Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #751
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreFanInTX View Post
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I just read in a Cars Land strategy suggestions thread that my MM is only good for DL. and then reread the link that skiingfast posted. I wanted to go to DCA to get a FP for RSR. darn!
You have another day. Enjoy Tuesday in DL, and go to DCA on Monday. On Monday be at DCA before 7:30 when the gates open for a Rope Drop. At 7:30 go strait to the Carthay Theatre and get in the FP line for RSR, it starts next to the theater. At just after 8 the FP line will start moving. Or as an alternative, go to the pier and hit TSMM and California Screaming and get to the RSR FP line by about 8:45 and you will get a FP for the evening or night. Watch the clock carefully on the second option because the RSR FPs can run out roughly between 9 and 9:30.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #752
EeyoreFanInTX
Earning My Ears
 
EeyoreFanInTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
You have another day. Enjoy Tuesday in DL, and go to DCA on Monday. On Monday be at DCA before 7:30 when the gates open for a Rope Drop. At 7:30 go strait to the Carthay Theatre and get in the FP line for RSR, it starts next to the theater. At just after 8 the FP line will start moving. Or as an alternative, go to the pier and hit TSMM and California Screaming and get to the RSR FP line by about 8:45 and you will get a FP for the evening or night. Watch the clock carefully on the second option because the RSR FPs can run out roughly between 9 and 9:30.
thx I'm feeling less panicked now. lol I will definitely just enjoy my MM in DL and shoot for CL the day b4. i have 3 days in the park.. surely I will get to ride RSR one of those days.
__________________
Raquel (Maya's mommy)

EeyoreFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #753
EeyoreFanInTX
Earning My Ears
 
EeyoreFanInTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
FPs aren't distributed during early entry. Your MM is only good for DL, so I would use it on Tuesday. On a different morning, line up early for DCA to get in line for RSR FP distribution. You will be behind some of the early entry people, but should still be able to snag a FP.
awesome thx! I'm feeling better about the whole situation & will definitely just take advantage of all the fun stuff in DL Tuesday morning.. can't wait to be there next week!!
__________________
Raquel (Maya's mommy)

EeyoreFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #754
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth
 
Eeee-va's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
Every wait time photo I have seen for Mater's, at least since maybe when Cars Land first opened, has been under 30 minutes. I know this because I am excited about the ride, so I cheer every time I see a wait time under 30 minutes. In fact, Dateline Disneyland recently cited a 15-minute wait at Mater's Junkyard Jamboree as an example of the ride "picking up the slack" while RSR was down. As long as you have more than one day in DCA (just in case Mater's happened to break down--which is unlikely) and as long as you're not going in late August when the Southern California blockouts are lifted, I think you're perfectly fine to wait until later in the day.
Just full disclosure, I did finally see a wait time photo for Mater's at 40 minutes. People seem to be starting to realize how fun the ride is. But I'm still guessing that was probably mid-afternoon. It's still a shorter wait than either of the other 2 Cars Land rides.
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #755
coopersmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 835

Will be interested to hear how the every day EMH for resort guests is working, RE: crowd levels. We are going in late September, and staying on site, so we will be able to use them. What do you think that does to the which park is better on which days algorithm?
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #756
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan
 
disneychrista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 11,671

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post
Will be interested to hear how the every day EMH for resort guests is working, RE: crowd levels. We are going in late September, and staying on site, so we will be able to use them. What do you think that does to the which park is better on which days algorithm?
From what I am reading most are going to DCA/Carsland, over going to Disneyland.

By late September this every day either park might change. The promotion was only through September 13th. And started off as APEE/EMH switching parks but due to low crowds on APEE days they decided to change it.

My guess is that after September 13, it will go back to S,T,T,S EMH/MM @ Disneyland and M, W, F EHM @ DCA.
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #757
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran
 
SuzanneSLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA, USA
Posts: 3,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
From what I am reading most are going to DCA/Carsland, over going to Disneyland.

By late September this every day either park might change. The promotion was only through September 13th. And started off as APEE/EMH switching parks but due to low crowds on APEE days they decided to change it.

My guess is that after September 13, it will go back to S,T,T,S EMH/MM @ Disneyland and M, W, F EHM @ DCA.
The Disney Parks blog from June was updated last week to say that early admission for hotel guests was extended to 9/29 and that "means you could enjoy daily access to the brand-new Cars Land!" -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #758
notyou
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Now since hotel guests can go to either park anyday for EMH, they are mostly going to DCA everyday. A few haven't learned and will go to DL on SSTT and DCA MWF.

For an APEE most will probably have used thier EEs over Summer. Their numbers will probably rise after the Summer Blockouts end but go back down as school starts. There are a lot of MM guest going to DL on SSTT, so avoid them on your Tuesday and go with the smaller number of APEEs. Make the best of your DCA EMH with the other EMH resort guests.
Hi, we're staying at Paradise Pier 8/18-20, so we only have Sunday and Monday. I had originally planned to do DL Sunday and DCA Monday, thinking crowds might be lighter Monday and there's no APEE to contend with that day.

But now I realize that the real early entry crowds come from MM, so I should avoid DL on Sundays at all costs. And since APEE turnout has been negligible enough for them to offer EMH (so the story goes), we should do DCA on Sunday?

But I wonder if DCA APEEs are slightly higher on weekends vs Tue/Thu.

Decisions decisions... Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!
notyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #759
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyou View Post
Hi, we're staying at Paradise Pier 8/18-20, so we only have Sunday and Monday. I had originally planned to do DL Sunday and DCA Monday, thinking crowds might be lighter Monday and there's no APEE to contend with that day.

But now I realize that the real early entry crowds come from MM, so I should avoid DL on Sundays at all costs. And since APEE turnout has been negligible enough for them to offer EMH (so the story goes), we should do DCA on Sunday?

But I wonder if DCA APEEs are slightly higher on weekends vs Tue/Thu.

Decisions decisions... Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!
Based on my research you may want to look at DCA on Sunday and DL for Monday, only because 8/20 Monday is the first day all passholders are unblocked following the summer, and the crowd predictions I am reading are expecting a huge DCA attendance on 8/20....although my advice may not be great because Sunday 8/19 looks to be an equally busy day in both parks...
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #760
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
Just full disclosure, I did finally see a wait time photo for Mater's at 40 minutes. People seem to be starting to realize how fun the ride is. But I'm still guessing that was probably mid-afternoon. It's still a shorter wait than either of the other 2 Cars Land rides.
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree sustains 15-30 minutes waits. However there have been times when RSR and LFT have closed and MJJ along with ToT and CS waits go way up. This isn't common but when RSR shuts down full and they empty the line a few thousands guests go to the neighboring attractions.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #761
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 5,489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
Just full disclosure, I did finally see a wait time photo for Mater's at 40 minutes. People seem to be starting to realize how fun the ride is. But I'm still guessing that was probably mid-afternoon. It's still a shorter wait than either of the other 2 Cars Land rides.
FWIW I waited about 25 min in a full queue yesterday afternoon around 1PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyou View Post
Hi, we're staying at Paradise Pier 8/18-20, so we only have Sunday and Monday. I had originally planned to do DL Sunday and DCA Monday, thinking crowds might be lighter Monday and there's no APEE to contend with that day.

But now I realize that the real early entry crowds come from MM, so I should avoid DL on Sundays at all costs. And since APEE turnout has been negligible enough for them to offer EMH (so the story goes), we should do DCA on Sunday?

But I wonder if DCA APEEs are slightly higher on weekends vs Tue/Thu.

Decisions decisions... Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!
I'm gonna agree with jcarwash and say that Monday the 20th will be more crowded than the 19th because of AP holders who have bee blocked out all summer finally being allowed back in, especially to see the new additions. Your best bet is to DCA on Sunday and DL on Monday, unless you have hoppers in which I would start both days at DCA.
__________________
Fight On! Go Trojans
WDW CM: Summer 2011; DLR CM: August 2014-?
Bouncy!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 AM   #762
notyou
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
I'm gonna agree with jcarwash and say that Monday the 20th will be more crowded than the 19th because of AP holders who have bee blocked out all summer finally being allowed back in, especially to see the new additions. Your best bet is to DCA on Sunday and DL on Monday, unless you have hoppers in which I would start both days at DCA.
Ahh, I forgot to look at the AP calendar. So APEE shouldn't even be a factor at DCA on Sunday, or at least no SoCal AP holders will be there. Woot. And hopefully all those same SoCal AP holders hit DCA after their long blackout period. Oh, maybe not if they can't use their APEE that day. But they wouldn't want to "waste" their APEE on DL, right? So then it's likely we wouldn't have any competition for early entrance Monday (no MM, which is probably a way bigger factor than APEE). Sweeeet.

Thanks everyone!
notyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #763
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger
 
DLR29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 5,489

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyou View Post
Ahh, I forgot to look at the AP calendar. So APEE shouldn't even be a factor at DCA on Sunday, or at least no SoCal AP holders will be there. Woot. And hopefully all those same SoCal AP holders hit DCA after their long blackout period. Oh, maybe not if they can't use their APEE that day. But they wouldn't want to "waste" their APEE on DL, right? So then it's likely we wouldn't have any competition for early entrance Monday (no MM, which is probably a way bigger factor than APEE). Sweeeet.

Thanks everyone!
AP holders get 1 APEE for DCA and 1 for DL during the time frame, so it's not "wasting" their APEE.
__________________
Fight On! Go Trojans
WDW CM: Summer 2011; DLR CM: August 2014-?
Bouncy!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #764
notyou
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
AP holders get 1 APEE for DCA and 1 for DL during the time frame, so it's not "wasting" their APEE.
Ah, I missed that. But still, no MM. :-}
notyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #765
mj23cj
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 50

Wow to new information!! So I am staying at DLH and going to the parks Wed Aug 8th & Thurs Aug 9th. I originally planned to go to DCA Wed and DL Thurs but I should switch them now right? I assume hotel guest will be told this upon checkin making Carsland equally busy for EMH each day of the week but DL will be less crowded MWF due to no MMers. So should we switch? I think I would rather go to DL first anyways (we are not park hopping) to take in the whole we are at Disneyland feel!! TIA!!
mj23cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: