Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #1
snowbell
DIS Veteran

Magical Pre-holiday Trip to World (*The End 2/14/08)-- I finally won a Dream

I would like to start this trip report by saying that I always mean to start a pre-trippe, but I always become so consumed in other reports (Memom, UtahMama, DM, Blue's, Punkin-- and many others) -- That I will just resort to writing my actual report. I promise that I will start to include pictures on my next installment. Work blocked my access to photobucket

Introduction
This trip was a year in the making. DBF and I went during the Thanksgiving holiday last year and stayed at Coronado Springs (11/21 - 11/26/06). I cried like a little girl when we were leaving that DBF promised I could book a trip for the following year.

That is when I found the disboards. I cannot believe I have never come across this amazing site before. So many wonderful people coming together to discuss the greatest place on earth.

Anyway -- I thought that since I had a year to plan and a year to save, I would be able to stay at a deluxe. My heart was set on the BW Inn.
I spoke with my disney travel agent and we decided to go after Thanksgiving. (since I knew the crowds would be low). My final travel dates were November 28th - December 3rd. Staying at the Boardwalk Inn. I kept the hotel a secret from dbf. He thought that we were staying at Coronado. I was good for about a month and then of course I had to open my big mouth. you see we both agreed to a certain price....so I picked up the difference as part of his Christmas present. Thank God I had a good year

Between December of 06 and my actual holiday trip, I managed to squeeze in two short trips. The first was a graduation gift to my cousins and the latter was a labor day trip with dbf because of the free dining. I also managed to get a DVC. Well I don't actually close for another two weeks, but I will be a proud member at Saratoga Springs. I seriously have become one of those Crazed Disney People. And I could not imagine life any other way.

Cast of Characters

Me, AKA Snowbell - A Complete lover of Disney. I cannot wait until I start to have chilidren of my own so that I can make all of their dreams come true.
I work as an event director for a Corporate credit company so during this trip, I will have to take some time out to do site visits on property for an upcoming conference that we are having.

DBF, AKA Joe - Is really starting to love Disney. He really likes to relax, so I had to make a promise that we would leave the parks by 1pm the latest so he can enjoy the pool and the boardwalk. DBF works in construction all day so I wanted to make sure I could actually make this a vacation for him. We'll see.....

DBF's parents and Family.
Joe's parents decided to book their Florida trip the same week we decided to go. We made plans to have dinner with them one night and they also were going to meet us on the boardwalk for one evening to watch the fireworks and to have a cocktail.

My itinerary changed a few times over the year.... due to the fact that I could make some reservations before I knew the park hours. I was also suprising DBF with a Segway tour around WS at Epcot on our last day.

Our final Itinerary went something like this
11/28 - Epcot - Dinner at Teppan Edon
11/29 - Magic Kingdom - Dinner with Family
11/30 - Animal Kingdom - Dinner at Flying Fish
12/1 - MGM/MK - Break - Dinner at Le Celier - Drink on Boardwalk with Family
12/2 - Animal Kingdom - Osbourne - Dinner at Spoodles
12/3 - Epcot for Segway tour - Relax before we leave

So - I guess I am ready to start my trip report. I hope you enjoy! And I promise -- I will be adding pictures (although I am not the greatest photograper in the world)

Last edited by snowbell; 02-14-2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Title Change
Old 12-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
snowbell
DIS Veteran

Day 1... Part 1

Today started like every day... Except for the fact that we were going to Disney.. and staying at my favorite hotel, the BW.

We were getting picked up at 6:45 for a 8:30am flight from Newark Airport. DBF neglected to tell me that he did not finish packing and we were on a mission to make sure we did not forget anything. whew!

The flight was uneventful. I feel so bad b/c I saw a fellow disser, kimashton, and I did not go up to say hello. We were right about to board and I could not be 100% sure it was her. The last thing I wanted was for someone to think I was crazy before getting onto a plane... so hello Kimashton - I hope you had a great time in Disney

DME was ok. the line to get through was fine, but to actually get on the bus was another story. We landed at 11:30, but did not get to the hotel until 1:30.

As soon as we arrived at the boardwalk, everything seemed like a dream. I had the greatest CM as we were checking in, and can you believe it --- OUR ROOM WAS READY We had room 4273. It was facing the courtyard towards the boardwalk. It was perfect.

When we got to the room, we had this waiting for us.

Here are some picture of the room

And our view from the room was of this

After we dropped off our stuff, we were STARVING! We decided to walk to Epcot and get lunch in Morocco. One our way we say this guy..

Before we headed to lunch, however, I just had to get fast passes for soarin for later. prior to going on the boards, I did not even realize that you could use your passes after your fast pass time. Good thing for the boards, b/c i could not come back until after 5 and we had dinner at 7PM and Tepan Edan.

Lunch was really good. Joe and I shared the chicken platter while watching the show Mo rockin.

On our way back to the hotel we saw a beautiful rainbow over by Italy (I don't know how well the picture came out)

Joe decided to head off to RELAX while I took in the sites a little longer. When I got back to the hotel, I saw this

up next -- Dinner at Teppan Edan (I don't know how to spell) and a great first night at BW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

What was your room number at the Boardwalk.

We stayed there and our view was valet parking. We didn't mind, since we could see MGM fireworks and Epcot fireworks.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
snowbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
What was your room number at the Boardwalk.

We stayed there and our view was valet parking. We didn't mind, since we could see MGM fireworks and Epcot fireworks.

Our room was 4273. It was absolutely perfect. Even the sound of the christmas music was not bad... Once we shut the balcony door, it was suprisingly quiet. Are you going back to the BW soon?
Old 12-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #5
DisneyDaughter5589
Mouseketeer

First let me say you and your DBF are adorable!
I love it when I hear people who's BF's have come to enjoy Disney! (I hope I can get mine hooked in the first try).
I have never seen BW and I must say it looks Wonderful!

Can't wait for more!
Trips: 1995(ASMu), 1998(ASMo), 2000(ASMo), 2002 (POFQ), May 5, 2005 (POP for my Sweet 16), 2006 (POP), Dec 06 (POP) MVMCP, another one somewhere in there.Jan. 6-12 2008 w/ Mom, Dad, and Boyfriend (1st time). (POP) Next trip.... (Crossing Fingers) September 16-21 w/ FREE DINING

Alice

Take this quiz!

Quizilla | Join | Make a Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code
Old 12-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #6
snowbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaughter5589 View Post
First let me say you and your DBF are adorable!
I love it when I hear people who's BF's have come to enjoy Disney! (I hope I can get mine hooked in the first try).
I have never seen BW and I must say it looks Wonderful!

Can't wait for more!
It took four years of dating (still waiting for the ring.. lol) but I finally got him hooked.. It probably took until our holiday trip last year to finally hook him in. It was the decorations and the holiday theming.. (and Mickey of course) -- Thanks for subbing.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #7
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Oh that picture of your boyfriend sleeping is too cute! Did you show all of his friends?

Can't wait to find out what dream you won!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
snowbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDMB View Post
Oh that picture of your boyfriend sleeping is too cute! Did you show all of his friends?

Can't wait to find out what dream you won!
oooo -- I can never even tell him that I put in on the boards. he would kill me...
Old 12-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #9
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

great start, love the pics, especially the last couple.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 12-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #10
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Hey - I found you! You know I'll be riding along on this one. I already love the pictures. The rainbow picture is great, and the Christmas decorations, also.

I saw a LGMH on a lady's bag while I was at Magic Kingdom in one of the stores, but like you, I didn't go up to her, even knowing she was another Diser. I wouldn't have really known what to say.

I'm so glad you guys got to go, and I'm glad to know you're turning Joe into a Disney buddy, too. I'll look forward to hearing all about your great time together.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #11
Priorityonecb
DIS Veteran

Great review so far!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #12
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Hi,
I followed you over from MEMOM's report. Great start to the report and love all the pics.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #13
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Great start to your TR, you guys look so happy to be in Disney. I can't wait to hear all about the trip.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:08 AM   #14
snowbell
DIS Veteran

DECLANS DAD -- Thanks for coming on board. Joe would really freak if he knew about those pictures

MeMom -- Yeah.. Memom is here. I am so excited that you joined. My pictures are not as good as yours, but I tried.

PriorityoneCB -- Thank you

Scottny -- Thanks. I have seen your posts on Memom's TR

LifelongDreamer -- I wish I was still there. I only have two weeks vacation and a couple of sick days, so I try to tak a mini 3 day vacation here and there.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:28 AM   #15
GorshGoofy
Mouseketeer ~ DIS Dad #337

I followed from Memom's thread too. Loved the photos. Looking forward to more of your report.
Pedometers at WDW ~~ I'm a Dis Dad #337! And a DIS Granddad!! PopC w/ My 3Grandsons Jan 13 ~ Pop ~ Feb 12 w/ wife's sister & family ~ Pop Century Dec 10 (Me & DD & DNiece & More) ~ Jan 10, Jan 08, Jan 07 Disneymoon! ~ Feb 06 Israel & Egypt ~ Oct 05 Land/Sea 3rd Solo! First Cruise! Pop Century/Disney Wonder ~ Jan 05 Pop Century 1st on-site!! 2nd SOLO! ~ Sept 04 off site ~ Feb 2000 Off site 1st Solo ~ Dec 98/99? w/ kids Off site ~ Summer 94 & 95 Yucatan, Mexico ~ Off site Dec 93 & Mar 90 ~ Jan '87 1st WDW Trip with baby DS ~ Off site ~ Winter '83, Summer 80, Summer '79 1st WDW Trip EVER ~ Summer '78 Tokyo, Japan
GorshGoofy

Walking to WDW X3!!
346/521 ~ Lee FL on I-10
17 ~ I 65 S / 30 ~ I-10 E of Tunnel / 37 ~ Fairhope / 40 ~ Malbis / 47 ~ Bay Minette/Gulf Shores (59) / 56 ~ Styx River / 68 ~ Alabama/Florida Line on I-10 / 81 ~ Pensacola / 90 ~ Milton / 124 ~ Crestview / 153 ~ DeFuniak Springs / 164 ~ Ponce de Leon / 180 Bonifay ~ 293 Monticello / 309 Greenville ~ 319 Madison ~ 330 Lee ~ 351 Liveoak ~ 364 I-10/I75 Intersection ~ 372 Lake City ~ 434 Ocala ~ 457 Fl Turnpike ~ 506 I-4 ~ 518 Exit 259 ~ 521 Pop Century Parking Lot

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: