Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #196
cdotla
Trish

I will send you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmababy View Post
Would you mind posting or pm'ing me the ebay seller id of who you bought those cute outfits from? Or, since you might be done with them, and might be interested in selling them??? If so, please contact me!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #197
Abbeysmom
Mouseketeer

I have been enjoying your trip report too. I think it is so special that you got to spend this time one on one with your little girl!! Mommy and daughter special times are just priceless, and I know you and she both will treasure these memories forever.
I also would love to have the seller id on ebay as we are planning our trip and I am in the process of hunting up outfits on Ebay as well.
I can't wait for the rest of the story!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #198
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your trip report. It's great that you were able to take a trip with just your daughter and really focus on things that she likes. Your pictures are amazing!

My DSIL is due this July and I'm hoping it's a girl (I have a nephew already)! The BBB and tea party look amazing!!!

Your report has made me even more excited about my upcoming trip.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #199
cdotla
Trish

Thanks for the feedback! Have fun on your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I'm loving your trip report. It's great that you were able to take a trip with just your daughter and really focus on things that she likes. Your pictures are amazing!

My DSIL is due this July and I'm hoping it's a girl (I have a nephew already)! The BBB and tea party look amazing!!!

Your report has made me even more excited about my upcoming trip.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #200
cdotla
Trish

PM'd you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbeysmom View Post
I have been enjoying your trip report too. I think it is so special that you got to spend this time one on one with your little girl!! Mommy and daughter special times are just priceless, and I know you and she both will treasure these memories forever.
I also would love to have the seller id on ebay as we are planning our trip and I am in the process of hunting up outfits on Ebay as well.
I can't wait for the rest of the story!!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:33 PM   #201
twob4him
DIS Veteran

That's so funny about the cherry and whipped cream....well, it's funny now...but I am sure at the time you were mortified as you said. So besides that, how was your meal? What did you get to eat?? I didnt realize there were "non-children" type restaurants at Disney. I can understand Victoria and Alberts, but how did you know this wasn't a children's restaurant???...I thought they all were children friendly...I usually just go by the menu and reviews to pick restaurants. Sorry to see the trippie is coming to an end....can't wait to hear about Illuminations!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #202
cdotla
Trish

Dinner was excellent. I had escargot to start (excellent) and the salmon, although I probably would have ordered something else in retrospect. I had table envy looking at my neighbour's plates that seemed much more enticing. Creme brule for dessert was divine.

I don't think there is anything to prevent you from coming with kids to Chefs de France. I would return. However, it is more of an adult restaurant that's for sure.

My impression of Bistro de Paris, even though they do not ban children like V&A's has now done, is that children would be less welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
That's so funny about the cherry and whipped cream....well, it's funny now...but I am sure at the time you were mortified as you said. So besides that, how was your meal? What did you get to eat?? I didnt realize there were "non-children" type restaurants at Disney. I can understand Victoria and Alberts, but how did you know this wasn't a children's restaurant???...I thought they all were children friendly...I usually just go by the menu and reviews to pick restaurants. Sorry to see the trippie is coming to an end....can't wait to hear about Illuminations!
Old 01-12-2008, 06:26 PM   #203
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I caught up!!

I wasn't too far behind, you must be very busy!!!

I have to scroll back through to see who your DD's FGIT was. I started in the BBB today working on a few "princesses" here and there. I have also taken ill I have the whole package: runny nose, stuffy nose, sore throat, minor cough, and I'm sure a fever Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow and can rest bc I'm working 6 days in a row next wk bc we are under staffed

I loved the dessert part!!! The tea party looked very cute as well!!! Did you regret not taking DD in her princess dress? I'm sure she enjoyed just being in normal cute disney clothes!!

Take care, can't wait to hear more

Old 01-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #204
cdotla
Trish

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well...hopefully you pick up before your big week.

With regard to the Princess Tea, no, we did not regret not taking DD this time in her dress. Bear in mind, we had "been there, done that" before. She wore her princess dress to this event just 4 months earlier. Plus, she had worn princesses dresses to a number of other events at WDW, including the Halloween Party.

We thought we would be a little different this time and wear our Cinderella Custom pants outift. To be honest, out of all of DD's outfits, this one garnered the most attention, overshadowing even her princess dresses.

So obviously no regrets about wearing it!

As for the TR, I hope to finish it tonite or tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I caught up!!

I have to scroll back through to see who your DD's FGIT was. I started in the BBB today working on a few "princesses" here and there. I have also taken ill I have the whole package: runny nose, stuffy nose, sore throat, minor cough, and I'm sure a fever Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow and can rest bc I'm working 6 days in a row next wk bc we are under staffed

I loved the dessert part!!! The tea party looked very cute as well!!! Did you regret not taking DD in her princess dress? I'm sure she enjoyed just being in normal cute disney clothes!!

Old 01-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #205
cdotla
Trish

DAY 4: FOOD & WINE AT EPCOT
ILLUMINATIONS

After leaving Chefs de France, we ventured out into the Food & Wine Festival in World Showcase.

This was the first weekend of Food & Wine and the crowds were thick and heavy, but in a good way. People were eating and drinking and having a grand time. There was a fantastic atmosphere and energy in the air and everyone seemed to be cutting loose and having a great time.

A teeny part of me wished that I was there in the company of adults as opposed to a 4 year old so that I could partake in more of the leisurely drinking that was going on and to watch some of the bands and musical performances, but I still had a great time with DD.

We caught a couple shows (briefly) and did a little "crowd dancing". I didn't bother to order any food from any of the many countries that were hosting food pavillions that evening, partly because we were so full from dinner, but also because it would have been too hard to keep DD entertained while I ate.

We gradually walked around from France, ending up in Mexico, taking in many of the sites and music along the way.

In Mexico I broke down and ordered a margarita while we enjoyed more outside exhibits and displays.

We then rode the Mexican boat ride and then travelled to Norway where we did the Maelstrom. Surprisingly both were walk-ons. I guess the crowds that were there that evening had other things on their mind - like eating and drinking, and not necessarily in that order! LOL!

After riding the Maelstrom, we did some shopping in Norway. I actually bought a Helly Hansen jacket for back home. This was the first and only purchase for me the entire trip!

By then it was getting close to 9pm and time for Illuminations to start. I was very excited as neither of us had ever seen it before.

We started up toward Italy, making a brief pit stop at the Kringla Bakery in Norway for some pastries and coffee. I picked up a wonderful latte as well as a cloudberry horn. I cannot say enough about this!!! This pastry is my equivalent of a Dole Whip. I can't wait to get back to Epcot to have it again!!!

We found a great bench in the garden area between Italy and German to enjoy the show. Although it was back a bit from the water, it actually had a decent view. The real bonus was a seat.

We were having such a good time and wished our family back home could have been there to enjoy it with us. I actually then decided to place a quick call back home with 5 minutes to go before the show. It was the type of bittersweet call that I would have hated to receive if I was on the other end; hearing what a fantastic time your family members were having and knowing that you were home missing it all!

We got off the phone just as Illuminations was about to start.

Unfortunately, although the Epcot map does not indicate this, the area where we had chosen to sit was in a designated smoking area. I hadn't noticed this when we sat down. Just as the show was starting we had some smokers come over near us so we left and went to stand in front of the first German building right beside the gardens. Although I had to stand, I propped DD up on a window ledge and she had a great view.

Illuminations was of course worth waiting for and we both enjoyed it. It was great!

After it was over, the mass exodus out of the Parks began as the Park was now closing. The crowds were crazy!

As this was our last night, I was not in any particular hurry. We made our way out of World Showcase and went to the Photo Store at near Spaceship Earth. We had a voucher for a free 5X7 picture so we wanted to pick that up before we left. Not surprisingly, DD chose her Photopass picture with Ariel, her favourite Princess!

By then it was almost 9:30pm and we made our way out of the Park and to the bus stop for the ride home to CBR. I tried not to think about the fact that we would be leaving the next day.

All in all, we had another terrific day! Our whole Trip so far had been fantastic! I already knew at that point that the decision to return for this September Trip was one of the best experiences I would ever share with DD and would result in memories for each of us that would last a lifetime.

UP NEXT:
OUR LAST DAY AT CBR
GRAND FLORIDIAN PHOTO SESSION
OUR TRIP HOME & BIG DRAMA AT THE AIRPORT!
Old 01-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #206
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Just read your entire TR. Great Job! My comments:

So sorry about your camera. It too lost my dig cam a few years ago. I also left it in our rental van-under the seat. I realized it when I got home but by then 1/2 day had passed (FL to CA) and when I called the rental co. they said nothing had been turned in (BIG SURPRISE) and the van was already gone for 10 days. I had to wait on pins and needles to see if it would be turned in by the next family but NOPE, nothing found. I too only cared about the memory card. The good news was that luckily I had brought 2 cams. (dig. and SLR) on that trip and really only used dig for non-people shots. Also, more good news, I bought a better digital camera which I love and now it is the only one I take (along with extra cards as well as having pictures burned to CDs while there). I guess the employees who clean out rental vehicles end up with alot of cameras, huh.

Wow, you sure packed in a lot of things in 4 days. Kudoos to you.

I totally understand taking a break while DD was asleep in the stroller. I too am guilty of that. My DD is now 8 but we've been taking her since she was 2 3/4. Even on her first trip we didn't schedule nap time. With the 3 hr. difference, etc. who knew when she would want to sleep. Most of the time we just let her sleep in the stroller. There was one time when on the first ride of the a.m. at AK I looked over and told my niece, whose lap she was on "catch her, she's falling asleep" This was about 9 a.m. on Kilimanjaro Safari!

I laughed out loud when I read about the cherry-too funny!

Trip reports are alot of work. Congrats on doing such a great job! I STILL haven't gotten around to doing mine.

We were there also in Sept. and attended the first MNSSHP-we got the biggest downpour that night that I have ever experienced in FL. And this was 5th time there in Sept. I'm glad the rain held off for you on that night. I too love the fireworks. Unfortunately, on our night, they were late, went off unannounced, and were shortened and it was raining while they went off. Also the 1st parade was cancelled. We did see the end of the 2nd one but missed headless.

I agree about the strollers. It's espeically hard if you are trying to carry a sleeping child for any distance. Even though my DD is now 8, she's still petite enough to ride in a stroller and this has saved my back many times. We took her stroller in Sept. but I'm not sure if were bringing it this Sept. Usually it's just me and my DM and neither one of us can carry her for any distance. Plus I really like having a way to transport my stuff-I just can't get used to a backpack-I'm not part of the backpack generation.

When we were there in Sept. I didn't book Park Fare since it was closed for remodeling. Our tradition last meal this time was at 'Ohana for breakfast but I would have liked to go to PF. After eating we traveled around on the monorail and stopped off at the resorts to take some pix and grab some food for the plane ride home. I noticed that PF was open and the CM said it had opened that day (Sept. 16th), earlier than expected. Darn it, I wish I had known. We love PF.

Can't wait to read the rest. Keep 'em coming.

Oh, and one last thing, after reading our report I really, really, really, want to go back to WDW-NOW!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #207
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

So sad that you just posted your last full day! I've really enjoyed your report and hate for it to end.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #208
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update. I cannot wait to see Illuminations and I am sure the kids will love it.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #209
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

LOVE your report! I am so sorry that you lost your camera What a wonderful trip full of memories you will have now from your mommy & daughter trip! Your daughter is precious and I have to tell you I spit my coffee all over my computer screen when I read about her and the cherry dessert at Chefs! That is priceless! Your daughter is very lucky to have a mom like you! Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #210
Tink561
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I caught up!!

We're going in March and I'm having an Aurora custom outfit made for my daughter to wear. I think it will be great to be different. She has custom sets for each day. I can't wait to see the tea party outfit when it is finished.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: