Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #136
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienBrain View Post
Last days always have that dreary tone to them. No matter what you do, it always has that mask of dreariness to it. That is sad to hear about the food that made you sick. But at least you were able to see Wishes.
Yeah, last days are the worst. It's making me sad just thinking about it and writing about it!! And we were disappointed that last night, we just wanted to get more done than we could. But that's what next trips are for!! Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamagirl View Post
I've really enjoyed your TR! I hope we get to hear about St. Augustine too!!

Narcoosee's looked soooooo good. I hope to eat there one day.

I got sick the night we returned from our Disney trip in December. We had the dining plan too and I think it was just ALL that rich food. My body just couldn't handle it. It was fun while it lasted though. DH had no trouble, he's my garbage disposal too.
Yes I'm totally writing about St. Augustine, it was a great end to our trip.

You MUST try Narcoosee's. Beautiful restaurant, great atmosphere, YUMMY food!! And I totally agree about the food. We loved the convenience of not having to worry about how much things cost and just handing over our card, but we would never spend that much money on food alone, it was just WAY too much food for us. But it was great for our honeymoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Hi Hillary! I have so enjoyed reading your TR! I don't really remember how I stumbled on to it, but I think you being from GA is what caught my eye. I was hooked from then on! I even went back and read your wedding journal. You had a beautiful wedding! And your dress was lovely. Sorry that you had such a terrible time with the dress shop!
I think you and I have a lot in common...Hello Kitty, being from GA, etc...Anyway, you seem like a really fun person, and I have really enjoyed reading your TR! I can't wait to read more, but am very sad that it's almost over. I am glad to see that you've got some upcoming trips planned! Thanks for taking the time to post...you've done an awesome job! Congrats on your marriage!

awww you're too sweet!!! Thanks for taking the time to read so much!! And highfive for Georgia gals!!!

Thanks so much for reading and all the compliments!!! I hate getting to the end of it, maybe subconciously that's why I haven't finished yet, 6 months later! ha. Thanks again!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #137
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Working on uploading the rest of my pictures, from St. Augustine so hopefully I'll get the LAST of this TR up maybe this weekend. Been so busy w/my summer class I haven't had time!!!

And come out lurkers!!!! I see alot of people reading, so I know you're there!!!! Join in so I know someone is actually reading this thing!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #138
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

I'm here!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 06-13-2008, 10:23 AM   #139
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

I'm still here too! Work sometimes gets the best of me though, but I'm following along!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #140
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

I'm still here too! Can't wait to read more, but sad that it's almost over!

And I may actually be coming to your neck of the woods this weekend! There's a concert at the Columbia Co. Ampitheater in Evans.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #141
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
I'm here!
Yay! Thanks for reading along!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
I'm still here too! Work sometimes gets the best of me though, but I'm following along!
No prob!! I'm just glad I still have people reading...despite taking half a year to write this thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
I'm still here too! Can't wait to read more, but sad that it's almost over!

And I may actually be coming to your neck of the woods this weekend! There's a concert at the Columbia Co. Ampitheater in Evans.
YAY more readers. I'm sad to end it too, prob why I'm dragging it out.

And very cool about the concert, the ampitheater is way cool, I haven't been to a show there yet but it backs up to the new library and I go there all the time. And Evans is really my neck of the woods, I grew up there, and my parents house is actually right down from the ampitheater! Have a great time!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #142
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Monday December 17th

It was a super sad morning, getting up and showering and getting ready for the last time in our beautiful Wilderness Lodge room. I was getting so depressed, realizing our trip was almost over, and we'd never have another trip like this. It was a huge spurge for us to stay at WL, and I knew we wouldn't be back for a loooong time. DH was trying to cheer me up though, with thoughts of ending our trip in St. Augustine, and he was just excited about breakfast.

Now, we are not normally big breakfast eaters. But on vacations/trips occasionally we will. On DH's first Disney trip the previous May, we ate at Trail's End twice. Once for dinner, and then for breakfast before leaving the last day. He LOVED it. They have the standard breakfast items...waffles, grits, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. And they have this breakfast pizza that he went nuts over. So, when making our ADRs I decided it just wouldn't be right if we didn't end our trip there. We also paid out of pocket for this meal, since it was a pretty cheap table service meal.

So we got all of our stuff together and called bell services to come get it. I hated walking out of that room!! Dh had run down to pull the car up so we wouldn't have to wait so long. We had decided to just drive over to Ft. Wilderness since it would be quicker that way, and we could get on to St. Augustine that much faster.

We loaded up the car, and said goodbye to our beloved WL. It will always have a special place in our heart, and we will visit it for years to come. We had just spent one of the best weeks of our lives there and had the best honeymoon we could ever imagined. As we drove under the big arch sign, I had tears in my eyes. I hate leaving!!!

As we drove towards Ft. Wilderness, it hit me that we hadn't gotten a checkout envelope on our door that morning. I knew we usually had in the past, but we had already paid everything in full, and never charged anything to the room so I wasn't sure. I freaked out a bit, and then called the hotel to check. We were good, apparently in that case you don't need the paperwork? I dunno. On to Ft. Wilderness!!!!

We pulled in the lot and then went over to the bus stop to wait on a bus to take us to the Settlement and Pioneer Hall. As we waited it brought back memories of our first Disney trip together in May. We stayed at Ft. Wilderness for a long weekend over Mother's Day w/my parents, it was DH's first trip, so of course we had alot of memories waiting on busses there. We didn't wait long, and were on our way! It was pretty early, about 8:15 or so and there weren't many people out, and we were the only people on the bus. When we got to Trail's End there were just a few other people there. It was SO good, we both ate our fill and didn't plan on eating again until later that afternoon. DH had his fill of breakfast pizza and Mickey waffles, and I stuck to my eggs, bacon, and a waffle or two, and fruit. yuuuummy. We took care of our last meal in Disney, and then headed back out to the bus to take us back to the car.

It was too short of a drive off of Disney property, and as always that "See you soon" sign broke my heart. Very bittersweet.

We easily found out way back to the interstate and headed towards St. Augustine...not hard since that is the same way home. I made it through downtown Orlando and the other side of the city before I started getting sleepy. Early morning+week at Disney+riding in cars just makes me sleepy=I was out for most of the trip. So no pictures! DH woke me up about 30 minutes or so before we got into St. Augustine so he could help me find it. My mom had helped me out and made us a reservation at a bed and breakfast. I didn't make a reservation before we left, we knew we could get one once we got there, and would have a better idea of how much money we should spend. I had called her and asked her to give me some ideas, directions, etc...so she gave us the name of a place and the directions how to get there.

St. Augustine is a bit frustrating to drive around in, lots of one-way streets and narrow streets. Its beautiful but a pain sometimes. We didn't have too hard of a time finding it...http://the Agustin Inn...

beautiful!

It was so pretty!! We pulled in the 30 minute parking and went to the porch, and had to ring this bell for someone to let us in. We checked in, and found out that my parents had paid for our night already!!! SO sweet. They told us our room wasn't ready, it would be about an hour or so. They gave us a key, they keep the front door locked all the time, and told us where to park, about 2 blocks away. We decided to go park, and just walk around some until the room was ready. So we FINALLY found the parking lot for the inn...we kept passing/missing it, and those dang one way streets, we'd have to go back around again. Hardly any of the inns have connected parking b/c of the way its set up, so they have designated parking lots, if that makes sense.

The one touristy thing we KNEW we wanted to do was the Red Trolley tours. I've done it a few times before, but since DH had never been here before, and is way into history and stuff, I knew he'd like it. The little building where they sold tickets were was not too far away, so we just walked and I showed DH some cool places we'd been, and we went in a few shops along the way. We bought our tickets, which was good for 2 days. We had to wear a red trolley sticker on our clothes, and then we could get on/off the trolley at any of the stops around the city, theres prob at least 20 of them. Went in some more shops, including one of my FAVORITES, BathJunkie. I had discovered this on a trip a few years earlier w/some girlfriends, and LOVE it. Basically they sell all kinds of bath/body stuff, but you pick the scent. They have a whole wall full of oils, and you can mix them and customize your own. SO cool. I had bought this bath stuff before, it comes in a squirt bottle and you can either spray it in the bathtub to make it smell, or spray on yourself after a shower/bath, and it makes you smell good and your skin all soft. So I decided to get that, and then they had this "menu" of some of their new scents for the holidays. So I got some kind of peppermint scent, I forget exactly what it was. So cool though. I also got the same scent in a body spray. LOVE that store.

By then it was time we could get our room, so we went back to the car to get our stuff. I had put stuff to stay overnight in just one bag so we wouldnt have to carry ALL our suitcases. We also had some bottles of water/snacks to keep in the room, as well as our pillows. We're those weirdos that take our own pillows everywhere.

We get back, and she gave us another key to get in our room. And tells us we have the best room in the house. whaaaat? Yeah...that picture of the inn, that porch upstairs was OUR PORCH. We had it all to ourselves. She took us up to show us in, and it was BEAUTIFUL!

This is the picture from the website...

SO pretty.

We were in heaven. It was so cozy and romantic. I went a little camera happy...

looking into the bathroom...that was different, the only doors were those folding ones, weird. Hey, its cool, its our honeymoon! Those were also the most AMAZINGLY soft robes ever.

biiig jacuzzi tub! I LOVED that!

DH resting...

one more of our beaaatiful room!

and our balcony!

I took this because you can see thats the ocean out there!! Look between the top porch of the house on the left and you can see it between the two buildings. BEAUTIFUL view!

While we were just hanging out I noticed a tray sitting on top of the fridge. Turns out my mom had arranged this!!

chocolate covered strawberries, my FAVE, and my FAVORITE wine, White Zinfandel. YAY!! Fortunately for me, DH doesnt love strawberries so I had them to myself!! I ate just a few, and then put the rest in the fridge for later. We decided to head out and explore the city!!!

Next up-wandering around St. Augustine!!!

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 10-20-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:04 AM   #143
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

I totally know where your coming from with the last day sadness. I always manage to get a little weepy on the last day even when I know I'm coming back again soon. When we were on our honeymoon at Disney, leaving that time was the worst.

Wow! Your room in St. Augustine looks just like the internet photo! How often does that happen??? That was really nice of your mom to arrange the wine and strawberries. Wish I had some of that in front of me now!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #144
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Hi there Hillary - coming over from the peep's thread. Just read your entire TR, what a wonderful time you guys had in WDW. I too get very sad my last day. I remember the last time we were there which was in 2004 (that in itself is sad) I had sunglasses on when we were checking out and I was literally crying at check out, good thing for sunglasses or I think the CM would have thought something was wrong with me. Anyway love your TR.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #145
alabamagirl
I wish I may, I wish I might, on the first DOLE WHIP I see tonight

I have always wanted to stay in a B&B, how romantic! Can't wait to see more of St. Augustine!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #146
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

hi, there! i know i'm immensely late here but i'm joining anyway! we're going to WDW for our first holiday trip this december and so i am in search of december TRs. i saw your link over on the disappearing peeps thread. no time to read right now but i will be back later!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #147
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
I totally know where your coming from with the last day sadness. I always manage to get a little weepy on the last day even when I know I'm coming back again soon. When we were on our honeymoon at Disney, leaving that time was the worst.

Wow! Your room in St. Augustine looks just like the internet photo! How often does that happen??? That was really nice of your mom to arrange the wine and strawberries. Wish I had some of that in front of me now!
UGH the last day is the worst. I think this time def was the worst ever, since it was our honeymoon. I knew we'd be back eventually, but our honeymoon was just magical and I still miss is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLaura View Post
Hi there Hillary - coming over from the peep's thread. Just read your entire TR, what a wonderful time you guys had in WDW. I too get very sad my last day. I remember the last time we were there which was in 2004 (that in itself is sad) I had sunglasses on when we were checking out and I was literally crying at check out, good thing for sunglasses or I think the CM would have thought something was wrong with me. Anyway love your TR.

Thanks for coming over and reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamagirl View Post
I have always wanted to stay in a B&B, how romantic! Can't wait to see more of St. Augustine!
It was SO romantic, I highly reccomend staying in one, anywhere really, but St. Augustine is so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
hi, there! i know i'm immensely late here but i'm joining anyway! we're going to WDW for our first holiday trip this december and so i am in search of december TRs. i saw your link over on the disappearing peeps thread. no time to read right now but i will be back later!

Thanks for joining in!!! I'm a huge fan of your TR's btw...I love ANY TR, but esp ones w/couples that remind me of us, I really like!

You will LOVE LOVE Disney in December. It is my favorite time to go, for many reasons, I just love it. We are going back this year for our anniversary, and hopefully every year after that!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #148
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Location: Living in Fantasy Land on most days but sleeping in Spring Hill, FL

Awwe! I just came across your pj and your htr and you two are the cutest! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. WTG mom and dad for spreading a little more pixie dust! I see that you have 2 trips coming up! That's awesome And to think that you were all sad because you didn't know when you'd be coming back
Old 07-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #149
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca06261 View Post
Awwe! I just came across your pj and your htr and you two are the cutest! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. WTG mom and dad for spreading a little more pixie dust! I see that you have 2 trips coming up! That's awesome And to think that you were all sad because you didn't know when you'd be coming back
aww thanks so much! We do have 2 trips soon...the one in October is just a weekend trip for my moms bday, but we're staying at Ft. Wilderness and not doing any parks I don't think. Just relaxing and enjoying the campground. And then we'll be back in Dec. for our anniversary, so I'm SUPER excited!!! I hate not knowing if we'll be back soon...I'm just happier knowing I have a trip to plan in the future!! Thanks so much for reading!!

So I'm working on finishing up the next installment, just waiting on pictures fo finish uploading!! We leave on Friday for 10 days to Destin YAY, so I want to get finished before we leave. I should have the TR done, maybe not all my final thoughts and stuff. But look for it later today!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:15 PM   #150
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Monday December 17th, Part 2

When I left off, we had checked into our BEAUTIFUL room, and were heading out to do some exploring in St. Augustine. The main thing I really wanted to do was ride the trolley around town, because DH is so into history and stuff, I knew he would love it. Plus we could get off at any of the stops and look around more, then get back on a train.

I must mention it was COLD this day. I mean seriously cold, and SO windy. Esp up around the front of the city where the water was. brrr.

We walked a few blocks to Fort Matanzas, which was the fort built to protect the city from Spanish and then later, British invaders. It's also on the waterfront, so of course it was freezing.

looking back towards the city..

(that yellow building across the street is where we ate dinner later that night)

We walked around for awhile, DH wanted to read a bunch of the plaques and stuff, and then we saw a trolley coming to the stop so we decided to hop on. We rode for a few hours, hearing all of the history and seeing all the architecture in the city. I love local history, and even though I've done this tour many times, I always love it. DH loved it as well. We got off at a few of the free museums that were included in our tour, but some of the bigger ones we would have loved to do cost a good bit of money, and we had just spent a week at Disney!!

St. Augustine really is beautiful and so full of history, I reccomend if you ever get the chance to go, DO IT!

I took a bunch of pictures, so here's some of those...

one of the stops was the Ripley's museum. DH has never been to one and we really wanted to go but just didn't have time. We are going next week though while we are in Destin!!

more pictures...

this is actually in the parking lot of a hotel, a Days Inn or something like that was built around it...

pretty street covered w/trees..

Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth

it was cooooold on that trolley! and the wind was painful!

Does this remind anyone of anything???

It's Flagler College, which used to be a big hotel. Designed by the same person who designed the Grand Floridian!!

cont...

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 10-20-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: