Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #241
chiefdragon
DIS Veteran

I have loved your TR....the photos are so amazing...glad that you got your camera back. I don't know how you delt with it, but it is so rewarding to here that someone was willing to go the extra mile to make sure that you got it back and in one piece.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #242
cdotla
Trish

FINAL POST: DEPARTING THOUGHTS

Thanks to everyone who has followed my TR to the end. Knowing I had even a small audience definitely helped me see this through to the end. It feels great to have everything recorded so that I can remember all of the details of our Trip well after memories begin to fade.

I hope this Report has entertained you, provided food for thought in Disney Travel Planning, encouragement to those considering a solo trip with children, and fostered the addiction and love we all share for Disney!

On a closing note, I offer the following:

THINGS I LEARNED ON MY SOLO TRIP TO DISNEY WITH DD:

1. I can travel solo with my 4 year old to Disney!

2. A 4 yr old can become a WDW Park Commando.

3. No one really goes to a Character Breakfast, Lunch or Supper for the Food.

4. You should not assume that a 4 year old would not be enticed by leftover food left on someone else's table.

5. The Early Bird really does get the worm!

6. There is no such thing as too many Princesses.

7. Sleeping toddlers make amazing shopping companions.

8. Waking Tink is NOT worth it!

9. NEVER take the "Magical" Express to the Airport.

10. There is nothing in the whole, wide world more amazing than taking a Solo Trip to WDW with your child!

AND...without further adieu, I wish you all the best in your Disney Plans and Travels!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #243
JustMickey
DIS Veteran

Thank you for this great report!! Loved every bit of it!

OH BOY!

PTR
Old 01-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #244
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

thank you for sharing your great trip and pics with us. And thank you for ending it the night before I leave.
Look forward to more reports if u do them in the future.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #245
cdotla
Trish

Had that planned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
thank you for sharing your great trip and pics with us. And thank you for ending it the night before I leave.
Look forward to more reports if u do them in the future.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #246
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

Talking

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I know its after the fact...twice... ... but I put my cell phone number on a tiny sticker and stick it on my camera and video, just in case some kind soul is nice enuff to return all my memories.

so very happy for u

GREAT pix by the way
Old 01-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #247
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful trip with us! I've really enjoyed reading about it and seeing all of your great pictures!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #248
Camping Griswalds
DIS Veteran

I thoroughly enjoyed your report! I am so glad it ended magically and not tragically, even though it took a couple of days to end that way! I am sorry your tr is over! We leave the 30th for 6 nights. Myd dd will be 3.5, and I will be taking some of your advice!

When are you going again?????
Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #249
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Aww its over so sad I really enjoyed your report as well as all your pics. You should do a trippie next time you go!!! DF and I are considering a disney cruise for our honeymoon in july!!! We have until sunday to decide and then dreams unlimited is giving our room away. Talk about pressure hehe. I'm sure the decision won't be that hard...I digress . Can't wait till you write another trippie until then

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 01-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #250
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

I absolutly loved your TR!!! You did a great job with it!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I just have a quick question about the GF's photo shoot....could I pm you about it??
March 2010 DLR
Old 01-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #251
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say thanks. I really enjoyed your TR. I'm so glad that you got to have that special time with your DD.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #252
cdotla
Trish

I just learned how to multiple-quote in one post!

Now to try it out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Griswalds View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed your report! I am so glad it ended magically and not tragically, even though it took a couple of days to end that way! I am sorry your tr is over! We leave the 30th for 6 nights. Myd dd will be 3.5, and I will be taking some of your advice!

When are you going again?????
Hope you have a great trip! The jury is still out on when I will be returning...I don't think it will be too long though! I am addicted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful trip with us! I've really enjoyed reading about it and seeing all of your great pictures!
Thanks mkluvsmickey. I think you were one of my most loyal readers...definitely helped to keep me going! And I LOVED both of your TRs and can't wait for your next installment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousekaMaddi View Post
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I know its after the fact...twice... ... but I put my cell phone number on a tiny sticker and stick it on my camera and video, just in case some kind soul is nice enuff to return all my memories.

so very happy for u

GREAT pix by the way
Good idea with the phone number. I now have business cards in mine with a note asking anyone who finds it to PLEASE mail me the memory card or a disc with the photos in case God forbid this ever happens to me again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
Aww its over so sad I really enjoyed your report as well as all your pics. You should do a trippie next time you go!!! DF and I are considering a disney cruise for our honeymoon in july!!! We have until sunday to decide and then dreams unlimited is giving our room away. Talk about pressure hehe. I'm sure the decision won't be that hard...I digress . Can't wait till you write another trippie until then
Have a fantastic honeymoon, whatever you decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
I absolutly loved your TR!!! You did a great job with it!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I just have a quick question about the GF's photo shoot....could I pm you about it??
Absolutely. PM away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks. I really enjoyed your TR. I'm so glad that you got to have that special time with your DD.
Thank you!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #253
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Great report! Thanks again for sharing!

One parting thought.....ME got us to the airport early too but don't you know it, we stood in line for close to 45 minutes just to check in! By the time we did that and got the rest of our luggage checked, walked to the security and got thru there and made it to the gate and the restroom, we only had a 15 minute wait! Yeeshhhhh....travel on Sundays is really slow!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:04 AM   #254
cajunrose
Earning My Ears

I really enjoyed your trip report. I wanted to say...I was on the fence about the tea party for my daughters 5th birthday (it's her bday trip), but after I read your entry for it, I picked up the phone and booked a sunday brunch. I am SO excited!!! Thanks for writing this. It helped me a lot a lot b/c I have a little girl the exact same age. I must say though..that my husband will hate you. I have to now go find clothes that are custom made..rofl

Thanks!
Stephenie
Old 01-19-2008, 11:28 AM   #255
cdotla
Trish

Wow - I would never show up to any airport 2 1/2 hours before any flight. I guess I would have missed that one for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Great report! Thanks again for sharing!

One parting thought.....ME got us to the airport early too but don't you know it, we stood in line for close to 45 minutes just to check in! By the time we did that and got the rest of our luggage checked, walked to the security and got thru there and made it to the gate and the restroom, we only had a 15 minute wait! Yeeshhhhh....travel on Sundays is really slow!
Have fun at the "Brunch". Is this the Tea Party or something else?

Oh, and as for the customs - watch out! They are addictive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunrose View Post
I really enjoyed your trip report. I wanted to say...I was on the fence about the tea party for my daughters 5th birthday (it's her bday trip), but after I read your entry for it, I picked up the phone and booked a sunday brunch. I am SO excited!!! Thanks for writing this. It helped me a lot a lot b/c I have a little girl the exact same age. I must say though..that my husband will hate you. I have to now go find clothes that are custom made..rofl

Thanks!
Stephenie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: