Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #46
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Oh wow, buying into DVC. Congrats!! Which is your home resort?

And oldest son back after so long, that must really be a Special trip. Only one more month to count down.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

Beyond greatfull for so many WDW trips, dear friendship and even a dlrp wish trip in october 2014 to close the Disney chapter. Lifes come and go, memories last for ever.
goofieslonglostsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #47
maleficent, esq.
If you are not on a Disney Cruise you should be planning a Disney Cruise

I must be a genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper08 View Post
I am so excited about this cruise!!

Goofieslonglostsis - thanks for the welcome! Mal's family and my family are meeting up at WDW in May for our first trip as DVC members. I actually gave up a cruising this year so DH would buy into DVC. My oldest boy is in the Army and we haven't seen him in almost a year now. I am really excited about seeing him.

i guess I'd better get back to work..gotta pay for WDW somehow!!
Thumper08 -
Sorry you have to go back to work to pay for Disney. You should do what I did get your best friend to join DVC and invite you to go with them. (told you I was a genius ) Hope you liked the ticker for our WDW trip.

Goofiessis - had to shorten the name as I can never quite remember the appropriate way to spell it - I love the planning part of the disney cruise - I will look at menus, navigators, read books, make door signs, buy stuff - like suntan lotion - have drinks out of my Disney cruise line glass and almost any other thing I can think of to get myself in the cruising spirit. One of my favorite things is the door signs. Thumper08 DH made us a cd of our last disney cruise and put it to music it was awesome - Anyway chat as much as you like about the planning. http://www.*****************/ has the seven day navigators and lots of other great info. So glad we will be on the same floor - I can't believe none of your friends wants to go on a disney cruise with you. Well better go
ttfn
MAL

maleficent, esq. is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2008, 07:15 AM   #48
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Mal, you ARE a genius!

(hmm, maybe I shouldn't have 'invited' my parents for a normall WDW trip, but for a DVC-buy, darned that's a missed chance)

My nick is too long. It's fitting, but to long to keep having to type. You can call me Jacqui if you wish.

Oh hang on a sec, you mean the castaway cay club site? (they keep editing the url) Hmm, I must have been looking with my eyes in my pocket than. I've been on there a couple of times and didn't look at them yet.

Do you get the weird looks also if other people find out you like the pre-fun and planning? People look at me like I'm crazy if I check out the changes on WDW-menus. They think I'm totally nuts for checking months in advance, let alone check menus of a cruise for 2009 allready.

Oh, friends want to come, but you know what it's like with people. Haven't got time, it costs too much, cruise is great but dísney? That's for kids, yadieya. Well that's their loss. They'll probably gasp over the pictures and stories again as they did with the WDW-trip.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Beyond greatfull for so many WDW trips, dear friendship and even a dlrp wish trip in october 2014 to close the Disney chapter. Lifes come and go, memories last for ever.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:37 AM   #49
Crystal_27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofieslonglostsis View Post

Do you get the weird looks also if other people find out you like the pre-fun and planning? People look at me like I'm crazy if I check out the changes on WDW-menus. They think I'm totally nuts for checking months in advance, let alone check menus of a cruise for 2009 allready.

Oh, friends want to come, but you know what it's like with people. Haven't got time, it costs too much, cruise is great but dísney? That's for kids, yadieya. Well that's their loss. They'll probably gasp over the pictures and stories again as they did with the WDW-trip.
LOL- I, too, get the "weirdo" looks from people who just don't understand that planning a Disney trip is half the fun (I mean, we have to do something to keep ourselves occupied, right?). The girls at work all think that I'm crazy for having my itinerary reduced to a spreadsheet for our upcoming September, 2008 trip to the parks. Oh well, stuff like that is fun for ME (which probably does make me a bit of a weirdo - LOL).

We actually have friends who are joinins us on this to cruise (although I haven't yet convinced them about the wonders of The DIS - maybe soon they will be posting here), and we are trying to convince another set of friends to join us as well. However, the second family that is still "on the fence" because they are a family of 5 and would have to book a Cat. 4. So, anyway, it sounds as if our ship is going to filled with some uber-cool people.

Me (35); DD (10)
December, 2007 Land/Sea Trip Report
9 Days of Disney Dining (Food Report)
March, 2009 Trip Report
September, 2009 Eastern Cruise Trip Report

Next trips: Aulani in June, 2015 and Thanksgiving, 2015 on the Fantasy (YAY).
Crystal_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #50
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Ah, another spreadsheet user. Sounds familiar.

If you ask me, DCL should give you a discount for filling up cabin by cabin. You're working for them for free.

The second family, isn't it an option for them to do 2 connecting lower cat staterooms? If I remember correctly that's a cheaper way to go than one cat. 4 and it would give them the benefit of 2 bathrooms. I can feel their financial 'pain'. It's harder if you're not within the 2-4 standard range. Hopefully they'll find an option that is doable for them.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #51
thumper08
Earning My Ears

love spreadsheets

DH and i do all the vacation planning on spreadsheets. How else can you keep everything straight....what you gotta buy....what you gotta take...make different door signs....for vacation.
thumper08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #52
thumper08
Earning My Ears

home resort

Quote:
Oh wow, buying into DVC. Congrats!! Which is your home resort?

And oldest son back after so long, that must really be a Special trip. Only one more month to count down.
we bought into Saratoga Springs. We are going in May and again in September so I guess giving up the cruise for 1 year got me 2 trips to WDW...not a bad exchange.

But i'm really looking forward to this cruise.
thumper08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #53
maleficent, esq.

Quote:
we bought into Saratoga Springs. We are going in May and again in September so I guess giving up the cruise for 1 year got me 2 trips to WDW...not a bad exchange.

But i'm really looking forward to this cruise.
I feel bad because I don't have a spreadsheet. I'd probably just lose it. Then I would get stressed because we were not following the proscribed program at the right time. (I have control issues - my confession is good for the soul.)

I am also looking forward to it I am a little nervous about the tendering - never should have read the thread about all the awful things that happen on the cruise ship.

Hope all of you are well
TTFN
MAL

Old 04-11-2008, 08:10 AM   #54
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

How are you all doing?

Thumper, you are one lucky 'bunny' alright! Saratoga Springs sounds great, never been there yet unfortunately.

Mal; that's what back ups are for. Oh, and prints. Does it sound like have experience in losing something or having the computer?

I don't book times ahead of time (other than ADR's) though. I'll book a dayprogram and that's it. But than again, I haven't done DCL yet, so I might find myself starting to do a timeprogram for the cruise.

Lol, that thread is a good one! I like reading it. I'm not too worried about tendering issues. I doubt it's a good option to tender with my powerchair and since 'll be going solo it isn't an option to go ashore with just my manual chair. So either I'll be going ashore when they dock or I'll be enjoying a quite ship almost all to myself.

The thing that makes me get itches is being overly worried about flying in. I'm flying in a day early anyway since my flightoptions tend to arrive at MCO at 6 pm or later, but what if weather interferes? I'll have to switch flights, I'll be flying from one continent to the other so even just one big weatherproblem in either region and I might have a big problem. Sounds pretty controlfreakish, he?

Well, back to work it is! I've got enough to do this week and a meeting tonight to prepare for so I'ld better start doing it.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #55
Crystal_27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ah, another spreadsheet user. Sounds familiar.

If you ask me, DCL should give you a discount for filling up cabin by cabin. You're working for them for free.

The second family, isn't it an option for them to do 2 connecting lower cat staterooms? If I remember correctly that's a cheaper way to go than one cat. 4 and it would give them the benefit of 2 bathrooms. I can feel their financial 'pain'. It's harder if you're not within the 2-4 standard range. Hopefully they'll find an option that is doable for them.
You know, pricing it for two lower connecting categories might just be the thing. I just looked at the pricing again a few days ago and the price for a Cat. 4 jumped up by $1,000. In two weeks. Holy cow, right?!?

Quote:
DH and i do all the vacation planning on spreadsheets. How else can you keep everything straight....what you gotta buy....what you gotta take...make different door signs....for vacation.
Amen, Thumper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent, esq. View Post
I feel bad because I don't have a spreadsheet. I'd probably just lose it. Then I would get stressed because we were not following the proscribed program at the right time. (I have control issues - my confession is good for the soul.)

I am also looking forward to it I am a little nervous about the tendering - never should have read the thread about all the awful things that happen on the cruise ship.

Hope all of you are well
TTFN
MAL

Well, Mal, don't be surprised if we convert you - or maybe you'll convert us?. As to worrying, try not to too much. When I start worrying, I just remember that DCL has been doing this a long time and that helps me feel better.

Quote:
How are you all doing?

The thing that makes me get itches is being overly worried about flying in. I'm flying in a day early anyway since my flightoptions tend to arrive at MCO at 6 pm or later, but what if weather interferes? I'll have to switch flights, I'll be flying from one continent to the other so even just one big weatherproblem in either region and I might have a big problem. Sounds pretty controlfreakish, he?

Well, back to work it is! I've got enough to do this week and a meeting tonight to prepare for so I'ld better start doing it.
I have to admit that I, too, am worried about transportation issues. We typically drive to Orlando (from Atlanta) but I'm thinking that flying may be better for us for the cruise (of course, if we have a set return flight, that will make it harder for me to convince DH to spend a few days at the parks when we get off the cruise). Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Me (35); DD (10)
December, 2007 Land/Sea Trip Report
9 Days of Disney Dining (Food Report)
March, 2009 Trip Report
September, 2009 Eastern Cruise Trip Report

Next trips: Aulani in June, 2015 and Thanksgiving, 2015 on the Fantasy (YAY).
Crystal_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #56
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

'Scuse me!? It jumped $1000,-!? Oh my.........

Old 04-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #57
aristocats_lover
We're just practicing biting and clawing...

Hey all! My DH and I will be joining you on the Magic for our first Disney Cruise! I swore I'd never go on a big boat (we have Titanic issues in my family...) but here we are! Don't think there will be any icebergs at Castaway Cay! ^.~

Well, we're both early 20s and by the time the cruise rolls around we'll be married for over 3 years. Our two (fur)children will be staying home with the grandparents!

Husband is most looking forward to Palo (he works at a high end restaurant and is a total foodie) and I am psyched for PIRATE NIGHT! I have been a Pirate 3 years running and actually have Pirate ancestors, so this is my kind of party!

Looking forward to planning/chatting for the next 17 months!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #58
maleficent, esq.

Welcome aboard matey!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocats_lover View Post
Hey all! My DH and I will be joining you on the Magic for our first Disney Cruise! I swore I'd never go on a big boat (we have Titanic issues in my family...) but here we are! Don't think there will be any icebergs at Castaway Cay! ^.~

Well, we're both early 20s and by the time the cruise rolls around we'll be married for over 3 years. Our two (fur)children will be staying home with the grandparents!

Husband is most looking forward to Palo (he works at a high end restaurant and is a total foodie) and I am psyched for PIRATE NIGHT! I have been a Pirate 3 years running and actually have Pirate ancestors, so this is my kind of party!

Looking forward to planning/chatting for the next 17 months!
Welcome to the thread. So glad you will be joining us. My husband loves pirate night and he gets really into it. It is so much fun. I have issues over everything the ship just feels so safe. I had to start with the 3 day to see if I could handle it. This is my fourth Disney Cruise (first 7 day)
I agree I look forward to chatting for the next months. Planning is a lotof the fun. Again, welcome.

Now on a new note. Asking all of you to send Pixie dust to my friend Thumper 08. As most of you know we had a vacation to SarSprings in 2 weeks well her son in the army can not get leave so the trip has been cancelled. (We are still going just not staying at SS) but Thumper had to cancel did not want to travel without DS. She is a little sad so please send her pixie dust and best wishes

So here Thumper -- prayers, and pixie dust from me.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:54 AM   #59
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Welcome Aristocats_lover!!!

Mal, oh no!

Thumper; is your son dispatched? Hope he'll be back asap!

I made another payment on the cruise this week. Now I know I'm crazy. Being happy about paying $$$$? I also ordered me a copy of the 2008 passporter book about DCL and the open mouse. Hopefully Amazon.com is wrong. They shipped it today and expect it to not be here untll may 19th. How can anybody wait that long? I was hoping to get them here in within 2 weeks so I can have all the time in the world to read them (getting into hospital for 2 weeks, so way enough time to read and plan ) , but it seems like that might not happen. Weird, normally hippings from the US don't take any longer than about 5 days to get here. Let the quick postal fairies be working on this shipping, please.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:38 PM   #60
aristocats_lover
We're just practicing biting and clawing...

SO I've been reading the cruise threads non-stop lately, and I was wondering if anyone is interested in doing the "fish extender" thing. Sounds like fun!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: