Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #1651
princess369
Born to Cruise

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMaiden View Post
Not sure how all of this works, but maybe we can all be in the same area somehow... DD8 probably would enjoy some company her age too.

You have to get the numbers (Adults and children) and the reservation numbers of those who want tables in the same area. Then call your TA or Disney and make a request. They prefer tables of 4, 6, or 8, but will do 10 as well. It's hard to do lots of 10s because of presures on wait-staff. I'm doing early seating for those who PM me with the info.

To those with early seating: So far I have DisneyCurisin, Tower, and Inkmamahm. If I have missed anyone, or if anyone with early seating wants to join us, Please let me know now.
princess369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #1652
msmickminn
DZNYMOM
TF's see everything and are everywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebits View Post
I now know I made a HUGE mistake and booked my transfers to and from the cruise through Disney, but can anyone tell me what time does Disney usually pick you up from the hotel and get us to the terminal and the time we get back to the hotel after the cruise? We are so excited to try our first Disney cruise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
I don't know the answer, but we too booked the DCL transfer. I called and there is no charge to cancel, provided we do so more than 3 days ahead of time. We'll likely get a shipboard credit to spend on excursions
We booked the transfers as well. We are at AKL and this morning we called to confirm our details. We were told we would be picked up at 12:30.
Kinda bummed about that as we were hoping to arrive at the port earlier than that.
Anyone know if you can rent a car, then return it at the port?

Thanks again for the welcomes!! Don't stress over the goodies...we're good! Just looking forward to being aboard!
msmickminn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #1653
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmickminn View Post
We booked the transfers as well. We are at AKL and this morning we called to confirm our details. We were told we would be picked up at 12:30.
Kinda bummed about that as we were hoping to arrive at the port earlier than that.
Anyone know if you can rent a car, then return it at the port?

Thanks again for the welcomes!! Don't stress over the goodies...we're good! Just looking forward to being aboard!
We're renting from Budget. They have a rental place at one of the DTD hotels. They will pick you up from your hotel and take you back to the rental agency to complete the transaction. Then, upon arriving at the port, you drop the car off at Budget and then take their free shuttle to the port. Or, everyone but the driver could be dropped off at the port with the luggage and then the one person return the car to budget and take the shuttle back. We are doing this and our one way rental is right around $50. One way transfers from Disney would have cost us $140!
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #1654
amyngary
Mouseketeer

Marika and Julia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
Now i have to tell the cheese story. Marika is a weird kid, as I am sure you have all gathered Shortly before our TA cruise it came up that her favourite gift for Christmas had been gift certifcates to the imported cheese shop in Concord. She has a thing for good cheese--especially really strong blue cheeses (she did NOT get this from me!). So, about the third or fourth night of that 14 night cruise some DISser friends came down to the dining room with a plate of cheeses they had convinced their Palo server to make up for her partly as a joke and partly to be sweet as all get out. It was a VERY empty cruise so all the staff had lots of time on their hands I guess. It became a running thing and nearly every night some DISser dining in Palo brought a plate of cheese (no olives) for that 10 year old with strange tastes
This is meant as a funny story only. PLEASE no one bring cheese to Marika this trip. She can get plenty of good stuff here now without paying obscene amounts for it
Meanwhile Rio was eating plain pasta with butter every night and driving our waiter bonkers with his lack of variety. When he asked Rio what else he would eat if he could have anything in the world and Rio answered "grilled cheese" is when we learned room service has grilled cheeses but they are not listed on the menu
OMG! I love the cheese story. I think Marika and Julia are twin sisters separated at birth. First their love of reading, now their love of cheese! When we go out to a nice dinner with the kids at a place with a cheese plate, Julia begs us to let her spend $15+ for it instead of the typical $6 kids' meal!! The other day she said "but you know how I love rare expensive cheese" However, Julia HATES typical cheeses (read: inexpensive) like american.

btw Hadley: You and Marika can decide if she'd rather have her own copy (Julia reads Benedict books over and over and over), or just borrow Julia's during the cruise. We tend to get all of our books at Amazon, so if you want me to order you one for $9.17 (I'm sure we can come up with enough other books to get the free shipping), let me know. Otherwise, we'll bring Julia's copy to lend.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #1655
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyngary View Post
OMG! I love the cheese story.
Heck, I just love the cheese plate idea! I LOVE CHEESE!!!!

I think I'll be ordering room service somehow to get hold of some nice bleu!

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #1656
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

Goodness, teach me to leave for a workshop for two days. Somehow I think we will make it 200 pages

Glad everyone's health is now on the up and up... or least heading in the right direction.
mommyoftwinfants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:29 AM   #1657
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

I gotta read through a few posts to get the door #'s

Quote:

I could add the meets to that page if people want me to. What does everyone think? I a mtrying to remember them all:

Lanyards from Amy in the terminal starting around 11:00

Dis Group Meet @ 3 pm & Lanyards from me in Promenade lounge from 3:00 until safety drill

Photo and group breakfast at Lumieres Sunday morning at 9:00 (do I have that time right?)

I can also post the message doors if we know who they are.

That way we will have everything in one place.

Message Boards:
2120 Aft ~ wuv tigger & princessdadx2

I will post the other door #'s after the dkids are off to school. I am still trying to keep this a secret

wuv tigger
wuv tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:51 AM   #1658
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
OMG! I love the cheese story. I think Marika and Julia are twin sisters separated at birth. First their love of reading, now their love of cheese! When we go out to a nice dinner with the kids at a place with a cheese plate, Julia begs us to let her spend $15+ for it instead of the typical $6 kids' meal!! The other day she said "but you know how I love rare expensive cheese" However, Julia HATES typical cheeses (read: inexpensive) like american.

btw Hadley: You and Marika can decide if she'd rather have her own copy (Julia reads Benedict books over and over and over), or just borrow Julia's during the cruise. We tend to get all of our books at Amazon, so if you want me to order you one for $9.17 (I'm sure we can come up with enough other books to get the free shipping), let me know. Otherwise, we'll bring Julia's copy to lend.
Oh they do sound a LOT alike Marika says please get Julia onto the kids thread (or is she being surprised by the cruise? I can't remember who all is doing that). I'll talk to her about the book and let you know ASAP THANKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv tigger View Post
Message Boards:
2120 Aft ~ wuv tigger & princessdadx2

I will post the other door #'s after the dkids are off to school. I am still trying to keep this a secret

wuv tigger
Thanks I will hold off on updating until they are posted. Does nayoen else want to PM me their info to add to the rollcall?????

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:52 AM   #1659
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwinfants View Post
Goodness, teach me to leave for a workshop for two days. Somehow I think we will make it 200 pages

Glad everyone's health is now on the up and up... or least heading in the right direction.
I agree - I think we will hit 200 pages.....now to get motivated this morning to find us transportation from the port to WDW. UGH! I hate this part as I am totally paranoid that we might miss the first event for this D23 event. Need all the good vibes we can get about getting off the boat as early as possible.

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:58 AM   #1660
beachbratt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
I was just looking up prices for our excursions so we know a total and I found looking on DCL. com that the Forest and Beach excursion states from ages 10+. I logged onto our reservation and it's still showing Brennan (8) is booked. I also went on to my cruise plans and it's still showing on there it's for kids 8+. I'm not sure what's going on? I just don't want them to say at the last minute that Brennan can't go and still expect us to pay. I made a copy of the booked excursions just in case they later say it was only 10+.

If you look here it says 10+
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...est-and-beach/
I would suggest giving them a call ahead of time too just to make sure which age is correct because like Hadley said they don't budge with the ages for excursions and this way if it is 10 you will have time to pick something else to do or see if you can get it as a private tour they usually have lower age limits then Disney.

DISNEY WONDER**APRIL 29-MAY 3 2007**
DISNEY WONDER**SEPTEMBER 16-20 2007**
DISNEY MAGIC**SEPTEMBER 27-OCTOBER 4 2008**
DISNEY MAGIC**MAY 23-MAY 30 2009**
DISNEY MAGIC**DEC 05-DEC 12 2009**
DISNEY WONDER**JULY25-JULY30 2010**
DISNEY FANTASY**AUGUST 25-SEPTEMBER 1 2012**
DISNEY DREAM **DEC 6-9 2012**
DISNEY DREAM**DEC9-13 2012**
DISNEY FANTASY**DEC 6-13 2014**

CARNIVAL DREAM**DEC10-17 2011**
CARNIVAL BREEZE**APRIL27-MAY05 2013**
CARNIVAL DREAM**DEC07-14 2013**
CARNIVAL FREEDOM OCT 05-13 2014**
CARNIVAL BREEZE**APRIL 25-MAY02 2015**

beachbratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #1661
amyngary
Mouseketeer

Excursions

Is anyone else doing the Long Bay Beach tour on Tortola? We are currently signed up for it, but I am on the fence. I originally wanted to book our own excursion, but they all seemed difficult for DD4.

Any ideas?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #1662
beachbratt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Is anyone else doing the Long Bay Beach tour on Tortola? We are currently signed up for it, but I am on the fence. I originally wanted to book our own excursion, but they all seemed difficult for DD4.

Any ideas?
we are just taking a taxi to Brewers Bay beach and when we were there in May we took a taxi to Cane Garden Bay beach much cheaper then going to a beach thru DCL

DISNEY WONDER**APRIL 29-MAY 3 2007**
DISNEY WONDER**SEPTEMBER 16-20 2007**
DISNEY MAGIC**SEPTEMBER 27-OCTOBER 4 2008**
DISNEY MAGIC**MAY 23-MAY 30 2009**
DISNEY MAGIC**DEC 05-DEC 12 2009**
DISNEY WONDER**JULY25-JULY30 2010**
DISNEY FANTASY**AUGUST 25-SEPTEMBER 1 2012**
DISNEY DREAM **DEC 6-9 2012**
DISNEY DREAM**DEC9-13 2012**
DISNEY FANTASY**DEC 6-13 2014**

CARNIVAL DREAM**DEC10-17 2011**
CARNIVAL BREEZE**APRIL27-MAY05 2013**
CARNIVAL DREAM**DEC07-14 2013**
CARNIVAL FREEDOM OCT 05-13 2014**
CARNIVAL BREEZE**APRIL 25-MAY02 2015**

beachbratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #1663
amyngary
Mouseketeer

Kids thread

Quote:
Oh they do sound a LOT alike Marika says please get Julia onto the kids thread (or is she being surprised by the cruise? I can't remember who all is doing that). I'll talk to her about the book and let you know ASAP THANKS

[/B]
Julia posted on the kids thread a while ago, but nobody has posted on it since then. Here's a reminder to everyone that it can be found at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1657190&page=4

Happy Friday!
Old 11-13-2009, 09:32 AM   #1664
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Julia posted on the kids thread a while ago, but nobody has posted on it since then. Here's a reminder to everyone that it can be found at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1657190&page=4

Happy Friday!
Looks like Julia has been posting on a different thread. I didn't realize that there were 2 kids' threads out there but this one has been a lot more active: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2129312&page=7
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #1665
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:

Happy Friday!
I didn't realize we had two kids' threads going either! Yes, most of the kids seem to be here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2129312

I wonder if there is a way to have them merged.

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: