Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #151
sftnslky
**May every day be filled with Magical memories**

Smile Hello everyone!!!!!

Hi, we just got back last night from our June 8th Mexico cruise, we re-booked on board for Sept 26, got a great deal, and the $200 obc is a cool thing, and once DCL has our reservations we will transfer to DU for an additional $100 per cabin...which we have 2 [connecting] so a total of $600 will be super duper!!! This time around we had $300 total for our two cabins, and we spent it all, so doubling that is going to be awesome!! We did the Western in Sept of 06 and REALLY did not care for it, so we are hoping that the Eastern will be more to our liking. Well am looking forward to learing more about all of you...Oh guess you should know who is going...

Me
DH
DD will be 13 at time of sailing
DD will be just shy of 11 by the time of sailing
Twin DS's will be 8 1/2 at time of sailing.

Also going will be DBINLAW [dear brother in law] and on the fence is DBINLAW's GF and his Sister and her Boyfriend and DH's two sisters and their families.

sftnslky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:11 AM   #152
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Welcome aboard, Rebecca!
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

goofieslonglostsis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #153
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

First post updated with new cruisers. We have quite the group so far.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #154
bigferrell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sftnslky View Post
Hi, we just got back last night from our June 8th Mexico cruise, we re-booked on board for Sept 26, got a great deal, and the $200 obc is a cool thing, and once DCL has our reservations we will transfer to DU for an additional $100 per cabin...which we have 2 [connecting] so a total of $600 will be super duper!!! This time around we had $300 total for our two cabins, and we spent it all, so doubling that is going to be awesome!! We did the Western in Sept of 06 and REALLY did not care for it, so we are hoping that the Eastern will be more to our liking. Well am looking forward to learing more about all of you...Oh guess you should know who is going...

Me
DH
DD will be 13 at time of sailing
DD will be just shy of 11 by the time of sailing
Twin DS's will be 8 1/2 at time of sailing.

Also going will be DBINLAW [dear brother in law] and on the fence is DBINLAW's GF and his Sister and her Boyfriend and DH's two sisters and their families.
Welcome aboard!

My DDs will be 13 and 12 and my DSs will be 8 and 9 when we cruise. Looks like they will have some friends to hang out with!
2012: Disney Magic NYC to Canada
2011: Port Orleans French Quarter
2009: Contemporary (Dec 31 - Jan 5);DCL Wonder (May 7-10); WDW Pop (Sept 21-26); DCL Magic (Sept 26 - Oct2);
2008: DCL Wonder (May 1 - 4)
2007: DCL Magic (Nov 3-10); Disneyworld MNSSHP; Disneyland, Paradise Pier
2006: All Star Sports, DW on DCL Magic 10 Night!; and Pop Century
2005: Disney DTs; 2004: Disney withdrawal
2003: Poly
2002: All Star Sports @ Christmas and Poly
2001: Poly/AKL/All Star Sports
2000: Poly
1998: Coronado Springs (My First Trip!)]
My Crew:
Me: DW DD (16) DS (13) DS (13)
bigferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #155
haileyboo
Mouseketeer

Smile Hi!

Hello! We will be on this cruise too. It will be me, DH, DD 7, & DS 4. We are so excited. I saw the pic of the fish extender - how exactly does this work? Do you put small gifts in them & disboarders take them or ??? Thanks!
haileyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #156
aristocats_lover
We're just practicing biting and clawing...

The fish extender is something you hang outside your stateroom on the little fish (some recommend ziptie-ing them so they don't "swim" away). Everyone in your exchange will at some point leave something in it for you, and you would in turn leave something in everyone else's. Some people do one thing, some people do everyday (yikes! That's a lot!) some people do it whenever some do it on a swap schedule, it all depends on your cruise board. (Can you tell I read to many threads? ^.~) I'm already starting to think about what we'll be giving out!

Cruise board logo on page 10 feel free to use it! I hope everyone likes it...
Old 06-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #157
sftnslky

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocats_lover View Post
The fish extender is something you hang outside your stateroom on the little fish (some recommend ziptie-ing them so they don't "swim" away). Everyone in your exchange will at some point leave something in it for you, and you would in turn leave something in everyone else's. Some people do one thing, some people do everyday (yikes! That's a lot!) some people do it whenever some do it on a swap schedule, it all depends on your cruise board. (Can you tell I read to many threads? ^.~) I'm already starting to think about what we'll be giving out!

Cruise board logo on page 10 feel free to use it! I hope everyone likes it...

We did the fish extender gifts...and decided to only do it for the week days..mon-fri, and mostly for only the kids... but in all honesty we had 17 cabins with a total of 26 kids...so it was over 100 small gifts.. but most of them were small little things..like homemade magnets for the day it was...ie... a pirate magnet with the words... Pirate Life for me on it... so you would put it on your door for Pirate night..lol and of course sickers, one dis'er made personalised journals with matching disney pins for all the kids... they all LOVED them. The list goes on and on..I can't wait to start buying for all of our cruise.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #158
sftnslky

Question Door Magnets??

Was just wondering how many of you decorate your cabin doors? We had a ton of stuff on ours, and can't wait to make all our new stuff. Any one have any cute Eastern Caribbean disney clip art?

Old 06-18-2008, 04:34 AM   #159
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Hmm let's see, Rebecca. If I say I am SO NOT creative more like creatively challenged, does that give you a hint of how poorly my cabin door will look?

Welcome aboard Haileyboo!
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Old 06-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #160
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Welcome aboard Haileyboo. I plan to decorate our door ths cruise as on last 2 I didn't. I have a few ideas of what I want to do but who knows what will end up on there.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #161
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Whohoo! As of this weekend, my cruise is officially payed off. Let the count down go fast!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:54 AM   #162
ebony
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone.
Lokks like from reading the loast two pages there are lots of us in Cat 6. Just DH (Carl) and me (Jan) on this cruise cabin 6596.
Well done Goofielonglostsis for paying off yours this early. We are still getting the last lot of money together for our Xmas disney trip !!.
Nice to see so many posters on this thread.
DCL Magic Sept '11 WBTA cruise. Panama Cruise Dec 2012. Coming up Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2014 & Disney Fantasy Sept 2014 Caribbean
ebony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:00 AM   #163
Crystal_27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofieslonglostsis View Post
Whohoo! As of this weekend, my cruise is officially payed off. Let the count down go fast!
Woo-Hoo - you go girl! We always wait until the very last minute to pay ours off. I figure that Disney gets enough of our money that we should try and hold on to as much of it for as long as possible. Have a great day, everyone!

Me (34); DD (9)
December, 2007 Land/Sea Trip Report
9 Days of Disney Dining (Food Report)
March, 2009 Trip Report
September, 2009 Eastern Cruise Trip Report

Next trips: Aulani in September, 2014 and Thanksgiving, 2014 on the Magic (YAY).
Crystal_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:07 AM   #164
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Sure sounds like it, Jan! It'll be a blast on deck 6.

Lol, this is even paying it off 'late'. Overhere if you book anything? You pay in full for it, that same minute. (also no more changing anything, can you imagine? ) So Disneys and DCL's policy is like, well, financial heaven or something? Having it payed off makes me feel more at ease, especially with still enough things that'll need to be payed for, for the cruise. I'm living on a sort of disability pay so still having 15 months to safe up for the rest is very welcome.

And besides; the sooner everything is payed off, the sooner I can start saving for a next trip!

Old 06-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #165
sftnslky

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebony View Post
Hello everyone.
Lokks like from reading the loast two pages there are lots of us in Cat 6. Just DH (Carl) and me (Jan) on this cruise cabin 6596.
Well done Goofielonglostsis for paying off yours this early. We are still getting the last lot of money together for our Xmas disney trip !!.
Nice to see so many posters on this thread.
Hi, everyone I'm so excited I went to transfer our reservations to DU and noticed they were offering double obc so I decided to see just how much DCL would charge us to upgrade... We originally booked connecting cabins 2122 & 2124, and orginally when I called DCL they came back with a pretty steep increase.. But I asked them if I could still get my castaway member discount, and if I could also keep my 10% discount for on-board booking AND figuring I had nothing to loose I told them when we booked on board their was also a speical that the per person deposit was half off...another words $125 per person and I didn't want to pay an additional $125 to make it the normal $250 and last but not least, I WANTED/NEEDED to keep my $200 per cabin stateroom credit.

After a long pause..he said "ok, let me check". After about 4 minutes he came back on the line and said "Ok, you got it all!!" Oh gosh that is super exciting. So in a nut shell, we still get to keep all we had, but now we have connecting verandah staterooms 6620 & 6622 for only an additional $126 per person from what we were already paying. And the best part of all, I transferd my reservations to DU and they are giving us an additional $200 per stateroom credit, for a grand total of $800 for the two cabins. We have never ever had verandah staterooms before and I can't wait. I am super excited, not only about the extra $$$ to spend, but being able to have fresh air, and sit outside and just watch the world/ocean go by in private. Hope you all have a great Thursday.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: