Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
lucky978
Mouseketeer
Looks like there is hope for you now!
Signed, The Tag Fairy!
 
lucky978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: MA/NH border
Posts: 1,313

Discovery Cove in February - too cold?

We had originally purchased Discovery Cove tickets for a November trip, which we were not able to use.

Thankfully, they have given me a year to use them and they are burning a hole in my pocket!

I was thinking about taking a quick trip down for a long weekend late-February, perhaps 2/22-2/26 or 2/27.

But now I'm thinking that perpahs it may be too cold to actually enjoy Discovery Cove to the fullest. As we know, the tickets are not cheap and I hate to have the day ruined by the weather being too cold.

What do you think? Have you visited Discovery Cove (or Disney) at this time of year? Did you enjoy it? Keep in mind that we are from Massachusetts, so even if it's 70 degrees, it will feel warmer than it will be here!

I appreciate your thoughts/comments.

Jacki
__________________

April, 2009 - POFQ
February, 2008 - POR
September, 2006 - 10th Anniv trip to WL
June, 2005 - POR
December, 2004 - Offsite house
April, 2004 - POFQ
October, 2003 and Sept. 1997 - Offsite houses
October, 1984 - Offsite @ Royal Plaza
lucky978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
Poohsmommi
Mouseketeer
 
Poohsmommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 369

February can be very cold here - even to someone who lives up north. I'd waiting until at least April.
Poohsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad
 
HELPDESKGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 390

too funny i just booked for my wife and I on 2/22 used the 15% discount code found at mousesavers.com total was $487.xx for the all inclusive package which includes 7 day ticket to seaworld...I was asking myself the same thing...is it to cold? I heard the weather can vary from 50-80 F this time of year...

Not sure what to do. I have until 1/24 to cancel for full refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky978 View Post
We had originally purchased Discovery Cove tickets for a November trip, which we were not able to use.

Thankfully, they have given me a year to use them and they are burning a hole in my pocket!

I was thinking about taking a quick trip down for a long weekend late-February, perhaps 2/22-2/26 or 2/27.

But now I'm thinking that perpahs it may be too cold to actually enjoy Discovery Cove to the fullest. As we know, the tickets are not cheap and I hate to have the day ruined by the weather being too cold.

What do you think? Have you visited Discovery Cove (or Disney) at this time of year? Did you enjoy it? Keep in mind that we are from Massachusetts, so even if it's 70 degrees, it will feel warmer than it will be here!

I appreciate your thoughts/comments.

Jacki
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
lucky978
Mouseketeer
Looks like there is hope for you now!
Signed, The Tag Fairy!
 
lucky978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: MA/NH border
Posts: 1,313

Well - I booked flights and hotel (POR). Called for availability and will either be going to Discovery Cove on the 2/23 or 2/24. Praying for warm weather!
__________________

April, 2009 - POFQ
February, 2008 - POR
September, 2006 - 10th Anniv trip to WL
June, 2005 - POR
December, 2004 - Offsite house
April, 2004 - POFQ
October, 2003 and Sept. 1997 - Offsite houses
October, 1984 - Offsite @ Royal Plaza
lucky978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
louey
and she paid alot of money to look like that
Some groups do long distance
 
louey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 1,406

I don't know if this helps but we did Discovery Cove Dec. 06 and we showed up at the park around 8:30ish I believe the temp. was 30/40 something lets just say it was cold. They have heaters throughout the park and the water is very warm and you wear a wetsuit. I remember walking in the sand and it was so cold on your feet. Between the heaters, warm water, atmosphere this is a must do park. They treat you very well, food is good I would highly recommend this place to anyone no matter what time of year. Have a great time
__________________

louey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
G@briel
Zé Carioca
 
G@briel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brazil
Posts: 45

I made a reservation to 01/20. I think I need to pray a lot because the weather prediction says 43 to 61 on that day .
G@briel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:54 AM   #7
lucky978
Mouseketeer
Looks like there is hope for you now!
Signed, The Tag Fairy!
 
lucky978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: MA/NH border
Posts: 1,313

Quote:
Originally Posted by louey View Post
I don't know if this helps but we did Discovery Cove Dec. 06 and we showed up at the park around 8:30ish I believe the temp. was 30/40 something lets just say it was cold. They have heaters throughout the park and the water is very warm and you wear a wetsuit. I remember walking in the sand and it was so cold on your feet. Between the heaters, warm water, atmosphere this is a must do park. They treat you very well, food is good I would highly recommend this place to anyone no matter what time of year. Have a great time

Thank you so much for that information. I feel better now, knowing that we won't have spent so much money and will be miserable.
__________________

April, 2009 - POFQ
February, 2008 - POR
September, 2006 - 10th Anniv trip to WL
June, 2005 - POR
December, 2004 - Offsite house
April, 2004 - POFQ
October, 2003 and Sept. 1997 - Offsite houses
October, 1984 - Offsite @ Royal Plaza
lucky978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:55 AM   #8
lucky978
Mouseketeer
Looks like there is hope for you now!
Signed, The Tag Fairy!
 
lucky978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: MA/NH border
Posts: 1,313

Quote:
Originally Posted by G@briel View Post
I made a reservation to 01/20. I think I need to pray a lot because the weather prediction says 43 to 61 on that day .
Hopefully that prediction will change before the date. However, the previous poster has assured us that we will enjoy it regardless - so no need to worry!

Enjoy - and write back when you return and let us know how it was!!!
__________________

April, 2009 - POFQ
February, 2008 - POR
September, 2006 - 10th Anniv trip to WL
June, 2005 - POR
December, 2004 - Offsite house
April, 2004 - POFQ
October, 2003 and Sept. 1997 - Offsite houses
October, 1984 - Offsite @ Royal Plaza
lucky978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: