Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #181
disneyfanforlife
Mouseketeer

I love the pics. DD is a cutie.

89-1st Trip, 90-2nd Trip, 94-3rd Trip, 97-4th Trip, 99-5th Trip, 01-6th Trip, 03-7th Trip, 06-8th Trip, 07-20?? Planing my next trip. 07-12-Planing the wedding and Disneymoon at Walt Disney World
my honeymoon pre-tripping
Old 01-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #182
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Another great update. I knew of the tea party, but never saw photos of it. It looks like a really nice event (unfortunately DD is turning 20 soon, so no chance for us).

Love the video also. What a great idea.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #183
heartofdisney
Mouseketeer

I wish that Disney had the Princess tea party and Bippidty Boppitdy Boutique when my daughters were younger. I would have loved to have taken them there and I know they would have loved it at that age. It will be a long while yet,but I guess I can look forward to doing this with my grandchildren in the future.
Just wanted to tell you again how much I really love reading your trip report,and what an awesome job you did on the picture slideshow you made. I make slideshows with my pictures too,and I could tell that you put some time into making yours...especially the part where the big reveal was at the boutique.That was perfectly in time with the music and I was very impressed. 10 years from now when your daughter is my daughters age, you will be very sentimental over that dvd with all the memories you and your daughter made on this trip.I dont blame you one bit for wanting to take this trip to recapture all those lost pictures on that cameral. Great job!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #184
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

Love the video.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #185
byoung
You are keeping us alive

Yes I still love getting my fix here on the DIS daily

Nice report.

4/80 Offsite--11/87 FWC--11/90 CBR--5/99CBR--5/01 CR AS CBR--10/02 OKW DWL--12/03 OKW--6/04 Offsite--10/04 BCV POR--12/04 CSR--1/05 CBR--5/05 BWV POLY--6/05 Offsite--10/05 BWV Welcome Home--11/05 Offsite--12/05 CSR OKW--2,3/06 OKW--5/06 Pops VWL Offsite--10/06 POR BWV--12/06 BWV--2,3/07 Offsite--5/07 BWV POR CS--10/07 CB BWV--12/07 OKW--2/08 Offsite--5/08 ASM VWL--9/08 AKV--10/08 BWV--3/09 Offsite--5/09 OKW--10/09 BWV ASM--11/09 ASM--12/09 SS--5/10 VWL
Old 01-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #186
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Yaaaa I caught up again! I loved the tea party and the beautiful video! I really enjoyed the movie..Meet the Robinsons, so hearing the song again was fun!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #187
twob4him
DIS Veteran

slow boards = double post...sorry
Old 01-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #188
cdotla
Trish

DAY 4 - AFTERNOON & EVENING AT EPCOT FOOD & WINE
DINNER AT CHEFS DE FRANCE
ILLUMINATIONS

After leaving the Princess Tea Party, we did some shopping at the great stores at the Grand Floridian. Somewhat surprisingly, the very same Lilly Pulitzer dress that I had been wearing to the Tea Party was on one of the manequins in the clothing store right next to where the Tea Party was being held.

After we briefly stopped to look at the Lillies for me and DD, we made our way upstairs to the Toy Store where we got our Certificate signed for our Princess Aurora doll and received the rest of the goodies given to all of the girls at the Tea Party (stickers and Princess scrapbook materials).

Our final stop was at Basin, the delightful bath and beauty store where I picked up a gorgeous basket for my mother who was taking care of my son at home.

Then we hopped on the monorail, making our way back to the Magic Kingdom where we caught a bus back to CBR.

By the time we returned it was around 2ish. Surprisingly, DD did not want to go swimming at all during our Trip, which had me puzzled given that she had always been wanting to hit the pool during our Trip in May. I just could not get out of her the reason why until we were on the plane coming home. Apparently she thought that when she hit the water the cut on her knee from the first day would sting in the chlorine. So we did not do any swimming the entire Trip!

Instead, we simply took a rest in our room (including a nap for DD).

By 3:30pm we were out the door again and on our way to Epcot to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening at the Food & Wine. In addition, we were also going to see Illuminations for our very first time!

Our first stop when we got to Epcot was to do one last ride on Soaring. Next, we did Living with the Land for the very first time. We were very impressed with the ride and both found it very interesting, especially the Mickey Pumpkins!

After that we did Nemo, which we had not done again since our May trip. Afterwards we toured the various aquariums and took a funny photo:

By then, it was time to make our way over to France for our 5:45pm dinner reservation. On the way, we stopped for a photopass picture with this amazing photographer. This guy had to be the most enthusiastic photopass photographer we had ever encountered!

He was going all out for anyone who would stop to allow him to take pictures. For couples, he would ask them to smooch in front of the scene of France in the background and he was obviously having a lot of fun with his job!

He was also working very hard. It was hot that day and he was hopping around getting everyone at all different angles with the sweat just pouring off him! I love to see people who are that enthusiastic about their jobs!

After making our way over to France, we checked in at Chefs de France and waited outside in the garden area for our table. Within 5 or so minutes we were called and made our way up to the desk to check in.

Now before I made this reservation, I had some hesitation in bringing DD4 along. While technically all Disney restaurants are open to children (with the exception just this week of Victoria & Alberts, but even they were open to children when we attended), I completely realize that all dining experiences are not suited for preschoolers.

However, after doing some research I determined that while Bistro de Paris appeared less open to children, Chefs seemed to me to be more mainstream.

After arriving at the restaurant, I was somewhat surprised to see that DD was one of less than 10 children in the restaurant. Oh well, I was bound and determined that somehow I would get through this dinner. This was the only "ADULT" meal that I had scheduled the entire Trip. The rest of our meals had been either character meals or counter service. I was determined to have one good adult meal as a treat for me!

As with any good French restaurant, it simply would not be authentic if there wasn't some rudeness shown to you by the staff. Upon checking in, the disdain for my decision to bring a small child along was evident.

This made me rather indignant and I was determined to show this rude hostess that she was wrong to jump to conclusions about my child. My child knew how to act in a restaurant and would be a complete lady. I would show her!

With that, the French hostess showed us to our seats. As we began our walk through the restaurant to our table I began to grow excited seeing and smelling all the delicious food and fine wine.

All of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I noticed DD make a slight detour from the path being taken to our table by our hostess. To my horror and disgrace, I then witnessed DD walk up to a vacant table with a huge half eaten dessert of some sort on it with a mountain of whip cream and a cherry on top, which fortunately did not look as if it had been touched. Before I could say or do anything, I witnessed DD scoop up the cherry and some of the whip cream and pop it in her mouth!

Whether I was distracted by the thought of a nice adult meal going down the tubes, or by complete and utter shock and disgrace, I just stood there for a few moments not quite believing what I was seeing.

I was completely and totally mortified! Yet somehow I managed to quietly scold DD and make my way with her to our table.

Of course, the high and mighty French hostess witnessed the whole scene which simply proved that she was completely correct about my unrefined child daring to come to eat in her establishment.

As she handed me my menu and started to leave our table, she said in the most condensending and sarcastic tone imaginable: "Have a NICE meal!"

Fortunately, apart from this one "minor" setback, the rest of the dinner went off without a hitch. Obviously, it could not have gotten any worse!

DD was indeed a well behaved little girl the rest of the meal and the food was quite fabulous. We even had a couple at a table next to us engage us in conversation throughout the meal. Normally, I do not enjoy when other dinners who are complete strangers engage in chit-chat with me during a meal. However, given that I had been travelling now for 4 days straight with a 4 year old, I was in need of some adult conversation so I actually enjoyed talking with them. They were in their late 20's and from northern Florida enjoying a quick weekend visit.

Here is a picture of DD near the end of our meal having her dessert:

You can see from the photo, that in addition to letting her stuff her face with a giant cookie so that I could enjoy the rest of my coffee and creme brulee, I also allowed DD to play with the packets of sugar and encouraged her to do some drawings for Mickey on her placemat - anything to let me finish this ONE adult meal! And it worked! I think it took DD longer to eat her giantic cookie than it did for me to enjoy my coffee and finish my dessert.

All in all, it was a great meal. And I will have the stolen dessert incident to embarass DD with for many years to come!

UP NEXT: LAST EVENING AT EPCOT FOOD & WINE
ILLUMINATIONS

Last edited by cdotla; 01-08-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:22 PM   #189
cdotla
Trish

Thank you everyone for the comments and for continuing to read along!

Heartofdisney: I am completely on the same page with you on this! These were my thoughts exactly. Even now DD loves watching the video and seeing the pictures. I could not imagine not having them so I am so glad we took our return solo trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofdisney View Post
I wish that Disney had the Princess tea party and Bippidty Boppitdy Boutique when my daughters were younger. I would have loved to have taken them there and I know they would have loved it at that age. It will be a long while yet,but I guess I can look forward to doing this with my grandchildren in the future.
Just wanted to tell you again how much I really love reading your trip report,and what an awesome job you did on the picture slideshow you made. I make slideshows with my pictures too,and I could tell that you put some time into making yours...especially the part where the big reveal was at the boutique.That was perfectly in time with the music and I was very impressed. 10 years from now when your daughter is my daughters age, you will be very sentimental over that dvd with all the memories you and your daughter made on this trip.I dont blame you one bit for wanting to take this trip to recapture all those lost pictures on that cameral. Great job!

Last edited by cdotla; 01-09-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:28 AM   #190
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

I was cracking up at DD grabbing the cherry off the dessert!
Glad the meal worked out for you both - some people are just rude!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #191
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I am sorry but the restaurant story is FUNNY. I could just imagine your face when u realized what she was doing. Glad you had an "adult" meal at least once while you were there.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #192
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

First I want to commet on the Princess Tea Party. We are going to WDW in Nov 2009 and my kids will be DS10, DS8 and DD4 and seeing those photos just confirmed that me and DD will be doing that tea also. I totally think it's woth the money but that's me, to do at least once. Now the cherry thing , I'm still laughing. I would have been mortified as well, yucky. If this makes you feel better, I took DS8 and DS6 for a haircut yesterday at the barber. Well they give the kids lollipops when they are done and the barber gave one to DD2. She apparently dropped it on the floor and then picked it up and put it right in her mouth before I could grab it. So at least the cherry was clean. Glad that you were able to enjoy an adult meal. Enjoying your TR and the video was very nice.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #193
AmyAllan&Eve
Mouseketeer

I have read (and loved) every word! Thank you!

I enjoyed your trip report so much. I shared the link with family and friends. I cried a few tears, too. I am so happy for you that you got to experience this trip with your little girl. Count me in with the others when I say I loved the video, too.

I purchased Meet the Robinsons last night and thought the song near the end of the movie (that you played in your video montage) was so sweet. When you get a chance to see the movie, you will notice a quote from Walt Disney at the end of that song. It fits with your experience with the camera. Here is his quote:
“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” Walt Disney
I am so happy that you didn't let losing the camera keep you from moving forward. It would be so easy to waste precious time regretting what has been lost. I will always remember how you took a sour lemon and made sweet lemonade. What a great example you set for your little girl.
August 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Allan's first trip!)
September 1992 Contemporary Tower
July 1989 Contemporary Tower & Grand Floridian
July 1986, 1984, 1982 Contemporary Tower
July 1980 Contemporary North Garden Wing
July 1976 offsite (age 9...couldn't wait to return!)
Old 01-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #194
cdotla
Trish

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyAllan&Eve View Post
I enjoyed your trip report so much. I shared the link with family and friends. I cried a few tears, too. I am so happy for you that you got to experience this trip with your little girl. Count me in with the others when I say I loved the video, too.

I purchased Meet the Robinsons last night and thought the song near the end of the movie (that you played in your video montage) was so sweet. When you get a chance to see the movie, you will notice a quote from Walt Disney at the end of that song. It fits with your experience with the camera. Here is his quote:
“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” Walt Disney
I am so happy that you didn't let losing the camera keep you from moving forward. It would be so easy to waste precious time regretting what has been lost. I will always remember how you took a sour lemon and made sweet lemonade. What a great example you set for your little girl.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #195
emmababy
DIS Veteran

Would you mind posting or pm'ing me the ebay seller id of who you bought those cute outfits from? Or, since you might be done with them, and might be interested in selling them??? If so, please contact me!!!
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: