Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
RAC
Mouseketeer

June 20, 2009 Magic

We booked this week... was lucky and got a SPH. Anyone else onboard?
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
Peggy Jean
Mouseketeer

YES!!! Just booked 2 rooms a couple days ago. Long wait, but well worth it.

WDW Vacations -1977-1980-1982-1993-1995-1996-1997-1999-2003-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010 We have stayed at CBR, twice-DL-FWCabins-ASMusic-Dolphin-POFQ,twice-AKL-SSR, 4 times ~We've been to the Flower and Garden Show and the Food and Wine Festival~ DCLVacations Magic-2002-2006, Wonder-2004-2007-2010 - Alaskan cruise June 2011
Peggy Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #3
DVC Mary
I must have missed the lobster

Busy time of year, I'll check back in w/ you guys after the holidays.

We booked a SPH the day the cruises came out. 55?? I'm too tired to remember right now. Perhaps we'll be neighbors RAC.

It will be me, DH, & DSs who will be 9 & 12 in 2009.

Looking forward to discussing our Tortola cruise soon.

Happy Holidays!
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
DVC Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

We just booked! It won't be long time flies....

lettie
Old 12-30-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Life Member - "exclusive tag fairy club"
Enjoys sour grapes

Hello! I couldn't find a thread for this cruise so I started one. But, I am glad that I found you guys. It will be me, my DD (10) and my DS (16). This will be my first Magic cruise. Really looking forward to it. I am booked in 5020, so it looks like we will be neighbors!!
TammyAlphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #6
DVC Mary

I can't believe it's only 2008 & I have to wait another yr & half. The weather in the Chicago area is gray and overcast, but at least it's not too cold. It just makes me want to be on the cruise now.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone:

What was your favorite gift you gave this holiday?

gave my sons the Wii & it's fun to watch them play--especially Guitar Hero.

What was your favorite gift you received?

I had a rough Christmas season. I spent most of it at the hospital or funeral planning for an uncle who died the Friday after Christmas. My Mom told me 2 days after the funeral to go buy myself a nice purse. I bought a Coach, but I think I like the pink cellphone charm I bought w/ it just as much. It's my first designer purse. It's not like me. I save my fun money for Disney.

How were your holidays?
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
Old 01-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
Peggy Jean
Mouseketeer

Well, let's see it's a looooooooong time before the cruise and winter is now upon us, which makes me think and long for the next cruise.

For us we'll have 2 rooms on Level 2, we love that area. It is myself, DD and DS's GF in room 1 and then DH, DS and DD's BF in room 2. The "kids" will be 21 and 20 at the time of the sailing. We took them with us this past summer on the Wonder and we really had a blast. So we thought that we'd need to take them on the Magic this time around. It will be our 5th cruise, 2nd for the BF and GF.

Don't have any special plans yet for the cruise, thinking Palo brunch, most likely the Rainforest Room, I keep saying I'm going to do it, but never find the time or bother to take the time, so this time for sure. Also think I'd like to attend a few of the tastings and/or classes.

As for Christmas, it was really nice. Both kids were home from school, (DD is near Boston and DS out in Illinois). You know Thanksgiving vacation is so short and they try to jam so much into their time home, so Christmas was longer and more relaxed. We played lots of Scrabble and card games. Went to visit my sister and her family right after Christmas and stayed a few days. She lives in VA and it's so much fun. She's like in the middle of nowhere and we just laugh, and eat, and play games and enjoy my great niece who's 2. Way too much fun.

As for my favorite gift given, hmmmmmmmmmm Well 2 things, I gave DH a nice digital frame with lots of Disney vacation pics loaded. Then I gave lots of books this year. DS is studying teaching history and I found some cool books. My sister has a young girl staying with them and I gave her 3 classics, and of course all the "babies" get new books. (I used to be a kindergarten and 1st grade teacher)

Favorite gift received was for my birthday, which is a few days after Christmas. My husband gave me tickets to go see.............don't know if I should admit this, but to see Barry Manilow in concert. I just love his music. Yeah I gues I'm a "Fanilow"

So as you can see, I love the holidays. Now everything seems so empty, kids are back at school, trees are down, etc... though we do leave our "winter" village up well into February, since it's "winter" Ditto for our "winter" dishes. Just hate to see it all end.

DVC Mary, sorry about your uncle, hope all is well and getting back on track.

That's all from me for now. Just keep your eyes on the 6/20/09 date and it will be here before we know it.

WDW Vacations -1977-1980-1982-1993-1995-1996-1997-1999-2003-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010 We have stayed at CBR, twice-DL-FWCabins-ASMusic-Dolphin-POFQ,twice-AKL-SSR, 4 times ~We've been to the Flower and Garden Show and the Food and Wine Festival~ DCLVacations Magic-2002-2006, Wonder-2004-2007-2010 - Alaskan cruise June 2011
Peggy Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #8
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mary View Post
I can't believe it's only 2008 & I have to wait another yr & half. The weather in the Chicago area is gray and overcast, but at least it's not too cold. It just makes me want to be on the cruise now.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone:

What was your favorite gift you gave this holiday?

gave my sons the Wii & it's fun to watch them play--especially Guitar Hero.

What was your favorite gift you received?

I had a rough Christmas season. I spent most of it at the hospital or funeral planning for an uncle who died the Friday after Christmas. My Mom told me 2 days after the funeral to go buy myself a nice purse. I bought a Coach, but I think I like the pink cellphone charm I bought w/ it just as much. It's my first designer purse. It's not like me. I save my fun money for Disney.

How were your holidays?

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle.....

As for the weather...it's so cold and windy around here...we've had our share of ice storms so far this year. It sure makes that cruise look wonderful....too bad it's in 2009.

As for Chirstmas....my favorite gift was new scrap booking ideas I got. My kids got lots of misc things. They had gotten their Wii last year for Chirstmas so them pretty much just got lots of new things to go with that. I do like that Wii is coming out with a Wii Fit game. It's to help people get fit! I so need that game!

lettie
Old 01-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #9
yankeegal64
Someday my prince..arrr pirate will come!

Count us in!

Hi all!
Large group coming from all over for my daughter's wedding on Castaway Cay. Last year we had 15 on the Western and it was a blast. Don't know where we'll be on the ship yet. We always book the cat 12 and let fate take it's course. We were very lucky last time and ended up in a cat 7 so hopefully there will be some of that Magic still floating around. I'm in NC but originally from MI. So far we have:
me 43 NC
DD 25 NC
DD 22 stationed in Korea
DS 21 stationed in Arlington
DDIL 21 VA
DB 42 MI
DSIL 37 MI
Dsoontobesoninlaw 29 NC
DF 33 FL
DF 65 NY
DF 64 NY
and rest to be added as they book
8/02 WDW off site
02/01/03 Disney Magic 7 day Western Caribbean
11/19/06 Disney Wonder 3 Day Bahamas
02/10/07 Disney Magic 7 Day Western Caribbean
yankeegal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegal64 View Post
Hi all!
Large group coming from all over for my daughter's wedding on Castaway Cay. Last year we had 15 on the Western and it was a blast. Don't know where we'll be on the ship yet. We always book the cat 12 and let fate take it's course. We were very lucky last time and ended up in a cat 7 so hopefully there will be some of that Magic still floating around. I'm in NC but originally from MI. So far we have:
me 43 NC
DD 25 NC
DD 22 stationed in Korea
DS 21 stationed in Arlington
DDIL 21 VA
DB 42 MI
DSIL 37 MI
Dsoontobesoninlaw 29 NC
DF 33 FL
DF 65 NY
DF 64 NY
and rest to be added as they book

How exciting a wedding at CC!! I would love to hear all the details...maybe we'll get lucky and catch a glimpse at your dd on her wedding day. I bet she's look just like a princess! I'll have to tell my dd about this wedding...she's only 13yrs old. But she's love reading all about the different Disney Weddings and seeing all the pics. Also, I was going to tell you...we're from Michigan (born and raised) but moved to Oklahoma.

lettie
Old 01-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #11
yankeegal64

Pleased to meet you Lettie. My name is Sheryl. What part of MI are you from? I grew up in Southwest Detroit. I miss the family but not the cold and snow. We are very excited about the wedding. My kids didn't travel on Disney until they were teens and they love it. Both have gone with just their boyfriends and they insist they won't travel on another cruise line. Last cruise the youngest child we had with us was 12 and the rest were adults. We had a DIS meet and met some wonderful people that went on some private excursions with us. Good times.
8/02 WDW off site
Old 01-27-2008, 01:49 AM   #12
DVC Mary

Wow!

A wedding group. We'll be looking out for you guys. Where do they do the weddings on CC? Is there a private location? I hope it's very special.

Life is getting back to normal after my uncle illness & death. THank you for your kind thoughts. I'm a h.s. history teacher, so the 2nd semester means many new names to learn, but it also means new relationships to build. I really like 2 of my new classes.

We planned a last minute trip to WDW. I'll tell you more about it when we get back, but basically we finally got my Mom (turning 80) to agree to go.

I'm so excited to plan special things for her. My almost 11 yr old DS is just as excited & understands we'll be taking it slow. My 7 yr old DS doesn't get it. He wants Nana to go on Mission Space. Hopefully he'll get it when we get down there.

Busy planning our trip:

2 nights at GF (1st time there--so I'm trying to learn as much as possible)
2 nights at BWV

Working on ADRs & trying to get more (especially at the times we want):

1900 Park Faire Breakfast
Crystal Palace
Rose n Crown

Have any of you been to the GF? Can you offer me any advice?

Take care!

Mary
Old 01-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #13
missyoh8
DIS Veteran

Just got off the Magic yesterday where we booked this cruise! At this point we have 7 people...should be 9 by tomorrow and I believe it will grow by the month!

We have never gone during the summer before, but it has now become necessary! WOW, what a price difference. Obviously, we think it is worth it.

Can't wait to meet all of you.

Still swaying in Ohio.........

Missyoh8

Wonder 4day 10/2003 , Magic Western (Cruisin' with hurricane Jeanne )9/2004,
Magic Eastern (Whoops I mean Western ) 9/2005, Magic Eastern 10/28/2006
Magic Eastern 01/19/2008 , Magic Eastern 6/20/2009
Dream Double Dip 7/2011 Fantasy Western 7/2013
missyoh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #14
yankeegal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyoh8 View Post
Just got off the Magic yesterday where we booked this cruise! At this point we have 7 people...should be 9 by tomorrow and I believe it will grow by the month!

We have never gone during the summer before, but it has now become necessary! WOW, what a price difference. Obviously, we think it is worth it.

Can't wait to meet all of you.

Still swaying in Ohio.........

Missyoh8
Hey Missy!
Welcome We have always gone in Jan/Feb so the June cruise will be a new experience for us also. I know what you mean about sticker shock What part of Ohio? Gotta love that Cedar Point!
8/02 WDW off site
Old 01-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #15
Marla Hellwig
I am loved by the masses
Addicted to Mickey bars!!
They call it getting lost, I prefer the term "creative exploring"
Ready for the next cruise

We are booked on this cruise - me and my daughter who will be 18 and celebrating her high school graduation

busy time for us now - she is on 2 swim teams and her high school swim team season is hot and heavy right now

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: