Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #61
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Nive pics of the fireworks =) Very pretty!!
Old 02-25-2008, 09:44 AM   #62
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
Nive pics of the fireworks =) Very pretty!!

Thanks for reading!!! I'm going to have to go check out your TR, I see you are going on a disneymoon too!!!

GOSH I can't believe how long it's been since I updated! It's just been so insanely busy, with school and interning, and we've gone out of town a few times too, so time just keeps getting away from me!! I do have all of my pictures uploaded now so I'm planning on getting the next installment up this afternoon! I have to intern until school gets out but I will be home for the rest of the afternoon so that is the first thing I plan on doing when I get home!!! I hope everyone hasn't abandoned this TR since I'm taking so long!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #63
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Thursday December 13th

This was our only planned Animal Kingdom day, and it was the first time going for DH. When we went in May we only had 3 days and did not go to AK, so I was very excited to go to AK and it be new for him. We got up at a decent time and were there by 10 I'm sure. The park looked fairly empty so that was very exciting. AK is probably my least favorite, that or MGM...and I really don't enjoy it when it's really crowded, esp when it's hot, which it always seems to be there. We kinda took our time, looked at the decorations and watching all the characters that are always out front there.

I also saw something I had never seen before, the interactive palm tree...and I'm drawing a blank on his name...anyway, he was moving around in front of the gates, and I was surprised to see the guy with the mic so nearby.

I spotted him immediately, and was surprised the people he was talking to didn't catch on quicker. Anyway...that was cool, something I had never seen before. We went on through the gates, and through Discovery Island. We walked pretty slowly, DH was enjoying looking at all the animals, and I think that is one of the coolest things about AK, just taking in all of the surroundings.

When we got to the bridge, we stopped for a Photopass, and she did the fun one with me holding the baby Simba, BUT I can't find my Photopass cards, thus why I haven't posted any. I know I have them somewhere though.

Anyway...then we went straight to A Bug's Life, because it didn't have a line and I knew DH would love it, since he'd loved all the other 3D shows so far.

And of course he did...we got a kick out of all the screaming kids in there...that's kinda mean, but it always makes me laugh...you hear all these adults start screaming, which makes kids scream too. Anyway, we ended up getting really wet, which was strange. When you get squirted from the stinkbug, usually its just a sprinkling, but we must have been in a weird place or something because my hair was SOAKED. Odd. After that we headed towards the Safari b/c the park was getting fuller and I knew we'd have to wait awhile. The line said something like 20 minutes, so we were just going to wait, but when we went to get in line it was all the way to the back, and I know previously when I have been that far back it's a lot longer than 20 minutes, so we got a FastPass for about an hour later.

So then we had time to go to the Conservation Station, really I just wanted to ride the train, its fun. And I knew DH would enjoy that. When we got back there, before we walked in the doors we saw a crowd out front, and it was Push, the trashcan. Or whatever his name is there, I thought he was just at MK.

But he was moving around, and again, the guy w/him was so close, but the kids had no idea. ANOTHER new thing for me too!! I couldn't believe I had seen both the tree and the trashcan, things I had never seen or even heard of before! So cool. So we walked around inside and then I had to take DH out to see the goats before we left and got back on the train to go use our FP.

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 10-20-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #64
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

On the way back to the safari, we saw ANOTHER new thing to me, Devine!!! I was so excited, I had read about her on here and saw pictures, and while we were walking I saw a bunch of people crowded around, and then a Cast Member, so I knew it must be her!!! We watched for 10 minutes or so, it was SO cool. She wrapped herself around this tree and people walking by were so confused, b/c they didn't know what everyone was looking at. Very cool.

The Safari was fun as usual, our guide kinda sucked though...he was talking really fast and I don't know if he was trying to just sound cool or what, but he used a lot of slang?, or something, I don't know. But he was annoying and I just wanted him to stop talking. DH really enjoyed it though, he thought it was very non-Disney...all the real animals and open spaces I guess?? I took lots of pictures though...

Anyway, after that we ran over to The Festival of the Lion King, my FAVORITE thing at AK. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it, I will make a trip to AK just to see that. Pictures...

After the show we walked slowly back towards the front, deciding what to do next. We were both getting hungry, and knowing how much DH loves pizza, even though I don't, we decided to go to Pizzafari. It was pretty crowded as it was right around noon, so I went to find a table while DH ordered. He got pepperoni pizza of course, and I got the italian sandwich, or something like that...

Not bad, but not my favorite of the week. I think we called some of our family after we ate, and friends, and kinda relaxed for a little bit, trying to decide what else we wanted to do before we left. DH didn't really want to ride Everest alone, and I don't ride it, so that was out, and he just wasn't loving AK like I thought he would. It was really crowded though, and I think this was when all the screaming kids and rude people and crowds started getting to him. And I know it's not even the most crowded time of year, but he got kinda moody towards the end of the week and was sick of being run over, pushed in line, surrounding by screaming, etc. But hey, that's Disney. Anyway...we walked over to Dinoland, I didn't remember ever really going there before.

That was fun, we enjoyed looking at all the rides and just walking around, and we walked around in the store over there for awhile. Ended up using some snack credits, which we had tons of, on some candy and stuff for my 2 cousins for their Christmas presents. I think we bought a few other things, but I don't remember now. I ran to use the restroom real quick, and left DH with the camera...this is what happens..

After that we decided to go back to the hotel and just relax for awhile, before dinner at Narcoosees!!!!!! This was the meal I was looking forward to the most the whole week...I knew it was somewhere we wouldn't normally eat at w/out the dining plan, and is just something we wouldn't normally do. We headed out to the busses, I THINK we rode to the Contemporary and then took the boat to the WL. We rode the monorail/boat as much as possible, even if it meant taking longer. I don't really remember what we did after that...seems like we went swimming when we got back, but I can't remember. Might have taken a short nap. Anyway, we had a few hours until we needed to shower and get ready for dinner...

Next up-our big night out at the GF and Narcoosee's!

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 10-20-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #65
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Sounds like a fun day! I love days that give you a break in the middle!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Old 02-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #66
IATink
Mouseketeer

I agree that Festival of the Lion King is the best show at AK. Although we really enjoyed the new Finding Nemo show too.

Where did you find Devine? We have looked for her and have never been able to see her. My girls always look, but we must be looking in the wrong place or we get there to late in the day.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #67
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I Love Love Love the Festival of the Lion King too!

I do get disappointed when we don't end up with a good or fun driver on the safari. But, we can't have everything!

I'm really excited to see how dinner went!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #68
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Somehow I missed the fact that you went to another TR not continued on from the PTR! Anyways I'm here and looking fwd to more!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 02-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #69
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update and pics.

looking forward to hearing about Narcossess's (SP?) I am thinking of eating there next time.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #70
pixiedust1
Mouseketeer

I am really enjoying reading your TR!! It reminds me of mine and my DH's wonderful Disneymoon!!!! We spent our honeymoon at Disney in December 2006 @ the Wilderness Lodge! It was magical v and we can't wait to go back. Glad you enjoyed your Disneymoon and I wish you the best in your marriage!

I look forward to the rest.

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #71
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

I am so enjoying your trip report! I can "hear" the excitement in your voice! All the pictures are great!! Chuck and I are hoping for a just the two of us trip to Wilderness Lodge next December.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #72
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Love the TR so far, the WL is so awesome!! I'm pretty sure I saw you when I was there in Dec (i was there starting on the 12th) because even when i started your TR you seemed familiar!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #73
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
Sounds like a fun day! I love days that give you a break in the middle!
Thanks for reading! It was a fun day, my fave kind of Disney day too. I think I really learned on this trip how to truly enjoy Disney w/out wearing ourselves out. awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IATink View Post
I agree that Festival of the Lion King is the best show at AK. Although we really enjoyed the new Finding Nemo show too.

Where did you find Devine? We have looked for her and have never been able to see her. My girls always look, but we must be looking in the wrong place or we get there to late in the day.
We missed the Nemo show, but I knew if I had to choose bw the 2 I'd NEVER miss Lion King. But I really must see Nemo next time.

Devine was b/w where you walk from getting off the train back to the Safari, I THINK. I'm pretty sure that's where we were walking from...just a little pathway back there. Hope that helps! I've never seen her before either, so I don't know where she normally is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I Love Love Love the Festival of the Lion King too!

I do get disappointed when we don't end up with a good or fun driver on the safari. But, we can't have everything!

I'm really excited to see how dinner went!
LOVE the Lion King. LOVE it. I'd give anything to be there now.

Dinner was fantastic...that's all I'll say for now. But I should have the installment up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Somehow I missed the fact that you went to another TR not continued on from the PTR! Anyways I'm here and looking fwd to more!
Thanks for reading, glad you're here!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
great update and pics.

looking forward to hearing about Narcossess's (SP?) I am thinking of eating there next time.
thanks. Def. consider Narcoosee's, it was great. I"ll be writing about it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1 View Post
I am really enjoying reading your TR!! It reminds me of mine and my DH's wonderful Disneymoon!!!! We spent our honeymoon at Disney in December 2006 @ the Wilderness Lodge! It was magical v and we can't wait to go back. Glad you enjoyed your Disneymoon and I wish you the best in your marriage!

I look forward to the rest.
wow, how cool we did pretty much the same thing! I could'nt have asked for a better honeymoon! The time of year, the resort, everything was just perfect for us. December is just our favorite time of year, and the WL is just amazing, esp during that time. Very cool to share that with others!!! And thanks so much for the sweet comments!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nts4wdw View Post
I am so enjoying your trip report! I can "hear" the excitement in your voice! All the pictures are great!! Chuck and I are hoping for a just the two of us trip to Wilderness Lodge next December.
awww thanks!!!! You should DEF go!!!! I can't say enough about how much we loved it. I want to go back SOOOO bad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Love the TR so far, the WL is so awesome!! I'm pretty sure I saw you when I was there in Dec (i was there starting on the 12th) because even when i started your TR you seemed familiar!
neato!! I'll have to check out your TR and see. I do that too, try to see if people look familiar in their TRs! I do remember you from your past TR this summer...I'll have to check out your new one! Thanks for reading!!

Thanks so much everyone for reading!!! I need to finish uploading pictures and I should have the next installment up!!! It's a good one, I promise.

And I just have to share some exciting news too, w/all my fellow Disney freaks!!!! I have been DYING to go back...it's sad...its only been 3 months and I'm in serious withdrawal. I hate seeing the Disney commercials on tv, makes me wanna cry. I always give DH the pitiful puppy dog look, and BEG him to take me back!!!

We were trying really hard w/my parents to get into Ft. Wilderness for Thanksgiving, but its booked solid, we have tried and tried. Not giving up yet, but looks like its not gonna happen. BOOOO. But, my mom is thinking about going next May, and taking my cousins.

We took them in January of 2006, they're from Mississippi, and are now 11 and 8. They had never been before and LOVED it. My mom and I took them for a week, split stay at Boardwalk and the Poly. Everytime we see them they ask when we are going to go back. We wanted to wait a few years though, so now she's thinking next May after they (and I) get out of school. I'll be graduating w/my Masters. So it would be them, my parents, and DH and I, all in their camper at Ft. Wilderness. hurrah!!! (It's a BIG camper!)

AND, today I was just messing around on here, trying one more time to get in for Thanksgiving (no-go). And DH and I had talked about going somewhere in Dec. for our 1 year anniversary, to the mountains or something. It will actually be later, b/c my best friend is getting married on the 12th. Anyway, I started getting some prices, and for a week at Pop it would be VERY cheap. It would be hard, after staying at WL, but heck, as long as I get to be back in Disney I don't care!!! We still have 2-day tickets left, and have TALKED about annual passes, esp if we go back in May, it would be worth it. We'll see...I brought it up to DH tonight, he said that sounds good, we'll have to see though. I'm not working at all while I'm in school so money is tight. But we'll see!!! I stayed at Pop about 3 years ago w/a friend and her mom and it wasn't bad at all, just more cramped, and seriously, we're just spoiled by WL and having everything under 1 roof.

But I NEED a trip back!!! So stay tuned!!! And I'll try to have next installment up later tonight, or possibly later this week! Thanks again for reading!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #74
NStitches
Earning My Ears

Great trip report!

We had a Disneymoon in April 2007. I am always trying to talk my DH into going back to Disney. We have been married for almost two years and are talking about having children. It may be awhile before we go back. I want to go in Dec 2009!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #75
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

I love the show "It's tough to be a bug". We've never got soaked.. its funny how real everything is!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: