Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 03:27 AM   #286
mickymania
Mouseketeer

Question of the Week - Hobbies

Me: Travel and I love to plan the trips, reading, and going to our kids sporting events and concerts.

Husband: Travel, read, photography, and golf

Did I mention we like to travel?

Wendy
mickymania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #287
mrstbalt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
So, since we talked about work last week, how 'bout we discuss play this week? So the Question of the Week is, what are your favourite hobbies?
l.
Me: Travel, Chicago Bears football, scrapbooking, playing my DSi/Wii and exploring with my family

DH: Computer, electronics, his fish tank, police stuff (he's a police commander), trying new foods (it does not show )

DD 9: animals, Littlest Pet Shop, Pokemon, DS/Wii, science experiments, softball and cheerleading. Anti-princess...only likes Mickey and Tinkerbell

DD 8: Littlest Pet Shop, Barbie, tap/ballet, DS/Wii, cheerleading, dress up and crafts. On the autism spectrum, but high functioning.

Mom/Grandma: Crafts, decroating, travel, baking, making cards and jewelry. First cruise and Disney experience.

Just got my Disney Cruise Passporter, so excited! It will fill the void for now, 7 1/2 months seems so far off.

Jen
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #288
PirateMaiden
Family calls me CruEllen! HMMM???

Okay, we are staying at the Hyatt the night before. Thought we would just take Disney transportation, but am now thinking of driving. What to do, what to do... oh my gosh, is it December yet???
Old 04-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #289
Tower
DIS Veteran

Well Ms. Maiden,

I'd recommend you still get in a day ahead of time regardless of what you do. You don't want the pressures of scheduling to get in your way and a weather challenge slowing you down leading to a very tense drive/flight to be sure you'll be on time.

Of course if you drive, I figure you'll spend the Friday night near the Cape

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:27 AM   #290
George Rada

Hi Piratemaiden,

I see you live in Virginia (We used to live there also, before moving to Maryland). Driving down to the cruise is not so bad at all. It's about 14 hours and we have done it over night. The kids sleep and we alternate sleeping and driving. A couple of tanks of gas and then you are there. We are planning on leaving Thursday night and getting to Port Canaveral sometime on Friday morning. We'll book a hotel in advance for friday. In the past the hotels we've stayed at let you park your car there for free for the week, which works out nicely.

See you guys onboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George
George Rada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:39 AM   #291
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Is it to late for me to join this thread?

Hey there we booked this cruise on our 4 night in Dec 08! We DH 36 and me DW 32. No Kids however we love Disney and we LOVE DCL

This is our first 7 night cruise that will celebrate our 10 Anniversary!

The only thing that might keep us from going is the fact that we are paying off our ABD trip for August as I write this and as long as we don't have any surprises between the time we payoff cruise in Sept we will be good to go!

I will take the time to read the whole thread to learn who everyone is! I am looking forward to this cruise as it will be the first time on Magic!!
HappyGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #292
Tower
DIS Veteran

Welcome HappyGrumpy!

So, which one are you? which is your DH?

Hope you're both 'Happy'

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #293
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome HappyGrumpy!

So, which one are you? which is your DH?

Hope you're both 'Happy'
I know..we are both HAPPY! I just like the play on words being that they are both characters from Snow White DH always contemplates a Grumpy shirt or grumpy golf item when we to the World and I always discourage it because I am like "but your not a "grumpy" guy"! He then suggested HappyTigger because he is also a huge Tigger fan! Ok yea let me think about that ....how about NO! DW thought HappyGrumpy just rolled better and I am the wife and I will be doing most of the posting so ...HappyGrumpy we are!!:
He actually likes the HG now!
Old 04-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #294
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGrumpy View Post
DH always contemplates a Grumpy shirt or grumpy golf item when we to the World and I always discourage it because I am like "but your not a "grumpy" guy"!
DH loves Grumpy too - he is his favorite character. He has several Grumpy jerseys from WDW, shirts, a tie. However, DH is usually not grumpy at all.
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #295
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DH loves Grumpy too - he is his favorite character. He has several Grumpy jerseys from WDW, shirts, a tie. However, DH is usually not grumpy at all.
So you get it! Have you been on the Magic before? Is it very different from the Wonder if you have been. Do you have any kids? We do not but LOVE DCL! We also love kids!!! Don't want it to sound like we don't like them when I adore my nieces and nephews It's funny because we never see kids on the ship unless it time for character pics or getting on or off the ship! So kids are fine with us! Ok done with that rant!

I am getting super excited!!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #296
George Rada

Hi HappyGrumpy,

Our first cruise was a 4 night on the Wonder and our last 2 cruises were 7 nights on the Majic. I don't recall much difference between the two ships. I think the foward smoke stack on the Wonder is an ESPN Zone and the one on the majic is a teen club. That's about all the diffeences I can recall. There may be some new differences now that the Majic has come out of drydock.

Oh, and welcome to the thread!!!!!!!!!!!
George Rada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #297
carmie3377

Quote:
So you get it! Have you been on the Magic before? Is it very different from the Wonder if you have been. Do you have any kids? We do not but LOVE DCL! We also love kids!!! Don't want it to sound like we don't like them when I adore my nieces and nephews It's funny because we never see kids on the ship unless it time for character pics or getting on or off the ship! So kids are fine with us! Ok done with that rant!

I am getting super excited!!
I've never even been on a cruise before! We are super excited. I'm just hoping that none of us are prone to motion sickness but we will be prepared just in case .

Yes, we have 2 children - DD age 10 and DS age 3. DS is always talking about the "Mickey Mouse Boat"! We are going to have a blast.
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

Old 04-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #298
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Welcome HappyGrumpy Your post about loving kids even though you don't have them and never seeing them on the ship cracked me up WE actaully "loaned" our son out to childless friends who like kids and wanted to compete in Mickey Mania (you have to have a kid)

It is so nice to see so many posts the last couple of days I loved reading about everyone's hobbies. Hunting, travel, scrapbooking, sports, Wii . . .We are a well rounded group if I say so myself

Okay, so here is a new Question of the Week
What is your favourite (not dessert--lets save that for next week shall we?) food???
Me--Well it is hard to narrow down but one of my favourite meals is cheese soup with homemade pretzles and a good salad (my own little at home version of Le Cellier)
Dave--He's in Budapest right now so I have to make my best guess for him. He'd probably say Lobster.
Marika--Crab legs and french blue cheese (man she is gonna be an expensive date)
Rio--pizza, grilled cheese, pasta with butter and peanut butter and brown sugar sandwhiches

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #299
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome HappyGrumpy Your post about loving kids even though you don't have them and never seeing them on the ship cracked me up WE actaully "loaned" our son out to childless friends who like kids and wanted to compete in Mickey Mania (you have to have a kid)

When I writing this I wanted to make sure I did not across as one of "those" who goes to Disney and then freaks out when the kids show up

I love Jesus, my husband, music, travel and ALL things Disney!!! I sound like a Tom Petty song I think we are going to stay at WL for a couple of nights after the cruise. I love Disney at Christmas and have to get my "fix" before we head home!

Quote:
We have never even been on a cruise before! We are super excited.
I am so excited for you! You are going to be "hooked" on DCL after this trip!
My husband had to drag me off the ship in Dec 2007 I through a temper tantrum like the 5 year old coming off the ship with me

I am going to try and upload some pics later I am at work on my dinner break. I have read some threads that say the food on the Magic is better than the Wonder. Anyone have anything to say to that?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #300
carmie3377

Quote:
I love Disney at Christmas and have to get my "fix" before we head home!
Oh, I know what you mean! I told DH that there was no way I could be in central Florida and NOT go to WDW. We will either go the week before or week after, depending upon schedule and promos.

Quote:
I am so excited for you! You are going to be "hooked" on DCL after this trip!
My husband had to drag me off the ship in Dec 2007 I through a temper tantrum like the 5 year old coming off the ship with me
Thank you! I'm afraid we'll be hooked too! I had never been to a Disney Park prior to Aug 03. One trip to DL and that was it! We moved from North Texas to Louisiana shortly after so we were then within reasonable driving distance to WDW. We went 3 times within the 3.5 years we lived there. Since moving to South Texas 2 years ago, we've gone 2 more times but now we fly. I feel like a kid when I'm there. We never vacationed when I was a child and I dreamed of Disney. Now, I can be a child! I can sequel when we get there, get my picture with characters, ride all the fun rides, and cry when I leave. And to see my children - priceless. I fell so fortunate that I can share those things with my kids while they are young!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: