Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2008, 09:46 AM   #46
OceanGdss
Mrs. Deej696 on 12/18/08

Just found your PJ...love it!! We entertained the idea of a DCL wedding...but we have around 70 guests and his cousin already got married on a cruise ship. Anyhow...I LOVE the pics you have posted so far and LOVE the proposal!! We'll be cruising for our honeymoon on DCL about a month after your wedding.. I'll be thinking of you!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #47
shasess
My Disney Princess!!!

Your ring is sooo cute! Great PJ!
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #48
Kristen14
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
I didn't think of it that way! But yea, good Idea! We are planning on using ours as part of our photo cost!
What do you do for photography? Can you hire a photographer?
Kristen14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #49
cameron991
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Cameron991! HI!

If you contact a Travel Agent and get them to set you up a Group Travel trip you get some benefits. You get to have welcome gift basket or bottle of wine in each room, you get to make sure your party will all be together for your main meal, you get $50 off of each room as a group booking discount and if you book 8 rooms you get an additional $400 on board credit added to your room.

It is no trouble at all. I am more then happy to share the information! I had a hard time finding someone to help me!
Thank you so much!! You have been very helpful! We don't plan to exceed the 50 guest limit...I would have been OK with 20 but now we are able to at least invite more people as I am sure they will not all choose to come.

If you do the group discount you mentioned do all the reservations need to be made at the same time?

Suzanne
Old 01-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #50
2002Disneybride
Disney Bride and now a Disney Mom!

Wink Wow!

I just stopped by as an old former Disney bride ( 5 years) , to say that I can't wait to read more about your DCL wedding! The ring is stunning and the invites also!
Congrats!
2002Disneybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #51
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanGdss View Post
Just found your PJ...love it!! We entertained the idea of a DCL wedding...but we have around 70 guests and his cousin already got married on a cruise ship. Anyhow...I LOVE the pics you have posted so far and LOVE the proposal!! We'll be cruising for our honeymoon on DCL about a month after your wedding.. I'll be thinking of you!

I hope you have a great Honeymoon!!!! It will be wonderful I am sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasess View Post
Your ring is sooo cute! Great PJ!

Thank you, My Boy did a Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002Disneybride View Post

I just stopped by as an old former Disney bride ( 5 years) , to say that I can't wait to read more about your DCL wedding! The ring is stunning and the invites also!
Congrats!
Thank you! I am glad people are enjoying it!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #52
Goldeelox9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron991
Thank you so much!! You have been very helpful! We don't plan to exceed the 50 guest limit...I would have been OK with 20 but now we are able to at least invite more people as I am sure they will not all choose to come.

If you do the group discount you mentioned do all the reservations need to be made at the same time?

Suzanne

No everyone doesn't have to book at once. You can get the "group" set up and then peole can reserve the cat. of room they want for a $50 deposit. Then whe they are ready to book they can book at any time. It works out great! We still have people who haven't booked yet, but as long as they are all booked through the group travel department everyone will get the $50 discount and the gift and be all link together!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Old 01-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #53
Goldeelox9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen14;
What do you do for photography? Can you hire a photographer?

Kristen...I guess you could hire a photographer, but they would need to be on the ship. Actually Disney has Photography on the ship and has a few packages. Here is the cost per our planning contract:

Photography Packages
The following packages are available through the ships’ photographers:

Wishes Package
$399.95
Includes:
30 – 5x7 Weddings Photographs
6 – 8x10 Weddings Photographs
1 – 8x10 Customized Portfolio
1 – Special Weddings Photo Album
1 Hour of Photography Services

Dreams Package
$599.95
Includes:
45 – 5x7 Weddings Photographs
10 - 8x10 Weddings Photographs
2 – 5x7 Customized Portfolios
1 – Special Weddings Photo Album

Magic Package
$899.95
Includes:
75 – 5x7 Weddings Photographs
15 – 8x10 Weddings Photographs
2 – 5x7 Customized Portfolios
2 – Special Weddings Albums
Photo CD

** Additional Options
Photo CD - $449.95
Extra 5x7’s - $6.95 ea.
Extra 8x10’s - $19.95 ea.

Additional Photography Services - $85.00 per hour.

Packages are charged to your onboard account.

We are going with the Magic Package since it includes all the photos on a cd. You can also get the Magic Kingdom Photos if you honeymoon in Disney since you are a Disney Fairytail Bride.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #54
Kristen14
DIS Veteran

Sounds great Lisa! It seems like there's really nothing extra you'd have to do... that would've saved me a lot of sanity!
Kristen14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #55
caryndisneydiva
DIS Veteran

those photo packages are great deals!

DFTW planning journal* DFTW Trip Report
It's always good to have a nice pair of handy.
caryndisneydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:11 AM   #56
BrcsDisneyPrncs
Mouseketeer

I never realized how reasonably priced the DCL weddings were, wish i would have known!!

Everything sounds great, congratulations!

BrcsDisneyPrncs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #57
JaxTeach
DIS Veteran

I'm glad I found your PJ! I will certainly be following your DCL wedding planning! DH and I were engaged on Castaway Cay last March and we got married at WDW this December. I've put a loooooong hold on any vow renewals, but I think DCL would be so much fun!! Hopefully they're still doing them in 10-15 years.

I love the dresses you're looking at. I am loving dress #5 because it is sort of similar to my wedding dress. Whatever you decide, you will look fantastic on your big day! Can't wait to read all about your planning.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #58
Wazzo
Is in need of a No Way Jose!
Just the unput I was looking for
I'm the undecided party

Hi Lisa, thanks for starting a DCL PJ, it's great to hear all the information!

Congratulations on your engagement, I LOVED hearing your story!

I think your makeup looks fantastic!! My favourite dresses are 3 and 5, but I'm sure you'll look FANTASTIC in any of them!

I just had some questions for you too, I hope you don't mind!

Do you know if you're able to have characters come to your cake reception at Palo?

Are you allowed/planning to wear your wedding gown to dinner at the rotational restaurant the night of your wedding?

Are you adding any time to your photography package? Or sticking with just the hour?
Wazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #59
shezfrombermuda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Caryn - We have a bunch of people coming with us! Like 30-40. I can not wait. Plus since I am still a Disney Fairytail Bride, I can still have a Magic Kingdom Photo Session!

B2B - I added you PJ to my list! You have so much done already! WOW!

Shez - Do you have a PJ? That is so awesome you will be on my Cruise!

Lov2b@Disney - Thanks, I was worried doing them myself that they would look Cheesy, but most people didn't even know I did them myself.

BostonBride - I was floored! He was so Thoughtful. Every year since we have been dating he has given me a SnowGlobe for Christmas, It has been "our Thing" and he said he couldn't propose with out one!

Ilovefh - Thank you!

Everyone - WELCOME!
Hi Lisa,

I really like dress number 2 and 5 as well!

I do not have a PJ yet. I don't feel like I have anything planned! I haven't been dress shopping, do not have invitations picked......... I am going down for a planning session in March so after that I will start one. Right now I think I am more excited about the cruise than the wedding!
Pop Century 2008, 2011, Caribbean Beach 1988, Port Orleans Riverside 2005, Polynesian 2009, Beach Club 2005, 2008, Beach Club Villas 2011, Animal Kingdom Kidani 2013, Disney Magic 2004, Disney Wonder 2008, Disney Dream 2013
shezfrombermuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #60
Goldeelox9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen14 View Post
Sounds great Lisa! It seems like there's really nothing extra you'd have to do... that would've saved me a lot of sanity!
Kristen - They take care of so much for you! It is great. We have alot of people coming and we are planning on coming to FL the day before the wedding and then my DF and I are taking everyone to Ohana's for Dinner, like a rehersal dinner. I have to plan all of that and book thier hotel rooms, but it is all stuff I love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryndisneydiva View Post
those photo packages are great deals!
They really are affordable and the best part, you get ALL of your finished photos before you get off of the ship! They print them right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrcsDisneyPrncs View Post
I never realized how reasonably priced the DCL weddings were, wish i would have known!!

Everything sounds great, congratulations!
Thank you! It is a great price! My dream was a Fairytail wedding in WDW, but didn't think I could afford it so DCL was the next best thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxTeach
I'm glad I found your PJ! I will certainly be following your DCL wedding planning! DH and I were engaged on Castaway Cay last March and we got married at WDW this December. I've put a loooooong hold on any vow renewals, but I think DCL would be so much fun!! Hopefully they're still doing them in 10-15 years.

I love the dresses you're looking at. I am loving dress #5 because it is sort of similar to my wedding dress. Whatever you decide, you will look fantastic on your big day! Can't wait to read all about your planning.
Thank you! Castaway Cay is a great place, how special to get engaged there! I read your Planning Journal, your wedding sounded wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzo;
Hi Lisa, thanks for starting a DCL PJ, it's great to hear all the information!

Congratulations on your engagement, I LOVED hearing your story!

I think your makeup looks fantastic!! My favourite dresses are 3 and 5, but I'm sure you'll look FANTASTIC in any of them!

I just had some questions for you too, I hope you don't mind!

Do you know if you're able to have characters come to your cake reception at Palo?

Are you allowed/planning to wear your wedding gown to dinner at the rotational restaurant the night of your wedding?

Are you adding any time to your photography package? Or sticking with just the hour?
Thank you soo much!

I am not sure that the official word on Characters is, I did read Oceanlvr's Wedding Report and I know him and his wife had Cinderella at thier Palo Reception.

You are allowed to wear your dress to dinner. I am not going to only because I have a Magic Kingdom Photo Shoot planned for the first day of our honeymoon and I am scared I would spill something on my dress. LOL

I am not sure if I am adding any time to my photo package. Most likely not since we are doing the Magic Kingdom/Epcot Photo sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezfrombermuda;
Hi Lisa,

I really like dress number 2 and 5 as well!

I do not have a PJ yet. I don't feel like I have anything planned! I haven't been dress shopping, do not have invitations picked......... I am going down for a planning session in March so after that I will start one. Right now I think I am more excited about the cruise than the wedding!
Please come back and let us all know as soon as you have your Planning Journal started!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: