Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #31
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update and pics. i like the last boat pic of the characters.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #32
ericamcl
DIS Veteran

really enjoying your trippie! can't wait for an update.

congrats on your marriage!
May 1994 DH w/ family - Contemporary August 1994 Me w/ family - Off site June 2005 Me w/ family-Wilderness Lodge March 2008 w/ DH- POFQOctober 2008 w/ DH & my family - POR February 2010 w/ DH and Nieces-BLT September 2011 w/ DH- BLT MK VIEW! December 2012 - SSR/VWL split stay w/ DHSeptember 2013 BLT-Theme Park View w/ DH & my family
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #33
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisw127 View Post
Subscribing. Will read more but babies are up from their naps. You guys are so cute!
aw that's so sweet. Thanks for reading and joining in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhbdm View Post
I am so staying at WL next time I go. It sounds beautiful. DH and I did go over there to get pics in the lobby but I want to stay there. DH and I thought about staying there for our honeymoon but then we decided that the resort looks too much like winter and we left a foot of snow so we decided to stay at CR. Good installment.
yay I'm glad you are liking the WL pics. It was beautiful, I couldn't be happier that we decided to stay there. Even seeing how beautiful other resorts were, like the Grand Floridian and Polynesian, the WL was just so our style, and I loved the winter feel because we live in Georgia and don't get much of a winter!
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
Your pictures came out great. Reading your trip report makes me feel just like I'm there too. We love WL and I totally can relate to those nice and quiet times you have at Disney...its nice to stop and be able to catch your breath and just take everything in. Sounds like it was the perfect ending to a perfect day!
Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it, I'm trying to be very detailed, I like TRs that are that way too.
And yes, the very best moments were when we were just relaxing and taking it all in, which is something I've never really done before! I now know how to do Disney in a diffferent way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
great update and pics. i like the last boat pic of the characters.
Thanks! Yeah I love that part of Fantasmic too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericamcl View Post
really enjoying your trippie! can't wait for an update.

congrats on your marriage!
aw thanks so much!!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #34
Philadisney
In the Name of Epcot
Sometimes when I shower, I have to stare at the drain just in case a spooky clown starts climbing up it
Carries the chicken in style

just found your thread and read all of it so far. i love all the pictures - it seems like you had a wonderful wedding & honeymoon!
Nov '09: SS Aug '08: WL/BC May '06: POFQ March '05: CSR July '04: POR/Wonder cruise Fall 2002: College Program at Vista Way! (EPCOT) Nov '93, July '00, Nov '06: DL offsite July '88, July '90, April '97, July '06, March '09: WDW offsite

Old 01-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #35
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Love the Fantasmic pics! Made me feel like I was right there. Seems like there really isn't a bad seat to watch it!

Yep, Trail's End still looks as yummy as I remember it!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #36
kors
I am known in my town as a CROCAHOLIC!

What a great trip report! Can't wait till the next update!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:41 PM   #37
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadisney View Post
just found your thread and read all of it so far. i love all the pictures - it seems like you had a wonderful wedding & honeymoon!
Thanks you!!! We did have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon...how could you not, in DISNEY??!!! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Love the Fantasmic pics! Made me feel like I was right there. Seems like there really isn't a bad seat to watch it!

Yep, Trail's End still looks as yummy as I remember it!
Yes Fantasmic is awesome from ANY seat. LOVE IT! And mmmmm, Trail's End...SO good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kors View Post
What a great trip report! Can't wait till the next update!

Thank you so much!!!

Next installment coming up shortly!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #38
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Wednesday December 12th

This morning again I was UP and READY without the help of an alarm clock. Who needs alarm clocks when you're in DISNEY??!!!!

We had plans to go to Epcot for the morning and then head to Magic Kingdom later in the day for our Crystal Palace ADR at 7:10. My memory is getting a little foggy but I'm pretty sure we just rode the bus to Epcot that day. Usually we opted for the longer, more fun route...riding the boat to the Contemporary or MK and then monorail, but I am pretty sure we just decided to get there fast, so off to the bus we went!

We started in Futureworld, planned on doing that side of the part that day and then coming back later in the week for World Showcase. We rode Nemo first, I LOVE that ride. It's just so cute, and I love seeing all the fish. I was telling DH about what the Seas used to be...back when it was just called The Living Seas. I can remember riding in those “hydrolators” when I was a kid, and being scared for some reason. I was telling him about the old ride that basically was just a car that rode around through the tanks.
Anyway, after the ride we walked around some, and checked out the manatees for awhile, and the other tanks upstairs.

We looked into seeing Turtle Talk, but it had just started and we didn't feel like waiting around for it. We had an ADR later that week at Coral Reef so I knew we'd be back!

Then we headed to The Land. We checked out the time for Soarin', I wasn't planning on riding but DH really wanted to. It was some ridiculous wait, and the FP time was for late in the afternoon and we knew we'd be gone. Oh well, we'd try later in the week. There was practically no wait for Living with the Land, so we went on that, DH really enjoyed this ride before. We're both those weirdo educational lovers, so this is the kind of stuff we like.

So after that we decided to go ahead and eat lunch a little early, so we'd be hungry for our ADR that night, since it was a bit earlier than we were used to eating. We wanted to eat at Sunshine Seasons anyway, because IMO it's the best CS in Futureworld, and one of my favorites period.

We both got sandwiches, I got the Black Forest Ham and DH got the Turkey and Muenster.
He got some peanut butter and chocolate cake thing, and I wanted to get the strawberry shortcake from the bakery. Well when we went over there, one of the ladies working was trying to tell one of the younger guys there what we was supposed to do when he saw our pins. He was being kind of obnoxious, and it was kinda weird, but she finally told him to leave and she gave us two free chocolate chip cookies as congratulations. It was very sweet, but we felt awkward. Anyway. We found a table over by the stairs, and sat down to relax. It was all very good, I only ate about half my sandwich because I LOVE the strawberry shortcake there, its so fresh, YUM. We put the cookies in the bag for later, and headed out.

My food..

DH's

free cookies!

We went to Journey into Imagination, because no matter how lame that ride seems now, I don't care, I love it. I had a plush Figment when I was a kid that I LOVED. I miss the old ride, but the new one is ok. We HAD to play around with the picture things after the ride, here is a picture DH took of me emailing it to our families, dont really know why...

and here is our picture!!

We then headed over the Ellen's Energy ride, I love it too. This was new for DH, and he really enjoyed it. He even mentioned wanting to ride it again later. Cool with me!!!!

By this time it was probably around 2 or so and we decided to head out, and hang out at the MK for awhile.

cont...

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 10-20-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:51 PM   #39
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Took this on the way out...

We headed out to the monorail, didn't have to wait too long for it.

Andy waiting on the monorail

one last look...I was bored, so I just took pictures...

Finally we got to the MK!

We walked slower down Main Street this time, walked in some of the shops.

I loved this in one of the windows..

We kept seeing one set of Christmas decorations, the Victorian looking Mickey and Minnie stuff, and we decided we would get one of the figurines with Mickey holding the mistletoe over him and Minnie. We just wanted to wait until later, so we wouldn't have to carry it around all day. I really wanted the stockings, but all they had anywhere was Minnie. I NEVER saw a Mickey one. So I don't know what's up with that.

We headed towards Adventureland, and walked right towards the Dole Whip stand! So, we had to have one. YUMMMM. We just split a Dole whip float, using one of our snack credits. We found a table nearby and sat and relaxed a bit. I love that, just relaxing and taking it all in. ah.

From there we went on Pirates of the Carribean, one of our favorites. Well, first we walked past the Jungle Cruise and the line was ridiculous so we said forget it for now. The line for Pirates wasn't too long, but here we encountered some of those RUDE people. Families who kept trying to just push past people, and skip to the front of the line. And like I said, it wasn't even that long. Ugh. We just shook our heads at how rude people can be. I LOVE this ride, especially the new part at the beginning, going through the mist. And I hate to say it, but I haven't actually seen any of the movies so I don't know the names of the characters, well, Jack Sparrow of course. We totally meant to rent at least the first one before we went but time got away and we never did. Anwyay....LOVED the ride.

After that we pretty much high tailed it over to Haunted Mansion. Have I mentioned it's my FAVORITE???????!!!

On the way over I took this picture of the married man...I had to picture msg this to some of our friends as well.

LOVED the ride, of course. I can't get enough of the HM!

By this time it was starting to get dark, and I wanted to ride the Liberty Square Riverboat, I hadn't done it since I was a kid. We waited for it for maybe 10 minutes, and I just took some pictures of how cool the Haunted Mansion looked from there.

I LOVE the MK at night, with the lights and everything. Its just awesome. When the boat got there we went down on the bottom, to the front where there was a bench. It was getting a bit chilly and thank goodness I'd thought to put a long sleeve tshirt in the Baggallini. We just enjoyed the slow moving ride, and I took more pictures, esp when we came around back to the Haunted Mansion. When we got off the ride it was getting close to our ADR time, so we decided to just walk slowly up there and check in a little early.

Next up...our dinner with Pooh and WISHES!!

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 10-20-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:03 AM   #40
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update and pics.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #41
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary12.8.07 View Post
I loved this in one of the windows..

That is so cool and beautiful!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #42
TLC371
DIS Veteran

Hi Hillary! I just found your TR and read everything so far!
Summer 1978/October 2003/September 2004/October 2005/ September 2006--we got engaged at Epcot! /October 2007/ December 2007/September 2008: You can read about those 3 trips here: Disneymoons/Anniversary
Old 01-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #43
tlhbdm
1354.40 miles away from the mouse

My computer didn't tell you updated so I was behind but is sounds good.
1992-Carribean Beach, 1993-POFQ, 1996-POFQ, 2001-POFQ, 2002-POR , 2005-Cornado Springs , 2006-Pop Century , May 2007-Pop Century, , December 2007-Contemporary, 2009-SSR, 2010-WLV, 2011-WLV , 2013-POR & Off-site, 2014-WL

Me(25) DH(26)
Old 01-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #44
kato0627
DIS Veteran

Congratulations of your wedding. Your TR is great. We were at WL the same week. What beautiful weather we had. Can'w wait to read more.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #45
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Great pictures and update! I agree about the window-its really pretty!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: