Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #46
itutorfortravel
I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addiction!

We're Going!

Hi everyone, my family is going on this cruise (hubby, me and DD age 6). Looks like there are a few other girls in the same age range, so my daughter will be really excited to know she will be able to make some new friends! We are from NC and have 3 days off from school the week of this cruise so it seemed like the perfect time to go. I hope the weather is good

Last edited by itutorfortravel; 04-01-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: add content
itutorfortravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #47
mlund2020@earthlink.
Earning My Ears

Hello itutor,

We are also from NC and I have three girls on this cruise. The two youngest are 5 and 6. They met lots of new friends this past January and are very anxious to meet more friends. My 11 year old enjoyed being free to roam.

We are working on adding to our group.

The 5 cousins (all boys) are also coming ages 14,12,9,7,and 5, and of course their parents.

We are also surprising the grandparents at Christmas with a Disney Cruise with the whole gang.

Can't wait to get back on the boat. It's a little bit of heaven
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2008, 08:23 AM   #48
owensjro
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the new folks on the cruise. And a special welcome to our fellow NC'ers!

Our daughter will be 6 for the cruise (actually turning 6 in a couple of weeks). Are there any other 6 year olds who would like to exchange some letters between now and the cruise?

Also, we would love to sit with fellow DISers at dinner if anyone is interested. We have late seating and are a small family of 3. If you are interested send me a PM and we can see about linking our dinners together.

Jim
owensjro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #49
Bytor01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist View Post
Hi ByTor01!

We're first time cruisers, and also staying in cat. 3. Which room do you have? We've got 8048, and I admit am a little nervous about noise on the deck above us.

Richard

Sorry haven't been around in a while. We are in Rm 8548, also mis ship. I have heard that the only noise from up top is maybe in the morning with the deck chairs being moved around while they are cleaning around the pool.

Tim
Bytor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #50
Bytor01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwipperfurth View Post
What time can we board? I've read noon and 1pm so I'm not sure anymore. Would like to beat the crowds in the terminal but I also don't want to just be sitting around waiting either. Thanks!
We also boarded around noon, as well. From what I hear that is the time to board for most cruises. As for when you actually board will depend upon whether you are concierge and then what time you get to the terminal, I believe. The early you get there the earlier you board. I think we arrived at the terminal around 10:30 am.

Tim
Old 04-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #51
Futurist
REAL magic is when you can make people WANT to believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor01 View Post
Sorry haven't been around in a while. We are in Rm 8548, also mis ship. I have heard that the only noise from up top is maybe in the morning with the deck chairs being moved around while they are cleaning around the pool.

Tim
Thanks, Tim. I've been worried about that. I guess your stateroom number means you have the same suite as we do, but on the starboard side. See you at the elevators!

Richard
WBTA – Sept. 18-Oct. 2, 2010
Disney Dream, Feb. 6-10, 2011
Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage(!!), March 31-April 7, 2012
Disney Wonder, Jan. 28-Feb. 2, 2013
Disney Fantasy, February 8th-15th, 2014
EBPC, Disney Wonder, Sept. 12th-26th, 2014 (36th anniversary celebration)
Futurist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #52
Bytor01
Mouseketeer

There is a stateroom review sheet that lists all the staterooms. You can find it here : http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm

Tim
Old 04-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #53
totallymickey
Earning My Ears

We were on this cruise in January this year and signed up for next year while we were on board. We, includes myself, DH, DD (11), DS (8). After years of visiting WDW we took the plunge and found our newest Disney addiction. Counting the days until we sail again!
totallymickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #54
Bytor01
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the board. We were not on the cruise this time this year but were on the cruise (Western) in '07. We had a great time and I thought it was the best vacation we ever had and we are DVC members. Has anyone put any thought for their ideas of excursions. I would be interested in some ideas so I can start planning. It would be a great help from any Eastern cruise vets.

Tim
Old 04-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #55
cmclaura
How many more days til our next cruise?????

We'll be there1

While on our first Disney cruise this past January (3 day Wonder), we booked for the 7 day Eastern for next January. Guess we liked it, huh?!

Our daughter will have just turned 15 in December, so she's hoping to find some friends around her age. Last time, she was pretty much on her own so the teen area could have been more fun had she been able to pal around with others.

The problem as she saw it was that so many groups go together, where the teens already knew one another. They had no need to meet new kids. So, we're really hoping to find some others with teens who don't already have a cruise buddy.

Anyone out there?

Laura
cmclaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #56
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Laura - My DD is hoping for the same thing. She's turning 9 while we're on the ship. Too young for your DD.
Let's hope there are other singles there.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #57
ROIE01581
Westboro, MA

looking for a st thomas tour

sunnylistontours.com We did his tour this April.. 6 adults and 5 children under 7. It was the best..Carl was our driver. We did a private tour and had shopping, tour and beach time. We had the use of the driver from 9:30 to 4pm. He does the best tour on St Thomas.
ROIE01581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #58
fltink
Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!!!!

Well, Hi Everyone!!!

Hi, everybody!!!
My name is Jenn! My husband Jay and I live in New Hampshire and we just decided to book this cruise! This will be my seventh Disney Cruise, I believe. I actually met my hubby on a DCL trip in April of 2003. We got married on another DCL trip in September of 2005. I am an ex-WDW Cast Member and I currently do Disney itinerary planning. We will be traveling with....
Myself (Jenn)- 29 years old
My husband (Jay)- 32 years old, and will be 33 right after this trip
My mother in-law (Beth)- 52 years old
My sister in-law (Danielle, or Dee)- 20 years old
My sister in-law (Heather)- 30 years old
My niece (Heather's daughter, Cady)- 4 years old

Those are our definites. More likely than not, by the time we sail, we will have at least three or four other cabins worth of people traveling with us. We always tend to end up being a large group. And I will warn you in advance, you will LOVE us or HATE us! We are the loud, fun-loving bunch! We're either gonna drive you crazy, or you'll wanna travel with us again next time we cruise (which is how we have met two different families who are we the best of friends with now!)

We are SOOOOO excited to finally have another cruise on the horizon! As a pretty experienced DCLer and an ex-CM, I'd be happy to help out anyone that has any questions. I am sure I will come up with some for all of you as time goes on as well!

So, hi again.....and SO glad to be joining ya'll!
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
April '03 7 N Eastern Carib Bday Magic
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
Feb '04 7 N Western Carib Valentine's Magic
Sept '05 7 N Western Carib WEDDING Magic!!!!
Sept '07 7 N Eastern Carib 2 Yr Anniversary Magic
Jan '09 7 N Western Carib Magic
Sept '09 7 N Eastern Carib 4 Yr Anniversary Magic
July '10 4 N Wonder
Oct '10 4 N Halloween Wonder
Jan '11 3 N Preview Cast Dream

Next cruise.....
Sept '13 14 N Panama Wonder (8 Yr Anniversary!!!)
fltink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #59
edmartin
Mouseketeer

Dedicated discussion forums for the Jan 17 Eastern!

Hi everyone. My family & I are on the 1/17/09 eastern. My wife and I are also on the August eastbound Panama Canal cruise. For that cruise, the meet thread got REALLY out of hand - more than 100,000 posts over 8 separate threads. As things started to get long, I worked with a few of the others and created some dedicated discussion forums for just that cruise. They became very popular and a lot more manageable for those looking for quick answers or info.

So, I decided to take what I did for that and create dedicated forums for this cruise, too. I invite all of you to enjoy them. They are located at www.dclcruisers.com

Enjoy!!!
edmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #60
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Thanks Ed! I went ahead and registered. Hopefully we can get some other people on there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: