Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #91
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, USC!
Posts: 5,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
..thanks for starting this thread.

..ok hydro guy..are you thirsty for more...

first thing first, are you near..colorado springs...used to live
there @ the academy..in the 70's. go falcons!


..next, i am not the planner...so all of this stuff is way over my
head... ,* my job is to complain..when things don't go
right..[according to my wife ].


1..* this is the first time..we are dragging all our kiddies..with us
to disneyland...[ not since the 70's ]....& will be staying @ the
disneyland hotel. we are doing the pc cruise back to fla., so
we only have one day ..@ disneyland. we doing it thru "triple a"...
but does mean we get to "sneak"..in early ?

2what this toon town stuff..is it opened before or after the early
hour? is it worth going...our sons...are in college, & have made
it clear..they don't want to be doing character stuff...but our
daughter likes...mickey.

3do we need to go to a different area?....& do they do a rope drop
near...mickey?

4are they dressed up in the blue outfits?

5can i send them off to gather fast passes...while we meeting mickey
or is that not allowed?

6are any the places..opened for snacks/breakfast rolls inside the park?

7* my boys were on the old sub. ride....but our daughter was born way
passed ...its closure....for tradition , i sure like to get them all together,
on it...so if we do the toon town thingy....would it be worth it after
it opened or before?

8does "pal mickey", from wdw..works..@ disneyland?

9should we take the monorail ?

10do they allow pics-taking of the mickey head..in front of the park before
opening?....& can we get out line..if one of us holding our place?

11what does fl stands for?
Wow that's a lot of questions:

1. "Sneak in" sounds so kniving. All you have to do is show them a white slip of paper (Called a charge slip that they give you at check-in) and they will allow you into the park an hour before official park opening. It's not like you're beating the system. But make sure that it is a Magic Morning day. Only Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday are Magic Morning days. On other days, everyone gets in at the same time.

2. Toontown Morning Madness only comes with packages. Since you're only staying 1 night, I don't think you are buying a package. So info on it is irrelevant. Basically what it is, is they let people who buy the packages in to Toontown (only) an hour before it opens (because TT usually opens an hour after official park openign). TTMM is only on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.

3. Mickey's House is located in Toontown. Because you don't have TTMM, TT for you will open an hour after official park opening

4. Blue outfits?

5. Go ahead and use others who don't want to meet Mickey to go grab some FPs. That's a good idea.

6. Yes there are places in the park open for breakfast, however I STRONGLY suggest NOT eating breakfast in the park. It's more expensive (than eating out of the park) and it wastes your morning (most important time for short lines) park touring time. Buy muffins or bagels and then eat them at the entrance while waiting for the park to open, or eat them in your hotel room before you leave.

7. Nemo has a huge pull first thing in the morning. So unless you are at the very front of the pack, I'd say wait until evening when lines are shorter.

8. No

9. No, walking is better because usually you are allowed into the park earlier than the monorail guests arrive. However taking the monorail back to the hotel is efficient.

10. Yes they do

11. Fantasyland
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #92
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?
 
HydroGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado, USA (formerly SoCal - now SoCol)
Posts: 14,698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
..ok hydro guy..are you thirsty for more...

first thing first, are you near..colorado springs...used to live
there @ the academy..in the 70's. go falcons!
Yes, we are near the Air Force Academy. As the crow flies maybe 10 miles away.

FWIW, you might get more responses to all of your general questions here if you created your own post rather than including it in this Magic Morning thread.

I will take a crack at some of your questions. And just to be clear, it was DLR29 who started this thread and not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
...* this is the first time..we are dragging all our kiddies..with us to disneyland...[ not since the 70's ]....& will be staying @ the disneyland hotel. we are doing the pc cruise back to fla., so
we only have one day ..@ disneyland. we doing it thru "triple a"...
but does mean we get to "sneak"..in early ?
If you read the original post in this thread this question is answered. If your one day visit is on a Sun/Tue/Thurs/Sat you can get in for the Magic Morning if you are staying at the DL Hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
what this toon town stuff..is it opened before or after the early hour? is it worth going...our sons...are in college, & have made it clear..they don't want to be doing character stuff...but our daughter likes...mickey.
If you mean ToonTown Morning Madness, you should read the origianl post where it explains what this is about. ToonTown itself is kind of a cute area. I have never liked TT very much myself and it is more for young children. If your daughter wants to see Mickey then he has a "house" here where she can see him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
do we need to go to a different area?....& do they do a rope drop
near...mickey?

are they dressed up in the blue outfits?
Not sure what you are talking about here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
can i send them off to gather fast passes...while we meeting mickey
or is that not allowed?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
are any the places..opened for snacks/breakfast rolls inside the park?
Yes, lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
* my boys were on the old sub. ride....but our daughter was born way
passed ...its closure....for tradition , i sure like to get them all together,
on it...so if we do the toon town thingy....would it be worth it after
it opened or before?
The Finding Nemo Sub ride has had long lines since it opened. If you cannot go on it first thing it would be better to wait until later in the day as the lines tend to die out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
does "pal mickey", from wdw..works..@ disneyland?
No idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
should we take the monorail ?
Personally I think it is better to walk to the parks in the morning than take the monorail. You may want to use the monorail later in the day though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
do they allow pics-taking of the mickey head..in front of the park before
opening?....& can we get out line..if one of us holding our place?
If you mean the flow Mickey head, yes you can take pictures. Not sure what line you want to a hold a place for. Once you are into the area where the Mickey head is there is no line left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
what does fl stands for?
Fantasyland.

See DLR Abbreviations List - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520784
__________________
Upcoming:
August 2015 for the D23 Expo | WDW, 2015 May?
Completed:
DLR 07/2014 (DLH), 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #93
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie
 
Lil' Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: chillicothe,oh
Posts: 2,778

, thanks for all the responses,

first things first, sorry for the overload,

...& missing the orginal poster.


* i was reading several threads, & decided to seek answers here,
***...this was the "area" i had the most questions about. and
this thread had the most insights.

...i did read the begining..& iam still not sure...i think it means
you can get in early if you're staying @ a disneyland hotel...
but not the other ? [ the ttmm]...however, i 've been reading on
another thread where others are donating their tickets?

...when i made the refernce to sneaking..i was "posting
out loud" . that is, in the past, when we had early crt reses @
wdw, there was a certain gate you entered before the park opened,
& some of the crowd ...gave...." " looks.

we are disney visa holder..& i saw on the picture site...some, getting
their pics..with mickey & minnie wearing blue clothing...i think
for the dreams promotional...& wonder if they were from disneyland?

* so is this the only area..to find mickey? [ we sorta like to have our
picture..with him.]


another area of confusion..was reading on different threads...suggesting

"not"..to do the sub. ride..in the "early "...hour..but instead fl
[ fantasy land...which i read also here after starting my questions.]

now, that's why..i mentioned...my older sons...& getting a pic. @ the
subs..for prosperity [ ]. but if one waits..until the end
of the day...then you will be giving up watching the fantasic show?
and if we split up...finding everyone...might be a gamble?


one of our "problem"..is matching up..as there is a "15 years differnce
between our sons & daughter. so scheduling is an ongoing...


...line questions....were trying to get a feel on what others were
doing...as not to bring out the worst....in others.

then there is "my motivation"...as noted, i am not the planner, so
if make suggestions...that are not...correct...there will be feed back!

thnanks, for answering...
__________________
& = + +
Lil' Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #94
disneyfan4ever54
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan4ever54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arlington, Washington
Posts: 1,557

Yes, Mickey and Minnie do wear their blue "dream" outfits at Disneyland. We have pics of them as well as Goofy in those outfits. They were taken on Main Street at the place where the characters are for photos and autographs.
disneyfan4ever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #95
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, USC!
Posts: 5,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
...i did read the begining..& iam still not sure...i think it means
you can get in early if you're staying @ a disneyland hotel...
but not the other ? [ the ttmm]...however, i 've been reading on
another thread where others are donating their tickets?
The only way to get TTMM is by purchasing a package (that is hotel and tickets all in one instead of buying separately). They don't have one day packages so I don't think you bought a package. However there is a thread here in which people who didn't use their TTMM vouchers, give them away to fellow DISBoard members. Magic Mornings (getting in an hour early) is available to all onsite guests including guests of the DLH.

Quote:
another area of confusion..was reading on different threads...suggesting

"not"..to do the sub. ride..in the "early "...hour..but instead fl
[ fantasy land...which i read also here after starting my questions.]

now, that's why..i mentioned...my older sons...& getting a pic. @ the
subs..for prosperity [ ]. but if one waits..until the end
of the day...then you will be giving up watching the fantasic show?
and if we split up...finding everyone...might be a gamble?
Assuming that Fantasmic is showing (nightly during busy periods and weekends only during lower seasons), you shouldn't miss it. With that being said, Nemo lines die down close to early evening (6PM possibly) and stay somewhat low until closing. Keep in mind there are also two Fantasmic shows (9:00 and 10:30), so riding Nemo at night shouldn't interfere.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:40 AM   #96
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie
 
Lil' Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: chillicothe,oh
Posts: 2,778

..thanks..disneyfan4ever54...so iam taking it is done on a schedule?
..neat...[ so we need to ask the day @ the park?] ....

he,he, he, if we're lucky..we might be able to have all our kids together,
without causing to much of a disturbance or..

& if so... maybe we can skip the toon time thing..pending approval -

[ my wife & lil' ]. * we're not going until august..& the line
for the tickets are pretty long..so i go & add...until..i can figure out
..either way.



dear dLr29, thanks for being so patient, . have you ever taken
your kids to the early "toon town" opening? if so what the big draw? and iam
guessing?...since it's a separate event......then one must have a"second"
ticket..if they wish to attend..the toon town? [ one jus can't walk in even
though they're already in the park--do they check , like for tickets?]

..as for the new sub ride....we're be going on a saturday, august 16th,
the day before the cruise...do you think..it will still be tampering off around
6pm? do you know the typical wait times..in the evening?


...one factor..is how much "jet lag"..we will be experiencing..flying out
around 7pm, the day before...& not getting to the disneyland hotel
around ....11pm. then getting up @ 6am..will be like getting up @ 3am
our time. we have no idea ...what to expect...

wow..thanks for the 2-show..reminder..i didn't even considered that.
the 1030 sound like the best route..* but we could "wear out"..before
hand. also i read something about...a tower or something..that they
take down..& is the place to watch it?..is that true?

thanks, again...your info., has been very valuable...



..i seldom..help with any planning, however,i did one surprise...back
in 2004..@ crt....for my wife. i made a special autograph book..pretending
it was for our daughter...but it was all about her & our "babies"....sorta
modify version..of "this is your life"...hoping the girls~princesses would
catch ..the meanings..well, the first..didn't...but the young snow white,
went "goo~goo" over it...& called all the rest over..to share...with my
lil'wife as the center of attention. before leaving..snow white whispered
to our daughter....how lucky..she was ...to have such a wonderful
mother...* never in a million years..thinking...it was her daddy,

...i said nothing until outside..honey?, i noticed you didn't bother to correct
snow white 's error? she didn't say anything, except reach down and
squeeze..my hand. now you would have to know..my wife..to fully
appricate...her lil'act of affection.

funny thing..reading these boards..back in 76' , @wdw i brought a
post card..of the haunted manison..i never noticed..but it has the
paddle ship mark twain, from disneyland....floating by.
__________________
& = + +
Lil' Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:42 AM   #97
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, USC!
Posts: 5,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy;23905880dear dLr29, thanks for being so patient, :flower3: . have you ever taken
your kids to the early "toon town" opening? if so what the big draw? and iam
guessing?...since it's a separate event......then one must have a"second"
ticket..if they wish to attend..the toon town? [ one jus can't walk in even
though they're already in the park--do they check , like for tickets?
Sorry, but I don't have kids! I'm only 15!

I have never gone to TTMM because I would rather be riding the major rides/attractions during the less busy time of the day, morning. I think your best bet at trying to see Mickey with little wait is either right at 9AM (which might be a little crowded because people with the separate tickets will already be there) or later in the day around 7PM or so (however Toontown closes earlier than the rest of the park, so check it's closing time so that you don't go too late)

Quote:
..as for the new sub ride....we're be going on a saturday, august 16th,
the day before the cruise...do you think..it will still be tampering off around
6pm? do you know the typical wait times..in the evening?
It's hard to say because last August the lines didn't slow down all day, but that was because the ride was brand new; however we don't know how the lines will be a year after its opening. I would guess that the line in the morning will be 60-90 min and by late afternoon/evening it will be down to 30-45. So I do think it will die down, but not to extremely short.

Quote:
...one factor..is how much "jet lag"..we will be experiencing..flying out
around 7pm, the day before...& not getting to the disneyland hotel
around ....11pm. then getting up @ 6am..will be like getting up @ 3am
our time. we have no idea ...what to expect..
That sounds very rough, but the only way that you will beat the crowds is by arriving early. You will be tired, but you'll be at DL so I think you'll just be happy to be there.

Quote:
wow..thanks for the 2-show..reminder..i didn't even considered that.
the 1030 sound like the best route..* but we could "wear out"..before
hand. also i read something about...a tower or something..that they
take down..& is the place to watch it?..is that true?
With your jet lag, it is quite possible that you wear out, but if not, the 10:30 show is always less crowded. I'm not sure of the tower thing.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #98
Hound 109
So non-screamin' family members can pass the time enjoyably while the Hound gets his Screamin' fix in
 
Hound 109's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 4,381

lil Grumpy, the time change works in your favor.

If you get up at 6am in CAL, it will be 9am in Ohio. The challenge (imo) will be getting to the DLH at 11pm (it will be 2am in Ohio). But....if the kiddos sleep on the plane &/or bus (since it will be way past their bed time), then getting them up at 6am the next day should be a snap.

You on the other hand....might be dragging.
Hound 109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #99
annieb727
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 720 miles from the magic
Posts: 683

What is the suggested riding order for FL rides during MM? The people I'm helping want to hit Peter Pan and Dumbo for sure...and maybe more than once...

Thanks!
__________________
~Annie~

~ Disneyland Resort, California ~
June 1996 (1st Disney trip ever at age 17) ~ March 1998 ~ September 1998 ~ June 2000 ~ March 2001 ~ December 2001 ~ October 2005 ~ December 2005 ~ August 2006 (solo trip! Disneyland Hotel) ~ September 2006 ~ October 2007 ~ July 2008

~ Walt Disney Resort, Florida ~
June 2003 (1 night at CR / offsite) ~ February 2009 (Pop) ~ May 2012 (Pop) ~ July 2012 (solo - offsite) ~ July 2013 (offsite) ~ December 2013 (Pop)

Next trip: March 6-17, 2014 ~ Coronado Springs Resort (Business class)
annieb727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:25 PM   #100
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, USC!
Posts: 5,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieb727 View Post
What is the suggested riding order for FL rides during MM? The people I'm helping want to hit Peter Pan and Dumbo for sure...and maybe more than once...

Thanks!
The main consensus around here is:

1. Peter Pan (always first) x2?
2. Dumbo
3. Matterhorn/Alice/Mr. Toad
4. Mad Tea Party/King Arthur Carousel
5. Pinocchio/Snow White (both you don't have to do during MM, as their lines are seldom long)

In August when I used MM, we got PP, Mr. Toad, Alice, Matterhorn (FL side), Pinocchio, Mad Tea Party and Snow White all done in about 35-45 min. Then we lined up for the Frontierland rope drop and got 2 consecutive BTMRR rides in 15 min.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #101
kcbedo
Narbles
 
kcbedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
The main consensus around here is:

1. Peter Pan (always first) x2?
2. Dumbo
3. Matterhorn/Alice/Mr. Toad
4. Mad Tea Party/King Arthur Carousel
5. Pinocchio/Snow White (both you don't have to do during MM, as their lines are seldom long)
I'm curious why Peter Pan is first. I've heard that Dumbo is one of the slowest loading rides, so why wouldn't you hit that first?

Thanks.

Last edited by kcbedo; 03-21-2008 at 09:37 AM.
kcbedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #102
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, USC!
Posts: 5,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbedo View Post
I'm curious why Peter Pan is first. I've heard that Dumbo is one of the slowest loading rides, so why wouldn't you hit that first?

Thanks.
Peter Pan is also one of the slowest loading rides. It's line builds faster than Dumbo. For example when I was there for MM in August, by the end of MM, Peter Pan had a 20-25 minute line already, but Dumbo's was only 10-15.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #103
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie
 
Lil' Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: chillicothe,oh
Posts: 2,778

..well, back to the drawing board... [this i "see",
is going to be more tricky than i first thought...]


....thanks, hound 109., [i guess~ you have show s- ]

...yep, that's about the way i see it...but iam more worry about me~

konking out..then the kids..


however, this is very useful....info,


wow...dlr29...i missed that mark...i thought "29" ..was your age,


..but you're info...is very insightful, a great reflection..maybe someday
you'll be working there! ..oh, take it from an "old~timer"..don't
be into ..a rush...on growing up, there's lots of fun things to do being
a youngster! like..a .... & &


*if that wasn't true...why do you think us "older" mousekteers ..are
always trying to re~live....our childhood days? ..enjoy them while you
have them!
__________________
& = + +
Lil' Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #104
kcbedo
Narbles
 
kcbedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
Peter Pan is also one of the slowest loading rides. It's line builds faster than Dumbo. For example when I was there for MM in August, by the end of MM, Peter Pan had a 20-25 minute line already, but Dumbo's was only 10-15.
That's good to know. Thanks!
kcbedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #105
disneyfan4ever54
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan4ever54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arlington, Washington
Posts: 1,557

..thanks..disneyfan4ever54...so iam taking it is done on a schedule?
..neat...[ so we need to ask the day @ the park?]


You're welcome! We just happened to see them there, but yes, it's a good idea to ask when they will be out in case you don't just happen upon them. We were so excited to get pics of both Mickey and Minnie together in those outfits. It was my DS's birthday trip so it made it very special.
disneyfan4ever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: