Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #31
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh! I can so understand your urge to go overboard on that one. She looked very, very cute. If that's any indication for September 2009, she's got my vote for cutest best dressed girl-pirate!
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

Beyond greatfull for so many WDW trips, dear friendship and even a dlrp wish trip in october 2014 to close the Disney chapter. Lifes come and go, memories last for ever.
goofieslonglostsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #32
spectrum-turbo
I must battle the troops
I didn't dare go near the shoes

Hey there....let it be known that I go MIA from the Disboards from tome to time especially when DH starts making noises about too much time on the computer, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent, esq. View Post

Christianweecare - what are the main differences between the Wonder and the Magic?
Spectrum-Turbo - Where in Texas is the group from? We live in Keller a suburb of Fort Worth.
Mal, we are all in the Austin area.

I can also address the question about the ship differences. there are three areas that I noticed a difference:
  1. Restaurants are where the biggest differences are (and even then it's not startling differences) The Magic has Lumiere's and The Wonder has Tritons. Also, the buffets on 9 aft are Topsiders (Magic) vs Beach Blanket Buffet (Wonder). In both cases I don't think that there is a real difference in the food. Last year I was fortunate enough to sail on The Magic for a week and then turn around and get on The Wonder the very next day and I will tell you that Palo's had a pretty significant difference in menus both for dinner and brunch. I was told by The Wonder staff that The Magic would be switching their menu in the weeks following my trips, don't know if that ever came to pass.
  2. Secondly, Ocean Quest, where tweens can go to hang out is in the Oceaneers Lab on The Wonder and is a separate entity all together on The Magic and is located on Deck 2.
  3. Lastly, there are different murals in deck six mid-ship elevator lobby!! I don't recall exact the difference, but I do remember commenting that they were different.

Other than that as a passenger I didn't notice any other differences.

~S-T

erutangis ruoy ot ti dda siht daer ot hguone yzarc era uoy fI
spectrum-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #33
maleficent, esq.
If you are not on a Disney Cruise you should be planning a Disney Cruise

Thanks for all the info.
Crystal -
Love the picure of your daughter and Captain Hook it is so precious and I agree she is so precious.

Spectrum - turbo - appreciate the info - we did the palo dinner and the palo brunch both on the Wonder. I thought brunch was amazing and would like to do it on the Magic. Back to back cruises - that is probably my next dream.

I am watching the food network it is the disney pricess cake challenge - I am such a Disney Geek.

Probably should do some work but would rather "cruise" the boards

TTFN
Mal

maleficent, esq. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #34
maleficent, esq.

Good evening

double post

Old 04-03-2008, 04:58 AM   #35
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Mal, I miss that. Disney on the tv somewhere if you look for it. Overhere there is less attention for the disney theme and less tv-stations, so it's pretty much either a disney film or cartoon and that's it. And yeah, I find myself watching those more than once. Or twice, or ten times for that matter.

And what a great bunch of pics of your DGD. Especially the ones of the photoshot are great. The laughing one in the green dress just makes you want to take her home with you.

The brunch at Palo. I'm allready eagerly awaiting the day I can start trying to get a ressie. After seeing all of the pictures of it, it looks like a "I must do that, or I'll go mad". The great reviews only makes it more appealing. Has anybody done the High tea at Palo before?
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Beyond greatfull for so many WDW trips, dear friendship and even a dlrp wish trip in october 2014 to close the Disney chapter. Lifes come and go, memories last for ever.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #36
Crystal_27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofieslonglostsis View Post
Oh my gosh! I can so understand your urge to go overboard on that one. She looked very, very cute. If that's any indication for September 2009, she's got my vote for cutest best dressed girl-pirate!
Thanks, Hon - that is very sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent, esq. View Post
Thanks for all the info.
Crystal -
Love the picure of your daughter and Captain Hook it is so precious and I agree she is so precious.

I am watching the food network it is the disney pricess cake challenge - I am such a Disney Geek.

Mal
Thanks for the compliments about my DD. She just celebrated her 4th birthday on March 26th, and I swear she gets more cool every single day.

I also wanted FN's princess cake challenge. What a disappointment, though. Usually, the chefs blow me out of the water (did you see the Disney Villains cakes?), but I wasn't really that awed by any of them (although I thought that the Cinderella cake should have gotten an honorable mention - that castle was incredible).

Quote:

The brunch at Palo. I'm allready eagerly awaiting the day I can start trying to get a ressie. After seeing all of the pictures of it, it looks like a "I must do that, or I'll go mad". The great reviews only makes it more appealing. Has anybody done the High tea at Palo before?
I also am going to try to do brunch (and dinner) at Palo. For our December, 2007 cruise, since we were first-time cruisers, when we booked at 75 days, Palo brunch was not available (but we did get dinner - which was incredible). I have no experience with High Tea, but I'm quite sure that anything related to Palo is always good.

Me (34); DD (9)
December, 2007 Land/Sea Trip Report
9 Days of Disney Dining (Food Report)
March, 2009 Trip Report
September, 2009 Eastern Cruise Trip Report

Next trips: Aulani in September, 2014 and Thanksgiving, 2014 on the Magic (YAY).
Crystal_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #37
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_27 View Post
I also am going to try to do brunch (and dinner) at Palo. For our December, 2007 cruise, since we were first-time cruisers, when we booked at 75 days, Palo brunch was not available (but we did get dinner - which was incredible).
Oh boy, that was not what I love to read. I'm a first-timer this time around , and knowing how popular the brunch is on the DIS makes me assume it's going to be a bit of a lucky event to get a ressie at the 75-days mark.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #38
Crystal_27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh boy, that was not what I love to read. I'm a first-timer this time around , and knowing how popular the brunch is on the DIS makes me assume it's going to be a bit of a lucky event to get a ressie at the 75-days mark.
Well, just remember, I was only on a 4-day cruise, which limits the open spots. I'm crossing my fingers for you!!

Me (34); DD (9)
December, 2007 Land/Sea Trip Report
9 Days of Disney Dining (Food Report)
March, 2009 Trip Report
September, 2009 Eastern Cruise Trip Report

Next trips: Aulani in September, 2014 and Thanksgiving, 2014 on the Magic (YAY).
Crystal_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #39
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Thnx, You're right. We've got 3 see days to get those ressies. Should be a good shot, compaired to the other intineraries.

And if it doesn't happen, I guess I'll just have to do my own brunch, by using room service and eating it out on the balcony.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #40
maleficent, esq.

Quote:
Mal, I miss that. Disney on the tv somewhere if you look for it. Overhere there is less attention for the disney theme and less tv-stations, so it's pretty much either a disney film or cartoon and that's it. And yeah, I find myself watching those more than once. Or twice, or ten times for that matter.

And what a great bunch of pics of your DGD. Especially the ones of the photoshot are great. The laughing one in the green dress just makes you want to take her home with you.

goofieoslonglostsis-
Where are you located? No Disney - GASP
Thanks so much for the DGD compliments.

I have never done high tea but I sure am going to try it.
When can we start making ressies for High Tea?

I have been reviewing the boards to find out all the important info I need for the cruise.

Wishing you all a good night

MAL

Old 04-04-2008, 03:23 AM   #41
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Mal, since you're a CC-member you can start making ressies for the High Tea at 90 days out, just like all of the other ressies. As a newbe I can start at 75 days out, and those in concierge or booking the REAS-package can start booking at 105 days. You're in a good spot with the 90 days.

I'm in the Netherlands. Overhere it's mostly Nickelodeon and stuff. Well, and a lot of Europe 'baby-tv' in the range of the Telletubbies. Most consequentl shot of Disney I get from the commercials telling you to book Disneyland Paris, and those are only on certain periods of time. And to be honest? DLP is nice, but no way near WDW!

Last night I had my first DCl dream. I dreamt I was about to board. I never made in on board though, the Southpark tunes woke me up. Only 17 more months to go before we can really board.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #42
thumper08
Earning My Ears

Hey Mal - we'll be going with ya again!

we haven't booked yet but will soon. DH, MIL and me.

hey bff - we went over it again last night. We'll be booking as soon as we get back from the May trip....maybe while we are on the May trip. can't wait to see ya then! DH is driving me crazy...he's so excited about going!
thumper08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #43
maleficent, esq.

yippee skippee

Thumper08-
Love the new name - So glad you will be cruising with us. 7 days of Disney Magic should be great. I called yesterday and upgranded to a verandah room. I think we are in 7118 or 7018. Already trying to figure out what kind of door sign to use and of course desperately trying to lose weight so I can fit into some slinky black number for formal night. 3 weeks until our magic kingdom trip. Has anyone looked at the navigators online - this cruise looks great. Hope everyone is doing well - thanks for writing.

Best Regards
Mal

Old 04-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #44
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Hi Thumper! Nice to meat yet another fellow cruiser. Where are you guys going in May? Uptill now the prices haven't gone up to bad with DCL and enough TA's out there still got the tier1 price, so hopefully you'll be able to still book a nice quote.

Mal, we'll be on the same deck and if you've got 7118, we'll actually be pretty close. You decided to upgrade (congrats!!!), while I decided to downgrade. It saves me $700,- and I just couldn't justify that difference. The single supplement is killing. Anyhow, now I'm in 7631.

Were did you see the navigators? I've seen some of the western, but not of the eastern. I'm so liking this intinerary! I've always wanted to do the dutch antilles one day and now I will. Also the 3 days on sea is a bonus if you ask me. I doubted about cruising a week later (so going on my actual birthday), but that would be a western cruise. I doubted about cruising earlier, so hopefully I could do a couple of days WDW with free dining before the cruise (FD tends to end a week before our cruisedate). But again; either the western or an eastern without the antilles. Nop, this is the only intinerary for at least the first cruise!

I'm glad I'm not the only one going a bit overboard with thinking about all kinds of little stuff allready. I like you. You're pre-fun-crazy enough to make me believe it's not out of the ordinary at all.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #45
thumper08
Earning My Ears

yippee skippeee is right!

I am so excited about this cruise!!

Goofieslonglostsis - thanks for the welcome! Mal's family and my family are meeting up at WDW in May for our first trip as DVC members. I actually gave up a cruising this year so DH would buy into DVC. My oldest boy is in the Army and we haven't seen him in almost a year now. I am really excited about seeing him.

i guess I'd better get back to work..gotta pay for WDW somehow!!
thumper08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: