Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 PM   #1
aussieinvasion
Must remember to pack the Vegemite...

09/05/09 LABORless MAGICal Meanderers

So we booked our first ever cruise today, and we are sooo excited.We ended up booking a CAT 6, and loving the double OBC with DU !! Anyone coming along too?

CRUISERS ON THIS THREAD:

aussieinvasion - Mel(32), Jay (34), Travis (5), Amelia (3)
UGAFan0829 - Missy (30), Mike (32) & DSIL Gayle, DN Brandi
ibela - Irene (32),Erik (33),DD Fallon(3) and new baby Asher
kvoit - Kurt (37), Laurie (36)
NYCDisneylovers - Stacy (40) DH-Scott (40) DD-Brittany (17) & DD-Madison (4) **now NYCDVClover2000
THUNDERMOUNTAINMOMMA - Karen (37), Dh (39),DD(11) and DD(8)
Tymatt - DS (7,11)
Kasidak - Karyn,Omar,Hayden (5)
Queenof2princesses - Angel, Bonita, DD Payton(12) DD Brooke(9)
EyeDisneyCruise - Trisha,Ben,Alexandra(4),Zachary (2)
mom2tcdx2
Scottly83 - Pat(50)Janet(51)Scott(25)charlie(26)
TLHB70 - DH, DD Courtney (age 14), DD Caitlin(age 10 but will turn 11 on the cruise), and friends DH, DW, and DD (age 13).
sbo123 - Sheila (61), Shlomo (62).
smilingmouse - DD Becky and DPapa Al
disney_minnie -Elizabeth (39),Geoffrey (39),Preston DS (9), Wilson DD (3).
idrivealumina - Me (Chris) 34, DW (Kim) 32, 2 of our 4 DS's 4yr (Aidan, will be 5yr at time of cruise) and ~5mo (Rylan, will be ~11mo at time of cruise)
pandaexpress
CarsFans - Anne,Glenn,Samantha (4), Phillip (turns 3).
LiseG - Lise, Chuck and Sabrina (8).
momof3poohlovers - DH(Dave,38)and I(Karen,39)
prdaniel
The Incredibles - James, Sara, London (DS3)
Keggy - Robert(30) and Kelly (31)
WDW Enabler - Michael 31 DH,Rose 32 DW,Taylor 4 DD
beachlover101 - Sharna DW,Walter DH, Cole DS(14), Austin DD(11).
DeeRest - DH Gil (51),Dee (46)
BeckyThane - John Mark (47) and Becky (43)
tomcat47 - Tom (36) DW Jen (30)
Douglas 711
mcarr1635 - Marlene,Brian,Jennifer, Shannah (9)
Meagon2222 - DH (45) DW (30) DS (4) DS (5)
CaliJMM - Jarrod, Melissa, DD Maya (4)
rlreags - Renee,Scott, McKenzie DD11, Spencer DS7
dibond38 - The Vassallo's, Diane,Steve and Emily (4)
WDWKevin
flspeedo
Hoagie Pie - Sandi 41,Darrell 40, Abby 12
p.laverty
carolynsanta
Ms Mary - Mary,Jeff,Meghan 8, Lily 4
blonda - DW,DH Critt, DS Gabe (4)
clubfig4 - DH Tony, DW Debbie ,DD10 Shelby,DS12 Zachary - friends DH Jay,DW Margaret,DD12 Elizabeth,DD7 Molly,DD4 Kelly

ONBOARD CELEBRATIONS

mum2tcdx2 - BF birthday Sept 5th
aussieinvasion - Amelia turns 3 on Sept 9
disney minnie - Preston turns 10 on Sept 11
UGAFan0829 - Missy and Mike 10th Wedding Anniversary, DSIL Birthday
TLHB70 - DD turns 11
queenof2princesses - DD Payton turns 12 on Sept 12
pandaexpress - GETTING MARRIED ON BOARD WOO HOO!!
CarsFans - Phillip turns 3 on Sept 11.
LiseG - Celebrating our 15th Anniv (9/3) at WDW, Sabrina's Bday (a little early - it's 9/21)
DeeRest - 25th Wedding Anniversary
BeckyThane - Becky's 44th birthday and 24th wedding anniversary
tomcat47 - 7th Wedding Anniversary
Ms Mary - Getting married onboard 09.10.09 WOO HOO!
UGAFan0829 - Gayle's Bday on 9th

FISH EXTENDER PARTICIPANTS **NOW CLOSED**
Stateroom lists to be given to participants prior to departure - 1 treat per person per cruise.

ibela 6050
sbo123 6015
disney minnie 6542
idrivealumina 6101
smilingmouse
EyeDisneyCruise 7528
CarsFans 7530
prdaniel 2552
Queenof2princesses 6560
WDW Enabler
beachlover101 7503
Kasidak
DeeRest 6082 - Also we will have two other cabins participating in the FE exchange. John (36), Rebecca (36), Beau (8), Sarah (6) in stateroom #6083 , and Susan (55) and MaryEllen (34) in stateroom # 6081.
mcarr1635 - #7050
dibond38 7118
Ms Mary # 2130
LiseG #2572
rlreags #6512
clubfig #6532, #6526

Bracelet/FE join date. 8/7 8am. Please RSVP to queenof2princesses by the deadline if interested:

ibela 2 a 2 c
sbo123 2a
queenof2princesses 4 adult 4 child
kasidak 2a 1c
UGAFan0829 2a
WDW Enabler 2a 1c
beachlover101 3a 1c
smilingmouse 2a
disney minnie 2a 3c
keggy 2a
The Incredibles 2a 1c
prdaniel 1a
DeeRest 6a 2c
idrivealumina 2a 2c
BeckyThane 2a
tomkat47 2a
mcarr1635 3a 2c
UGAFan0829 4a
dibond38 2a 1 c
rlreags 2 a 2 c

PROPOSED DISMEET TIME
3pm on embarkation day at the Promenade Lounge.

Saturday: Cruise Casual
Sunday: Cruise Casual - day at Key West
Monday: Formal wear - day at sea
Tuesday: Cruise Casual - day at Grand Cayman, Master Chef Night
Wednesday: Pirate or Cruise Casual - day at Cozumel, Pirate Night
Thursday: Semi Formal - day at sea, Captains Gala
Friday: Cruise Casual - day at Castaway Cay, Til We Meet Again

SAT – Welcome Aboard - A teaser of shows to come that week
SUN – Featured Entertainer
MON – The Golden Mickeys – A DCL Classic
TUE – Twice Charmed – A twist on Cinderella
WED – Movie Night
THR – Disney Dreams – Another DCL classic (geared toward the youngsters)
FRI – Remember the Magic – Like the first show with several of that week’s performers

Last edited by aussieinvasion; 08-13-2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Adding a name
aussieinvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
aussieinvasion

Anyone?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Hello aussieinvasion! The DH and I will be joining you!! Can't wait. We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary on this cruise. I'm soooo excited. We've been wanting to take the 7 night Western for so long! Booked today!!
So far it looks like we may have the ship to ourselves!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
aussieinvasion

Hi,
Nice to meet you!! Im shocked we are the only one's so far here. I know its supposed to be a quiet season, but Im sure it will fill up and we'll get a few more on here soon. Although, having the ship to ourselves sounds fantastic .. This is my families' first trip to the US or on a cruise for that matter. Ive been a couple of times when I was single to DW but I know it will be very different this time around. Being its for your anniversary, is it just you and DH going?
Now we have the very long and excruciating wait....luckily we can pass the time here
Mel
DCL Sep '09 DCL Western first family cruise
DW Sep '10 ASMO
DCL Oct '10 DCL 4 night Bahamian cruise
Old 01-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Nice to meet you as well!
I'm Missy, and the DH's name is Mike. It will be just the two of us. We don't have any little ones yet.
This will be our 3rd cruise, and I can't wait. We've taken the 3 and 4 night cruises, so I'm really excited about cruising on the Magic for the first time, and for 7 whole nights!
I'm glad that we have each other to talk to while passing the time!!
How exciting...your first time in the U.S., and your first time on a cruise. I think you will love it. So, how many family members are you bringing with you?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #6
aussieinvasion

Morning Missy (well it is here anyway ..)

Well its me going, DH Jay, DS Travis who will be 5 1/2 and DD Amelia who will turn 3 onboard. Were gonna do 10 nights at DW prior to the cruise so no doubt we'll all be ready to collapse by the time we get on the boat!!
Hey I saw your other thread about booking. Did you end up booking with DCL or DU? We've booked with DU, but for us a major consideration was the fact that (apart from all the great reports Ive heard about them) that its harder for us to pick up the phone and call DCL. I totally understand wanting the control of booking it yourself though. I used to be a domestic travel agent over here and I am used to doing everything myself. Needless to say, Ive already pretty much figured out what shore excursions we'll be doing etc What about you guys? Have you started to think about any of that yet? So, this is your 3rd time then? You are so lucky. I wonder (no pun intended) if you notice much difference between the two ships.

Mel
DW Sep '10 ASMO
Old 01-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #7
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Hi Mel!!
How exciting that your daughter will be turning 3 on the ship. I can't think of many other places that I would rather celebrate a birthday than on a Disney cruise!
Wow...10 days at WDW AND a cruise? I am SO jealous! That's awesome. I am sure that you are going to have a wonderful time. At least you'll have some time to relax on the ship.
I actually ended up booking directly through DCL. The thought of not having control scared me. Not to mention, I read some of the posts that others posted about feeling the same way as me, so I figured I should probably go with my gut feeling and book it myself.
I have no idea what shore excursions we'll be doing this time. I'd really like to be able to spend some time on some of the beaches, but I have no idea which ones are the best. I know there are several mentioned between Cozumel and Grand Cayman! I am open to any advice/recommendations you may have.
Do you know which stateroom you're in yet? We booked a CAT 6 as well, so maybe we'll be close to each other!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
aussieinvasion

Hi Missy,

We'll be in stateroom 6562, what about you guys? I checked the stateroom number against my passporter (do you have one? theyre great ) and its right near the elevators and a little way down from the laundry room, which we will definately need after spending all that time at DW. We thought being this is our 'once in a lifetime trip' we may as well go the whole hog and book the 10 nights prior. I know it seems a little extreme but the airfares are so expensive to fly over that this will be our only time to go when the kids are so little - unless we win lotto or something . It can be up to about $3000 a ticket, but Im hoping to get an early bird deal.
Thats another reason why we booked a CAT 6, Im not travelling all this way and not have a verandah - now I just sound spoiled
Anyway, we are debating over the shore excursions. Ive been doing a lot of research here and so far we are considering doing for Cozumel-Playa Mia, but booking on our own. You can get admission for $12 each if you book direct on their website.Lunch isnt included here but to be honest our little one's will probably get restless after spending a couple of hours on the beach and we will just grab lunch ourselves either there or at one of the recommended places Ive learned about here. They have all the facilities we want but the thing that I am also interested in is that I am sure I read here that they have a mini-zoo, which the kids will love. Also, I would love to see some ruins and a few people mentioned the San Gervasio ruins which are in town and a short cab ride away. And of course shopping, shopping,shopping
For Grand Cayman, I dont know about a beach break but I think were going to do a Stingray and Island tour with NativeWayWatersports. They dont have age restrictions on their Stingray tour and this one goes to the Stingray Sandbar only, not all the way out so its probably best for our littlies. I think this also has the option of getting dropped off at 7 Mile Beach, which we'll probably do.
For Key West we were also thinking of doing our own thing and maybe going to the Aquarium/Pirate Soul Museum and maybe the butterfly sanctuary - but Im not sure how to get to the last one yet.
Im sure this will be a hot topic for us over the next little while, all the shore excursion options. Its so exciting. My DH thinks I am crazy for having thought of all this stuff yet but I am just so excited that I cant help myself.
Are you guys flying in on the morning of the cruise?
DW Sep '10 ASMO
Old 01-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #9
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Hi Mel! Hope you had a great weekend!
Wow, I am really impressed. It sounds like you have really been doing your homework on the shore excursions. I don't have a current Passporter, but it sounds like I need to get myself a current one.
To be honest, the DH and I are currently planning a trip to WDW for this September, and we've been busy trying to make some extra $$ to get it all paid for, plus pick out all the places that we want to eat.
On the past 2 cruises that we've been on, we always booked our excursions through Disney. To be honest, I've just never been brave enough to book on my own. I guess I don't feel like I know enough about the ports to make a good decision, especially now that we'll be going to ports that we've never been to before. But I have read lots of reviews where people book on their own and have a great time.
I had thought about trying to do Stingray City on Grand Cayman as well. I think that would be really fun. I'm not sure about Cozumel yet though. I would like to check out Senor Frogs and Carlos N Charlies though. As far as Key West, I would love to check out Margartiaville and Sloppy Joe's. And I've heard that the sunset celebration at Mallory Square is pretty nice as well. That is, if the ship doesn't leave port before then. I would also like to see the Southernmost point.
We still have a loooong way to go, but it is so exicting to have something to look forward to!!
It looks like we'll be just down the hall from one another, as we're in 6576!!
I don't blame you one bit for booking a verandah room! I am sure that you will love it. We had them on our past 2 cruises as well, and it was really nice. We actually had one of the solid walls on our first cruise, and then a navigators on the last one. So I'm hoping that we will get a regular one on this cruise.
We'll actually be driving down. We're only about 7 1/2 hours away from Port Canaveral. The DH doesn't fly anyway, so we are fortunate to be close enough to drive. More than likely, we will leave the day before and spend the night in a hotel so that we can get up early and drive straight to the port the next morning. On our last cruise, we stayed in a Hampton Inn in Titusville, FL. We got a great rate, and the hotel was very nice, and we were only about 30 minutes from Port, so it's very possible that we'll stay there again!
It definitely sounds like you are going to have the trip of a lifetime. I think it's great that you and your family are going to be able to experience it, and it sounds like you definitely deserve it!
Once again, I am so glad that we have each other to "talk" with to help pass the time.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:49 AM   #10
aussieinvasion

Thats so lucky to be able to drive down, great that you are so close to be able to do it. Not to mention save money on the airfares. Ive been to Georgia before but Ive only ever been to Atlanta and Stone Mountain, at least thats all I remember of the trip - I did it when I was 17....
Have you decided where you're staying this September? I bet you're hoping to get one of those free DDP offers. That would be so great, and talk about save some money..... I hope they still have that kind of thing when we go.
Dumb question but is Senor Frogs and Carlos N Charlies a restaurant or a bar or both? Ive heard the names mentioned many times.
I know about Sloppy Joe's being that Ive also been to Key West before,or at least Ive heard the name and Margaritaville Im sure Ive read is also on Grand Cayman? or am I wrong? Im not sure. Is this another bar? A lot of people talk about it. Ive been to Mallory Square, the sunset is amazing and there are a lot of interesting people to see with different performing acts etc.
I just think this is so great to be able to meet up and chat about the cruise. Did you ever join a cruise meet group with your other cruises? Did you meet up with the people that you chatted online with?
I totally understand about earning the extra dollars to get it all paid for. We've got about 8 months until the early airfares will be released but you have to pay for them as soon as their booked so even in the best case scenario we're looking at an easy $8000 yikes..... OK Im scared now
But you are so lucky to be able to go this year. I am so jealous Being that its a very long time since Ive been and also having the kids with me Ive got no idea what we are going to do about ADR's except 1 or 2 character meals, but I guess if we do get on the free DDP I may have to think about it a bit more because it may be busier at that time. More planning....yippee!
Are you planning anything special onboard for your anniversary? Palo, spa etc? I was thinking of adding the Romance At Sea package later but Im unsure if the extra money is worth it. But being able to go on this awesome holiday is mighty special in itself without adding anything extra. What a fantastic way to celebrate your anniversary.
Im so glad too that we have each other to chat to. To be honest, as excited as my DH is, he just is not the excitable type and he's never been to DW so he is yet to experiene the "magic" of it
DW Sep '10 ASMO
Old 01-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #11
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

You are right, Mel, we are very fortunate to be within driving distance of Disney. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that you'll be able to get a good deal on the airfare. I know that can be a HUGE expense.
That's pretty neat that you've been here to Georgia before. I live about an hour or so from Stone Mountain Park.
Carlos N Charlies, Senor Frogs and Margaritaville are all both restaurants and bars, I believe.
I did join a cruise meet for our other cruises, and we did have meets onboard, but I was only able to go to the 2nd one. It was really neat to meet all the people that I had been chatting with for so long. Hopefully we'll be able to do something like that for this cruise.
We are thinking of maybe doing some spa time for our anniversary, but I'm not sure yet. I had also thought of doing the Romantic Escape, but I haven't made up my mind. I guess I still have plenty of time to decide. I am sure that we will try and do something special to celebrate!!
Maybe they will offer the free dining plan for the WDW portion of your trip. I am sure that it would be a big help for you. We were able to take advantage of the bounce back offer that was being offered when we were there next year, so we do have free dining, but I went ahead and upgraded to the Deluxe dining so that I wouldn't have to worry about paying out of pocket. We love doing the table service restaurants, so I thought the Deluxe plan would work better for us. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, and I am really excited about it. This will be our first time staying in a Deluxe. Last year we stayed at Caribbean Beach, and the year before was at All-Star Movies. The DH has wanted to stay at the WL from the very first time that we talked about going to Disney, so I'm excited that he's getting to stay where he wants. It really is a beautiful place. We were able to eat breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe, and it was really good!
So what restaurants do you have in mind for your ADR's?
Old 01-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #12
ibela
DIS Veteran

hello!

Um, sorry but you won't be getting the ship to yourselves!

I'm travelling with my dh and dd3 (by then). We went on our first DCL 9/29/07. We're going to WDW in May 2008, no current plans for WDW before the cruise. We're also booked for a verandah, I got one of the cat7 that used to be a cat5, don't remember the number though. We were in a cat5 our first cruise, honestly didn't really use the verandah much but hopefully this time with dd old enough to be in the kids club we'll be able to take advantage and have some wine and cheese on our balcony.

I'm a planner but you guys are REALLY planners! I'm nowhere near ready to start looking at excursions and stuff, I'm still trying to plan our WDW trip (1st WDW trip ever so I need it to be amazing, of course).

So there it is, I'm officially joining you guys in the planning excitement!

Missy- you can check online (passporter?) to confirm that you'll have a regular wall for your verandah.
ibela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #14
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Hi and welcome, ibela! Glad that you are joining us!
I think we'll still have plenty of room on the ship with just our 3 families!!
To me, having something to plan for gets me through all these days of waiting!
Good luck planning your first WDW trip! I am sure it will be amazing! We are going on our 3rd trip this September!
Which cruise did you take in 07?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #15
aussieinvasion

Hi Ibela!!

Nice to meet you, fantastic to see our little group is growing. My DD will be 3 then too (or at least will turn 3 onboard). I am hoping my kids both like the Oceaneers Club, those cheese platters sound to die for!! I am definately looking forward to that. Where are you from? I am here in Sydney, Australia.
I saw that you wrote that you can check what type of balcony you have online - I'll definately have to check into that.
Have you worked out where you're staying at WDW? Im jealous you guys get to go this year, its going to be a very long wait for me.....

Missy I saw you're planning to stay at the WL, thats were we are thinking of staying when we get there so you'll have to let us know how it is. Im sure its going to be beautiful. DH and I both love the look of it and we thought if we stayed there it would be a radically different theme from the cruise. Ive heard stories of Whispering Canyon Cafe, sounds like fun. Did you ask for ketchup? I didnt realise if you had the free DDP you could upgrade to the Deluxe...hmmm now that is a thought.Can I be rude and ask was it much to upgrade? Correct me if Im wrong but does the Deluxe include breakfast and tips? Im still trying to figure this all out. So far the only thing I think we've decided is to try and book Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast (if we can get in), and either Chef Mickeys or Hollywood & Vine Play and Dine.

Anyway, I could ramble on all day but I better save myself for the next 19 or so months

Have a great day guys!!
Mel
DW Sep '10 ASMO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: