Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #61
fltink
Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!!!!

I guess I am a little confused. I have only ever used the DIS Boards before, so I am wondering, is the forum that you created different in some way? Do we post there INSTEAD of here?
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
April '03 7 N Eastern Carib Bday Magic
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
Feb '04 7 N Western Carib Valentine's Magic
Sept '05 7 N Western Carib WEDDING Magic!!!!
Sept '07 7 N Eastern Carib 2 Yr Anniversary Magic
Jan '09 7 N Western Carib Magic
Sept '09 7 N Eastern Carib 4 Yr Anniversary Magic
July '10 4 N Wonder
Oct '10 4 N Halloween Wonder
Jan '11 3 N Preview Cast Dream

Next cruise.....
Sept '13 14 N Panama Wonder (8 Yr Anniversary!!!)
fltink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:55 AM   #62
fltink

So we are now, officially, 100% booked! (Yay!) My mother in-law, sister in-law and niece are in a Category 11, cabin #6521. My best friend, David and sister in-law, Dee are in Category 11, Cabin #6515. (Those are both those funky side-ways cabins! We have stayed in them before and loved them. They seem to have more space, even though they don't!) My husband and I are in a Category 10, #7505. Here's one thing I am wondering, though... would I be more likely to get upgraded if I booked them as GTY status instead? This is the firts time we have ever NOT been GTY and I am wondering....are they just as likely to upgrade us with Cabin numbers attatched, or not so much???? Anyone know???

Also, I have the most phenominal story about our airfare! I had heard that Spirit Airlines was having a $30 each way sale, so I logged on to try and book the six of us who would be coming from Boston. As I am entering the info, I am noticing that the price of the flight is coming up as $0.00. Wierd....so I complete the booking and guess what??? We ONLY had to pay the taxes and surcharges! We ended up paying $252 TOTAL for the six of us to fly roundtrip! I guess Spirit was having some kind of Red Light Sale where a very limited number of seats were booked for just $1.00 a seat or something, and I happened to stumble upon it! How psyched are we?!?!?!? So I recomend to anyone looking for airfare, check out spiritair.com and check frequently!
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
July '10 4 N Wonder

Next cruise.....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #63
fltink

Wow......it's quiet around here....
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
July '10 4 N Wonder

Next cruise.....
Old 06-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #64
fltink

Am I really the only one here??????? This is wierd.
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
July '10 4 N Wonder

Next cruise.....
Old 06-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #65
toddlerhouse
Mouseketeer

We're here... counting down.
OKW Aug 2008 7 days
Disney Magic 7 day Western June 2009
BWV June 2009 6 days
WL 12-2009 7 days
Oasis of the Seas (RCCL) Western Oct 2010
Allure of the Seas (RCCL) Western March 2011
Saratoga Springs March 2012 7 days
Freedom of the Seas (RCCL) March 2013

toddlerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #66
fltink

If my numbers are correct, we have 288 days to go! I can not wait! Now that have officially booked, my whole family is in major cruise planning mode. We will discuss the cruise CONSTANTLY until about 4 months after we come back from it!

Yetserday I booked our resort for the night of the 16th and our rental van form Avis. So now we have deposits down, dining rotation requested, flights paid for, car and hotel booked. Time to start looking at excursions. Plus the other great thing about being booked for January is that we can take advantage of all of those end of summer sales in all the stores! Can't wait!!!
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
July '10 4 N Wonder

Next cruise.....
Old 06-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #67
JenKatt
Geek in training

It's hard for me to post regularly with an 8 month old and working. We haven't even started planning since we're not sure who's coming still. Right now with have a Cat 3 booked for the 4 of us, but my brother and grandmother may be joining us. This will be the first cruise with our son (who will be 15-16 months at sailing) so things will be very different for us. No diving this time and more family activities. We'll still do high tea, brunch and a Palo's dinner (can't give those up), but our shore excursions will be very different.
Speaking of which, I need to get said son's passport done soon!

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #68
fltink

Well, as of right now, we have 7 people going, but we could get up to as high as 18 of us! We'll have to wait and see who joins in!
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
July '10 4 N Wonder

Next cruise.....
Old 06-12-2008, 05:57 AM   #69
itutorfortravel
I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addiction!

hi everyone...i just realized i haven't posted here since we changed our cruise date. we have moved our date to may so we have longer to save and also watch dd's school absences a little longer to be sure we're "okay" pulling her out. i hope all of you have a great time and i will surely be thinking about you that week...and probably wishing i had stuck with january so i didn't have to wait another 5 months!!!
itutorfortravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #70
fltink

219 days left to go! I knwo it seems like a long time, but I swear, it's ALREADY flying by! I just took advantage of the Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual Sale and stocked up on mini-hand sanitizers, air-fresheners and sun products! Yay!
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
July '10 4 N Wonder

Next cruise.....
Old 06-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #71
fltink

Happy 210 days, everyone!!!!! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer weather and that it puts you in the cruise mood!!!!
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
July '10 4 N Wonder

Next cruise.....
Old 06-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #72
Georji
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist View Post
Hi all!

This will be my DW's and my first ever cruise, and (obviously) first on DCL. Really psyched about it - my DW doesn't want to know details, but I'm a commando-planner-type, so obsess about everything.

We're going to celebrate our 30th anniversary - anyone else there for an anniversary?

Richard
WOO HOO! We'll be celebrating our 8th! I know it's not a milestone or anything, but sometime I feel like it could be a miracle of some sort!

Georji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #73
Georji
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensjro View Post
We've been on two DCL cruises now. On one it was just after noon and the other just before noon I believe. I think it varries a bit depending on when the ship gets into port and how quickly they get everything turned around.

We prefer to arrive when the port opens (10am) just to avoid the crowds. By 11am it is getting pretty packed in the terminal and if you don't have a seat you won't get one. They have tv's with cartoons for the kids, coloring pages, and characters come out for photo ops.

Jim
I agree ... of course I'm obsessive early to everything person! I'm working on it in therapy ... kidding of course. I just think it's so cool that Disney is so keen on kids ... we'll have iPods for our kids so they can watch their movies and listen to their music ... but to think that they have other things for the kids is GREAT! LOVE DISNEY!

Old 06-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #74
Georji
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensjro View Post
Welcome to all the new folks on the cruise. And a special welcome to our fellow NC'ers!

Our daughter will be 6 for the cruise (actually turning 6 in a couple of weeks). Are there any other 6 year olds who would like to exchange some letters between now and the cruise?

Also, we would love to sit with fellow DISers at dinner if anyone is interested. We have late seating and are a small family of 3. If you are interested send me a PM and we can see about linking our dinners together.

Jim
Sorry I'm so far behind everyone ... trying to catch up!

I tried to pm this to you but it said I didn't have enough posts so here it is:

Hey there ... I noticed that you were looking at maybe doing a pen pal thing for your 6 year old daughter ... my son just turned 7 last week and we'll be on the Jan 19, 09 Magic Eastern Carribbean cruise ... that could be lots of fun! We also have one who will be 6 at the time of the cruise. Let me know if you'd be interested!

I think it's so neat how they get post cards from Mickey every now and again ... they're so excited!

Take care,
Georji

Old 06-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #75
Georji
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltink View Post
So we are now, officially, 100% booked! (Yay!) My mother in-law, sister in-law and niece are in a Category 11, cabin #6521. My best friend, David and sister in-law, Dee are in Category 11, Cabin #6515. (Those are both those funky side-ways cabins! We have stayed in them before and loved them. They seem to have more space, even though they don't!) My husband and I are in a Category 10, #7505. Here's one thing I am wondering, though... would I be more likely to get upgraded if I booked them as GTY status instead? This is the firts time we have ever NOT been GTY and I am wondering....are they just as likely to upgrade us with Cabin numbers attatched, or not so much???? Anyone know???

Also, I have the most phenominal story about our airfare! I had heard that Spirit Airlines was having a $30 each way sale, so I logged on to try and book the six of us who would be coming from Boston. As I am entering the info, I am noticing that the price of the flight is coming up as $0.00. Wierd....so I complete the booking and guess what??? We ONLY had to pay the taxes and surcharges! We ended up paying $252 TOTAL for the six of us to fly roundtrip! I guess Spirit was having some kind of Red Light Sale where a very limited number of seats were booked for just $1.00 a seat or something, and I happened to stumble upon it! How psyched are we?!?!?!? So I recomend to anyone looking for airfare, check out spiritair.com and check frequently!
WOW! Way to go TINK! That's amazing! We used our airline mileage and the 4 of us are flying down for $40.00 from Spokane, WA ... but that's using 100,000 miles!! You totally win!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: