Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #76
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

I'm going to try to find a post from my previous cruise's thread that had it all listed out very well. You'll need to set up a free photobucket account first (if you don't have one already). The instructions looked pretty overwhelming at first, but it really is very easy!

Here's a link to that post.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=394
Hope it helps! Can't wait to "see ya!"

Hudson 5 & Lennon 3 (currently Hudson8&Lennon6)

Western Magic 04-21-07 (10th Anniversary cruise)
Western Magic 05-16-09
Hudson5&Lennon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #77
starlawyermom
Earning My Ears

Thanks! Let's see if I can do this...

Here are my two girls at Fenway Park last summer (they had an open day at the park for families of my Boston-based law school and other alums of the University). My oldest is a huge Boston Red Sox fan already and we have to fight to get her to bed on late-night game days! They were sitting just on top of the "Green Monster" - Those of you who know Fenway or follow the Red Sox will know what part of the field this is. Also, a photo from a ski weekend this past winter!

[/IMG]

starlawyermom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #78
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

starlawyermom--GREAT pics! They're so cute! It wasn't too hard to post them, was it?

Sherry--have you had much time to shop in/around KC yet? My friend & I are planning our Idol concert visit, and we want to do some shopping, too. I've found about 7 malls to pick from that we might want to go to, and we're thinking we might stay at Hampton Inn in either Overland Park or Merriam since they're close to Oak Park Mall. We'd also like to check out Country Club Plaza. Zona Rosa looks pretty neat, too. Do you have any suggestions?

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 06-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #79
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

Hi Hudson5&Lennon3,

I really haven't ventured out too much. We did visit the Union Station area. It's mostly museums though. We walked around Crown Center. I wouldn't waste my time there, although I don't see it on your list. We liked Country Club Plaza. It has plenty of shops and some interesting architecture around it. I haven't tried Zona Rosa, but I've heard good things

Today we were at the Sprint Center and the Power and Light District is right across the street. People seemed to be having a good time over there. It looks like lots of shops and restaurants.

I've walked around Town Center Plaza in Leawood, but only because it's the closest mall to my house. They have a William Sonoma there! They also have a Macy's Pottery Barn, Vera Bradley, Gap, Banana Republic, Bath and Body works...

As for Oak Park Mall, I've never been. I did hear that a woman was kidnapped from the Target right behind the mall. She was murdered. Poor thing. Her Parents were just on the news last week to talk because it was the one year anniversary. I have a friend who goes to that mall all of the time though and she says she feels very safe.

I can suggest a nice hotel in Overland Park. When we made our many visits here to research the area, we stayed at Holtz Executive Suites. It's not too far from the freeway. They have reasonably priced one bedroom suites, as well as standard rooms. Breakfast is free in the morning too. We stayed at the Marriot in Overland Park once, but it is being remodeled.

Oh, another shopping area is Legends. It's just outside of Kansas City. That's where the T Rex cafe is. I'll see what else I can find out for you.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #80
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone.

IS everyone getting excited. I cannot wait. I will be getting more into our planning after our WDW trip.
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #81
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Yes! We are so excited! A couple weeks ago, I was showing off our pictures from our cruise last year to some friends, and that got me all pumped up again! It stills seems so far off, but I'm sure it'll come fast! I was also reminded of it when we packed for a quick vacation to Denver a couple weeks ago. When I opened up the suitcases to start packing, there was my over-the-door shoe holder (a must have for toiletries, etc.), the closet organizer, and the fish scale (a cheaper version of a luggage scale). The suitcases hadn't been used since our cruise, so it was kind of a surprise to see it all in there, and it also got me to thinking about how much planning needs to go into packing for it! Is anyone else going to WDW afterwards? We are, but I need to do the planning for that yet. I'm reading the WDW Passporter, and I'm thinking I'd like to stay at AK or Poly--I think there's one other one, too, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Lizzyb--what are the plans for your WDW trip coming up?

Sherry--Thanks for all the KC info! My neighbor's sister lives in KC, so she goes shopping with her quite a bit, and she had mentioned the Town Center Plaza also. For some reason, I hadn't found that one on my search, but it sounds like a great place to go! Between all the info she and you are giving me, I think we'll want to stay for weeks! I wish it wasn't going to be such a short trip. I have a huge map of KC that lists every single street, school, park, museum, etc. There sure are a lot of golf courses in the OP/Leawood area!! (I only noticed that because we live on a course. Do you?)

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 06-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #82
Nik's Mom

No, we don't live on a golf course. DH and I both agree that we should learn to play since we are surrounded by golf courses.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #83
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

We are staying at POP and will celebrate DS 2nd birthday there. We will be soing some parks but mostly water parks. I cannot wait, but its going to be soo hot there I am almost dreading it.
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

Old 06-17-2008, 03:42 PM   #84
starlawyermom
Earning My Ears

Hello all! I have become somewhat of an addict of the disboard threads! There is so much great information! I think I am the most excited out of everyone - I have read the Passporter book from cover to cover, and some partes several times (my mother-in-law bought a copy for me when she visited last). The kids finish school next Monday and we will be keeping them busy with day camp for two weeks, weekend trips to Cape Cod and activities at our pool club. Time is flying by which means it will be cruise time before we know it. BTW, for those who have kids, did you use the clubs and did the kids like them? My kids are thrilled at the thought - but just wondering if they are as good as they sound

Take care.

starlawyermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #85
Nik's Mom

My kids had fun at the clubs. We were reluctant to use them at first, but finally dropped the kids off on our day at sea. The kids had a great time. I wish we would have used the clubs a little more.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #86
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlawyermom View Post
I have become somewhat of an addict of the disboard threads!
It's very easy to become addicted! When I found the DIS, I only had three months before our cruise, so I had to suck in as much information as I could in a short time! All those late nights of DISing sure paid off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlawyermom View Post
BTW, for those who have kids, did you use the clubs and did the kids like them? My kids are thrilled at the thought - but just wondering if they are as good as they sound
The thing that our kids liked the best at first was the Mickey pool & slide. They wanted to spend ALL their time there, so they didn't use the clubs in the first few days as much as I thought they would just because they really liked the pool. We sent them to the clubs for almost the entire day of our anniversary (Thursday/sea day) because we did some tastings and ate at Palo. They went for the rehearsal for the "graduation," and then during the "ceremony," we went into the theater and watched it, but they didn't even know we were there. Then they stayed with the group and ate supper with them while we went to Palo. Hudson was so excited to make cookies on the 2nd or 3rd day, but when we went to pick him up, we couldn't find him. As panic mode started setting in, I told a CM that I didn't see him, and she said there was one little boy that wanted to play on the computers instead. I knew right away that it had to be him. Sure enough, there he was playing games instead of making cookies. He's such a game enthusiast that he was so excited to play "new games." I still hear about how the Disney Cruise had "such-n-such" game that we don't have. And Lennon still talks about how Tinkerbell came to the club and sprinkled pixie dust all over the room during story time. The boys were separated most of the time, though, because Lennon was in the 3-4 group, and Hudson was in the 5-7 group, but this time, they'll be together because they'll be 7 & 5 instead of 5 & 3. I guess it's nice to have the option of sending them or not, but we did want family time, too. Most of that, though, was us sitting at the pool watching them slide & splash. (Acutally, DH was & while I was taking as many pictures as I could!) We played Bingo one day, too. There's just so much stuff to do as a family that we didn't use it as much as we thought we would.

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 06-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #87
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

We might try to get the kids to stay at the club once or twice just for some quite time... DH is not liking the idea but I have 10mths to work on him. LOL

Old 07-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #88
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Hi Everyone,

I just officially joined the boards today (had been lurking all week reading trip reports).

I'm so excited to find this thread! I just read all six pages to catch up and "meet" everyone.

My DH and I will be on this cruise to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. Looks like we will be the only group without kids (so far). We have two boys (21 and 18) but since this is our anniversary trip we thought we would go solo. We are from Martinez, CA (about 40 miles east of San Francisco). We took the kids on a 3 day cruise in 2004 and knew we wanted to go again and on a longer cruise, but haven't been able to schedule it until now. We are using our DVC points for a week at WDW - OKW studio and then the cruise. Which means we will be celebrating Mothers Day and our actual anniversary at WDW. I've ordered the cruise Passporter and pre-ordered the 2009 WDW guidebook so I'm anxiously waiting for the Passporter to arrive and cruising the DIS and Passporter boards. Since it's been a while since our last cruise and we were on the shorter cruise I have a ton of questions. We're booked for an oceanview stateroom on the 7th deck (can't remember the actual cabin #).

To share a little bit about us: I met my DH in Drama Class in High School. We didn't start dating untill the year after he had graduated. We dated for 6 years before getting married. We still live in the same small town and both boys went to the same high school! Our 21 year old son was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was 12. He is in a program for Adults with Disabilities and learning some fantastic life skills. My youngest graduated in June and will be living at home while going to Jr. College in the fall. The 2_Eagle_Mom refers to my boys. The both earned their Eagle Scout Award after many years in Scouting. In fact DS18 is away at camp this summer as staff.

I hope I haven't bored you all. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and REALLY looking forward to planning this vacation.

Happy 4th of July!!!

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #89
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Jane (2 Eagle Mom)!!!!!!! We're so glad to have you here with us!! What a great life story you have! It's always nice to get to know people that you really don't "know"...yet. What a wonderful way to celebrate a great accomplishment for the two of you. Personally, I would recommend trying to get Palo ressies for the night of your anniversary! It'll be unforgettable! (That's where we had our 10th anniversary celebration last year. BTW, what day of the week will yours be? Ours was on Thursday--sea day/Captain's Gala menu/semi-formal night) It sounds like you're doing tons of planning and researching, which fits right in with everyone else on the DIS!

I haven't been around the boards much lately this summer because of ball games and kids activities taking up so much time, but hopefully once school starts in LESS THAN SIX WEEKS (!), I'll have more time to chat and really get to know everyone on this thread a little better. (It seems so strange that some people's kids on the thread just got out of school a couple weeks ago, and ours are almost ready to go back!)

I hope everyone had a fun & safe Independence Day! We had food & fireworks at our house on Thursday night for about 60+ people and had a great time. Then we went to my mom's house last night to watch the "big" display here in town (she lives just a few blocks from where they're at, and she has a great, unobstructed view). We've had WAAAAY too many late nights for the kids, so I'm anxious to get back to regular schedule with no fireworks (even though I LOVE THEM!) I love fireworks so much that last year on pirate night, I cried during the fireworks!! (Actually, yesterday was the 18th anniversary of our first date, so that's part of why I love them so much.)

Western Magic 05-16-09

Last edited by Hudson5&Lennon3; 07-05-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #90
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Hi Val & Everyone!

Sounds like you had a really busy week with everything going on (60+ people I'm impressed). We spent the day at my BILs visiting family, but came home around 6:00pm so my DS21 could go to the train station (his passion is trains and we have an Amtrac station in town) he's an unofficial volunteer and helps passengers get to the right train and helps the station agents with the luggage. Also the train station faces the waterfront where they shoot off the fireworks so he had a fantastic viewing spot. We came home to be with the pets (they get freaked with all the loud noises) so our 4th was really quiet.

I'm so excited that my Passporter arrived in the mail this afternoon. I thought I would check the boards quickly and then dive into filling out the stuff I already know into the book and the start reading and taking notes.

I defiately want to do Palo sometime during the week. Our actual anniversary will be on May 12 while we are at WDW, but we told the ressie agent that we would be "celebrating" the anniversary on Tuesday, May 19 - Day 4 which by just thumbing through the book looks like Master Chef/casual Attire (have no idea what that means).

Well, the book is calling me...

Hope everyone has a safe weekend

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: