Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....
 
WDWorBUST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,451

Getaways through Interval International

Can someone please explain to me how the getaways through interval international work? Once booked is there any changing it or cancelling it? Or once you've booked your money is spend whether you go or not? We're looking at booking one for January - but I just want to make sure I know what we're getting into and my friend is the owner and isn't familiar with how it works either since she just joined this past summer.
__________________
WDWorBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
lawgs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 2,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWorBUST View Post
Can someone please explain to me how the getaways through interval international work? Once booked is there any changing it or cancelling it? Or once you've booked your money is spend whether you go or not? We're looking at booking one for January - but I just want to make sure I know what we're getting into and my friend is the owner and isn't familiar with how it works either since she just joined this past summer.
once booked ....fees + taxes, NO refunds ....akso, since it is your friend getting it for you, she might have to also pay for a gift certificate


right now can see 40 orlando resorts showing availability for January

which resort do you have your heart set on?
lawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-24-2007, 07:46 AM   #3
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....
 
WDWorBUST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,451

Honestly we don't have our heart set on any - but we are locked in on our dates now. My friend is actually going with me - we're doing a girls trip with our 4 year old girls. Do you have any recommendations - from looking at it I was leaning towards Calypso Cay - we do want a 2 bedroom for the space. We took our first girls trip last January and with the differences in our kiddos the extra space will be nice (one is an early to bed early to rise and the other is a night owl who sleeps late). Also....she has asked me to handle it so I have all her information - will I be able to use a credit card in my name to pay for a reservation under hers - or do I need to get a card from her?

Is there a resort you would recommend? I would like to be fairly close to Disney and our stay starts 1/12.
__________________
WDWorBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
lawgs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 2,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWorBUST View Post
Honestly we don't have our heart set on any - but we are locked in on our dates now. My friend is actually going with me - we're doing a girls trip with our 4 year old girls. Do you have any recommendations - from looking at it I was leaning towards Calypso Cay - we do want a 2 bedroom for the space. We took our first girls trip last January and with the differences in our kiddos the extra space will be nice (one is an early to bed early to rise and the other is a night owl who sleeps late). Also....she has asked me to handle it so I have all her information - will I be able to use a credit card in my name to pay for a reservation under hers - or do I need to get a card from her?

Is there a resort you would recommend? I would like to be fairly close to Disney and our stay starts 1/12.
Calypso Cay looks like a nice resort, right next to the osceola parkway ( toll road to disney ) and close to the superwalmart on 535

any of the marriotts, mystic dunes would not be bad ( you can get to disney via the sherbeth road back entrance to disney )

would not wait too long before you are booking....since there seems that there are not too many 2 bedrooms available


as far as using your credit card ...it might or might not work.....probably would not work if you were calling.....
lawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....
 
WDWorBUST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,451

I think I'm going to go with Mystic Dunes. It's a little nervewracking because she has left all of this up to me INCLUDING picking the resort. Oh well....I guess she can't complain this way. Thanks for all your help. I'm going to give my CC a shot on the website and see what happens.
__________________
WDWorBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:58 PM   #6
dioxide45
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,309

Your credit card may or may not work since your friend is the owner. II membership rules indicate that the units rented through II Getaways can't be rented even for the price that was paid for them. A member can give them away and will also need a guest certificate (fee). You may need to use your friends CC to book the II Getaway.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #7
littlestar
DIS Veteran
 
littlestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,701

We have used various family member's credit cards to book Getaways with no problems on II. If your friend was not going to be traveling with you, you would need to purchase a Guest Certificate to check in, though.
__________________
littlestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 05:29 PM   #8
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....
 
WDWorBUST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,451

I made the reservation yesterday and did use my credit card. I got the confirmation and everything appears to be just fine. She is traveling with me though so no need for the guest certificate. Thanks for the help.
__________________
WDWorBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #9
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

you can definitely use someone else name and credit card with II.

you are not charging them for it - they are charging it for themselves - II does not have a problem with this.

(another words you aren't making money)
__________________
Pat J


Last edited by spiceycat; 12-27-2007 at 07:49 AM.
spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The People's Republic of Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 11,709

Yes, someone else's card can be at the time that the getaway is booked, though whether this is policy or a loophole has never been clear.

What is clear is that, once a member books a week through II, that member is not allowed to accept any compensation for it. This is quite different from RCI's policy, which allows the member to recoup direct expenses paid to RCI to obtain the week, but no more.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #11
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

I think they want you to let your friends and family use it.

when you use someone else name and credit card - the add guest certificate comes up by itself.

so they understand that it is a guest using it.

they also have guest certificates for their exchanges.

they just don't want one person taking all the best stuff then renting it.

One guy (who even posted on the Dis - but only on the rental/trade board) was doing that.

he got a great week at a DVC resort then set a pretty high price. Once the dates got closer he lower his price. but he didn't just do this to one week - he did it to 20 weeks of trades, sometimes the same week.

that is what they want stopped.

with Disney it is almost the same - you can change the name on your reservation 19 times, for 19 different reservation - but the 20th one. You are a professional renter and will be stopped - or at least cut back.

I will sometimes rent a II exchange - but if I don't rent it will definitely use it!

professsional renters could care less about going where they exchanged too. they just got it to rent not use.

that is (too me) the big difference.
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #12
lawgs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 2,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
I think they want you to let your friends and family use it.

when you use someone else name and credit card - the add guest certificate comes up by itself.

so they understand that it is a guest using it.

they also have guest certificates for their exchanges.

they just don't want one person taking all the best stuff then renting it.

One guy (who even posted on the Dis - but only on the rental/trade board) was doing that.

he got a great week at a DVC resort then set a pretty high price. Once the dates got closer he lower his price. but he didn't just do this to one week - he did it to 20 weeks of trades, sometimes the same week.

that is what they want stopped.

with Disney it is almost the same - you can change the name on your reservation 19 times, for 19 different reservation - but the 20th one. You are a professional renter and will be stopped - or at least cut back.

I will sometimes rent a II exchange - but if I don't rent it will definitely use it!

professsional renters could care less about going where they exchanged too. they just got it to rent not use.

that is (too me) the big difference.
is that a hard and fast rule with disney .....

do you know where this is posted ???

this is the first we have heard about this "twist"....
lawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.