Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #31
DISNEYFOS
DIS Veteran

I'm in!! We are going to Vero Beach in April and I'd love to look okay in a bathingsuit and loose the baby weight!

Name: Donna
Type of diet: Restricted Calories (Use Nutrawatch.com to record calories vs exercise)
Excercise: Eliptical 30 mins 4 times a week, Arm Exercises, Situps
Start date of diet: 1/1/08
Goal: 130
Weight at start of diet: 147
Weight loss to date: 2 lbs (145)
Old 01-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #32
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

ok, I'm in too... already started to buy the healthy foods ha! ha! getting rid of the bad one
Name: Nathalie
Diet: to speed up my metabolism
exercice: Walking
Weight: 250+ (too scared to look)
Obstacles: diet coke and potato chips

Would love to lose 30 pounds by the end of May and then 40 more by October... doable right?

2003- DisneyWorld, off-site / 2004 - DisneyWorld, OKW/
2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
trip report/4 gals and a boy 2008
ChevyNat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #33
dreamer17555
DIS Veteran

I was just thinking about seeing if anyone else was doing something like this! So amazing timing! We are going on our first family trip in April and that means swimming, which means bathing suits which means I need to work out! Also shorts... :: Shudder :: Yeah... I am trying to work out daily for at least 25 mins.

So a big Hello to everyone! And here is my info

Name: Becca
Type of diet: Calorie counting, No eating late, and Drinking nothing but water
Excercise: Walking treadmill, Stationary bike, Crunches
Start date of diet: 1/2/08
Goal: 135
Weight at start of diet: 165
Weight loss to date: 3 lbs (162)

I really think this is a wonderful idea!
dreamer17555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #34
dreamer17555
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebelle View Post
Name: Susie
Hurdles: SAHM--with access to the fridge all day! I love anything sweet.
Exercise: hate it--starting to use pilates machine, Wii and walking tapes.
Starting: 1/3/08
Current weight:170 (that hurt to type)
Goal: 135

Since I gave up my career to be SAHM I have gained 20 pounds (in 14 months!) I am going to start writing down everythig I eat. I hope this will be enlightening. I know I need to eat less and move more. But I need to also make healthier eating choices.

Let's go girls! Group hug!
It hurt to type in my starting weight too but just think about it this way in a few weeks you will never be that weight again! I also gained weight when I became a SAHM (actually lossed, than gained- depression is funny like that) But I am much more upbeat now, new year-new you. It's gonna rock!

-Becca-
Old 01-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #35
dreamer17555
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma'smom View Post
We leave March 7th...I think I can do anything for two months (which is my new approach. If I start to think to long-term then I get frustrated, so my plan it to keep my focus on the two months till we leave!)

Name-Megan

Hurdles- Finding time for exercise and cooking dinner(not relying on prepared food and/or last minute carry-out). Usually breakfast and lunch are fine....it's dinner that trips us up!

If you have one day a week (say a weekend) try to do your cooking then and freeze\fridge it, so when you come home exhausted just pop it in. Also getting bagged salads have worked great for me, I made them and fruit my only easy to grab foods in the house so if I want something quick thats it. I think all of us are going to do great!

-Becca-
Old 01-04-2008, 08:48 AM   #36
dreamer17555
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttessa View Post
Hiya - count me in too please- have done many diets in the past - but gone back up weight wise again and again, and sooooo need to lose quite a few pounds before our trip in April - I know WHAT to do, just need some motivation... those airline seats are not very wide !!

Name:Tessa
mantra - every day in every way I will feel fitter and healthier (and thinner!)

Cheers,
Tessa
I love that Mantra! I am stealing it and posting it on my wall!

-Becca-
Old 01-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #37
dreamer17555
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina_la View Post
Want to lose weight before our Sept 2008 trip. Still trying to lose baby weight from #3 and he'll be 2 this month (moan). Not sure what type of diet or exercise routine to try. I'm only 4'11 so a little weight looks like a lot on me.

weight: don't know/ haven't looked in 2 years
diet plan: walking/ maybe low carb? not sure best route
downfall: sugar
goal: total of prob 50 lbs or so
Are you breast feeding? Because if you are be very careful about what sorta diets you go on, I know because I was an idiot with DD and wanted that baby weight off fast and she started to lose weight because I wasn't providing her what she needed. If sugar is your down fall, ban it from the house, Splenda is okay (still has an after taste to me) but if you really need a sugar fix it will do it. Also don't stress too much, having a new baby is hard work, just enjoy him and go for walks together, that sorta thing.

-Becca-
Old 01-04-2008, 09:52 AM   #38
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer17555 View Post
I love that Mantra! I am stealing it and posting it on my wall!

-Becca-
Thanks Becca - my big diet news of the day(year/decade) I said NO to chocolate!!

If I can do it.....

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
tttessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #39
dreamer17555
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttessa View Post
Thanks Becca - my big diet news of the day(year/decade) I said NO to chocolate!!

If I can do it.....

Tessa

No Chocolate?!?!?!? Oh wow. Yes I need to do that too. Right now I am saying no to sweet tea which is tough for a southern girl like me.

-Becca-
Old 01-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #40
SharpMomOfTwo
DIS Veteran

Hey all - So since everyone was talking up Wii, I was really concidering getting one. First, because its better then just sitting on my butt all day at home (SAHM), and second, because it just looks like fun! So I called, and called, and called every store in the area, and every single store in all of New Jersey is sold out. I could get it online if I really wanted to, but $250 in stores compaired to online prices of $399 plus S&H - I don't think so! Plus, the one that seems like it would be best for cardio - the boxing - you have to get these $50 to $60 gloves for it! I heard the baseball one is really hard to do as well. I don't know, we will see... Its funny though, because I was giving up a christmas gift from DH to get it - a night out at a NYC Bobby Flay restaurant!

Lets Keep Loosing Those Pounds Girls!

Last edited by SharpMomOfTwo; 01-04-2008 at 02:23 PM.
SharpMomOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #41
twins4disney
Mouseketeer

I would love to join in!

Name: Lisa
Type of diet: Counting points-WW, lots of water!!
Excercise: Walking treadmill, crunches
Start date of diet: 12/30/07
Goal: 175
Weight at start of diet: 236.8
Weight loss to date: 6.2
Hurdles: Big stress eater!!!
We are headed to WDW middle of March, I would love to lose ten percent by then.

I am making sure I drink 64 oz of water by noon every day since I started, then the rest of the day I keep on going!

Last edited by twins4disney; 01-04-2008 at 01:46 PM. Reason: typos
twins4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #42
judie
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone - I was going to join you here and mention the great resource of sparkpeople.com but decided to do a quick search at Spark first and found someone had started a team there already. You might want to take a look, its free - they really do have great resources for tracking food, excercise, etc and great people too! - Judie
judie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #43
SharpMomOfTwo
DIS Veteran

Buddying up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by judie View Post
Hi everyone - I was going to join you here and mention the great resource of sparkpeople.com but decided to do a quick search at Spark first and found someone had started a team there already. You might want to take a look, its free - they really do have great resources for tracking food, excercise, etc and great people too! - Judie
I went to the website - seems ok. I still think its a good idea for everyone on here to report in at least once a week and let everyone know how they are doing - were on here all the time anyway, right?!?. Also, I was thinking that we should each have a "buddy" that we chat with over emails about once a week, just to keep each other motivated.
If I get positive feedback on the "buddy" idea, I will group everyone up and let you know who your buddy is.
Let me know!
SharpMomOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #44
dreamer17555
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpMomOfTwo View Post
I went to the website - seems ok. I still think its a good idea for everyone on here to report in at least once a week and let everyone know how they are doing - were on here all the time anyway, right?!?. Also, I was thinking that we should each have a "buddy" that we chat with over emails about once a week, just to keep each other motivated.
If I get positive feedback on the "buddy" idea, I will group everyone up and let you know who your buddy is.
Let me know!
I second the buddy idea! It would really help keep people motivated.

-Becca-
Old 01-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #45
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I'm in:

Name: Kristine
Exercise: Gym (for cardio and weights), water aerobics, and an adult hip hop class
Diet: Weight Watchers
Start Date: 1/1/08
Goal: To be in better shape...and if I lose 35 pounds doing it...so be it! Also I would like to end my addiction to diet soda. Yesterday I made it all day with just 1!!! I have to go slowly due to the headaches
Weight Loss to Date: 3 lbs.
Hurdles: Salty Snack/Diet Soda during nighttime TV addiction and I have PCOS...which always makes it tough to lose weight and keep it off.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: