Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How to do the FE exchange?
2 families per day for 6 days (sat, sun, mon, tues, wed, thurs.) 2 16.67%
3 families per day for 4 days (sat, sun, mon, tues) 8 66.67%
4 families per day for 3 days (sun, mon, tues) 2 16.67%
Other...please reply on this thread 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
Melrosgirl
Would win @ hide n seek ;-)
Doin' the tower was a piece of cake!
Let's all have lots of sunny thoughts to try to blow the rain away!!!

1/24/09 - Disney Magic - Western

It's a year away, but I'm sure I'm not the only booked. Right? Post here if you will be on the 1/24/09 Western cruise!
Melrosgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
Tink1623
Earning My Ears

I haven't made our deposit yet but it looks like we will be on board with you. I am a single parent with 2 kids. DS will be 16 and DD will be 11 at the time of the cruise. This will be our 2nd cruise.
Tink1623 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2008, 02:13 AM   #3
Melrosgirl

Hi, Tink! My dd is the same age as your dd. I hope you can make the cruise!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
Tink1623
Earning My Ears

This is definitely the one we are going on. I will feel a lot better once the deposit is made but seeing as I make the decisions is pretty much a done deal. Oh yeah my name is Sue and we are from RI. My daughter was asking if I met anyone who would be cruising at the same time. She would love to have someone to write to if that is okay with you? Hopefully we will be hearing from some more people that will be joining us next year. It is officially less than a year. YEAH!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 06:50 AM   #5
Melrosgirl

Hey, Tink. We're excited about this cruise. The last 3 cruises I booked we had to back out of due to whatever reason (pregnancy, last minute conflict, etc.). I'm determined to stay on this one! Our last cruise was 5 years ago on the Wonder.

DD would love to hear from a future cruise friend. Feel free to PM me any messages and we can go from there.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
tw2123
Mouseketeer

Hi, my family has decided to do this cruise. We just got off the Magic Saturday and while onboard we rebooked this one. As soon as I got home I looked for future cruisers that will be with us and found you guys. We are so excited to be doing another cruise, but it seems so far away. This will be our 3rd cruise, but first Western. I am sure it will be so much fun.
tw2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #7
Tink1623
Earning My Ears

Welcome tw2123!! So glad you found us. Who will you be traveling with? You must have had a great time on this last cruise. I am a bit concerned about it being too cool on Castaway Cay in January. How was it when you were there? I have been told that the weather in Cozumel and Grand Caymen will be nica and warm. Oh I can't wait.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
tw2123
Mouseketeer

Tink,
I will be traveling with my husband and two children DS who will be 9, and DD who will be 6. We did have a great time on our last cruise and the one before that. I think I am addicted. Both trips have been in January and Castaway Cay is cooler this time of year. In 2007 we had a beautiful day with sun and probably 70's, this year it was about 55 degree and cloudy, not very nice, but no rain and no snow which is better than here in Michigan. We just plan on doing activities on the island that don't require us to go in the water, there is bike riding, hiking trails, scavenger hunts, and the food is great at Cookie's Bar-B-Que. But believe it or not this year even with the cooler weather many people were swimming and my DD swam for about 45 minutes before I made her get out of the water, so I suppose it has to do with your tolerance level.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
gensmom
Earning My Ears

This will be our 4th trip

I am new here..so HI everyone. I heard about this website from some table mates at my last cruise. Today is my first day back to work since that cruise. My mom, daughter, and I had so much fun that we already booked our cruise for the 24th of January, 2009.
gensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:11 PM   #10
Tink1623
Earning My Ears

tw2123,
I certainly agree about the cruise being addictive. We have only cruised once in 2004 and have been so anxious to go back. I gave my kids the choice of cruising or Disney World and they both agreed instantly on the cruise. It is such a great vacation with something for everyone and also time for us all to be apart and enjoying other activities too. It really is the perfect vacation for us. We are from RI so I do agree with the idea of being somewhere other than the cold of back home. Even if Castaway Cay is too cold for swimming there will be the 2 islands to swimming at.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
Tink1623
Earning My Ears

Hi gensmom and welcome aboard out thread. Who are you traveling with on this cruise? Also what did you enjoy most about cruising?
Old 01-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #12
Melrosgirl

Wow! This thread is taking off, LOL. Glad to have everyone here. It's less than a year away now.

DD is 10 and DS is 3. Will be 11 and 4 on the cruise.

I'm a little concerned about the weather, but as long as it's not raining a lot or snowing, I'll be happy. Here in PA it's 39 degrees right now and that's the warmest I've seen it all month. I'll take 75 if that's a low average.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #13
Tink1623
Earning My Ears

I was a bit concerned about the weather too but like you said it's definitely better than the weather at home. I have been told Castaway Cay may be a bit cooler than Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Either way I'm still so excited to be going. Anyone have any ideas on excursions they want to do?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #14
tw2123
Mouseketeer

We haven't decided on any excursions yet, but we are considering stingray city on Grand Cayman. Also my husband is considering getting wetsuits for our family so we can swim on Castaway Cay. I don't know though they seem a bit pricey for just one use. But then again the beach and island are so beautiful it is hard not to be able to swim there.
Disney Wonder-Bahamas 8/23/09-8/27/09
Disney Magic-Western Caribbean 1/23/10-1/30/10
Old 01-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
Tink1623
Earning My Ears

We are also talking about the Stingray City with Captain Marvins. I am a bit leery because of the whole Steve Irwin accident. The only other thing we need to decide is which beach to go to at Cozumel. I have been keeping my eyes on the boards and reading what others have done. These boards are the best place for great information and to meet fellow cruisers. I am really a Disboard addict.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: