. Basically its when our lovely city is overrun with tourists, media, golfers, celebrities, etc etc etc. It's nuts. Most people leave town, but, DH has to work so I just get a week off interning and school to RELAX. We live right off the main street through town though, right down the street from the golf course actually, so it's going to be NUTS. Tonight we went out for a littleb it and the traffic is crazy, there are vendors set up EVERYWHERE, scalpers, etc. crazy. anyway. So I'm planning on relaxing this week and hopefully getting more trip report done! yay!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #97
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Not an actual update, but I have awesome news (for me anyway!) I found out about free dining in September today w/the Disney Visa, so I called to find out just about how much it would be and holy crap I WANT TO GO!!! So I called DH at work, and he is excited too, we are going to talk about it tonight when he gets home. I might be able to pull this one off!!! It would just be a long weekend, August 29-Sept 1st, 3 nights over Labor Day weekend. But I dont care!!! It's Disney AND free dining!!! We'll see...I'm trying not to get my hopes up, b/c if it doesnt work I still have December (hopefully!) to look forward to! Just had to share with my fellow DISney lovers!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #98
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary12.8.07 View Post
Not an actual update, but I have awesome news (for me anyway!) I found out about free dining in September today w/the Disney Visa, so I called to find out just about how much it would be and holy crap I WANT TO GO!!! So I called DH at work, and he is excited too, we are going to talk about it tonight when he gets home. I might be able to pull this one off!!! It would just be a long weekend, August 29-Sept 1st, 3 nights over Labor Day weekend. But I dont care!!! It's Disney AND free dining!!! We'll see...I'm trying not to get my hopes up, b/c if it doesnt work I still have December (hopefully!) to look forward to! Just had to share with my fellow DISney lovers!!!!
Hope you get it! We weren't able to since we got a room discount.
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
Old 04-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #99
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Good luck! I'm missing free dining by one week.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 04-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #100
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I just found this TR and am loving it! We left WL just a few days before you arrived this Dec. and loved it. I noticed more honeymooners there than at any other resort we've stayed at. (although I was only about 10 when I stayed at GF, so I guess that one doesn't count) It seems like you all are having a great time so far! I'm glad you got to relax a bit! I LOVE your nighttimecastle shots!!! They came out beautifully! Hope you get your free dining! that sounds great!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #101
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEeyore View Post
Hope you get it! We weren't able to since we got a room discount.
Thanks for reading! We had a room discount on our name too but it obviously wasn't much, it came out TWICE as much than free dining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Good luck! I'm missing free dining by one week.
Thanks! Hey, at least you have a trip planned, Disney at all is better than nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
I just found this TR and am loving it! We left WL just a few days before you arrived this Dec. and loved it. I noticed more honeymooners there than at any other resort we've stayed at. (although I was only about 10 when I stayed at GF, so I guess that one doesn't count) It seems like you all are having a great time so far! I'm glad you got to relax a bit! I LOVE your nighttimecastle shots!!! They came out beautifully! Hope you get your free dining! that sounds great!!!
Thanks so much!!! OH didn't you just LOVE Wilderness Lodge!! It definitely has a place in my heart now, it's home. There WERE alot of honeymooners, we saw them everywhere. So cool. Thanks so much for reading!!

*UPDATE*
So, I don't think we are going to be able to make it in September. It was a pretty good price, but still more than we need to spend right now...it might mess up us being able to go back for our anniversary in December and I'd MUCH rather go for that. Why go for that weekend when we can go for a week in December?? We don't need tickets, and we would have to add them to get the free dining, so it really just didn't make sense.
I was kinda sad about it last night but I'm cool now. The thing is, we did the DDP for our honeymoon, and I'll talk about it more at the end of the TR, but we really didn't find it to be that great for us, and probably wouldn't do it again. So even though it's free, just doesnt make all that sense. I'd still LOVE to make a trip back before December, I've ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to go for MNNSHP, so maybe a quick trip in October or something. anyway, just wanted to add that...I'm working on the next installment now, so look for it soon!!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #102
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Friday, December 14th, Part 2

So when I left off we had just gotten to the Poly and were waiting for our pager to go off for Kona!! I was very excited, I love asian inspired food and I had been looking at menus before we left and Kona just sounded SO good to me. We walked around the gift shop upstairs at the Poly, I LOVE this resort, have I mentioned that yet? We are planning on staying here one day. I did a few years ago when my mom and I took my 2 cousins...we did a split stay at the POly/Boardwalk. I LOVED the Poly. Loved the layout of the rooms, the closeness to MK, the monorail, the atmosphere, EVERYTHING. Anyway. Our pager went off after maybe 10 minutes or so, yay!

We were seated kind of in the middle, at a table with a booth on one side and the chairs on the other...in that picture, our table was actually the one on the end with the booth on the side facing. I like getting four person tables because then we can sit next to each other. aww. So DH and I got to sit together on the booth side. There were 2 young couples at the table to our right, which was cool...but the tables in this area were SO close...it was just kind of awkward. I felt like we were all listening to each other's conversations, and they were watching us...which I'm sure they weren't, it was just weird? Anyway. Our waiter was awesome, wish I remembered his name. But he was so friendly and was asking us questions and all about where we were from and about our honeymoon and all. I really wanted a good tropical drink, and he reccomended a really good one, sadly I have NO idea what it was. SO good though.

He brought us the bread which was AMAZING. YUM, I could eat some of that right now!! It had the best butter with it...with macadamia nuts in it. YUMMO.

I decided to get the duck potstickers and DH got the sticky wings for appetizers.

They were both YUMMY. We split them...DH didn't like the wings as much, said the sauce was funny, so he had more of the potstickers. I loved them both, I could make a meal out of those!

For our meal, I had the Coconut Almond Chicken and DH had the Shrimp and Scallops. Now mine was ok, but not great. I only ate maybe 3 or 4 bites. I thought I'd LOVE it, as much as I love coconut and almonds, makes sense right? But it was just too sweet or something, just didn't like the taste. But it came with this awesome salad underneath, with a honey lime dressing and pieces of strawberries, pineaapple, nuts, so I ate most of that. Yum.

DH LOVES shrimp and scallops, and I tasted his and it was GREAT! But it had the wasabi cream sauce on it and he discovered he hates wasabi, so he didn't love that. Didn't stop him from eating it all though!

So even though I was a bit disappointed in the chicken, I couldnt complain, our appetizers were so good, I was already pretty full so I didn't care!!

I already KNEW I wanted the Banana Chocolate Creme Brulee, I LOVE LOVE anything banana, ESP with chocolate! And I figured DH would get the Kiauea Torte, chocolate lover that he is. And he did! Oh man, that creme brulee was SO SO good. Favorite desert of the week by far!!! I ate the WHOLE thing.

And of course DH loved his as well, it's CHOCOLATE! He still talks about it.

SO all in all, a WONDERFUL meal, no complaints. And we will defintely be going back there. I'll just get something other than the chicken!!

After we handed over our card and left Kona, we walked around some more at the Poly and I showed DH how beautiful it was. He loved it just as much as I do and said he can't wait to stay there one day. We walked out to the pool area, there were tons of kids swimming and having a blast. It's SO beautiful out there at night. I really wanted him to see the beach and how pretty it was though. Back when I stayed there w/my cousins and mom, we sat out on the beach one night watching the Electrical Water Parade, and this was just a few months after DH and I had started dating. He ended up calling me, and I sat on a chair and talked to him while watching the parade and then Wishes from across the water. IT was just so pretty, and I've always remembered that and told him about it. So I wanted him to see how awesome it was out there. So we walked down the beach a little, away from all the people hanging out, and found a chair to sit in together. The Water Parade was already over, but we could see it moving way out by the Contemporary. After a few minutes Wishes started at the MK. It was BEAUTIFUL of course. And I have no pictures...I left my camera in my bag and just enjoyed being there with DH and watching the fireworks. So SO cool. One of the best moments of the trip. Seeing a theme here? My favorite times were just sitting with DH and soaking in all the Disney atmosphere, enjoying being newleyweds in my FAVORITE place on earth. Priceless.

After the fireworks we sat for a little bit, just enjoying being there and talking. We still had 2 more days at Disney, and then our day in St. Augustine. Plus we had our life at home waiting...we never lived together before we got married so we were ecstatic to have our new life waiting at home, living in our beautiful apartment and starting our married lives together.

When we were ready to go we started talking about how to get back to WL. I LOVE the monorail, and we could ride it to the Contemporary and then boat back to WL, but I know how much DH loves riding the boats. So we decided to go get on a boat to the MK and then catch that boat back to WL. We walked over to the dock and only had to wait maybe 10 minutes for a boat. THere was hardly anyone going back and forth from the MK, I THINK it was extra magic hours and it was open late. Or maybe it was the Christmas party that night, I don't remember. We took a few pictures while we waited...

When we got to the MK there was already a boat there for the WL so we ran over and jumped on. We were back at the WL quickly. It's kinda fuzzy what we did this night when we got back...I THINK we went up and changed and put our swimsuits on and got our mug and went to the hot tub. But I'm not positive. I LOVED going in the hot tub at night, when the steam would rise from the water and you could see the Lodge all lit up, and listen to the sound of the boats coming across the water. Awesome. Eventually we headed back to our room to shower and get ready for bed. We had 2 days left and wanted to take advantage of every day!!!

Next up: Epcot day!!

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 10-20-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #103
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

i'm eating at Kona for my trip and I cant wait!! Do you know if they'll let you double up on shrimp instead of scallops? i dont like scallops, but loooove shrimp!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #104
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Awe, what a wonderful day. Now I need to try to get Kona in to my Honeymoon plan. Was it two credits or just one?
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Old 04-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #105
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

My mouth was watering over the Kona pics. Now we are definitely going there next time. The banana chocolate creme brulee would have done it for me too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: