Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2008, 07:52 AM   #16
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Hiya - count me in too please- have done many diets in the past - but gone back up weight wise again and again, and sooooo need to lose quite a few pounds before our trip in April - I know WHAT to do, just need some motivation... those airline seats are not very wide !!

Name:Tessa
Diet: ELEM - Eat Less, Exercise More
Exercise: mmmmm, not yet......
Hurdles : I hate exercise and love food...
start date 03/01/08
start weight 209 aaaarrrggghhhhh - more than I thought
current weight 209
goal by April08 180
--------------
Updates:
WEEK 1
LOSS THIS WEEK: 1 pound
LOSS SO FAR: 1 pound
CURRENT WEIGHT: 208
My weight loss lags behind by a week - so roll on next week!!
---------------
mantra - every day in every way I will feel fitter and healthier (and thinner!)

Cheers,
Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007

Last edited by tttessa; 01-10-2008 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Update weight loss figure
tttessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #17
emma'smom
P.S. Who would serve turnips at a wedding?

I'm in too!

We leave March 7th...I think I can do anything for two months (which is my new approach. If I start to think to long-term then I get frustrated, so my plan it to keep my focus on the two months till we leave!)

Name-Megan
Age-35
Diet- WW points
Excercise Goal- walking for 45 minutes w/ friend (3x week)
Curves- 30 minutes- 2x-3x per week
Start Date- Today!
Goal- 20lbs by March 7th
Hurdles- Finding time for exercise and cooking dinner(not relying on prepared food and/or last minute carry-out). Usually breakfast and lunch are fine....it's dinner that trips us up!
emma'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #18
bebelle
DIS Veteran

Name: Susie
Hurdles: SAHM--with access to the fridge all day! I love anything sweet.
Exercise: hate it--starting to use pilates machine, Wii and walking tapes.
Starting: 1/3/08
Current weight:170 (that hurt to type)
Goal: 135

Since I gave up my career to be SAHM I have gained 20 pounds (in 14 months!) I am going to start writing down everythig I eat. I hope this will be enlightening. I know I need to eat less and move more. But I need to also make healthier eating choices.

Let's go girls! Group hug!
Old 01-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #19
momof3girls6712
DIS Veteran

I use fitday.com to track my daily food intake. I saw a few of you mentioning writing down your food. I would suggest fitday as it is free and easy.
momof3girls6712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #20
SharpMomOfTwo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3girls6712 View Post
I use fitday.com to track my daily food intake. I saw a few of you mentioning writing down your food. I would suggest fitday as it is free and easy.
I went there - seemed pretty good, but they didn't have some of the food that I eat, like edamame (soy beans).
I'm on day 3 now, and still doing pretty good. Haven't even tried to cheat! The only thing is, I'm on atkins, and already, if I see another piece of red meat I think I may be sick, literally. Every time I eat it, I get the icky feeling like I'm really going to be sick. I think the problam is that I need to have a good amount of greens in my diet at all times, like the edamame and such or else this diet just wont work for me. Any suggestions?
SharpMomOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #21
TinaLala
Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

I've read that some of you are on Atkins...I've done it and I did loose weight, however I was also rushed to the hospital to have my gall bladder out emergency surgery!!!

Be VERY careful of the fat content of the things you eat. It says you can eat bacon and steak, but hello those are very high in fat. Eggs, nuts and things like that high oils, high fat. I can't eat nuts anymore because my body can't digest them properly and never mind about french fries.

Focus more on the veggies and sprinkle in the meats - remember this is a diet you have to be able to do the rest of your life or the weight will just come right back on.

Courage Confidence Character!
http://lalacraftworld.wordpress.com/ - my craft blog!

TinaLala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #22
ljhmom
Mouseketeer

I'm in too!

Name: Lori
Diet: Cut out junk food and stop eating late.
hurdles to overcome: Lack of exercise, trying to get up at 5 am to walk on treadmill.
Exercise: Wii, treadmill
Start date: 1/3/2008
Goal: 200 to start with
Weight at start: 240
Weight loss to date
Old 01-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #23
SharpMomOfTwo
DIS Veteran

Ok, people listing Wii as excercise... is it true? Can you really excercise with that thing?? I'd love to get it for the tennis because I was a competative HS and College tennis player, and DH.. well... sucks. I found a place online that sells it with the "sports package" of tennis, boxing, bowling, golf, baseball, and I think something else... It was $399 - is that a good price? If its something that I can seriously get a good workout with in my home with the curtains drawn, and its fun, I'm totally into it! Let me know fellow Wii users!
SharpMomOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #24
Not so Dumbo
DIS Veteran

I lost 60lbs before baby #3 and then gained back 50lbs. Going to Disney in May '08 and would like to take off at least 40lbs by then. I'm having a hardtime already eventhough I'm excercising daily I'm not loosing any weight.

Name: Kim
Diet: excercise, low carb diet, more water consumption, no eating after 7p
Hurdles to overcome: stress eating and sugar/chocolate addiction
Excercise: 30min (to start) of stationary bike everyday.
Goal: 40+ lbs.
Start date: 11/24/07
Weight at start: 242
Weight lost: 2lbs
Old 01-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #25
Not so Dumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3girls6712 View Post
Thank you for mentioning this. I signed up! It looks like it could be very helpful.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #26
momof3girls6712
DIS Veteran

On fitday you can enter custom labels for any item that is not listed. It takes a few minutes, but if you are obsessive like me its worth it. If not forget the hassle.

As far as receipes, I get all of my atkins meals from this great site

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

As far as support and help with the Atkins way of life

http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com

We started atkins after my hubby had his acl in his knee replaced. We have read the book and frequent the ADBD forums for help. Since June, we have never cheated and I have lost 45ish pounds and my hubby around 80. Since he has been closely watched by his doctor I can say we have seen no negative effects. All his blood results have improved. But we follow the diet to the letter and have a doctor involved in the process.
momof3girls6712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #27
AMaloy314
Married to Prince Charming
I'm blowing! I'm blowing! Anyone else feeling faint?
Bad luck, the TF sees everything ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpMomOfTwo View Post
Ok, people listing Wii as excercise... is it true? Can you really excercise with that thing?? I'd love to get it for the tennis because I was a competative HS and College tennis player, and DH.. well... sucks. I found a place online that sells it with the "sports package" of tennis, boxing, bowling, golf, baseball, and I think something else... It was $399 - is that a good price? If its something that I can seriously get a good workout with in my home with the curtains drawn, and its fun, I'm totally into it! Let me know fellow Wii users!
I call using the Wii exercise because it is totally more workout than I would be getting without it. Am I getting a 'good' workout? Well, my heartbeat goes up and after about 20 minutes of boxing, my arms hurt. So for out of shape me, it is a good workout. I don't know how much of a challenge the tennis is going to be for you since you are obviously very good, but it is fun.

As far as the deal goes that you found online, it isn't a very good deal at all. The standard Wii console comes with the Wii Sports and (when you can find it) runs $249. The challenge is finding one in stock somewhere. Hopefully, it will be easier now that the holidays are over.

I am excited about the fitness game that is supposed to be coming out for the Wii. I think if you google WiiFit, it comes up. The game is going to run about $70 and come with a balance board. I'm just not sure I want to have my whole family comparing weights. With a kindergartner, I can just hear the playground discussions about how much mommy weighs!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #28
flipflop
Mommy is changing her name
I am wondering if there is something we should be looking out for

I'm in!! We are headed to WDW in late Nov./early Dec. 2008. I would like to take off at least 20 prior to summer here in NJ.

Name: Jill
Diet: WW, drinking more water
Hurdles to overcome: stopping emotional/stress eating, not eating anything left in the firm's kitchen
Excercise: 1 hour of cardio/weight training, 3 days a week
Goal: 40 lbs.
Start date: 1/4/07
Weight at start: 175
Weight lost: 0

DH Me DD (4) DS(4) DS (4)
flipflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #29
momz
DIS Veteran

i'll give it a try

the on-line support will be helpful. I am a part time worker. i work about 50 hours/2 weeks, but it is all 10-12 hour shifts. I have 2 kids 6 and 4, and we are going to WDW in 3 weeks!!!! so my expectations are fairly for weight loss prior to our trip, but I have are greater incentive of better health and more energy in general. so here goes.

starting weight 210
current weight 208
plan: sparkpeople and walking. i walked in a local mini-marathon a couple of years ago, i would like to be able to do that again.

thanks for getting this started.
momz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #30
momz
DIS Veteran

i'll give it a try

oops

Last edited by momz; 01-03-2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: duplicate
momz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: