Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #751
Futurist
REAL magic is when you can make people WANT to believe!

Water temp

What a blast!

My DW and I got off the ship this morning totally exhausted, and totally blissed out! And, unfortunately, had to come back to reality - at least somewhat. We're sticking around in Florida for a while.

Lots to say, but let me comment on water temperature. I went snorkling in St. Thomas (Captain Nautica's - very much recommended). The water was shivery-cool when I first got in, but was fine once you got over the shock. I spent about 80-90 minutes in the water wearing only snorkle gear and trunks, as did the other members of the group.

I waded out into the water at CC, but it was too cool for me. My DW, who loves the water, waded out for quite a while and said that once you got used to it, it was fine. I also saw people (in the distance) paragliding. I had originally booked to do that, but was advised by someone from DCL that the water was likely to be cool, so cancelled.

I saw lots of kids swimming at the family beach, but then, as my Dad always said, "No sense, no feeling."

My assessment: Swimming is fine in the tropics (south of roughly 23 degrees latitude), but questionable from CC north.

Hope this helps.

Richard
Disney Dream – Feb. 6-10, 2011
Disney Fantasy – Maiden Voyage, March 31-April 7, 2012; February 8th-15th, 2014
Disney Wonder, Jan. 28-Feb. 2, 2013
EBPC, Disney Wonder, Sept. 12th-26th, 2014 (36th anniversary celebration)
Futurist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #752
Georji
Mouseketeer

Did any of you all meet up? I thought I saw a few of you, but wasn't gutsy enough to say anything! Anyway, everyone have a blast?? We sure did And are tremendously blown away as to the service, product and productions Disney has offered us!!

Georji is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2009, 08:04 AM   #753
Bytor01
Mouseketeer

Funny, I was looking and trying to see anybody who had posted pictures but I did not see anyone. I am always amazed at how the boat looks with 2500 people on it, plus the 1000 crew. It never looks crowded.

Tim

I will be posting a trip report myself and have just started it. Here is the url for it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2070621

Last edited by Bytor01; 01-25-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Bytor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #754
TaniaU
Mouseketeer

Had a great time!!! If any one saw a little boy with a black eye that was Jet We managed to turn a 6 hour flight to Florida into a 24 hour journey that included 3 fights and a trip to the Denver childrens hospital for 3 stitches (everything was okay though)

I'll write up a trip report

DCL Jan 2009!
DCL Feb 2011!
DCL Sept 2012!
TaniaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #755
Georji
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaniaU View Post
Had a great time!!! If any one saw a little boy with a black eye that was Jet We managed to turn a 6 hour flight to Florida into a 24 hour journey that included 3 fights and a trip to the Denver childrens hospital for 3 stitches (everything was okay though)

We saw him! My hubby and I saw him and thought how happy he looked with such a huge shiner!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #756
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

Thanks so much for the water temp report!
Good to know! I am booked for the eastern next year and already counting down!

Glad to hear you all had fun!

And seriously - someone brought 20 pairs of shoes?!?!?! LOL.
We each had 2 pairs - my daughter had sneakers and flip flops and I had good sandals and crocs! LOL.

Sept 2015 - Disney Wonder Hawaii
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Dec 2013 - Disneyland
May 2013 -Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean
March 2013 -AKL Jambo Studio & AKL Jambo Concierge, & POR Princess Room
March 2012 -Disney Wonder Mexico
March 2012 - Disneyland
May 2011 - Disney Wonder Alaska
Apr 2010 - Disneyland
Jan 2010 -Disneyland
Jan 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean
Jan 2009 - POFQ
Jan 2008 - POP
April 2007 - Disneyland
Sept 2000 - Disneyland
Jan 2000 -BWV Studio
Sept 1994 - All Star Sports
April 1977 -Contemporary

Lollipop's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #757
Georji
Mouseketeer

Ok, here's some pictures!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&id=516389226

Here's Disney World:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&id=516389226

Old 01-26-2009, 06:05 AM   #758
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaniaU View Post

OMG! We saw you too. My DH was the one in the ECV that makes noises like Donald Duck. He knew your entire ordeal so someone in your party at least spoke to him. We ran into you on the stairs. You (or someone in your party) was reprimanding him that he was running up the steps into people. You said something about both eyes being open so he had no excuse. And yes, it did look like he was having a great time!! Glad things are going well now.

Christal and I ran into each other on pirate night. Our DDs played together in the kids club one day.

We had an awesome time!!! And we are booked for the Western on November 28th this year. Then DH made me promise not to book another cruise for at least a year unless it was the DVC member cruise. We'll see how that goes. It was our first cruise and we're hooked.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #759
TaniaU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
OMG! We saw you too. My DH was the one in the ECV that makes noises like Donald Duck. He knew your entire ordeal so someone in your party at least spoke to him. We ran into you on the stairs. You (or someone in your party) was reprimanding him that he was running up the steps into people. You said something about both eyes being open so he had no excuse. And yes, it did look like he was having a great time!! Glad things are going well now.
Sounds like something I'd say to him The kid needs to learn that there are other people in the world besides him.

Your DH probably spoke to my DH, he's a social butterfly.

DCL Jan 2009!
DCL Feb 2011!
DCL Sept 2012!
TaniaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #760
Futurist
REAL magic is when you can make people WANT to believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georji View Post
Did any of you all meet up? I thought I saw a few of you, but wasn't gutsy enough to say anything! Anyway, everyone have a blast?? We sure did And are tremendously blown away as to the service, product and productions Disney has offered us!!
MJ came up and introduced herself (which was much appreciated by a newbie), and I suspect we met a number of others from this forum as my wife speaks to everyone, and we both like kids (as long as we don't have to look after them!). I am the 6' tall guy with the greying pony tail, and the red Disney "Guest of Honor" badge with my name, Richard, on it. Jacky has short, reddish-brown hair, glasses, stands about 5'2", and has an English accent.

We got the nicest compliment on the last day, just before disembarking. A woman with a small child said that her daughter (not the child with her) had said that we were the "cutest couple on the ship" and she hoped that she was as happy "when she was their (our) age". Not sure if I like being "cute" and always think I'm too young to be referred to as "their age," but it was a fine compliment anyway, and we certainly are very happy. In any event, we had fun, met some really neat folks, and came away happy and exhausted from getting up early (to see the sun rise) and partying late. Somehow, the long midday naps didn't happen - or at least, happen enough.

Richard
Disney Dream – Feb. 6-10, 2011
Disney Fantasy – Maiden Voyage, March 31-April 7, 2012; February 8th-15th, 2014
Disney Wonder, Jan. 28-Feb. 2, 2013
EBPC, Disney Wonder, Sept. 12th-26th, 2014 (36th anniversary celebration)
Futurist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #761
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

OMG...how do you guys have pics up already....hubby and DD's picked us up at the airport and we got home about 7 pm on Saturday night and was invited out to dinner with friends (thank goodness...got out of cooking another night!!) and then Sunday was unpacking and cleaning the house!!! Monday back to work!!!!

hopefully tomorrow I will post some pics as I am off work for the day.

I ran into a few of you guys but Georji I know I did not see you at all anywhere!!!

My cousin and I had a fab time....just as great as the other 16 DCL cruises I have been on (that was her first). We spent a lot of time in Sessions before dinner and it was so nice and relaxing. Richard, it was lovely meeting you and Jacky in the theatre for a chat!!!

I did the 12 Metre Regatta in St. Maarten and it was great!!!

Did the Atlantis Submarine in St. Thomas and that was interesting....did not see quite as many creatures as I had hoped but our guide was great and he keep it entertaining!!! Also got to do the gondola to the top of St. Thomas just before the storm rolled in....got some pics on the way up and then walked around for a few minutes...next thing you know there is no visibility and it is pouring.....gladly I got the pics I wanted already. The people coming up did not look too happy though!!! They had no view at all but clouds!!!

We did Palo brunch on Monday at 10:30 and were waitlisted for Palo Dinner and they fit us in on Pirate night at 8:30...dinner went late so we were watching the fireworks from Palo window. Food was awesome!!!

Did not want to come back on Saturday!!!

Anybody rebook onboard???

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:32 AM   #762
CJH1102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great pics!! Don't you just love facebook It's the best way to share pictures. I hate we didn't have a eet up on the ship with our group.
CJH1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #763
CJH1102
Mouseketeer

[Christal and I ran into each other on pirate night. Our DDs played together in the kids club one day.

We had an awesome time!!! And we are booked for the Western on November 28th this year. Then DH made me promise not to book another cruise for at least a year unless it was the DVC member cruise. We'll see how that goes. It was our first cruise and we're hooked.[/QUOTE]

Allison, I hate we couldn't find each other earlier in the cruise. My DD kept insisting that we look for you at the Mickey pool but we had no luck. I'm glad we found you on pirate night, she was thrilled to find your DD in the kids lab once I told her who to look for.
CJH1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #764
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
talk about chafing!

I felt bad too. My DD had so much more fun with someone that she knew in the kids club! We went to the Mickey pool only a couple of times. It got so crowded that my DD got frustrated and wanted to leave. You're right that its a shame we couldn't have hooked up earlier.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #765
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
talk about chafing!

Quote:
OMG!! Georji, I ran into you several times and never knew it was you. I'll post pictures so you know who I am. I think I spoke to you the first or second night in the Guest Services line. How funny is that?
Now if I can throw my DH off the computer with the pictures on it, I will post.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: