Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #76
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

OMG VERYYYY CUTE PICTURES!!!!

I look forward to your daily posts!! Very cute outfit, gotta love Ebay!!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:35 AM   #77
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Another great update. I LOVE YOU Pics of the parade. Glad you got to enjoy the fireworks and parade (and that shopping). Can't wait to hear more.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #78
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

I love DD's outfit. So freaking adorable.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #79
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update and pics. I love early admission.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #80
cdotla
Trish

DAY 2 (CON'T): ROPE DROP AT MAGIC KINGDOM

To have already experienced a Magical Breakfast inside the Castle when the rope drop occurred was great!

Rope Drop is always exciting. I always marvel at how a little DIsney Magic can do wonders - even though I am not generally a morning person I am always raring to go in the mornings at WDW. It completely changes my outlook on this time of day!

So there we were, standing at the Castle Walkway Rope Drop, literally well ahead of the masses at the Magic Kingdom main Rope Drop.

Now Ariel's Grotto was our First Priority of the Day. We had missed this entirely on our May Trip due to the long waits and of course Ariel just happened to be DD's Favourite Princess.

That said, the Grotto didn't open until 10am. Therefore we had almost an hour after Park Opening to do some other things.

I had been debating for awhile what our first Priority would be at Rope Drop. It was coming down to Dumbo (quite honestly, not the most amazing ride, just the longest line up!), or to go to Tink's Treasures to wake up Tinkerbell.

We had never tried to wake up Tinkerbell before and after hearing on the Disboards how much of a challenge it was becoming to be the first person into the Shop each morning for the privilege to do so, I found myself caught up in the hype and decided that this would be our first destination.

As I didn't want to disappoint DD if we did not make it in time I chose not to tell her what was awaiting us.

Finally, the CM we were standing beside dropped the rope and the 8 or so other families we were standing beside took off for their destinations and we took off for ours. No one, including us, was even walking fast let alone running. What a difference to the main Rope Drop which can be almost a stampede at times!

We kind of causally sauntered over to Tink's Treasures. To be honest, it isn't identified on the Park Map and I had not scouted it out the day before to know exactly where it was located. However, I found it easily enough and walked in with DD.

When we arrived, we were the first ones inside. There were about 2 or 3 CMs inside who greeted us. No one offered to allow DD the chance to wake Tink so I told DD she should ask. Just as she was starting to open her mouth, another family burst in the door who had obviously been racing at a flat out pace from the main Rope Drop. The mother quickly looked at us standing at the front cash and let out a deep groan.

Before I could volunteer to allow this family the chance to wake Tink with us, the CM asked if everyone (meaning all of the children - by this point about 4 of them) wanted to wake Tink. Of course, they all did.

The CMs then handed all the children the special wands and they all took turns tapping the box to "wake" Tink.

After every child had their chance to tap the box, the CMs turned on the magical pixie dust lighting in the store, which was supposed to represent Tink flying around the store.

The whole experience was pretty brief and to be honest, a bit anti-climatic. The specialness of this experience was somewhat lost on both me and DD. The longest part was waiting for the CM's to prepare the certificate given to each child indicating that they had woken up Tink on September 29, 2007.

By the time we got out of there it was probably 9:10 - 9:15am and by this point the line up for Dumbo was already at least 20-25 families deep.

While I guess I would always have wondered what we were missing if we had not experienced Waking Up Tink ourselves, I can guarantee that unless I had an Annual Pass and made many trips to the MK, I would not waste my time again at Park Opening on this event.

Of course I had at least a 15 - 20 minute wait in line at Dumbo to kick myself for not making a beeline to this ride instead of taking the Tink detour. I figure we could have ridden Dumbo twice before we even got to the head of the line if we had come here first.

After riding Dumbo it was about 9:35 am and we made our way over to the Washrooms by Ariel's Grotto. DD had a special outfit which she wanted to wear to meet Ariel so we did a quick outfit change and then went to get in line. Surprisingly, even 20 minutes before Ariel's Grotto was even scheduled to open, there were already about 10 children in line!

As it was still early and not too hot, the wait in the line up outside for Ariel was not too bad. And of course, DD was more excited for this than anything else that we had done at WDW.

Finally, it was our turn to meet Ariel. This Ariel was simply made for the part. In addition to looking just like Ariel, she had such a kind, pleasant demeanour and took such interest in all of the children.

Of course Ariel noticed DD's outfit and complimented her on it right away. She also spent a considerable amount of time with not only DD but each and every child. Obviously that is what makes the line up so long, but also makes for such a pleasant experience when you get to the front of the line.

Ariel had a nice chat with DD and showed her how she uses her "fork" to brush her hair:

Then we said our goodbyes and were off. DD was positively beaming! She was soooo happy!!!

Up Next: Our Full Day of Fun and Adventure Continues at the Magic Kingdom
Old 01-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #81
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

Ahh!

So sweet! We missed Ariel last trip because of the line too. She is DD6 favorite princess so I'm hoping we have this good of an experience this time. Your daughter is so precious!
Old 01-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #82
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Glad you had such a great experience meeting Ariel! Your daughter looks like she is having the time of her life.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #83
2kids1dog
Mouseketeer

I am really enjoying your TR. Thanks!
09/09 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 08/10 - Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 11/11 - Old Key West ~ 08/12 - Coronado Springs ~ 08/13 - Yacht Club ~ 8/14 - Animal Kingdom Villas, 3 day cruise on the Disney Dream, Polynesian
Old 01-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #84
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

looks like she really enjoyed meeting Ariel. great pics.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #85
chiefdragon
DIS Veteran

Loving you new installments of your TR. DD is so cute. Love the outfits. Where did you ever get these from. I would love to do this with my DD who is 2 and we are planning a major family trip when she is 5 (that gives me 3 years to get things made).
Old 01-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #86
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Geez, I can't help but comment on your DD's outfits, I mean they are just too cute!!! I wish my mom had Ebay when I was that little cuz I know 100% I would have been dressed just like your DD.

I can't wait to hear more!!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #87
cdotla
Trish

Ebay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdragon View Post
Loving you new installments of your TR. DD is so cute. Love the outfits. Where did you ever get these from. I would love to do this with my DD who is 2 and we are planning a major family trip when she is 5 (that gives me 3 years to get things made).
Old 01-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #88
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Love the last two installments. The outfits are quite cute. My DD is 2 now but we are going to go when she's 4 and she'll be having some of those outfits. I plan on trying to sew them myself too. Tell your DD Ariel is my favorite too.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #89
cdotla
Trish

DAY 3 (CON'T) FIRST FULL DAY AT MAGIC KINGDOM

After leaving Ariel's Grotto, we made our way over to Toontown. We arrived at about 10:05 - 10:10 am but missed the opening with the characters. We made our way directly to the Barnstormer but just missed Goofy!

Given that DD had ridden on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain many times during our May Trip (in fact, they were her favourites), we had quickly passed by the Barnstormer in May without even stopping.

In fact, the only reason we came over to the Barnstormer this morning was to try to catch up with Goofy.

Surprisingly, DD enjoyed this ride immensely. I wrongly assumed it would be too slow-paced for her but she loved it! In fact, right after getting off she wanted to go again, so we did!

After that we went to see Mickey in the Judge's Tent. We had never been to see him here before and I was surprised how fast the line moved with the old vintage cartoons to pass the time!

By this point we had just about finished up in Toontown. Although we popped our heads into the Hall of Fame, the waits to see the Princesses were about 15- 20 minutes long. Unlike the Character Greeting at Epcot, where you wait in one line and then get through to all of the characters, here you had to wait in one line for one character and then walk to the end to get back in another line up for the next characters. We passed this one by as we obviously had more than enough character photos already.

We made our way to the Train Station and hopped on the Train for Frontierland. We rode both Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain and then made our way way over to Pecos Bills for lunch.

Apart from our Trip in May, the last time I had been to WDW was about 10 years earlier. The May Trip was the first time I had returned to the Parks since having kids. While I am sure I had eaten at Pecos Bills before given that I have been to WDW around 10 -12 times, I had only a vague recollection of it and I am sure it had changed since my last visit anyway.

We were pleasantly surprised with this place. The food was good (I had the Taco Salad - yummy!) and DD had the Chicken Fingers.

The only thing that I wasn't pleased about was the service. When we arrived the lines were very long - afterall, this is a very popular place. After waiting in line for about 10 minutes, we finally got to the front of the line and were advised that we would have to get in another line up as that particular cashier could not accept the Disney Dining Plan.

Now this to me seemed ridiculous! After scanning around I did see a very small sign which was not at all prominent advising that the line up I chose was not equipt to accept the Dining Plan Cards. However, you really had to look.

Both me and the gentleman waiting behind me were upset as we had not noticed the sign, nor had the two CMs standing around the entrance to the line ups chatting with one another advised anyone entering our line that we would not be able to use the Dining Plan cards.

After we spoke to the Manager (who incidentally was one of the two CMs I mentioned who had been chatting near the entrance to the line ups) and requested that we be served without having to go to the back of another long line up, he simply refused to accomodate us or do anything for us.

So we were forced to wait in another line up, which by this point was more like a 15 minute line up as the lunchtime rush had hit in full force.

So please beware and make sure that you DO NOT get in the 1st line up to the left when you are standing waiting to place your order if you intend to use the Dining Plan.

Also, beware that Customer Service (based on my experience) seems non-existent here. They obviously have a strong customer base so apparently they can employ people in management with no people skills and still be one of the busiest counterservice restaurants in the Magic Kingdom.

While we will likely be back again for the food, the price, and the convenience, we will not be returning for the service!

After lunch we took off for the Haunted Mansion. This was our first time visiting since the rehabilitation. Everytime I go on this ride I wish that someone was riding with me who could explain all the neat little tidbits and interesting features of the attraction that I always feel I am missing as I ride through it. Overall I thought the upgrades were great, especially the addition of the Bride at the end.

After this, we went to try our very first Dole Whip. This is obviously something I never would have known about had it not been for the Disboards! We enjoyed a nice little break sitting and enjoying our treats on a nearby bench. DD had a small Dole Whip and I had the float. While it was good, I found both to be a little too sweet for my liking. DD loved them though.

After our Dole Whips we went over to ride Aladin's Magic Carpets and saw our first ever performance of the Tiki Birds. We both thought this show was really cute. At home we have a great Disney CD and were familiar with the main theme song (The Tiki Room), but now that we saw the show the song has more meaning for us.

After the show, we no sooner got DD back in her stroller and were deciding what to do and debating whether to stay for the Parade when it started to rain. It started off slowly and then quickly turned into a heavy downpour.

With people running everywhere, we quickly made our way to the first available shelter in the covered porch in Frontierland next to the Country Bear Jamboree.

There we sat sandwiched between a ton of other people waiting out the storm for the next 20 minutes or so. Eventually it let up a bit and I decided to breakdown and purchase 2 WDW ponchos. Although we had the cheap versions in our backpack, those were pretty well useless in rain like this.

By this point the rain had largely subsided so we both put on our ponchos and headed out toward Main Street.

As we were close to the 3pm Dreams Come True Parade, we decided to stay for the Parade. Although we had just seen the Parade in May, we both loved it and wanted to see it again.

We arrived at the Town Hall Circle at about 2:40pm. This is where we had watched the Parade during our May Trip and I figured this would put us right at the Park Exit to hop on the Bus for CBR when it ended.

However, as we were walking down Main Street the skies were looking threatening once again and I was not sure the rain would hold off for the Parade.

Up Next:

Do we or don't we get to see the Parade?

-and-

First Haircut at the Main Street Barbershop

(Sorry for the lack of photos on this thread - they will be back in full force next post!)

Last edited by cdotla; 01-01-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #90
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

Your daughter is so adorable and her outfits are so cute. I especially love the photos of her with Ariel. Looking forward to reading more about your special mother/daughter trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: