Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #31
Vickie46
DIS Veteran

We also had the worst view at WL.. the overlooking I guess you would say the service center or where trucks come and go all the time.... I HATED IT... I guess we didn't get a pic of it either... I was also moved... I cried myself to the front desk! I wasn't going to pay that much money and stay there.. plus the smell on the balcony was awful and the phone didn't work in our room... we told them to check us out and move us to CSR.. they moved us the next morning to a courtyard. We loved it!
Vickie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #32
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Ok out of the pics so far I think I win...

This reminds me of my stay at the SWAN. We had a view of the roof! Loved the hotel, but not the view. When I stay there again, I will be paying extra for resort view.

Contemporary, All Star Sports, Swan & Dolphin, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Hilton Bonnet Creek & and coming soon: POP Century!
G8r4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #33
LowesChevy
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize

Yes, the Swan/Dolphin view is of the Convention Hall loading dock-thats one horrible view!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #34
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8r4evr View Post
This reminds me of my stay at the SWAN. We had a view of the roof! Loved the hotel, but not the view. When I stay there again, I will be paying extra for resort view.
We had a view of the roof at the Dolphin! When the ac units kicked on it kept us up all night long
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #35
HugsForEeyore
Heck with the rides, give me some rare characters!
Oh well, not much we can do - the onion already took over the world

Red face Here's one for the worst view ever!

This horrid view was posted in a thread from a few days ago. It is soooo bad that it has to be shared - hope the OP doesn't mind! Views this awful truly do exist!! This is a Wilderness Lodge standard view room:

The original post is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1668643

Talk about claustrophobia!!

I am staying at Wilderness Lodge in 3 weeks, and I am so glad I booked a courtyard view, since there is NO WAY I can get that room!!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #36
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugsForEeyore View Post
This horrid view was posted in a thread from a few days ago. It is soooo bad that it has to be shared - hope the OP doesn't mind! Views this awful truly do exist!! This is a Wilderness Lodge standard view room:

The original post is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1668643

Talk about claustrophobia!!

I am staying at Wilderness Lodge in 3 weeks, and I am so glad I booked a courtyard view, since there is NO WAY I can get that room!!

Looks like the view I had at the SWAN. It seems like these rooms would be classified as "limited view" rather than standard...I know the US resorts have a limited view category...Im guessing Disney doesnt?

Contemporary, All Star Sports, Swan & Dolphin, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Hilton Bonnet Creek & and coming soon: POP Century!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #37
twinboysmommy
TGM Groupie

In July 2005 we took our twins on their 2nd trip to the World. The summer before we'd stayed at ASMovies and had enjoyed it. But after a great discount came up we decided to stay at AKL. We thought we'd splurge for a water view room. Here is the view from our balcony:

Looking left -

Looking straight -

Looking right -

If you look really, really carefully at the middle picture you can just barely see the blue from the pool.

My parents were traveling with us in the room next door and believe it or not, they had a semi-decent view of the pool! We did talk to the manager, but our twins were napping and by then it was just too late (and too much effort) to move everything. When we returned from our trip, I printed these pictures off and mailed them with a nice letter of complaint and suggested that this "water view" room may not be one anymore due to the growth of the trees. Somebody actually called and talked to me about it and they agreed that at one point it probably WAS a water view room. They kindly refunded us the difference between the standard view and water view prices.

Luckily, that was our "worst" view (at least so far - knock on wood!).

Kristie

July 2011 ~ Dream 4-night Bahamas
June 2009 ~ Wonder 4-night Bahamas
twinboysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #38
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboysmommy View Post
In July 2005 we took our twins on their 2nd trip to the World. The summer before we'd stayed at ASMovies and had enjoyed it. But after a great discount came up we decided to stay at AKL. We thought we'd splurge for a water view room. Here is the view from our balcony:

Looking left -

Looking straight -

Looking right -

If you look really, really carefully at the middle picture you can just barely see the blue from the pool.

My parents were traveling with us in the room next door and believe it or not, they had a semi-decent view of the pool! We did talk to the manager, but our twins were napping and by then it was just too late (and too much effort) to move everything. When we returned from our trip, I printed these pictures off and mailed them with a nice letter of complaint and suggested that this "water view" room may not be one anymore due to the growth of the trees. Somebody actually called and talked to me about it and they agreed that at one point it probably WAS a water view room. They kindly refunded us the difference between the standard view and water view prices.

Luckily, that was our "worst" view (at least so far - knock on wood!).

Kristie
Yikes, yeah that room has definitely evolved into what I would call "garden view" room LOL.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #39
purpliequeen
DIS Veteran

Love this thread. Very original and too funny. I'm sorry I don't have any pics to share. We've been pretty lucky (knock on wood). What I love best about this thread is everyone's attitude. No bashing Disney or witch-slapping.
~Dec. '05~ Saratoga Springs Resort
~Aug. '06~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge
~June '07~ Beach Club Villas
~Dec. '08 - Jan. '09~ Yacht Club & Grand Floridian
~Jan. '10~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas Concierge
~Dec. '10~ Christmas at Boardwalk Villas
~Mar. '11~ Bay Lake Tower
~Dec. '11~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
purpliequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #40
RACHELSMOM1
DIS Veteran

No bad views at WDW

Who has time to enjoy a view at WDW resorts? We are so busy, our room is a place to nap, shower, change, and lay our heads down at night after a busy day at the parks!! As long as my room is clean, the water runs hot and cold, and the toilet works, I have never concerned myself with the view. I guess I have never even thought about the view. This is why we don't spend the money on deluxe resorts, it would just seem so pointless to spend the extra money....

PRINCESSES CAN HAVE DOWN SYNDROME, TOO!!
RACHELSMOM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #41
twinboysmommy
TGM Groupie

I can only speak for us personally, but at the time we paid for the water view - or what we thought was a water view! - it was because our twins were still very young and we knew they'd take a solid 2 to 2 1/2 hour nap each afternoon and we knew they'd pass out early each night!

We wanted a nice balcony with a view to relax while they were napping/falling asleep.

With the view we had, we just pretended we were in the Amazon jungle instead!

July 2011 ~ Dream 4-night Bahamas
June 2009 ~ Wonder 4-night Bahamas
twinboysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #42
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACHELSMOM1 View Post
Who has time to enjoy a view at WDW resorts? We are so busy, our room is a place to nap, shower, change, and lay our heads down at night after a busy day at the parks!! As long as my room is clean, the water runs hot and cold, and the toilet works, I have never concerned myself with the view. I guess I have never even thought about the view. This is why we don't spend the money on deluxe resorts, it would just seem so pointless to spend the extra money....
Different strokes for different folks. Wonderful that WDW has rooms to suit each desire.
Zippa D Doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:46 PM   #43
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Love this thread....am fortunate, cause I have no pics to share, and I hope I never do!
For us, view is important, adds to the whole resort stay experience...however, I wouldnt pay hundreds more for a water view, always book "garden" (or something equivalent depending on resort) and hope for an upgrade.
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
DisneyBride'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #44
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

When we first started going, we also didn't care about views since we were in the parks almost all of the time. Now we take breaks in the afternoon more and really try to enjoy the resort for a non park rest day in the middle of our trip. Also I love to sit on the balcony with my morning coffee and take in the view while the boys and DH are getting ready. So a great view is very important to me now. I definitely would have asked to be moved if I had gotten one of those really bad views, like of roofs or service areas. I know someone has to have them, but they should not expect people to pay top dollar for them. Views that bad should be offered at a great discount due to the total lack of view. They should be given a new view catagory-NO VIEW!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #45
Gillian
I'm the only crazy disney person in my family
Lost her tag...oops, found one!
Next there will be peacock sightings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACHELSMOM1 View Post
We have paid more for deluxe rooms so we could have a place to relax while our young kids were napping or going to bed before us. Having a nice view with a glass of wine and a minute or two of adult conversation is worth the $$!

This last trip we stayed at Pop century and actually had a nice view but no way to enjoy it. That room was so cheap (value season with a discount) that it was totally worth it, but we miss have a balcony.
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: