Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
Steffiesunshine
I wish I could ride the TTA everyday!

I am leaving in 7 days and I have the FLU!

I have so much to do, and can't do anything!!!

I'm pretty sure I'm getting strep throat too.

WHYYYYY!!!!

2008: All Star Movies Jan 2009: Wilderness Lodge!
Dec 2010: Coronado Springs Resort
Steffiesunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
NicInNC
Mouseketeer

Get ye to a doctor. If you ARE getting strep, they can do a repid test and if it comes back postive, then after a couple days of antibiotics, you'll be feeling better.

Also, if it truly is the flu (they can diagnose it by swabbing the inside of your nose), they can give you Tamiflu, which will shorten the duration of the flu. My kids both got Influenze type A last year and our entire family was given Tamiflu. Me and hubby never caught it and the kids got over the flu real quick once they started the Tamiflu.

Hope you feel better soon!

Our surprise Disney Scavenger Hunt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsWcKp10mls

NicInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
scottybnyc
Yes, I'm a 23 year old Male Elementary School Teacher. Surprised? So am I!

You poor dear!!! I swear by Zicam and Airborne. I OD on them when I'm sick and I'm good within 72 hours. I would also get a menthol inhaler or vapor rub (same thing essentially). Nobody should be sick when they go to the World.

Feel better soon!!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:33 AM   #4
DISNEYmooner2008
Mommy to a Princess

Oh I am sooo sorry you are sick, and i sympathize with you. I've been fighting a cold on and off for a few weeks now!! This morning I woke up with a 103 temp, terrible cough, and tight chest. As the day progressed I started having really sharp chest pains and they are still continuing. I should have went to the doctor, but stupid me worked on wedding programs. Maybe tomorrow I should run to the doctor for a check... I am getting married in 6 days and we are honeymooning at Disney in 7..... Oh..... I'm sad now.... I can't do all I have to do and be sick at the same time!!! I totally sympathize with you OP!! Poor, poor, pitiful us!! I hope you get to feeling better - my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!!
February 2010 - Grandparent's first trip - Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2011 - 4 day Bahama's DCL/4 days @ Beach Club

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va2qfx45nwaimr5.png[/img]

February 2010 Pre-Trippie
DISNEYmooner2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
Steffiesunshine
I wish I could ride the TTA everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYmooner2008 View Post
Oh I am sooo sorry you are sick, and i sympathize with you. I've been fighting a cold on and off for a few weeks now!! This morning I woke up with a 103 temp, terrible cough, and tight chest. As the day progressed I started having really sharp chest pains and they are still continuing. I should have went to the doctor, but stupid me worked on wedding programs. Maybe tomorrow I should run to the doctor for a check... I am getting married in 6 days and we are honeymooning at Disney in 7..... Oh..... I'm sad now.... I can't do all I have to do and be sick at the same time!!! I totally sympathize with you OP!! Poor, poor, pitiful us!! I hope you get to feeling better - my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!!
Oh my gosh! My vacation is really no big deal...I hope you get better very quickly for your wedding. I'm sure all the last minute details really are wearing you down...you have to try to get some rest.

I had severe food poisoning for 5 of my 10 day honeymoon in St. Lucia, so I know what it's like to ruin what should be a wonderful memory.

Take care and I will send all my good thoughts to you getting better!

2008: All Star Movies Jan 2009: Wilderness Lodge!
Dec 2010: Coronado Springs Resort
Steffiesunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #6
DISNEYmooner2008
Mommy to a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffiesunshine View Post
Oh my gosh! My vacation is really no big deal...I hope you get better very quickly for your wedding. I'm sure all the last minute details really are wearing you down...you have to try to get some rest.

I had severe food poisoning for 5 of my 10 day honeymoon in St. Lucia, so I know what it's like to ruin what should be a wonderful memory.

Take care and I will send all my good thoughts to you getting better!
Hope you are feeling better today, and any vacation is a big deal!!!! I'm so sorry about your honeymoon, I hope I get better before we leave!!! I went to the doc this morning - they did a chest xray, breathing treatment, and gave me a steroid shot - said I had bronchitis. He gave me a prescription for some cough meds, inhaler, and 7 days worth of an oral steroid... NOT A GOOD THING. Steroids make me swell SOOOO Bad!!! I told him my wedding was in 6 days and he asked if i would rather cough or swell?? I said COUGH My mom is a pharmacist and she said to take it for 3 days to see how bad it makes me swell, if it's too bad take a water pill and that may help. Hopefully all will go well!!! He said if I wasn't better by Thursday he would call me in an antibiotic... UHHH... why didn't he just do that today and save the trouble?? Oh well... I'm thinking I'll call Tuesday and ask for it just to be on the safe side!
February 2010 - Grandparent's first trip - Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2011 - 4 day Bahama's DCL/4 days @ Beach Club

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va2qfx45nwaimr5.png[/img]

February 2010 Pre-Trippie
DISNEYmooner2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: