Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #151
MsLeFever
WPASADI II Co-Winner
Wants to be the #1 WPASADI!
Won't beg for a tag but will rewrite disco songs!
Eating chocolate is a good cure for anything and everything!

Hooray for paid off trips!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #152
Liltx
DIS Veteran

Helen,

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet dog. Bear had something like that once when his tongue was just hanging out staring into space then he couldn't stop panting and his heart was racing. They actually gave him vallium which made him act drunk, poor guy. This was MANY years ago and nothing like that since. Hopefully it will be the same for Floss.

My oldest went to Princess Camp today at her dance school. My youngest almost had a fit when she heard sister was having a Princess Lunch. I know she thought she was having lunch at Cinderella castle because later she said "OK, now we go get sister at the castle." I felt bad for her so we made cupcakes. Pink and blue icing did the trick.

I wish my trip was paid off. We aren't going to pay for ours until dh gets his Christmas bonus. I guess at that point we will put in extra to cover all of the expenses onboard. Anyone know what they do if you have money left over?

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. I am having a girlfriend's weekend. The five of us are staying at my friend's house on the river and visiting some Texas wineries.

Monica
Liltx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #153
MsLeFever
WPASADI II Co-Winner

The last of our passports came today! Now we can go!

We're heading up to visit my parents in western NY next week, we might go to Niagara Falls and give the passports a test drive. We don't really need them (yet) to get into Canada but they should make it easier.

Wow - I remember when you just sorta waved at the border guards and drove thru. Those days are gone.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #154
marcij

Cruise Director Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltx View Post
Helen,

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet dog. Bear had something like that once when his tongue was just hanging out staring into space then he couldn't stop panting and his heart was racing. They actually gave him vallium which made him act drunk, poor guy. This was MANY years ago and nothing like that since. Hopefully it will be the same for Floss.

My oldest went to Princess Camp today at her dance school. My youngest almost had a fit when she heard sister was having a Princess Lunch. I know she thought she was having lunch at Cinderella castle because later she said "OK, now we go get sister at the castle." I felt bad for her so we made cupcakes. Pink and blue icing did the trick.

I wish my trip was paid off. We aren't going to pay for ours until dh gets his Christmas bonus. I guess at that point we will put in extra to cover all of the expenses onboard. Anyone know what they do if you have money left over?

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. I am having a girlfriend's weekend. The five of us are staying at my friend's house on the river and visiting some Texas wineries.

Monica
I've put money on our account for expenses ahead of time but never had any left over so I can't help you. Hopefully someone else will answer you.

Sounds like a terrific girls weekend! We finished up an AAYBA world series tournament in Flower Mound this past week. Baseball is finally over for the summer. About time, as it was 105 yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLeFever View Post
The last of our passports came today! Now we can go!

We're heading up to visit my parents in western NY next week, we might go to Niagara Falls and give the passports a test drive. We don't really need them (yet) to get into Canada but they should make it easier.

Wow - I remember when you just sorta waved at the border guards and drove thru. Those days are gone.
Congrats on the passports arriving!

I needed some form of ID for the world series tournament my son was just in. I started to use the passport, instead of the original or certified birth certificate but was afraid I would forget to get it back and we are taking a quick trip out of the country later this week. It would be just like me to forget to get it back or not be able to find the coach.

Helen -- congrats on paying off the trip! Unfortunately for U.S. citizens, it doesn't look like the dollar will rebound any time soon. Our economy stinks over here, and with the jump in gas prices over the last year, it isn't going to get better any time soon, but I don't blame you for not taking a gamble.

Depending on what the exchange rate is next year, you might just bring empty suitcases and buy everything here before you leave on the cruise. I have a Brit friend from another thread and that is what she and her husband do.

Kicking Cancer's Butt One Day at a Time!
marcij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #155
MrsJobba1
I swoon @ the very mention of his name
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Talking

Hi all,

Just checking in from our holiday.

Things are really good -surprisingly the weather has been great. We've only had a couple of showers yesterday.

We were at a flyball competition yesterday and had fun -Floss and daves' team came 2nd their division, whilst Ben and my team came first in our division. so there was only a little gloating last night.

The good news is
This time next year we will be on the magic

I hope you are all having a great summer

Take care

Helen xx

MrsJobba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #156
marcij

Cruise Director Chick

Hi Helen. I'm glad you guys are having fun and doing well in the competition. I think a little gloating is definitely justifiable!

Hooray for next summer!

Old 08-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #157
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Question shoes and bags

Hi Guys,
Well we got back from our holiday last night - The weather really held out for us which was great!

Ok

So I've spent all day assembling some new shoe racks (4 )and I still do not have enough storage for my shoes. (i've ordered another 2)

How I would love to have a big walk in wardrobe like you have in America -

Well as I've been sorting I've had stuff all over the bedroom. hall, den etc
(I dont think Dave knew I had that many He said are all women like this?
Well I know my mam and my aunties are (must be gentetic)

I have about 30 pairs of boots and about 60 pairs of sandals / shoes -

Do you think I have a problem

Dont get me started on the bags - I have nowhere to put them currently every door handle in my house has a bout 5 hung on them.

Just wondering where do you stand on this subject am I alone in my problem

Take care H

PS when I cruise I limit myself and bring 10 pairs of sandals / shoes - which is hard.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #158
marcij

Cruise Director Chick

You are not alone! I only have a few pairs of boots, since we aren't very cold here, but I have tons of shoes/sandals. I'd guess well over 200 counting crocs. I don't have that many purses -- the ones I buy are pricey so I don't buy very often, but I do have tons of backpacks of all sizes and tote bags. I try to defend my purchases by talking about how many hats my hubby buys, but he always points out the price difference...

I'm glad you had a great holiday Helen.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:50 AM   #159
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Question

Thanks Marci-

Well its nearly getting to the time when I can book my flights and DVC portion of our holiday. I have been planning it like a military operation

We are hoping (if all works to plan and we get the reservations we want ) to do this.

July 19th Fly to Orlando - (stay @ BWV) 5 nights till 24th

24th July fly to NY - stay for 6 nights till 30th

30th July fly back to WDW (stay @ SSR) until cruise

we are going to have 1 final night @ WDW after the cruise

fly home 9th August arrive 10th

There are still quite a few uncertainities but these are out of our control

We are waiting for DVC to announce their conceirge collection for 2009 - hopefully when they do they will still have the Loews Regency hotel NY as we would like to book this for our NY part.

We've never taken a domestic flight in the USA -is it a relatively simple- how far out do you normally book?

Oh well got to go and get some work done

Take care

Helen

Old 08-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #160
MsLeFever
WPASADI II Co-Winner

Helen - that sounds like a dream vacation!

When I book flights I usually look about six months out - and it seems the earlier I book the better deal I get. Whenever I decide to put it off for a bit it always costs me more!

I've got about 2 weeks before we are all back to school. DH is working on his Masters degree this year - and should be all finished with it by cruise time! I'm directing a show and teaching four classes (which is an overload of one course) Plus doing at least 2 individual instructions!

Mom and Dad are hoping that my brother and I throw them in a 50th party in June (the actual date of their 50th) so I need to start saving for that too. Not sure exactly what they are expecting though!
Old 08-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #161
Liltx
DIS Veteran

I do not have that many shoes but DH does. He collects Vans, Nikes, and also sunglasses and skateboards. He is such a girl. We had a tax free weekend and I bought 5 pair of shorts, 4 pants, 13 shirts, 2 dresses, one purse, 2 sunglasses, one bra, and 5 necklaces for just at $300. It was so much fun!

I usually buy our tickets around 4-5 months in advance. We always fly southwest when we can because they will refund the money if your flight goes down in price. They also do not charge any baggage fees. We never take one than 2 bags for our whole family but I still like the fact that they do not hide fees.

I started school this last Monday so things are busy here. The kiddos are fantastic and I am already have a great and exhusting time!

I plan to go to New York with my mom in May but still haven't talked to Thom about it. He will be fine with it but I feel guilty that he takes less han have the vacations I do and gets stuck with the child care. Still my parents do pay for most of them. This one will only cost me around $1000. How often can you go to New York for that much?

Monica
Liltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:01 AM   #162
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Hi all,

Well summer is nearly over here -I go back to school on Monday.

I've started having the back to school nightmares already -Although I must admit, above my desk at home I have a large wall calander and I cross off each day until I get to the summer.

I have booked my first 5 nights with DVC staying at boardwalk

Just waiting till I can book my flights to USA -wont be long now
Dave says I spend my life counting down days

I just got this info from a recent thread on the board

I spoke with DCL again today and got a much more knowledgeable CM to help me. She confirmed that the rotations (for the EC) are 1231231, as follows:

PLAPLAP (these would be at 6:00 and 8:30)
LAPLAPL (these would be at 5:30 and 8:00)
APLAPLA (these would be at 5:35 and 8:15)

Pirate night for the EC would be night 4. The attire course would be as follows:

Cruise casual, formal, cruise casual, pirate, cruise casual, semi-formal and cruise casual.

I hope that this is helpful. Now I just have to remember all of this when making a Palo reservation.

What sitting does everyone have?

This will be the first time in 5 or is it 6 cruises that we will have main (early) sitting. We have always had late and I'm looking forward to the change.

Oh well I'd better go as I'm off to the schools library service to pick up some books for school next week - our topic is Monsters

Any Lurkers please feel free to join in our discussion - you are more than welcome!

Take care
x

Old 08-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #163
marcij

Cruise Director Chick

Helen -- didn't you just get out of school? It seems like a short break... Thanks so much for the info. We always have early dining, since we've cruised since the kids were young, but am thinking of switching so we don't have to get ready for dinner so early. Why did you decide to switch -- just for something different?

How are you, Dave and the other fur babies doing since Sally's passing? I've been thinking of you.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #164
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcij View Post
Helen -- didn't you just get out of school? It seems like a short break... Thanks so much for the info. We always have early dining, since we've cruised since the kids were young, but am thinking of switching so we don't have to get ready for dinner so early. Why did you decide to switch -- just for something different?

How are you, Dave and the other fur babies doing since Sally's passing? I've been thinking of you.
Hi Marci,

We get 6 weeks summer break here in the UK.
We also get 1 week end of Oct
2 weeks for christmas
1 week middle feb
2 weeks for easter
1 week end of may

To be honest I think I will be glad to get back to school. This year's holiday has been a bit of a downer really. Sally died 2 days before my birthday so we didn't really feel like celebrating that.
We are looking forward to next year!

We switched because the last time we had late dinner (granted it was on the med cruise and our servers were poor) it took ages we were not leaving the dinning room until after 10.30pm. We missed the sailaway party and couple of nights we had not had our starter until after 9pm.

This was on the med and not the norm but as we booked this cruise the day it opened we decided to try early. We have requested that we get the 6pm sitting (not sure if this will come through though.)

How are things in Texas? By the way (off topic) but when do you guys vote on the new president - its all over our news?

Oh we have decided we are going to breed Floss the vets have given us the ok - so we are just waiting for her to come into season.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #165
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

wow I just noticed our counters

in 4 days we'll be into the 10 month mark

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: