Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2008, 12:21 AM   #136
MrsJobba1
I swoon @ the very mention of his name
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLeFever View Post
hehehe - you are a Brit so you are forgiven.

It is the pro Baseball team from Pittsburgh.
Thank you for forgiving me

Hmmmm now baseball thats something to do with a stick and a ball - right

MrsJobba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #137
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Hi all,

Just wanted to welcome any one who is lurking out there. Currently we have 4 families on our cruise. Please feel free to join in . You are more than welcome. We are here to help each other plan and enjoy the cruise!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #138
Liltx
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies!

I've had an interesting summer. Disney was great and my 3yo still says daily that we need to go find our disney bus to Cinderella's castle. No concept of time and distance yet.

I got a huge shock (literally) a few weeks ago when our house had a huge power surge while I was touching the cable box. I'm fine but had a sore throat and my legs felt really funny. Our new TV, computer, phones, sleep number bed, and garage door openers were all fried.

Then the next week I gave myself a second degree burn on my arm with the iron. It was so bad that it didn't hurt, which was strange to see my arm like that with no pain. I actually didn't realize I burned myself at first. When it started to dry out the next day then it REALLY hurt.

So, I am not too superstitious but am a little nervous about what number 3 will be?

DH and I love baseball. We are actually driving to Houston this weekend to see our favorite Cubs play the Astros. SO yes, I think it's a great idea about the shirts.

As far as excursions go, we are going to do the biking one in St. Thomas, disney sponsored, and then DH is going to dive at Coki beach (not through Disney). DH rides bikes all of the time for mile and miles (like 70 or 80 on a Saturday and 40-50 on weekdays).
I would like to do the catamaran in St. Martin but still haven't decided for sure.

I just hope we get to book the ones we want since we don't get to until 75 days out. I guess if not we can book most of them on our own right?

I hope everyone is having a nice summer!

Monica
Liltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #139
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltx View Post
Hi ladies!

I've had an interesting summer. Disney was great and my 3yo still says daily that we need to go find our disney bus to Cinderella's castle. No concept of time and distance yet.

I got a huge shock (literally) a few weeks ago when our house had a huge power surge while I was touching the cable box. I'm fine but had a sore throat and my legs felt really funny. Our new TV, computer, phones, sleep number bed, and garage door openers were all fried.

Then the next week I gave myself a second degree burn on my arm with the iron. It was so bad that it didn't hurt, which was strange to see my arm like that with no pain. I actually didn't realize I burned myself at first. When it started to dry out the next day then it REALLY hurt.

So, I am not too superstitious but am a little nervous about what number 3 will be?

DH and I love baseball. We are actually driving to Houston this weekend to see our favorite Cubs play the Astros. SO yes, I think it's a great idea about the shirts.

As far as excursions go, we are going to do the biking one in St. Thomas, disney sponsored, and then DH is going to dive at Coki beach (not through Disney). DH rides bikes all of the time for mile and miles (like 70 or 80 on a Saturday and 40-50 on weekdays).
I would like to do the catamaran in St. Martin but still haven't decided for sure.

I just hope we get to book the ones we want since we don't get to until 75 days out. I guess if not we can book most of them on our own right?

I hope everyone is having a nice summer!

Monica
Hi Monica,

Glad you enjoyed Disney - I wish lived closer so I could get a disney fix each year.

Sorry to hear about your accidents -hope your ok. Here's to the rest of your summer being less 'exciting'.

Well I've got 2 days left till I break up. Boy I can't wait.

As for excursions -Dave my dh scuba dives so he wants to do at least one dive. I have no idea about what else to do.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #140
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Palo brunch update

Just to let you know I have 8 confimed places with reservation numbers.

There are 3 more people interested that is a total of 11.

3 more places still available.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #141
marcij

Cruise Director Chick

Hi Helen! I'm glad that school is out for a while starting tomorrow. How long is your break?

Monica -- that is so scary! You take care!

As for excursions, I have no idea. My boys love digging in the sand on the beach, so we will probably do that. As long as I have a book, a drink, an umbrella and chair, I like that too!

We are still spending all our time at baseball practices/games/tournaments, but that should be over on the 26th. I so need a break from evening/weekend events.

Have a great day everyone!

Marci

Kicking Cancer's Butt One Day at a Time!
marcij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:59 AM   #142
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Hi all,

Just a quick message.

I am really upset, Floss my youngest dog has had a fit this afternoon. Dh was out with the 3 dogs when Floss ran past him with her head to one side she then totally keeled over. Dh screamed and the land lady of the pub where he'd parked his car came out. SHe took the other 2 dogs whilst DH picked up floss (who was stiff) and carried her to the car. He has taken her to the vet hosptial and she has come round and seems herself (although a bit down). The vets have carried out lots of tests and ran her blood and its all come back ok.

We have been told the next 24hrs are important to keep an eye on her. I am really shock up. I know to some people there just dogs but they are my family as I can't have chn.

To top it all we are supposed to be going away for the weekend as we have tickets for a concert. This we have had to miss.

I had been so excited about going away now IM sitting crying. worrying.

Sorry for blabbering on

Take care
Helen x

Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #143
marcij

Cruise Director Chick

Oh my gosh, Helen. Sending lots of prayers to Floss, you and Dave. I wish I was closer so I could really help in some way. Please give us an update when you can.

Marci

Old 07-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #144
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcij View Post
Oh my gosh, Helen. Sending lots of prayers to Floss, you and Dave. I wish I was closer so I could really help in some way. Please give us an update when you can.

Marci

Hi Marci,

Thank you so much for your kind words, you dont know how much I appreciate them.
Floss seems to be herself again today. However the vet has said the next 24-48 hrs are critical. I've finished school today, but I don't have the end of term happy buzz.

I will update you later.

Once again, thanks again its a great comfort knowing there is someone who I can talk to (even if its just typing).
Helen x

Old 07-21-2008, 12:37 PM   #145
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Hi

Thank you so much for your support and prayers -it has been such a comfort.

Just got back from vets. Floss has recovered from her fit. She has also made it through the crucial 48hrs without having another one.

All the blood tests have come back normal.

Now we dont no whether this was a one of (which the vet said it could be) or the onset of epilepsy. It all depends if she has any more.

It did give both Dave and myself a real fright. It was a horrible weekend but I'm glad its over.

Thankyou again for your kindness.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #146
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Hi all,

Just wanted to welcome any one who is lurking out there. Currently we have 4 families on our cruise. Please feel free to join in . You are more than welcome. We are here to help each other plan and enjoy the cruise!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #147
MsLeFever
WPASADI II Co-Winner
Wants to be the #1 WPASADI!
Won't beg for a tag but will rewrite disco songs!
Eating chocolate is a good cure for anything and everything!

Wow! That sounds terrifying! I'm glad to read that she seems better now. Sounds like she got good care right away.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #148
MsLeFever
WPASADI II Co-Winner
Wants to be the #1 WPASADI!
Won't beg for a tag but will rewrite disco songs!
Eating chocolate is a good cure for anything and everything!

Re - excursions...

Maybe it is because we are first time cruisers but nothing that is off of the boat seems really exciting to me yet.

My son (10) wants to fish and so does my dad so I'm sure they'll be doing that at some point.

I also told him that we'd parasail at Castaway - he's pretty thrilled about that.

DH wants to snorkel, I guess DS does too.

Any recommendations??
Old 07-24-2008, 08:14 AM   #149
marcij

Cruise Director Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJobba1 View Post
Hi

Thank you so much for your support and prayers -it has been such a comfort.

Just got back from vets. Floss has recovered from her fit. She has also made it through the crucial 48hrs without having another one.

All the blood tests have come back normal.

Now we dont no whether this was a one of (which the vet said it could be) or the onset of epilepsy. It all depends if she has any more.

It did give both Dave and myself a real fright. It was a horrible weekend but I'm glad its over.

Thankyou again for your kindness.
Oh my -- I'm glad all seems well now. Sending more prayers that it was just a one-time event. Now enjoy your break from school!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #150
MrsJobba1
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Talking

I'm so excited as I've paid my cruise off today

I thought with the exchange rate being so good for us ($2 for £1) - I would bite the bullet so to speak.

With the credit crunch I did not want to risk the exchange rate dropping before I'd paid.

What was really funny - I have the DCL horn as my sound effect telling me when I've got email. So Im on the phone to the CM from DCL when the horn goes telling me about Marci's posting. The CM thought it so funny that she could hear the horn all the way in th UK

Well we are going away tomorrow for a two week trip in our Motorhome (RV) Just need to pack it up this afternoon. Fingers x that it won't rain too much and that all the dogs manage a week with out illness.

Take care
H x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: