Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Ringing in the New Year DISNEY STYLE! - PICS & VIDEO - ***NEW 3/28/08

Hello and welcome to my trip report!
Let me first begin by saying that Disney is the most magical place to be, especially during the holiday season. DH and I are avid travelers and Disney keeps bringing us back year after year. Although we are always visiting new destinations, Disney has become an addiction that insures that it will continue to be an annual destination for years to come.

On to the cast:

Lynne – Me! (31) – I love ALL things Disney……my parents turned me on to Disney at a young age and it continues to hold its magic! I’ve been to WDW 20ish times…..I’ve lost count with the numerous times I’ve gone. I have also been to DL twice, with the most recent trip being this past summer. Photography is tops on my list of favorites. I promise TONS of pics in this TR! I am also a compulsive travel planner. I am constantly searching for the latest and greatest destination….AND constantly researching the ins and outs of the destinations I look into. I tend to drive my DH a bit crazy due to my obsessive planning ………but, I figure that he benefits from it too because he gets to go on some great trips!

Chris – DH (31) – My best friend and the love of my life! Chris is definitely a Disney fan, but not a fanatic like me. This will be DH’s 8th trip to the World! He made his first trip to DL this past summer. DH says that he works extra hard to help fund my expensive addiction to travel. Chris also loves to watch/play football and is interested in ALL things electronic, especially computers.

Here are a couple of random shots from past Disney trips! You will soon learn that we love to have fun, often act goofy, and make the best of each and every situation.

We also have two furry kiddos! Brandi and Bailey will be staying with my parents while we are away. They love their vacations too!

New Year’s Eve has become a "Disney tradition" in our household. Although we love going to Disney during ALL times of the year, the holiday season just seems extra special and magical. This will be our 4th trip ringing in the New Year! We will be in WDW from December 29th – January 3rd.

When booking this trip, we had many discussions about where to stay. Originally, we wanted to stay at the Wilderness Lodge (One of our favs!). However, we ended up booking Pop Century because of a little addition to the end of our vacation. Instead of leaving to go home on the 3rd, we will be headed to board a cruise ship for a short trip to the Bahamas (Unfortunately it’s not DCL!)! We've stayed at Pop a few times and have loved our time spent there (Which is so little due to park time......c'mon, we are in Disney!), so we are expecting and hoping for another great stay!

Again, welcome aboard and I’m glad you found my trippie! I will try to add as many details as possible and I promise tons of pictures. I may even add in some video! I can’t believe that we leave Saturday!!!

I will leave you with one of my favorite pictures from a past trip! Seeing the castle is the easiest way to brighten my day and make me smile…

Last edited by Spartangirl; 03-28-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

The Plan!

A little background info...

As I have already stated, I am an obsessive, compulsive, travel planner. I like to have EVERYTHING planned out....day, afternoon, & night! DH is completely opposite of me! He is very laid back and tends to go with the flow.

This past summer, when we went to Disneyland, DH made me promise that our trip would be a "little more laid back" if we were going to spend time in the parks. Although it was tough to give up "some control," I happily jumped on the band-wagon so that our trip would be possible. Once again, DH wants a more laid-back approach to taking on the parks.......this time, at WDW! We've always done the commando-style touring in the past, getting in as much as possible........always going back to the rooms exhausted at the end of the day. However, since our DL trip was so enjoyable, I've decided to give it a whirl at the World!

WHEN:
Saturday, December 29th - Thursday, January 3rd (WDW)
Thursday, January 3rd - Sunday, January 6th (Bahamas Cruise)

WHERE:
Pop Century Preferred Room

TICKETS:
5 Day MYW PH Plus Dining

I made my ADR's at the 180 day mark, so we were fortunate enough to get everything that we wanted!

Saturday, December 29th - Kona Cafe'- Dinner
(Since we enjoy the Kona breakfast so much, we decided to try dinner too! )

Sunday, December 30th - Kona Cafe' - Breakfast
(We LOVE having breakfast at KONA! )
Mama Melrose - Dinner
(Fantasmic! Package )

Monday, December 31st - Rose and Crown
(We're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be able to ring in the New Year at the Rose and Crown at 7 p.m.! )

Tuesday, January 1st - Planet Hollywood - Dinner
(DH loves this place! )

Wednesday, January 2nd - Le Cellier - Dinner
(One of our favorites! )

So there you have it......that's our plan! Only 3 more days and then we are off!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Have a GREAT trip!!! Can't wait to hear
all about it on your return and all those fabulous
pics you promise. Wishing you a magical adventure!!
Old 12-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Have a GREAT trip!!! Can't wait to hear
all about it on your return and all those fabulous
pics you promise. Wishing you a magical adventure!!

I'm so excited to have a reader! You're first!!! Thank you for the well wishes.......I can't wait to leave!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 03:40 AM   #5
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

I'm excited to see another TR from Spartangirl! Have a great time!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I'm excited to see another TR from Spartangirl! Have a great time!
Thank you...Saturday can't come soon enough! And... to my new TR!!! I appreciate you joining me for another trip!
Old 12-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #7
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Yes, I'm doing a happy dance!!!

We leave TOMORROW morning!!!

Today the plan is to drop my dogs off at my parents' house.

AND...

We still have to pack......I've gotten a few things together, but I need to make some changes after looking at the forecast for the week. It looks like our first couple of days will be in the low 80s, followed by a couple of days in the 70s, and then a cold front is coming through with a temperature drop to the 50s........ In addition, there is a chance of rain for a couple of the evenings......ponchos are a must (unfortunately!). But, with all that aside.......the weather doesn't really matter because we will be in DISNEY!!!

I have a favor to ask...please keep your fingers crossed for us......we may be getting some snow here in Michigan tonight. I just want a safe takeoff and flight tomorrow morning...

Anywho........"See you all real soon!" I look forward to sharing my adventures! "We're going to Disney World!!!"

Last edited by Spartangirl; 12-28-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #8
erin.w
DIS Veteran

I will be following your trip report. I like to read about other younger couples enjoying Disney, as much as we do.
2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
2012 - Feb. AKL, May - AKL & DCL, Oct. BLT
Old 12-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #9
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Hope you have fun!! We're leaving Sunday, so we'll be there too!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #10
cdotla
Trish

Can't wait...I am getting in early for this one!
Old 12-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #11
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Yay! Have fun! Can't wait to read all about your DISventures!

Old 12-28-2007, 04:17 PM   #12
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Another Spartangirl trippie! Sounds like another wonderful trip and I can't wait to read all about it. You're eating at two of my favorite places, Kona Cafe and LeCellier - YUM!

Hope you don't get too much snow tonight and get out save and sound!

PS - I'm sitting here watching your Spartans as I'm typing this, they just went down by a touchdown though
Old 12-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin.w View Post
I will be following your trip report. I like to read about other younger couples enjoying Disney, as much as we do.
Welcome and thanks for joining in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Hope you have fun!! We're leaving Sunday, so we'll be there too!
Welcome to my TR! Have a magical trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Can't wait...I am getting in early for this one!
Glad you are on board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Yay! Have fun! Can't wait to read all about your DISventures!

Thank you, thank you! Welcome to my report! In 8 hours we'll be headed for the airport! Let the DISventures begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Another Spartangirl trippie! Sounds like another wonderful trip and I can't wait to read all about it. You're eating at two of my favorite places, Kona Cafe and LeCellier - YUM!

Hope you don't get too much snow tonight and get out save and sound!

PS - I'm sitting here watching your Spartans as I'm typing this, they just went down by a touchdown though

Thanks for joining me for another report!!!

It started snowing earlier today and I got a little worried.......but, then it turned to rain. I'm hoping for the best!

The Spartans are making me a bit worried......they're still down, but only by 4. Hopefully they will pull through!

I hope all of you have a wonderful New Year and I will be back to post in 2008!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:00 PM   #14
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

The last thing I need is another trippie to follow but I couldn't resist! Spartan fans must stick together!

So sad. We lost.

Anyway... you take fabulous pictures and I can't wait to see more! I hope you don't get too much snow up there!

Have a great trip and see ya when you get back!!!

Old 12-29-2007, 07:29 AM   #15
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

I know I already missed you but I will be here awaiting your TR!!!

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: