Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #271
kendallt
Mouseketeer

Hi there,

I came across your trip report a few weeks ago and became instantly addicted! We're going to WDW for the first time in August, and I have a daughter who's close to your daughter's age, so I think I've been living vicariously through you.

Anyway, I didn't subscribe to the thread containing your report and every since have been searching everywhere trying to find it again (Obviously, I was finally successful!)

I'd love to have the Ebay username of the seller from whom you purchased your daughter's precious outfits. If you don't mind, please PM me, or you can send the info. to logie424@hotmail.com.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with the "rest of us." I look forward to hearing from you (sorry this post is so long).

Old 04-08-2008, 01:38 AM   #272
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyday123 View Post
ok...I couldn't get through the first page without crying like a little girl!! Your daughter is beautiful! I did kind of hold it together until I saw the pic's of her dancing in front of the piano....I was worried my daughter wouldn't have fun with just her and I ( I'm planning a suprise trip in November!) but now I know just how special it will be.
Thanks for posting! You will have a fabulous time!

Although my daughter and I are returning in May with DH and DS (yes, the bug has bitten hard!), DD and I are already plotting another solo trip together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
Hi there,

I came across your trip report a few weeks ago and became instantly addicted! We're going to WDW for the first time in August, and I have a daughter who's close to your daughter's age, so I think I've been living vicariously through you.

Anyway, I didn't subscribe to the thread containing your report and every since have been searching everywhere trying to find it again (Obviously, I was finally successful!)

I'd love to have the Ebay username of the seller from whom you purchased your daughter's precious outfits. If you don't mind, please PM me, or you can send the info. to logie424@hotmail.com.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with the "rest of us." I look forward to hearing from you (sorry this post is so long).
So glad you found me....I've been here all along - LOL! I have PM'd you. Good luck with your outfits!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #273
I~heart~Mickey
Mouseketeer

Your trip report was AMAZING!!!! Your daughter looked like she had a great time!!! I really love her outfits!!!!

Silver Lake Resort (Off site) - 5/08

Beach Club Villas - 10/07

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mrfqhlpinwkdu.png[/img]
Old 04-25-2008, 10:16 PM   #274
cdotla
Trish

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I~heart~Mickey View Post
Your trip report was AMAZING!!!! Your daughter looked like she had a great time!!! I really love her outfits!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:18 AM   #275
r4blessings
DIS Veteran

I read your trip report back in January and LOVED It! I was thriled to see it again the other day! You have inspired me to take a mother/daughter trip one of these days but in the meantime to have a mother/daughter day when we are there in August this year! My dd Katie just turned 4 in January and I just love, love, love that age. Don't get me wrong.....she is a handful! My three boys (9, 6,2) put together are way easier! But my heart doesn't skip a beat when they meet darth vader or the storm troopers like it does when my dd meets the princesses!

I have several questions for you....

I loved the pics of your daughter dancing to the piano in the grand floridian and I am the new proud owner of a cannon rebel xti also! I will not be letting it out of my sight but how did you get the pics of her blurry and the piano player crystal clear? What setting did you use?

Next, I posted on the family board, but didn't get a huge response. I guess I know what your answer will be......should I do the princess tea with dd this year? We probably won't be going back next summer so she wouldn't return till at least 6. Did you think 4 was a good age? Is it worth it? I am taking her to BBB for the castle package and then meeting daddy and the boys at 1900 Park Fare for dinner.

Lastly, your outfits were adorable for dd. Can you pm the name of the ebay seller? Are you having new outfits made for your upcoming trip?

Can you tell I LOVED your trippie!

Headed to CBR in August 2010
Old 04-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #276
cdotla
Trish

Hi Jennifer:

Glad you liked my report.

As for the shot of my daughter dancing with the "piano man" as I call him. (I really must find out his name - I did know at one point!) - as you can tell from my photos I am a complete novice with the SLR. I do not shoot manual, only automatic. It was probably either in portrait or Green (full automatic). I really need some lessons on how to use it, actually!

And, with respect to the Tea Party, if you can swing it, I totally think you should do it in August. The first time we went in May 07 we attended with our friends, two sisters aged 4 (like my daughter) and 6. The 6 year old was for sure not as impressed as the 4 year olds. Clearly, she still enjoyed it, but just not as much as her sister and my daughter who were both 4. While there was a girl 10 years old at our party, by far the average age at both the May 07 and Sept 07 parties we attended was 3-5. I think anyone over 6 or 7 would probably feel it was a bit too young.

My daughter loved it and so did I. It will be a real highlight of the trip for you both - I guarantee!

I will PM you on the seller of our outfits. I am so sad, but I think this next trip next month will be our last time for wearing them! Oh well...just an excuse to buy more!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #277
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

loved your report

i just found your report and it is fabulous. i read the whole thing in one night and my husband is hysterical , he wants to know what is so intriguing that i can't tear myself away from the computer ( he is the computer addict) any way i just want to let you know how much i enjoyed your reports and pics and the outfits are beautiful i hope to find some for my 2 year old dd for our august trip. thanks again
Old 04-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #278
cdotla
Trish

Thanks so much! I am super impressed you could read my report in just one night. You are right - that is dedication -LOL!

Have a wonderful time planning your trip. Hopefully my TR gave you some ideas of things to do with your DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
i just found your report and it is fabulous. i read the whole thing in one night and my husband is hysterical , he wants to know what is so intriguing that i can't tear myself away from the computer ( he is the computer addict) any way i just want to let you know how much i enjoyed your reports and pics and the outfits are beautiful i hope to find some for my 2 year old dd for our august trip. thanks again
Old 05-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #279
Lorelai
Tagless Thus Far

What a wonderful trip report! I was wondering where you found those adorable outfits (Cinderella and Ariel)? Were they custom made, or did you stumble upon a boutique? Thanks !
Old 05-25-2008, 07:03 AM   #280
SereneOne
DIS Veteran

I just finished reading your entire trip report and enjoyed it throughly. Thank You!

All of the pictures where wonderful, but the ones of her with the piano man brought tears of joy to my eyes....such a sweet moment and you have captured it forever.

I look forward to future trip reports and if you would, please PM me the vendor, my Meghan (4) would love to have such lovely outfits.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #281
cdotla
Trish

Thanks Lorelai and SereneOne for your nice comments. I have PM'd both of you with information on our outfits.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #282
Lorelai
Tagless Thus Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Thanks Lorelai and SereneOne for your nice comments. I have PM'd both of you with information on our outfits.
Oh thank you so much! I will check my messages.

By the way...reading all about your wonderful trip with your sweet little one makes me want to start planning a Mommy-Daughter trip with my sweet little one. She is growing so fast...I'd better start planning now!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #283
Lorelai
Tagless Thus Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
Oh thank you so much! I will check my messages.

By the way...reading all about your wonderful trip with your sweet little one makes me want to start planning a Mommy-Daughter trip with my sweet little one. She is growing so fast...I'd better start planning now!
OH MY!

I guess I have never had the ability to receive PMs before because I never knew that I had to enable them. I just checked all of the boxes so that I can receive messages.

I feel like such a dodo bird! Can you please re-send the info? I am very excited to know how you found those adorable outfits. So sorry to make you re-send. Thank you.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #284
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Great trip report!

It helped me wait for my coming tri^

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 06-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #285
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

I saw your signature link over in Pralines latest TR. I'm only on page 6 of yours. Didn't have time to read it all just yet but I had to say, little DD's clothing is some of the cutest I have ever seen! Do you make it yourself? It's just beautiful and I love the fluffy bows. My mother makes my DD things like this to wear, well, she used to. DD hasn't worn hers since '06. I hope she will give the Disney designs another go this year!

I'm so sorry to hear about your camera but at the same time, it brought this trip about and it looks amazing so far! GREAT trip report and gorgeous pictures! Can't wait to read more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: