Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2009, 06:22 AM   #826
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

Place & time to meet ....

On our EDC Cruise last year {Election Day Castaways 1 Nov 08} we met on Sat @ 3 pm in the Promenade Lounge. It was before the mandatory lifeboat drill. We double checked everyone's cabin # as a few had changed for the FE! We also took a pix which was a wonderful memory for the family & I.

It was great getting to meet folks who we (DH & I) had been talking to for months & months. Throughout the week we were able to see our fellow Dis friends. I met quite a few of them while I was up around 5 am getting my 1st mug of tea for the day.

I would be interested in having Breakfast at Lumieres on Sunday morning. I guess we would have to pick a time and we could let everyone know at the Sat. 3 pm meet in the Promenage Lounge. I'd be willing to print slips to remind everyone what deck Lumieres is on, the time and what to tell the servers so we can all be seated near each other. I'd even be willing to get some LIME GREEN paper to print it on

wuv tigger

Last edited by wuv tigger; 10-08-2009 at 06:30 AM. Reason: extra thoughts ...
wuv tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:33 AM   #827
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv tigger View Post
On our EDC Cruise last year we met on Sat @ 3 pm in the Promenade Lounge. It was before the mandatory lifeboat drill. We double checked everyone's cabin # as a few had changed for the FE! We also took a pix which was a wonderful memory for the family & I.

It was great getting to meet folks who we (DH & I) had been talking to for months & months. Throughout the week we were able to see our fellow Dis friends. I met quite a few of them while I was up around 5 am getting my 1st mug of tea for the day.
Sounds great to me! I just want to meet you all. I'd hate to be passing by one of you on the cruise 100 times, and then find out on the last day that we had talked on this board.

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #828
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Amy, I would be happy to chip in for lanyards also. Thanks for volunteering to help I can send you the link to the company we have used in the past. Erik was very impressed with them (and we got the information from other cruisers who had been doing lanyards for a while so seems they have a good history). I will also ask Erik if he has any nametag programs or graphics left which I can send you as a template/idea. Finally, I am happy to help distribute them.

We usually order the lanyards to say the cruise "name" (Mouse Surfers), "Disney Magic" and the cruise dates. The little plastic holders on the end are the perfect size to hold your Key to the World card (KTTW) and photo ID. I love them and use them to carry around that with me all cruise long (so do the kids). Some people just wear them on day one--but that is okay. They also make a fun souvineer.

It is hard to see on our nametags in the photo, but here is what we have always done and it works very nicely:
at the top, in bold easy to read letters is the DISname associated with the cruiser. So, for my family all four of us would have NHDisneylover at the top because I am the sole poster in our group.
Then in the middle (the majority of the tag) is the pretty cruise graphic (our surfing Mickey).
At the bottom (in bold, easy to read again) is the first name of that cruiser (so we would have: Hadley, Dave, Marika and Rio in my family). If we do not have a first name we just leave it blank. Most people do send in the names for their entire party because hte kdis want their names on their badges and then just fold the name part underneath if they are worried about strangers knowing their children's names. Personally, anyone who wanted to know my kids' names would know it if they spent 5 minutes near us listening because i use them so often
On the back we generally put "thank you to teh lanyard team" and list the names of all those who chipped in to purchase lanyards.

OR--I just had this idea--why the heck have we not done it before?! If someone could design the template for the tags (we'll find the size when we order and post it) in an easy to modify format so everyone can add their names, could we post it and have everyone print their own name tag (saves Amy tons of work and means no one has a mispelled name, etc.)? Just an idea but I like it.

For distribution we have generally done the following:
I am always arrive at the port when it opens (no reason to be; I am just that way). I check in ASAP and then grab a table over in the area to the left of the Mickey Head gangway entrance. I stay there until boarding starts and as people make it to the terminal they generally send one member of the party over to pick up all of their lanyards (make sure whoever you send knows your DISboard name). By the time boarding starts over half the people usually have lanyards I then also choose a time and place on day one (generally 30 minutes right before or after the safety drill and Promenade lounge) to say I will be available for late pick ups. After that, if you still have not gotten your lanyards it is up to you to find me and get it. Amy, you can do this (can't remember if this is your first DCL or not--if so taht may be waaaay too much for you when everything is new) OR I am happy to so long as we can get the lanayrds to me before hand (by dropping them off for me at Animal Kingdom Lodge the week before or some such).

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:47 AM   #829
NHdisneylover

Quote:
On our EDC Cruise last year {Election Day Castaways 1 Nov 08} we met on Sat @ 3 pm in the Promenade Lounge. It was before the mandatory lifeboat drill. We double checked everyone's cabin # as a few had changed for the FE! We also took a pix which was a wonderful memory for the family & I.

I would be interested in having Breakfast at Lumieres on Sunday morning. I guess we would have to pick a time and we could let everyone know at the Sat. 3 pm meet in the Promenage Lounge. I'd be willing to print slips to remind everyone what deck Lumieres is on, the time and what to tell the servers so we can all be seated near each other. I'd even be willing to get some LIME GREEN paper to print it on

wuv tigger
Sounds good to me. If we meet in the Promenade lounge (say on the opposite side from the internet stations--to make it easier to find the group) anyone not yet wearing lanyards can pick them up then also.

Tower--let your wife know most luggage does not make it to rooms until after teh safety drill; so she is not likely to be missing out on unpacking anyway Finding the lounge will help her orient herself to the ship

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

Old 10-08-2009, 06:55 AM   #830
NHdisneylover

Cruise Message Boards

Sorry for the multiple posts, but it would be SOO long otherwise

The other things we have done on previous cruises is have 2-3 people volunteer to be message centers. Basically, people who are not going to try for an at port upgrade agree to post their stateroom number and then keep a dry erase board and pen on their door (the doors are metal so anything magnetic will stick). It is best to have someone fore, some one aft and someone mid ship. Then, anytime someone has a message for the group and needs to get the word out s/he goes to the rooms and writes it on the board. Others try to swing by a board once or twice a day to see if there are updates. Things which could be posted might be:

so&so got an upgrade so their fish extender will now be hanging outside of room# such&such

Lumiere's opens later than we thought so breakfast has been changed to such&such time

If you are interested in getting a group photo on Pirate night please meet at location ***at XXXX time, etc.

I would volunteer our room if people are interested in this. We are deck 5 in the front very near the kids' club and lab (so conveint for those with little ones to drop by and read). Ia malso happy to make the 2-3 boads needed for these rooms and bring them and pens to the meet if others want to use this system.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:04 AM   #831
NHdisneylover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoGirl@Heart View Post
Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hi! I am going to be traveling with my hubby and 3 kids and some friends from Canada! Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Okay, I have to post again because I got so caught up in lanyards, and breakfasts (do we want to be normal or be silly and all go to breakfast in our PJs--we did that on our trans atlantic cruise) and message boards that I forgot to say hello.

Hello and welcome Colorado Girl. Please PM me your first names and ages of kids and late or early dining as soon as you have made 10 posts (you have to ahev 10 posts to PM--just post a bunch of hellos here if you need to) so I can get you on the roll call (and you'll get your lanyards). Dave (my DH) and I grew up in Boulder. It is a lovely area.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #832
wuv tigger

I have 2 TinkerBell Cruise Message Boards to donate

I have 2 message boards to donate. They have Tink on them. They also come with a pen with velcro on it.

Dh & I will volunteer to be the Message Center for the Aft section of the cruise.

I will bring them in our carry on luggage and pass them out Sat at the 3 pm meet & greet in the Promenade Lounge.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #833
wuv tigger

Welcome to ColoradoGirl@Heart:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoGirl@Heart View Post
Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hi! I am going to be traveling with my hubby and 3 kids and some friends from Canada! Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Glad to have you aboard.

wuv tigger & family
Old 10-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #834
wuv tigger

We are participating in the FE's

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
okay--so post 598 here is the official in thread roll call page (working on getting a website for it also). PM me to be added (or tell me about changes to your listing) and I will update frequently. The poster who generally posts under the username is listed in purple. An asterisk* before the DIS name means the family is participating in the Fish Extender exchange.

wuv tigger
princessdadx2

Judy
David

DD (9)
DD (7)
late dining
**Please add wuv tigger & princessdadx2 to the FE exchange **
Old 10-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #835
wuv tigger

We will be getting CC lanyards for us or use our YOAMD lanyards.

[QUOTE=NHdisneylover;33871510]
OR--I just had this idea--why the heck have we not done it before?! If someone could design the template for the tags (we'll find the size when we order and post it) in an easy to modify format so everyone can add their names, could we post it and have everyone print their own name tag (saves Amy tons of work and means no one has a mispelled name, etc.)? Just an idea but I like it.

I would love to have the template to make our own name tags.

I like the idea of folding over the kids names on the bottom of their tags.

Do the Avery nametags fit into those holders?

I have some at home that I could use for our name tags.

wuv tigger
Old 10-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #836
rowst3
Earning My Ears

New to the Board - Question about Fish Extenders

I'm new to the board and happen to stumble across this forum the other day. Could someone tell me how my family - Myself (Rosemary), DH (Ryan) and DD (Madalyn) age 6 can participate in the meet up? Having cruised before with Disney I have actually never seen the Fish Extenders before. I know my DD would love this and was hoping someone could pass along some helpful information.

Thanks! Rosemary
rowst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #837
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowst3 View Post
I'm new to the board and happen to stumble across this forum the other day. Could someone tell me how my family - Myself (Rosemary), DH (Ryan) and DD (Madalyn) age 6 can participate in the meet up? Having cruised before with Disney I have actually never seen the Fish Extenders before. I know my DD would love this and was hoping someone could pass along some helpful information.

Thanks! Rosemary
Welcome aboard Rosemary!

DW is not a fan of FE's so we won't be participating on this one. There is a lot of info along this thread however. Just read back a few pages and learn more about it. People are making FE lists and you can take part in any way you like.

Hope to see you on board!

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #838
NHdisneylover

Quote:
**Please add wuv tigger & princessdadx2 to the FE exchange **
Hurray for message boards. So you are aft and I am fore Thanks
mommyoftwinfants is handling Fish Extenders--you need to PM her--but I will add astericks to your names on teh roll call if that is hwat you meant
Quote:

Thanks! Rosemary
Wecome. Please PM Mommyoftwinfants if you want to be involved in the fish extender exchange. Please also PM me with your first names, kids' ages and early/late dining and I will add you to the roll call. Once you are on the roll call I think we can now say you will get a lanyard As for joining in the meet ups--just pop in and say hello. Also the more you post on here the better we all get to know you and the more we will want to meet you.

Someone mentioend cataway club lanyards. We always do seperate DIS lanyards for a few reasons:
1. Not all the DISsers are CC club members
2. Lots of non DISsers are CC members so it does not help us to recognize the DISsers
3. CC lanyards are thick and kinf of hard and uncomfortable. The little cusstom lanyards are smaller, lighter and softer (but not for wearing pins)
4. It is FUN to have a custom lanyard to take home

Old 10-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #839
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:

Thanks! Rosemary
Welcome aboard to you and all the other recent newcomers to our thread . Hopefully this link http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607 will help with the explanation of the FEs! Mommyoftwinfants is keeping a list of those interested in participating.

As far as all the other ideas of meets and lanyards, I'm in. Just let me know how much we'd owe for the lanyards and who to pay. I think the breakfast in Lumiere's would be great and a lot of fun !
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

Last edited by carmie3377; 10-08-2009 at 07:15 PM.
carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #840
Paul6725
Mouseketeer

I haven't posted on here in ages, but we'll be on boards. It's me, my wife, our (then) two year old daughter, my parents, my wife's parents, my wife's sister and husband, and my wife's twin sister. And my wife and her twin will be celebrating their 30th birthday on the 7th. Not a bad birthday trip!
Paul6725 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: