Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2007, 11:32 PM   #61
cdotla
Trish

Thanks everyone for following along and for your kind words.

Honestly without this forum I would have no audience for my Disney enthusiasm! My love of the Mouse is not shared by anyone I know with the exception of my 2 and 4 year olds!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:01 AM   #62
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

Too cute

Really enjoying your trip report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2007, 12:17 AM   #63
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

what a great update. the pics of the parade are fantastic. I say good for you for staying. she was sleeping and it did not bother her and you got to see what u wanted. both of u won.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:28 AM   #64
tadamom
DIS Veteran

Another great update! The pics are great and makes me want to plan a trip to Disney during Halloween!
June 2004 - Michael's 1st trip to Disney World -- Old Key West May 2007 - Parker's 1st trip to Disney World -- Pop Century & 4 nights @ SSR Grand Villa October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!
[COLOR="Lime"]November 2013 - Coronado Springs! B'day trip for Parker![/COLORMarch 2014 - 1 night at Pop Century for SIL's Disney wedding!

Old 12-31-2007, 07:10 AM   #65
cdotla
Trish

Honestly, I have every intention of getting back to Disney within a couple of years specifically for this Event. And I WILL be in Costume!

(PS - I think I recognize you from the disboutique thread that I started. Mine you I haven't been over there in ages!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadamom View Post
Another great update! The pics are great and makes me want to plan a trip to Disney during Halloween!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:06 AM   #66
tadamom
DIS Veteran

Yes, I am from the disboutique thread! I love that thread and wow has it taken off!!!!!!!! I started posting to that thread a several pages after you started it and I am still there now! Thanks for starting that thread!!!
June 2004 - Michael's 1st trip to Disney World -- Old Key West May 2007 - Parker's 1st trip to Disney World -- Pop Century & 4 nights @ SSR Grand Villa October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!
[COLOR="Lime"]November 2013 - Coronado Springs! B'day trip for Parker![/COLORMarch 2014 - 1 night at Pop Century for SIL's Disney wedding!

Old 12-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #67
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

I just found your report and am loving it! I've done a few mother/daughter trips and they are just the best. Our first one was in 2005 when Samantha was five and that was probably the most magical. It was all new to her and she was definately really into the princesses and the magic of everything. Don't get me wrong - she still loves Disney but there is somthing about that age that is just priceless!

Love the BBB pictures - the reveal pic is so great!

I love the EWP also - I guess I am a "classic" Disney person as well. We stayed at the Poly a few times in the 70's (as a kid) and I haven't been back since - will have to try that (at least to watch the EWP and Wishes).

So great that you got to watch the MNSSHP fireworks and parade while your DD slept! We missed them both because Sam was just too tired and cranky. Maybe I should have gotten a stroller.

Can't wait for more!
Old 12-31-2007, 10:21 AM   #68
cdotla
Trish

Michelle - I actually read both of your TRs and loved them! Sam is such a cutie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
I just found your report and am loving it! I've done a few mother/daughter trips and they are just the best. Our first one was in 2005 when Samantha was five and that was probably the most magical. It was all new to her and she was definately really into the princesses and the magic of everything. Don't get me wrong - she still loves Disney but there is somthing about that age that is just priceless!

Love the BBB pictures - the reveal pic is so great!

I love the EWP also - I guess I am a "classic" Disney person as well. We stayed at the Poly a few times in the 70's (as a kid) and I haven't been back since - will have to try that (at least to watch the EWP and Wishes).

So great that you got to watch the MNSSHP fireworks and parade while your DD slept! We missed them both because Sam was just too tired and cranky. Maybe I should have gotten a stroller.

Can't wait for more!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:47 PM   #69
fireworks fan
Mouseketeer

Hi, I just wanted to de-lurk and say that I am really enjoying your trip report. I would love to take a mother-daughter trip too. What a great idea Minus the stolen camera of course
Old 12-31-2007, 03:20 PM   #70
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Michelle - I actually read both of your TRs and loved them! Sam is such a cutie!
Thanks! I thought you "looked" familiar!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #71
cdotla
Trish

DAY 3: FIRST FULL DAY AT MAGIC KINGDOM, INCLUDING BREAKFAST AT CINDERELLA'S ROYAL TABLE

Our First Full Day at the Magic Kingdom started with an 8:05 am reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Let it be known that miracles do happen - I secured this reservation just days before our Trip!

After two jam packed days, including the late night the evening before, I was a bit apprehensive with our Early Morning Breakfast with Cinderella. I think I was up half the night worried that we would sleep through the resevation!

We got up at 6:30am and very quickly got ready and headed out for the bus stop by 7:20am. We made good time and arrived at the gates by 7:45 - 7:50am - perfect timing!

Finally, after arriving at the Park in plenty of time for our 8:05am reservation, I was able to relax and get ready for a great day.

We got off the bus and walked to the turnstiles with a spring in our step. At the gates there was a special line forming for all of the people like us with Early Morning Dining Reservations which allowed us to get into the Park before Park Opening at 9am.

Just as we were standing in line behind about 10 other families waiting for them to start letting everyone with Early Morning Dining Reservations into the Park it hit me - I did not have our Park Passes!!!

After frantically searching all pockets and every one of the million pouches and pockets on my Baggallini, I finally realized that I had likely left the Passes in my pants pocket from the evening before at the Halloween Party.

Obviously by this point there was no way that I could return to CBR to get the passes without missing our Dining Reservation with Cinderella.

With fright setting in, I stepped out of line and made my way over to Guest Services. In no time they were able to look up our Park Passes online as they were linked in the system to our reservations. They then issued us duplicate passes for the day - Whew!

By this point it was about 7:55am and they had started to let the people with Early Morning Dining Resevations into the Park. Once again we had the privilege of getting into the Park while it was largely deserted. What a great feeling!

And looking back down Main Street towards the Park Entrance:

We eventually made our way up Main Street and to the Castle where we checked in for our reservation. In time time we were then ushered inside where we waited in a line to pose for our pictures with Cinderella.

While I was in line, DD took the opportunity to rest on a couch in the foyer. I think she was still a little groggy from the late nite!

During our May Trip, we had also dined at the Castle with the whole Family for Dinner and loved it. While I have read many mixed (and negative) reviews of the place, I thought that the food and service was excellent both times we went. Plus, the atmosphere of being inside the Castle is like nothing else! Cinderella's Royal Table remains my most favourite Dining experiences at WDW.

While I am not a food picture-taker, the hot Breakfast Platter was really great, and a little different than your standard "eggs and bacon" fare. In addition to srambled eggs and bacon, you get French Toast and some delicious pastries that are to-die-for. DD & I both enjoyed them! They also provide a "Healthy Choice" breakfast option with granola and yogurt.

When we were there for Dinner, I had the Prime Rib. I thought it was excellent and I am a true Prime Rib lover.

During Breakfast, all of the Princess characters come to visit you at your table to sign autographs and pose for pictures.

For Supper, there are no character visits, only a song and dance performed by the Fairy Godmother and the Mice.

During both Meals, the kids receive either a wand (Supper) or some wishing stars (Breakfast) and have a brief participatory role in a little song near the end of the meal.

During the Meals, your server will also come around to provide you with a complimentary photograph in a nice keepsake from the picture with Cinderella at the entrance to the Castle.

Personally, I think that the Castle Dining Experience is one not to be missed, especially if you have young children.

At the end of our Meal, we made our way downstairs just as it was almost approaching 9am. We waited inside the Castle Walkway at the Entrance to Fantasyland in front of the rope with about 8 other families.

Stay tuned - Rope Drop to the start of our Day in the Magic Kingdom is up next!

Last edited by cdotla; 01-01-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #72
Tora Millypoops
Cleaning my Ears

Grea pictures and trip report. I'm really enjoying it.

Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction.

1998-May-Sequoia Lodge-DLP; 1999-May-Newport Bay-DLP; 2001-March-Disney's Allstars Movies Resort-WDW; 2003-March-Holiday Inn-I Drive; 2006-April-Port Orleans French Quarter-WDW; 2007-October-Saratoga Springs Resort-WDW; 2008-October-Saratoga Springs/Boardwalk Villas&Vero Beach-WDW; 2009-Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom Villas

Old 01-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #73
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Thanks everyone for following along and for your kind words.

Honestly without this forum I would have no audience for my Disney enthusiasm! My love of the Mouse is not shared by anyone I know with the exception of my 2 and 4 year olds!
I know this feeling!!
Loved your CRT update and review. I agree as I have only had excellent food and service at CRT. Love the pics of your DD. I love the outfit too. Do you sell on ebay?
Old 01-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #74
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Love your update - great pics of the castle and CRT. We had dinner there last year and also had a great time. Love your DD's outfit for the day!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #75
cdotla
Trish

Yes, I do love eBay! That's where we obtained most of DD's outfits for this Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
I know this feeling!!
Loved your CRT update and review. I agree as I have only had excellent food and service at CRT. Love the pics of your DD. I love the outfit too. Do you sell on ebay?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: