Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2007, 05:24 AM   #1
DawnCt1
I had to wonder what "holiday" he thought we would be celebrating with a tree?Answer: Arbor Day
Personally I have always wanted to be a super hero

USAA Dividends Are Here!

Because we pay on line, our dividend checks were deposited to the account on record. We got up this morning to find two deposits totally $467.00 or so extra dollars! Hurray! I don't know why they are separate but they are. Maybe because we have home owners and auto.
DawnCt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:27 AM   #2
Charade
I'm the one on the LEFT side of my avatar!
Yanno, stooopid shouldn't be that funny
Poop flush, poop flush, poop flush, THEN wipe flush and so on

What's USAA?
Offsite 97,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,05,06,07,08
Onsite CBR 06,Dolphin 08
Next trip: ????

This siggy approved by SwedishMeatball
Charade is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2007, 05:34 AM   #3
GoofieRuthie
DIS Veteran
If you see a sign that says "Peep Show", that doesn't mean that they're letting you look at presents before Christmas.

Wow!!! We have home owners and auto also. We usually get 50 or so dollars. Is that a dividend for your checking/savings accounts or for your insurances? I would do a happy dance on the front porch if I look in the mail and the check is there! We leave for WDW on Friday. A few extra dollars would be super!

A fly can't bird, but a bird can fly!

April 2003 - ASMo
April 2005 - POR
April 2006 - Off site; Sept 2006 Disneyland- Off site
Dec 2007 - Pop Century
GoofieRuthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:42 AM   #4
DawnCt1
I had to wonder what "holiday" he thought we would be celebrating with a tree?Answer: Arbor Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofieRuthie View Post
Wow!!! We have home owners and auto also. We usually get 50 or so dollars. Is that a dividend for your checking/savings accounts or for your insurances? I would do a happy dance on the front porch if I look in the mail and the check is there! We leave for WDW on Friday. A few extra dollars would be super!
That is just for our insurances. We have been members since 1987. Maybe that is why we get good sized dividends. Also, over the years we have paid a lot for insurance because we have had a lot of drivers on our policy. Now we have four.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:44 AM   #5
DawnCt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charade View Post
What's USAA?
Its an insurance company only available to present and former service members and their families, and retirees, and I think that is it. No one can touch their rates. We have been solicited over the years from a wide variety of companies and they all promise they can beat what ever rates I am paying....until I mention USAA and they all say, "that's one we can't beat".
Old 12-11-2007, 06:38 AM   #6
wvdislover
DIS Veteran

Wow, I don't think we've gotten a dividend check from USAA for the past few years! What are we doing wrong? I could use a check to help pay for Christmas gifts or for our Mommy/Daddy Disney trip in Feb.
July '89--Fort Wilderness; Feb '93--Dolphin, POR; Feb '95--Marriott World Center; Feb '97--Marriott World Center, POR; Feb '99--Marriott World Center; April '02--AS Movies; Feb '03--Gaylord Palms, Hard Rock Hotel; Feb '04--Dolphin, Hotel at Florida Mall; Feb '06--POR, Dolphin; June '06--POP; Sept '07--AKL (a dream come true!!!); Feb '08--Coronado Springs Resort/Marriott World Center; Sept '08--Beach Club/Disney Wonder (our first Disney Cruise!!!); Feb '09--Disneyland; Sept '09--Beach Club; Sept '10--Beach Club (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '11--All-Star Music Family Suites (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '12--Art of Animation (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip for Homeschoolers)
wvdislover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:42 AM   #7
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Ooh, can't wait for the mail!

Jo
Old 12-11-2007, 06:43 AM   #8
m&m's mom
Waiting for the waterless cruise
I really am quite evil

I got my 1st dividend last year. It was around $50.00. I only have auto insurance with them. I think when I asked before that if you actually the one who qualifies you get more. I only qualify through my Dad.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:06 AM   #9
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

I used to love those USAA dividend checks in December. I have been a USAA member since the early 90's and that extra money always came in handy! But, we moved to NC and there is an issue with the dividends and NC Bureau of Insurance. So, we no longer get the dividend...we get a credit on our insurance in Jan statement. Either way is great but I sure did love the extra cash! We have home owners, auto, and all the children's savings accts are through them. We saved over $500 on our homeowners this year switching from State Farm.

Kelly
kellyg403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:21 AM   #10
CheshireVal
Can you stand on your head?
I didn't realize there was more than one way to pronounce onion!
For me, there's something very sexy about Sayid...

Last year was the first year I didn't get a dividend check. I got some tiny little credit on my insurance instead.

We used to have car and renters insurance through them, but now since we have a house with homeowners, maybe we'll get more back.
CheshireVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:39 AM   #11
golfgal
DIS Cast Member
When did vacuums become a status symbol???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnCt1 View Post
Because we pay on line, our dividend checks were deposited to the account on record. We got up this morning to find two deposits totally $467.00 or so extra dollars! Hurray! I don't know why they are separate but they are. Maybe because we have home owners and auto.

Wow! That would cover about 6 months of insurance for a nice, newer car around here! How much is auto insurance where you are?
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #12
DawnCt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Wow! That would cover about 6 months of insurance for a nice, newer car around here! How much is auto insurance where you are?
We have four cars total, three newer cars and one very old car with 2 under 25 drivers. DS#3 pays his own insurance and its about the amount of the dividend we received. Ct has high insurance rates, not as bad as Ma.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:51 AM   #13
hercamore
beagle boy mom
All she can say is SAVE SAVE SAVE for kids' education!
I am addicted to TYCB frozen yogurt swirl pops!

Nice!

My DD mentioned they switched to car insurance with USAA and I think they also have a bank acct with them.

They sure could use a check, whatever size.

herc.
4/01 CBR/HRH
08/01 AKL/offsite
01/03 OKW/offsite
12/04 Cypress Pointe
8/06 Pop Century
11/07 SOG/Pop Century

Samuel Hercamore Beagle.
RIP. 10/15/94-01/12/11
hercamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:59 AM   #14
GoofieRuthie
DIS Veteran
If you see a sign that says "Peep Show", that doesn't mean that they're letting you look at presents before Christmas.

I agree that no one can even come close to them. We have our house and two vehicles with full coverage for around $155 a month. I am so spoiled. I didn't realize just how lucky we were until some girls that I work with were fighting to find anything under $300 a month for ONE car. Yipes!

Did your rates go up very much when your kids turned 16, Dawn? My DD will be 16 next year and I was wondering if it would hurt much.

Our dividend may be smaller since we have it through my DH's father. He was on it when he turned 18 so he got to keep it.

A fly can't bird, but a bird can fly!

April 2003 - ASMo
April 2005 - POR
April 2006 - Off site; Sept 2006 Disneyland- Off site
Dec 2007 - Pop Century
GoofieRuthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #15
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercamore View Post
Nice!

My DD mentioned they switched to car insurance with USAA and I think they also have a bank acct with them.

They sure could use a check, whatever size.

herc.
Tell her not to get her hopes up. I've yet to get a dividend check from USAA. We have car insurance, credit cards(best interest rates), Roth IRAs, and banking. We have something called the Subscriber Savings Acct(SSA). It was not our choosing but just something we have. All dividend checks go into that until a limit is reached and then we can receive a dividend check. The only way to get to the SSA money is death or divorce. I don't want that money that bad to do something drastic

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: