Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #16
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Crystal, this is funny. I just payed my deposit today also, and will also celebrate my 30th birthday. OK, a couple of days early, but I really wanted to do a St. Maarten cruise.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

Beyond greatfull for so many WDW trips, dear friendship and even a dlrp wish trip in october 2014 to close the Disney chapter. Lifes come and go, memories last for ever.
goofieslonglostsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #17
Crystal_27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofieslonglostsis View Post
Crystal, this is funny. I just payed my deposit today also, and will also celebrate my 30th birthday. OK, a couple of days early, but I really wanted to do a St. Maarten cruise.
LOL - well, my birthday is actually in July, 2009 but the cruise prices in July were $3,500 more than this cruise. So, I guess I should say that I'll be celebrating my 30th un-birthday during our cruise.

Me (34); DD (9)
December, 2007 Land/Sea Trip Report
9 Days of Disney Dining (Food Report)
March, 2009 Trip Report
September, 2009 Eastern Cruise Trip Report

Next trips: Aulani in September, 2014 and Thanksgiving, 2014 on the Magic (YAY).
Crystal_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #18
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

No your not. You're just a tad bit later celebrating your 30th. Some people wait untill the next weekend to celebrate and party, you just happened to wait untill the next cruise.

If there are going to be more people celbrating their 30th, we'll be asking for a discount. We deserve it. As a present and as a thank you for letting everybody enjoy our great celebration.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Beyond greatfull for so many WDW trips, dear friendship and even a dlrp wish trip in october 2014 to close the Disney chapter. Lifes come and go, memories last for ever.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #19
fourgonefishn
Mouseketeer

Man I wish we were there already! Got 18.2" of snow on Friday, yea thats right 18.2" in one day! I've had enough.
fourgonefishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #20
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

That's just down right rotten, Fourgonefishn. Who ever decided it was a good idea to hand out snow at Easter!?

It's been snowing overhere for 5 days in a row allready and not looking like it's going to stop yet. It's a looooooooooong 18 months still to go when you look out of your window and see all of the white and grey.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:19 AM   #21
Crystal_27
DIS Veteran

Well, I have to say that snow sounds a bit welcome right now. Atlanta's pollen count has been in the 10,000s, which means that everyone in the Metro area is walking around with itchy eyes, sniffly noses, and tickley (is that even a word - LOL?) throats. I can't wait for the darn trees to quit flowering!

Me (34); DD (9)
March, 2009 Trip Report

Next trips: Aulani in September, 2014 and Thanksgiving, 2014 on the Magic (YAY).
Old 03-26-2008, 07:56 AM   #22
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

If you wish, I'll send it your way Crystal!

Surely most of us wont be missing it. The kids love it, it makes for nice pictures, but that's about it. Just a small amount of snow and traffic and everything comes to a halt. You'ld think we'ld be used to snow in march by now after a couple of years of it, but I guess we're not.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:03 PM   #23
maleficent, esq.
If you are not on a Disney Cruise you should be planning a Disney Cruise

Well, I did it

I made reservations for DH and myself - Late 40's no children or grandchilden (are invited) just us. This is our fourth disney cruise, the first time on the Magic. I have wanted to do this cruise for a while and decided to book last night. Have any of you done this cruise before? Looking forward to our 18 month count down.
Best to all
Mal

maleficent, esq. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:59 AM   #24
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Hi Mal,

congrats on booking! Let the countdown begin!

I haven't done this cruise before, it will actually be my first cruise ever.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:24 AM   #25
christianweecare
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent, esq. View Post
I made reservations for DH and myself - Late 40's no children or grandchilden (are invited) just us. This is our fourth disney cruise, the first time on the Magic. I have wanted to do this cruise for a while and decided to book last night. Have any of you done this cruise before? Looking forward to our 18 month count down.
Best to all
Mal
DH & I (early 50's) will be there with you. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. The first was the Western with just the two of us. Last Sept. my sister & brother-in-law joined us for the Eastern. We will be just the two of us again next Sept. My sister & brother-in-law are converts now! They have a 4 day booked for Dec. 09--taking their daughter & boyfriend along. I would love to take our children & grandchildren but its just so difficult to get everyone scheduled!

We have enjoyed both the Western & Eastern. I think I lean more towards the Eastern. I love the extra sea days!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #26
maleficent, esq.
If you are not on a Disney Cruise you should be planning a Disney Cruise

Thanks for the welcome

Thank you for the welcome. I am so looking forward to the extra days at sea. I love watching the waves go by. I am looking forward to bringing DGrandDaughter on her first cruise but I am waiting until she is at least 4. (almost 2).

Christianweecare - what are the main differences between the Wonder and the Magic?
Fire14 - Did you also post on the passporter site?
Spectrum-Turbo - Where in Texas is the group from? We live in Keller a suburb of Fort Worth.

My philosophy on Disney Cruising (not that any of you asked) If you are not on a Disney cruise, you should be planning a disney cruise. Well should be picking up instead of chatting.

TTFN
Mal

maleficent, esq. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:38 AM   #27
christianweecare
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the welcome. I am so looking forward to the extra days at sea. I love watching the waves go by. I am looking forward to bringing DGrandDaughter on her first cruise but I am waiting until she is at least 4. (almost 2).

Christianweecare - what are the main differences between the Wonder and the Magic?
Fire14 - Did you also post on the passporter site?
Spectrum-Turbo - Where in Texas is the group from? We live in Keller a suburb of Fort Worth.

My philosophy on Disney Cruising (not that any of you asked) If you are not on a Disney cruise, you should be planning a disney cruise. Well should be picking up instead of chatting.

TTFN
Mal
I have never been on the Wonder so I can't give an informed answer. We have only cruised on the Magic. From what I have read there are only a few differences. Some of the eating establishments and so forth carry different names. Also, some of the shows are different.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #28
Crystal_27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Best to all
Mal
Welcome, Mal! Love, love, love your DIS name! This cruise will also be our first on the Magic. We did the Land/Sea in December, 2007 and DH fell in love with cruising (he said that he would be a happy man if he could cruise for every vacation). I, on the other hand, still prefer the parks, so our compromise was to switch off every year. 2008 is our parks year and 2009 will be our cruise year (although I hope I can convince DH to add at least a couple days at the parks in 2009 - LOL). Anyway, welcome aboard!

Me (34); DD (9)
March, 2009 Trip Report

Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 AM   #29
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Crystal, I've been meaning to ask; is it a costume your daughter is wearing in the pictures? Seeing them allways makes me wonder about the storie behind it.

About the difference between Wonder and Magic; isn't the decor also different?

Old 04-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #30
Crystal_27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofieslonglostsis View Post
Crystal, I've been meaning to ask; is it a costume your daughter is wearing in the pictures? Seeing them allways makes me wonder about the storie behind it.

About the difference between Wonder and Magic; isn't the decor also different?
Goofie - yes, indeed, that is a costume. I actually went a bit overboard last year in purchasing costumes for our trip, and purchased 2 pirate costumes. The one that she is wearing in my signature is Elizabeth Swann's "fancy" pirate costume from the 3rd Pirates movie. However, a few months after I bought that costume, Disney released a second Elizabeth Swann pirate costume which actually looked like a pirate costume, so I *had* to buy it. DH made me use the fancy pirate costume for Halloween (which is where those pictures came from) and I packed the second (real) pirate costume for our trip. Here is a picture of the pirate costume she actually wore on our cruise:

Me (34); DD (9)
March, 2009 Trip Report

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: