Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #151
Bytor01
Mouseketeer

I would love to go zip lining but won't be able to do that this cruise. The kiddos are still too young. We need to find an excursion that the whole family can enjoy. We will probably hit a beach and do some snorkeling like we did in Cozumel. We had a lot of fun. We did the semi sub last time in Grand Cayman so we won't do that again. We also saw the sting rays at CC. I don't know but we will probably walk or sight see in St Martaan and do the beach thing in St Thomas. Its still up in the air though. We are open to suggestions.

Tim
Bytor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:54 PM   #152
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

Well we cancelled our Parasailing for the DVC members Cruise and changed it to The Sting rays. We might just have to do the Parasailing on this cruise now instead. We might just be spending alot of time on the ship since we might be moving to Orlando in January as well and we might need all our extra money to pay for the move.... January might be really busy... The cruise, a move, and My husband will have to be at the Superbowl in Tampa for work for about a week. Then after all that he will have to take his SAT truck to Daytona for the 500. Too much all at one time. Truth is I think that I am really excited about the possible move. And of course it won't hurt my DH's feelings to hang out at a bunch of sporting events.....
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #153
fltink
Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georji View Post
Now Tink ... you've talked about pictures of food and the romance package ... where do I find such pictures?? Do you have a link?

I can't believe we're getting so close! We're so excited!! My boys think they're excited, but they have NO idea!!
There's actually a thread on the DIS Boards of DCL Food Pictures. I'm not sure what it's called. You should just be able to search for "food pictures" under the DCL forum. The romance package, I found to be, a waste of money.
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
April '03 7 N Eastern Carib Bday Magic
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
Feb '04 7 N Western Carib Valentine's Magic
Sept '05 7 N Western Carib WEDDING Magic!!!!
Sept '07 7 N Eastern Carib 2 Yr Anniversary Magic
Jan '09 7 N Western Carib Magic
Sept '09 7 N Eastern Carib 4 Yr Anniversary Magic
July '10 4 N Wonder
Oct '10 4 N Halloween Wonder
Jan '11 3 N Preview Cast Dream

Next cruise.....
Sept '13 14 N Panama Wonder (8 Yr Anniversary!!!)
fltink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #154
fltink

Well, for anyone looking for a beach to go to.... keep in mind Megan's Bay in St. Thomas. It is one of the Top 10 Beaches in the World. Here's some footage of it.....

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-phot....mov/tpod.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxUFhcxgSU4
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
July '10 4 N Wonder

Next cruise.....
Old 08-19-2008, 10:50 PM   #155
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

OK can Fay just please go away already.... I am in West Palm Beach and it has been nasty here all day. There have been a few tornados and alot of flooding. I know that she was just a Tropical Storm, but boy she sure didn't act like it. Now my husband has had to take his SAT truck up to the northern part of the east coast of FL to do AM live shots with a crew from NBC News... I hope that it won't get too bad after it goes back in the ocean, but they think it will come back on land as a CAT 1 Hurricane...
Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #156
Bytor01
Mouseketeer

That may be the ticket. I see there is an excursion called the Megans bay beach break. It has a visit to Drake's seat and then goes to the beach afterwards. Transport back to the ship between 1:30 and 2 pm. This would give some time to walk around before getting back on board by 4:30pm.

Tim
Old 08-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #157
totallymickey
Earning My Ears

Megan's Bay

We did Megan's Bay on our own during last January's cruise. We tendered in and got a taxi right away. The taxi was basically a truck with seats in the back, but the driver was very talkative on the drive there, pointing out places of interest. We got to the Bay long before the crowds did and had a few peaceful hours on the beach. There were plenty of taxis waiting to take us back to port and we had plenty of time to walk around and shop. The advantage of the excursion would be that Disney had an area already blocked off on the beach for the excursionites and had beach chairs out. We had to rent our own chairs and drag them to our prime (read far away) beach front area. I can't remember how much the taxi and chairs were, but I do remember that it was less expensive than booking the excursion. Whether you decide to book the excursion for peace of mind or go on your own, I would highly recommend going. It was beautiful!
Dec 2013-BLT Jan 2013-SSR March 2012-SSR May 2010-VWL Oct 2009 OKW June 2009-SSR Jan 2 009-BCV June 2008-Pop Jan 2008-Poly Oct 2007-Swan Jan 2007-Pop July 2007-POF Oct 2006-Boardwalk Inn May 2006-Wilderness Lodge Oct 2005-Contemporary
EC-2008 Magic EC-2009 Magic Mexican Riviera 2011-Wonder WC-2013 Fantasy
totallymickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #158
fltink

Let's hope that Fay stays calm and can keep herself in check.
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
July '10 4 N Wonder

Next cruise.....
Old 08-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #159
fltink

We have exciting news!!! We convinced our friends, Michelle and Sea to cruise with us in January! They are DVC Members but have never done a DCL Cruise before. I am SOOOOOO exicted that they are joining us! So that makes our whole party now a party of 11. The more, the merrier!!!!
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
July '10 4 N Wonder

Next cruise.....
Old 08-21-2008, 10:52 PM   #160
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltink View Post
We have exciting news!!! We convinced our friends, Michelle and Sea to cruise with us in January! They are DVC Members but have never done a DCL Cruise before. I am SOOOOOO exicted that they are joining us! So that makes our whole party now a party of 11. The more, the merrier!!!!
WOW that will be one big party. You all should have a blast....
Old 08-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #161
fltink

It seems like every time we cruise lately it's with a big party. We are good at getting other peopl hooked on DCL!
Sept '02 4 N Wonder
Oct '03 3 N Wonder
July '10 4 N Wonder

Next cruise.....
Old 08-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #162
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

I can't seem to get my friends or family to go on DCL. All my friends are obsessed with Carnival, but I really don't like their cruises.... It took me two years to talk my grandmother into going on a DCL ship. I just hope she will think it is great as we do.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #163
Bytor01
Mouseketeer

Well, this cruise is just one more step closer. I paid for our airfare and made reservations at the Hyatt-MCO. We are now all set. The only thing left to do is pay for the rest of the cruise. Wow, and that's a big nut coming up. We are flying Jet Blue on the 16th out of JFK-NY and will get to MCO at 8:30 am. We will check in and drop the bags off and then go downstairs and rent a car. The plan is to go visit my 93 year old Aunt near Tampa for the day. After, we will come back to the hotel relax, eat dinner and get ready for the cruise. I am sure the kids will want to go swimming at the pool out on the roof that the Hyatt has, as well. As you can see, the plans are in motion and we are coming up fast. With school starting next week I am sure the months will start flying by.

Tim
Old 08-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #164
JenKatt
Geek in training

Anyone else staying at Ron Jon the night before? I know the water will be cool, but we'll be needing two cars to drive from Tampa (where we live) to the Port. With an infant I don't want to do the buses or a limo. Ron Jon seemed like a good idea because from what I understand we can leave the cars there for the week.

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #165
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

Nope we will just be driving in from West Plam that day. It's only a 2 hour drive so we figured we would save the money!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: